Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shul

Real Name shul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shul
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2000, 17:14
Total Comments 661 (Apprentice)
User ID 5459

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
1. uru sucks Aug 13, 2007, 13:08 shul

Hi, just a note; the uru review is from someone who haven't played it!! - so he sort of goes through all of the stand alone URU game.. this is not a review, it's an insult..

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Linux Steam - Really
53. Re: oye.. Jul 22, 2007, 09:19 shul

I don't know what games you have, but I think its safe to assume you can't use "windows" to run them, you can use Windows XP. 2000,NT,98 and Vista will not run 100% of your games.

Seeing that Microsoft does not backward support games (and programming languages, and runtime envs) while wine does (wine is not emulation) on linux, I'd say you need to join the wine/cedega/code weaver crossoffice ASAP if you want to continue being able to play 100% of the games you own.

52. Re: oye.. Jul 22, 2007, 09:04 shul

I don't see my needs alone; I, too, have not used linux when all it was is a way to boot your machine to a text console. I didn't use it before nvidia drivers were available, even. So I am your average joe in that regard; that's exactly why I see how games in linux will be beneficial to the average joe.

also, Vista is such a success it will get XP to sell more at 2008 than at 2007... http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/07/21/0624233

45. Re: oye.. Jul 21, 2007, 15:35 shul

your numbers are from 2004... thats.. well, 3 years ago..

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 15:35.

42. Re: oye.. Jul 21, 2007, 11:03 shul

Trashy, what are your system specs?
64bit or 32bit?

40. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2007, 07:53 shul

tried answering your other thread with quotes and stuff , but there is some problem, so you'll need to find my answers in there somewhere (hint-identation).

as for this post, beamer, I hold a CS degree as well and I can't understand what you are on about, I know CGI people, home users, people in developing countries use linux, with no CS degree whatsoever, why would the western world need microsofts pat on the back ?

Oh, btw, china uses linux as well.. ehmm..

39. Re: No subject Jul 21, 2007, 07:42 shul

No, shul. You proved nothing wrong. There aren't enough gamers to make gaming on linux viable. And there's no good reason for games to go to linux. There's no good reason for gamers to go to linux, either.]

This relates to the circular logic applied; there aren't enough gamers because there aren't enough games. Looking at the gamers around me, the'd be happy to install freely available OS rather than paying for a virus infested hassle.

Linux is more stable than Windows. This is useful if you're running servers. Linux is more open than Windows. This is useful if you have the knowledge to take advantage of it.]

Tried Ubuntu lately?

Windows, on the other hand, is a self-contained enviroment. The variables are far fewer. Most Windows builds are somewhat similar. This allows devs to test far more efficiently. And it's still a nightmare.]

That's just wrong, I am involved with several multiplatform softwares and none had more issues in linux compared to windows, on the other hand, issues in windows are usually related to faulty concepts that no one can debug because they are part of the os (threads, for example, act differently in win98, winxp, and vista)

Why should developers enter the world of Linux? So they can have more headaches? So they can spend more money for hardly any more profits? ]

Hmm.. checked out how many game servers which run on linux are there? checked the community around nwn1 on linux?

Why should gamers go to Linux? Again, more headaches and fewer choices?]

again with the circular logic, and as for headaches, I simply don't agree, try out ubuntu, really (I am an FC user myself, btw)

If you use Linux and you want to game: dual boot. It's simple. There's no reason not to have a version of windows on your system if it serves some of your purposes, unless you're one of those idiots that thinks Microsoft is out to get you.]

already answered by another poster, but to re-iterate on his theme: I wrote code for linux which does all sorts of data manipulations and gathering for a project, I don't want to stop it and a VM is not a viable choice, so please tell me, should I buy a new computer now?

Yes, Vista is arguably a step back, and if Microsoft doesn't respond the community will. But Me was a step back and it didn't matter. XP came along and became the best gaming platform the PC has ever seen. Why would ANYONE want to abandon that, on the developer or consumer side?]

Vista is more than a step back from a linux point of view, vista locks all future games for the PC on directX 10 so xbox 360 will be the only platform worth migrating too.. sounds a bit like a monopol to me, wouldn't you say? and by locking I don't mean that the games wouldn't be portable, thats because C and C++ are ANSI, I mean that WGA won't let you install DX10 on any other platform than vista. and sence OpenGL gives the same capabilities as DX10 I reckon this is not exactly because XP does not have the right software..

So do tell me, why are you so eager to give unplausable reasons to stay with windows when others like to use other OSs?

Probably because he's an idiot.]

Sorry if you got insolted, I really thought you were a troll..

This comment was edited on Jul 21, 07:44.

12. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2007, 12:19 shul

is this some kind of a stupid troll? why would linux have no reason to be in linux? I'm involved with linux and I think it has, and so are many others, now; since linux is open source the members of the community decide where it goes, and it takes only one (me , in this case) to prove your postulate is wrong.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. 2nd avenue deli !!! Jul 2, 2007, 07:42 shul

Blue,
very sorry, but the best (best!) deli even was 2nd avenue deli - and I ate there only twice before they had to close

News Comments > Into the Black
11. Re: heroes - spoiler within Apr 21, 2007, 13:07 shul

The half elf, that was exactly my point!!! it's a UGO banner on the top of the bluesnews.com page!!!

9. heroes - spoiler within Apr 21, 2007, 04:13 shul

just wanted to say I am pissed off because of one of the banners here says "who is gonna die in heroes?" and while this may be a rumor I don't want it in front of my face while browsing blues..

+ in other places outside of the US heroes just began, so telling people who survived or is going to die is even more bothersome.

7. pet food recall Apr 21, 2007, 04:05 shul

Hi,
I own a pet and I wanted to know which brands are recalled, can anyone give a link to an overall list please?

Thanks!!

13. Re: Hardware Question Apr 18, 2007, 12:41 shul

Hi,
It seems like the price cuts are just beginning, I'd wait another 3 months (or less) for Barcelona to get out, core2duo to get a price cut -> which will cause the current AM2 AMDs to be reduced even further,

shul

5. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2007, 14:17 shul

Ok,
I didn't get it, someone please explain..

News Comments > Uru Live Dated
1. hmm... Jan 26, 2007, 04:04 shul

This is like deja vue of something I read long long time ago... weird...

6. NVIDIA Overclocking: Priceless. Dec 2, 2006, 09:20 shul

That's all nice and well, but how does 3dmark on this beast actually looks like? Show us how you crushed the record..

13. Re: Possibly the coolest extension EVAR Nov 29, 2006, 13:37 shul

Hey,
Thanks man! it is a very nice extension indeed

34. Re: Thats not Turkey Nov 24, 2006, 03:08 shul

The whole idea here is gross. Blue, please say this is not work safe in bold or something...

15. film adaptation Nov 18, 2006, 07:07 shul

Go see "the de vinci code". Now *this* is an adaptation.. of .. hrrmmm.. something :-(..

661 Comments. 34 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo