Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for shul

Real Name shul   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname shul
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jun 8, 2000, 17:14
Total Comments 657 (Apprentice)
User ID 5459

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
35. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2014, 13:38 shul

Blue wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:25:
RoboNerd wrote on May 27, 2014, 10:13:
Thankfully Pepsi Throwback is easily and routinely available here in the Heartland. What is harder to find is chocolate syrup that is not made from high fructose corn syrup. Hershey wake up! Protest

I mentioned this when I found it recently, which relates to the post before yours as well. While I have heard many tales of Kosher for Passover Coke using sugar, I have never actually found it. However, around Passover I found Fox's U-Bet chocolate and strawberry syrups each made with sugar so they are Kosher... you may still be able to find some, otherwise, keep that in mind for next year.

+1

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2014, 09:31 shul

Blue, you should come to Israel, we have sugar based Coca Cola because HFCS is not kosher for passover :-)  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 12, 2014, 02:51 shul

you know what we didn't have for a long time? A media entry which is audio only.  

20. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 29, 2014, 02:53 shul

spoilers:
nice to see we, the book readers are in the same status as the TV watchers now. I don't think the series will ruin the books, and I'm pretty sure Brans story will conclude as in the books.

The link someone posted above is excellent, if you don't mind spoilers it connects stories in the books to this last episode. I learned or re-learned some stuff and it does seem the baby stuff has some bases in the books... interested to see where this goes!

26. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 9, 2014, 01:59 shul

spoilers ahead (GoT):

Daario's change can be explained in the fact that he is a changeling, although I doubt he changes during his stay with a specific character.. the whole time he is with Denearys is not accounted for in the books, afair

News Comments > OnLive Undead: Announces New Services
11. Re: Into the Black Mar 9, 2014, 03:06 shul

InBlack wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 03:31:
NKD wrote on Mar 5, 2014, 21:12:
Haha I remember all the viral shill dickweeds all over the internet claiming this was going to be the best thing evarrrr.

Yeah, I got flamed repeatedly by certain 'people' on this board for claiming that this smelled like a fucking scam. Where are they now?

Living at NYC at the time I must say it was a great service. Don't know how it is now, but calling the ones saying it was a good idea "viral shill dickweeds" is a bit much.. don't you think?

Anyway, I was pretty sad it all went bad, apparently its not a good business model yet, but it will happen.

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
37. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 13:34 shul

It seems to me that Ken Levine is saying that without him, Irrational has no chance to do anything anyway, so he might as well fire everyone...

my impression exactly.. I wish someone come over and say it ain't so..

News Comments > Into the Black
22. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2014, 13:29 shul

Frans wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 05:20:
shul wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 02:48:
Is it just me or is the site working faster
Just you. Only the drives were replaced.

btw, is Frans getting anything for this work?
Kudos from Blue and you lot, which I appreciate. And satisfaction from completing the job.

Something I always wondered about is, how many people are in the bluesnews team?
Read around on the site some more, and you should have found: http://www.bluesnews.com/a/2/site-credits

so kudos then

and I knew about the credits, been there a couple of times, each time blue says "we" I go there.. but it's the royal we :-/

News Comments > Irrational Games Closing
24. Re: Irrational Games Closing Feb 19, 2014, 02:53 shul

Creston wrote on Feb 18, 2014, 18:49:
Wow, that seems kinda... harsh? Guys make a very succesful game, and then because Ken Levine wants to make a smaller studio, everyone else gets sacked?

Thanks, Ken Levine?

I agree. He seems a pretty big psychopath at this point.
On the other hand, maybe he was trying to make lemonade out of lemons, get the word out there and stay true to his stuff. as someone else here wrote he doesn't have the actual power to close irrational to being with..

18. Re: Into the Black Feb 19, 2014, 02:48 shul

Great work Frans

Is it just me or is the site working faster

btw, is Frans getting anything for this work?

Something I always wondered about is, how many people are in the bluesnews team?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2013, 09:32 shul

:-(

Sad.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2013, 14:18 shul

The open source GPU thing is going to be such a huge fail.. 200k will only give 2D, the universal shader is only at 1 million and after you give them $100 you get a usb key with the source on it... which is under lgpl anyway...

if you pay $300 you get to see this misserable thing 3 months before everyone else... please...

This is a nice project and open sourcing it can be a good thing, but its not for kickstarter..

1. Re: Into the Black Oct 10, 2013, 05:06 shul

Your email news@bluesnews.com stopped working from gmail  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2013, 03:40 shul

Spoilers

Great ending to a great series. I hope all series are like that.

News Comments > NeonXSZ Demo
4. Re: NeonXSZ Demo Sep 27, 2013, 16:31 shul

played it a bit, it doesn't have the well polished feel decent had, it is more indie level and not very friendly.. I roamed a bit, discovered I can shoot other vessels, got some upgrades and uninstalled.

Decent had this quick response which made me feel like I really pilot the vehicle, here its gone. maybe the upgrades give you more control over your ship and so this is a crippled demo, and that's bad, and maybe the game engine is just not that good.

had hopes, pity...

News Comments > NeonXSZ Demo
1. Re: NeonXSZ Demo Sep 27, 2013, 11:23 shul

That looks excellent. installing now.

Hope the gameplay will be as excellent.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
19. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 16, 2013, 05:28 shul

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 13:54:
I, too, want to believe. I've been waiting 20 years for a game to bring me the experience of Elite 2. I haven't found a game yet that can do it.

Slightly skeptical about the trailer, because even though it's probably prerendered within their game engine, it's still prerendered and there's a lot of post effects going on there (so basically worth what your typical cinematic trailer is).
What concerns me a bit more is that they're aiming for the cinematic vibe at all.

I just want a galaxy, a ship, and a fuck-ton of possibilities. I would play another Elite game today even if it looked like the original and just had improved user interface and accessibility.

Here you go: http://www.oolite.org/

(and make sure you download and use some of the plug ins, for this fuck-ton of possibilities you mentioned :0) )

28. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2013, 04:06 shul

Shana Tova Blue

This year was ok I guess.. or maybe I just stopped caring..

I joined the league as the resident monkey, completely random, have no idea what I am doing so I went ahead and voted for all of the games. keep this in mind when I come at the bottom.

News Comments > Precinct Crowdfunding Cancelled
2. Re: Precinct Crowdfunding Cancelled Aug 25, 2013, 12:54 shul

That's sad, I think it signals the end of the sierra guys kickstarters.

I was hoping for a manhunter one :-(

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
86. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 8, 2013, 05:44 shul

Prez wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 16:24:
Until my kids are grown and moved out and my wife comes to her senses and divorces me I can't see ever using a VR headset no matter how inexpensive and awesome. I just can't be seen wearing something like that without feeling overly self-conscious.

You should see my wife's face when I remove the Rift from my face..

657 Comments. 33 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo