Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shul

Real Name shul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shul
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2000, 17:14
Total Comments 657 (Apprentice)
User ID 5459

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
61. Re: Pandora Sep 9, 2005, 04:17 shul

I found that i like melancholic guitar music..

who knew?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. cat and mouse Jun 26, 2005, 14:20 shul

The funny thing is, that cats are rather good at what they do, so I really don't know where this phrase has originated..

Maybe it's because of the actual play a cat might have with its pray...

News Comments > Virtual Reality Becoming a Realty?
17. This is sad Jun 24, 2005, 15:47 shul

It's so sad... looked up their web site. It reminds me of the 80's game adds, where they had a hand drawn vixen and the game was called "Vixens from Mars!!!" while the screen shots were really small and really bad...

There is no actual demonstration of the product in their site!! the only thing is "look at the slick stream lined style we got here"...

Sad..

23. Dana Elcar, 'Macgyver' actor, dies at 77 Jun 11, 2005, 16:05 shul

Blue,
Please add the guy's name,

Thanks

News Comments > Carmack on Game Patents
30. Carmack is a demagogue Jun 3, 2005, 03:52 shul

Having made up a pretty non-existing scenario in which the same party of interest creates a "brain storming room" with a bunch of sharp programmers and then send them off to file their own patents Carmack then goes on to say that in such a case the first one is ok while the other get shafted.

Well, although I admire Carmack, on this one he is simply wrong. The usual flow is either one very sharp person tries to get a patent on something or a company does. Usually there are not that many contenders at first. Usually only one patent for a particular innovative idea is being put on the table; a year later someone else suddenly realizes he thought of the same idea before, so why not sue?

Well, the idea behind the patent mechanism (which is pretty screwed up right now because of the legal system) was to benefit society by giving it recipes for cutting edge technologies while protecting the original creator for the next 20 years or so.

But the system is screwed. It rewards those who has better means and not neccessarily better ideas. It stops better ideas from getting to the world because most ideas are evolution of older ones, and determining (from a legal point of view) when you actually improved something vs. when you simply copied something is very hard.

The extremest would say, I don't want to patent anything, but then the problem is with technology staying in private hands instead of getting out there.

26. Vancouver? Jan 19, 2005, 12:56 shul

Anyone from Vancouver? Is should be there next week... How cold is it ? ~0 ??

77. Re: Cat Stevens Sep 25, 2004, 16:40 shul

there might potentially be hidden references to drug use in the Simpsons.

It's "Do'h" , not "Dope" !!!

This comment was edited on Sep 25, 16:41.

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Release Candidate
54. Re: Am I alone? Sep 17, 2004, 09:54 shul

No, you are not alone

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Using DOOM 3 Engine?!
58. You know.. Sep 10, 2004, 03:26 shul

You know when you use "LOL" to express how funny something is while you didn't actually "loughed out loud" reading it?

Well, this time I ACTUALLY LOLLED

You just have to be kidding me (and I'm not that big a fan of duke to start with) this is the single most annoying dev team I've ever heared from (and yes, this does include the NWN for linux saga and black & white ..ehmm.. thingy).

Another thing (speaking of blue's update) - how would *anyone* (and I am not only talking about the techie who acutally said it) confuse :
in house engine

with

Doom3 technology

How ???

9. Re: Quitting Gaming Aug 22, 2004, 10:26 shul

I think I've reached a turning point.

May I suggest trying a different genre?

I started with Sierra quests (and all sorts of stupid arcades), moved on to fps (mostly the more "interesting" ones like half life, max paine, alice etc.) and now I am more into the RPG... neverwinter nights platinum edition is out end of next month!!

And then there is doom3 and half life 2 :-)

I don't think you should stop playing, since it does fill something in your life - on the other hand maybe your next move should be to write a game ?

News Comments > Half-Life 2 Source Theft Arrests
81. Re: I dunno, it just sounds like bullshi Jun 11, 2004, 14:42 shul

There is that and there there is steam, which from all acounts really sucks, community wise...

Don't forget that the original HL didn't have any sdk for computerized opponents, Gabe is trying to get off as John Carmack while he is not. The "Damnit" post of Carmack on /. was in place, Gabe's "you are so cool, we love you" is not.

On the other hand, if that's how he plays it - thats great - scrap steam, open source the source engine (thats a pan I couldn't avoid) and let there be light, IF the community is so important go OGRE, don't go M$ (yeah I know, lots of people worked on it blah blah blah, thats no reason to open source the code and sell the game, not so many are going to use the source, and those which will will create more MODs for it so more people will by the game to get in the network)

my 2.5 cents

12. Shouldn't it be 03:02:01 ? Jun 5, 2004, 16:53 shul

50. Re: I have found a Feb 21, 2004, 03:59 shul

I am using the (new?) wireless optical mouse from M$, yes, it's form is a bit strange, but it is quite nice, to the level of playing UT2004 with some level of precision (it's not the best thing for that, but I'm not much of an FPS man),

Never tried logitech, always seemed to be cumbersome and costly... maybe after this one will die (although my previous one, the M$ optical explorer never died...)

I guess its a matter of convinience, and you there is no point to argue about that, for each his own...

57. Re: EA Ad Dec 19, 2003, 11:55 shul

The real question is whether you are the guy they want to hire if you *can* read their ad...

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: where are the movies?? Oct 27, 2003, 14:56 shul

Thnx man!

News Comments > etc.
1. where are the movies?? Oct 26, 2003, 13:33 shul

Where are blood gulch chronicles, Anna, etc. ?

1. .plan listing Oct 26, 2003, 13:19 shul

I vote on returning it, put it on the lower left corner, so anyone who doesn't want it can avoid it.

I learned a lot from those listings, and carmack still uses it quite a lot...

News Comments > ATI HL2 Bundle Update
1. ricochet! Oct 26, 2003, 13:16 shul

Going through HL twice, playing CS and TFC and trying to understand why the hell did they made DMC, I can only say it's a good thing they added ricochet, otherwise it would have just been a waste of time...

Yeah, I am being cynical...

72. Re: evil? Oct 24, 2003, 02:10 shul

Interesting thing is that the phrase "you can do anything with zombo.com" rate 99% good, 1% evil...

I wonder if there is a web which rates 100% something..

News Comments > New (Renamed) NVIDIA Drivers
33. HL2 Oct 23, 2003, 14:24 shul

I wonder how they could have made improvements specific for HL2 seeing they did not take part in the dev (ATI did, one of the developer's names is all over the place, as far as I read)...

just food for thought...

657 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo