Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shul

Real Name shul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shul
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2000, 17:14
Total Comments 660 (Apprentice)
User ID 5459

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Defender of the Crown Oct 2, 2003, 13:12 shul

Wow!!
Thanks for this one, brought on a heap of memories :-)

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. The new year Sep 27, 2003, 05:55 shul

Blue and everyone,
I wish you a happy new year, much better than the last one.

144. Loss Sep 20, 2003, 02:12 shul

Stephan, I want to convey my deepest sympathies and my condolences for your loss - I hope you will see this through with the knowledge that life should and will keep on.

As one which met loss in several occasions I want you to know that sometimes (especially when the person dying is close to you) the best way in the first days is to keep on doing the stuff you always do, returning to normal for part of the day. Keep in mind that the full weight of what has happened will fall upon you and try to manage your time is such a way that when it does someone will be there, or, if you prefer it that way (like I do) - a warm, familiar surrounding and a lot of silence...

Stay strong,

shul

News Comments > Empires: Dawn of the Modern World Demos
53. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2003, 00:56 shul

This is going to be one of those days...
Freddy will fuck up the forums, everybody will be posting obscure links and comment about them...

nin - if you'd like to see the page in a normal fashion, switch to thread mode

486. Re: sorry Sep 19, 2003, 00:48 shul

Blue,
I really hope all will be well with your mother, life has the tendency to swirl you around by good things and bad things.

Stay strong, hope for the best,
shul

37. Re: Ads on Blues Aug 21, 2003, 15:27 shul

It's OK blue, doesn't really amount to much of the irritation you think it is,

Get some sleep, I am sure this ad thing is not going to change anybody's view of the site

shul

News Comments > NWN: Hordes of the Underdark Details
21. Re: Whoa!! Aug 12, 2003, 09:14 shul

Thanks!
I'll go over there and check it out

News Comments > NWN: Hordes of the Underdark Details
19. Re: Whoa!! Aug 12, 2003, 02:20 shul

Is there some "top list" of mods worth playing somewhere?

... Just bought the game the other day, downloaded the (1.2+GB) linux client and reading the (pretty big) manual.

News Comments > Full Throttle Brakes
21. Re: ? Aug 8, 2003, 03:23 shul

I was in a focus group

I blame U

just kidding... no wait... I do blame U !!!

:-)

News Comments > Full Throttle Brakes
20. Re: ? Aug 8, 2003, 03:20 shul

See dude, the implication there is that the game was not shaping up well, so they canned it. I assure you it's not to spite the consumers.

Give me sucky full throttle any day. LucasArts just ruined my day

Edit: wtf??

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 03:21.

News Comments > English XIII Demo
40. looks like a great demo Aug 7, 2003, 17:51 shul

short. concise. brilliant.

got a GPF while playing... I wonder if that will be taken care of before the game is out... something to do with the rendered of unreal warfare engine...

but really a good demo.

News Comments > Half-Life 2/ATI Bundle?
28. Re: Dilemma Aug 3, 2003, 14:28 shul

Shul, stop feeding the troll. He's not asking a question, he's just being his normal no life, no friends idiotic self, only this time he managed to find the question mark key. It's still trolling.

Well, I don't know...

btw, why do you talk about ATI and not Nvidia (except the Geforce comment) - no go with nvidia ?

11. Re: Geek! Aug 3, 2003, 14:14 shul

48.32347% - Super Geek. And proud of it

The strange thing is that things I didn't marked are things I don't know about... which leads me to beleive I need to check these things...

18. Re: No subject Aug 3, 2003, 13:46 shul

You got some nerve asking that, don't you ?

The reason I am answering this (so called 'trolling') is that I see fredrickson is actually asking a question...

So fredrickson, you are asking why nin hates you? where does the intoleration come from? why does he thinks your nick should be wiped off the face of blues?

Maybe it's because you have over 880 posts of pure trolling, maybe it's because you hate and have opinion over anything, and everything, maybe it's because you take up too much bandwidth, which we pay for btw...

nin doesn't like you and wants to shut you up (as many do) but he is not a racist. Choose your wording carefully next time. You are annoying me.

9. what are the minimum requirements? Aug 3, 2003, 13:18 shul

Does anyone knows what are the min req for the game?

News Comments > Take Two versus Duke
46. Re: planting the seeds Jun 12, 2003, 10:48 shul

...and they even diss their own fanboi's

With only seeing what Goerge had to say to you (I am not a 3DR fanboy), don't you think you are a bit biased?

News Comments > Take Two versus Duke
42. Re: You have to admit... Jun 12, 2003, 03:03 shul

check out what carmack had to say about that...

I'm sure you have all heard about the 3drealms / quake deal by now. It took a long time to get everything nailed down, but it should be worth it.

The "quake 2" terminology is a little confusing. They have all the quake / glquake / quakeworld stuff right now, but they will be picking up the quake 2 codebase after we finish it.

I'm quite excited about this -- it should be a very complimentary arrangement. We would never have done a game like Duke at id, but there are many valid styles of design that are mutually exclusive. Todd and the rest of the Duke team are hard working developers with a pretty clear vision of what they want. It happens to be different than our vision, but the market is plenty big enough for both of them.

15. Re: ? Jun 9, 2003, 13:29 shul

Blue, keep on the good work, even if ximian 2 will ruin my desktop I'll be back in a matter of .. ehhm... hours..

when did you got slashdotted?

and to #9, my friend, you have obviously missed the whole fredster point :-)

News Comments > WoW Updates
13. Re: looks pretty bad Jun 6, 2003, 12:25 shul

Like EQ and DAOC being 2 different "platforms"?

Yes, exactly - I think of the MMORPG field as essentially a graphics engine with networking capabilities (several MMORPG actually bought a license for such an exact engine..) which means you can create any world you want on it... hence a "platform" and not a "unique gaming experience".

Well, this is all starts looking like I am a troll, and that wasn't my intention, so think about what I said and judge for yourself.. (btw, I have beta tested AO , fighting legends and project entropia, so as far as knowing the field and what goes behind the scenes, I am fairly in the loop)

News Comments > WoW Updates
9. Re: looks pretty bad Jun 5, 2003, 19:22 shul

Larry (nice nick, btw) ,

I have read your email and frankly, I don't see your point. FPSs are almost the same thing, and you wouldn't see many people buy doom 3, unreal 2, unreal tournament 2003, duke nukem and deus ex all together, because they cost too much and differ slightly. Your argument is flawed since FPSs are games you can play in parallel, while in MMORPG you need to invest time and money to gain experience, meet new people and continue evolving. playing two or more MMORPG is nothing like playing UT2003 and doom3 at the same week.

I am happy for you that you found DAOC as your favourite game (For now), but it does not explain why there should be so many different MMORPGs directed at the same audience (which is you) - there is only a segment of the market which will play and pay for these games on a monthly bases, and this segment should be divided by a large number of MMORPG. Seeing the blizzard movie I commented on what I saw as yet another shoot / quest / level up MMORPG.

I hope this clears stuff.

shul........

edit: added some thoughts, changed some bad writing
This comment was edited on Jun 5, 19:26.

660 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo