Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Flipper405

Real Name Flipper405   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Flipper405
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 2, 2008, 18:04
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 54592

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway
1. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Free Weekend Underway May 6, 2010, 22:16 Flipper405

dont care to play this even for free...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Access with Preorders
1. Re: StarCraft II Beta Access with Preorders Apr 21, 2010, 21:38 Flipper405

lol, i'm sure they had a ton of people trying to cancel as soon as they got their key...

definitely looking forward to this game, but I hate gamestop too much to buy from there

News Comments > StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing
52. Re: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty CE & Pricing Apr 8, 2010, 17:46 Flipper405

Kevin wrote on Apr 8, 2010, 17:23:
This really isn't that complicated. If you think it's overpriced, don't buy it. Eventually the price will come down and sales appear.

winner

I'm looking forward to this game, and I think it will be well worth the money. OTOH, I still have not played Modern Warfare 2 and don't plan to any time soon. Each person will make their own decision about whether a game is worth the price or not...

Prez wrote on Apr 8, 2010, 17:26:
Me, I'm still waiting for the announcement that Starcraft 2 single player requires an always-on internet connection.

This would change my mind about the game for sure though...

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mount & Blade: Warband Mar 30, 2010, 17:19 Flipper405

Darn, I guess that means I can't play the multiplayer for free through the beta now

I'm eager to read up on the single player game though. The extent to which they improved the SP will dictate when I buy this game.

News Comments > Mafia II PhysX Movie
5. Re: Mafia II PhysX Movie Mar 27, 2010, 21:16 Flipper405

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 20:36:
LittleMe wrote on Mar 27, 2010, 19:52:
I want the GPU physx but I don't much like the nV cards now. I thought DirectX 11 itself supports GPU physics calculations. Why not use that? oh well.
I use a 9600GT just for dedicated PhysX along-side my 4870x2 for rendering. The 9600 doesn't get used much though. It was cool in Batman:AA however.

I prefer the Havoc approach though, where in games like Just Cause 2, the physics are actually useful, and cool at the same time.

I thought nvidia had disabled physx when another gpu is used? when did they change that? or do you have to stick with old drivers? i'm interested in getting a cheap nvidia card for physx...

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access
4. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 24, 2010, 06:19 Flipper405

Yeah, I can see why some people may have been disappointed with the original. Honestly, everything OUTSIDE of the actual combat was a skeleton of what it should have been. The city/castle building was pretty much a joke.

On the other hand, I've been playing the multiplayer beta, and it really adds a lot to the game. I also get the impression they are making vast improvements to the singleplayer game. If you liked anything about the original, this is definitely worth checking out.

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2010, 06:55.

News Comments > Us And Them - Cold War and Demo Released
5. Re: Us And Them - Cold War and Demo Released Mar 17, 2010, 17:51 Flipper405

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 17, 2010, 13:49:
Looks interesting.

I thought so too, but I just tried the demo and uninstalled within 5 minutes... it looks extremely unpolished. I understand this is indie. On the other hand, when things are overlapping within the window, and I spot a spelling mistake in the very first message of the tutorial, it's a bit too much. It looks like it's not scaling to resolution or something.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 15, 2010, 17:50 Flipper405

Verno wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 10:24:
The game has no multiplayer and it's being released in a very competitive spring this year. I have literally 15 other games in my backlog and while I enjoyed the Just Cause 2 demo, I can't justify blowing $50 on something when I've already spent a thousand on other games I haven't even played yet.

same here - I'm still working on everything I got from the holiday sale

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 14, 2010, 22:04 Flipper405

Jerykk wrote on Mar 14, 2010, 21:25:
Disappointing amount of pre-orders for the Dragon Age expansion. I'd like to say that it's because it's an expansion but Chaos Rising is an expansion too. I don't think it's a matter of marketing either, as both expansions have received about the same amount. I guess it must be the price.

That's the reason that my friend who has DA:O gave - price.

News Comments > Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak?
7. Re: Portal 2 Co-op Details Leak? Mar 5, 2010, 20:21 Flipper405

The Half Elf wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 20:04:
I dunno, while co-op is a nice feature, I really enjoyed Portal being a single player experience.

It says the co-op would be an entirely separate campaign.
Personally, I'm looking forward to the co-op.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Screenshots
5. Re: Crysis 2 Screenshots Mar 4, 2010, 19:37 Flipper405

The_Pink_Tiger wrote on Mar 4, 2010, 19:31:
Dang. I'm going to need a new computer.

that's what i was thinking

News Comments > Tropico 3: Absolute Power Announced
5. Re: Tropico 3: Absolute Power Announced Mar 1, 2010, 17:34 Flipper405

I just finished the campaign for this a couple of days ago. I'm definitely looking forward to this expansion!

News Comments > StarCraft II Beta Scheduling
8. Re: StarCraft II Beta Scheduling Feb 26, 2010, 22:05 Flipper405

kxmode wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 14:01:
I gave up on multi-player. Too many overly skilled RTS players to make it even remotely fun! I'll just wait until the single-player game is out.

I also had this concern - isn't the matchmaking system supposed to help alleviate this to some extent?

News Comments > Warner Bros. Acquires Rocksteady Studios
4. Re: Warner Bros. Acquires Rocksteady Studios Feb 23, 2010, 11:53 Flipper405

nin wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 10:12:
Lookin forward to the sequel...

Same here. Can't wait to hear more about it.

News Comments > Gold - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising
25. Re: Gold - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Feb 22, 2010, 18:44 Flipper405

Notch another vote for those that really enjoyed DoW2... I'll pick this up once it's on sale.  

News Comments > Mount&Blade Warband Open Beta
2. Re: Mount&Blade Warband Open Beta Feb 19, 2010, 10:25 Flipper405

Frijoles wrote on Feb 19, 2010, 09:31:
The Youtube videos of this look like regular Mount & Blade. Is anyone in the beta that can comment on the differences? It looks like you defend a keep from the walls, so there's some gameplay changes. Graphics, however, look the same to me (maybe a step back if you're using mods in the first one).

I am finishing up downloading this now - I'll probably have time to play it sometime this weekend, but I believe siege defense is available in the original already in the 'quick battle' option.

Someone on the above forums listed some of the options that will be available in the new singleplayer (SP beta is closed still)

Never fear! For lucky SP beta testers like me, HOLY COW! The SP is AWESOME.

A new map,
New faction,
New armors,
New weapons,
New horses,
Courting and Marriage,
New scenes,
You can open businesses,
You can become king,
You can claim the throne,
You can appoint companions as heirs,
and that's only a portion of new things. I was totally and completely awed.

Sounds like they are incorporating some of the features from mods.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 14, 2010, 19:02 Flipper405

shponglefan wrote on Feb 14, 2010, 17:29:
Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Feb 14, 2010, 17:06:
Steam's sort-of fallen flat on sales since the big holiday sale madness.

I dunno about that. They had Psychonauts and the X-Com collections for $2 apiece, and most recently Mount&Blade for only $5.

Though after missing the big holiday sale, I'm hoping they put Mass Effect back on sale.

Not to mention Tropico 3 for cheap as well. I picked up all of the above other than x-com because I already had it...

Mount and Blade has been a great surprise. Once you get past the graphics and start dealing with the mod community, there really is a ton to do there.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 Not Dated
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum 2 Not Dated Feb 1, 2010, 17:06 Flipper405

Ecthelion wrote on Feb 1, 2010, 13:49:
The only thing I didn't like about it was having to wait through the death sequences repeatedly during tough parts of the game (where you are taunted by one of the bosses - I liked the death sequences but they got frustrating after a while). It probably didn't help that I chose the highest difficulty level.

I enjoyed the story and gameplay quite a bit... it was one of the highpoints of 2009 for me. I also had a lot of fun with the Silent Predator challenges.

This is coming from someone who has never read a Batman comic, and who's only seen a few of the movies. The game managed to really impress me even though I'm not that big on Batman.

I hope the sequel measures up to the original.

Totally agree with everything in the quoted post. I hope that they offer even more Silent Predator challenges this time, as that really extended my play time trying to get a better strategy to get up the leaderboards... I got top 5 on a couple of challenges I believe.

This comment was edited on Feb 1, 2010, 17:08.

News Comments > On Sale
10. Re: On Sale Jan 30, 2010, 17:26 Flipper405

LittleMe wrote on Jan 29, 2010, 21:49:
I hope Tropico 3 sold/sells well. I kind of feel bad for Haemimont because they tried to revamp a great game and did an admirable job but it seems like this sale says that demand for the game is low.

Agreed, I just picked this up. I'm surprised how quickly it has gotten to these price levels, but at least it's showing up in the top sellers list at the moment.

This comment was edited on Jan 30, 2010, 17:27.

News Comments > Settlers 7 Beta Opens
1. Re: Settlers 7 Beta Opens Jan 25, 2010, 21:11 Flipper405

cooool, waiting in line now to try it.
...as if I actually had time to play this

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo