Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JoeNapalm

Real Name JoeNapalm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2008, 01:23
Total Comments 735 (Apprentice)
User ID 54497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 15, 2011, 14:13 JoeNapalm

To be fair, it's not like Sony invented this.

It's fairly standard evil lawyer BS.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots
15. Re: PlanetSide 2 Details and Screenshots Sep 15, 2011, 10:23 JoeNapalm

Drezden wrote on Sep 15, 2011, 07:43:
C22 Konried/Emerald for life, bitches. See you on the battlefield.

Hooyah!

Wait...what faction? *Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Minecraft 1.8 Live
4. Re: Minecraft 1.8 Live Sep 14, 2011, 15:41 JoeNapalm

Halo wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 13:29:
CommunistHamster wrote on Sep 14, 2011, 12:40:
I'm warming up to minecraft again. This branch of development provides a reason for me to play. An objective! Or the beginnings of a system that provides more meaningful objectives than "build some pretty but useless crap"

Sounds like every day life.

Sounds like you need a new job.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles Parasites
5. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - Gratuitous Space Battles Parasites Sep 12, 2011, 15:45 JoeNapalm

Just another buzzword.

I'm sure some suit somewhere wants to know if GSB leverages synergy, before he runs around, waiving his hands in the air and screaming "Botnets! Boooootneeeets!"

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year
5. Re: Syndicate FPS Confirmed for Next year Sep 12, 2011, 10:13 JoeNapalm

What are the chances of this hitting the sweet spot between Deus Ex and Red Storm era Rainbow Six?

*sigh*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement
20. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution The Missing Link Announcement Sep 8, 2011, 15:52 JoeNapalm

Creston wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 15:41:
nin wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 14:40:
Jdrez wrote on Sep 8, 2011, 14:22:
Well shit, that three-day thing was a bit spoilerish for those of us only seven hours into the game.

(and my seven hours is probably everyone else's three since I'm going slow on purpose. Yes, I DID in fact need to stop and gaze at every single sign and billboard on the street. Shut up.)

Think my first playthrough was 32 or 34 hours. Take your time and enjoy it.

I'm pretty sure my 70 hours (minus about 5 hours for two restarts) still reign supreme for the "Holy shit, dude, MOVE YOUR LAZY ASS!" award.

Creston

I took 40.5, being very sneaky and (I thought) thorough. For 70hrs, I'd have to be going for the Pacifist achievement, I think.

Not that I'm not tempted to go back and try to do the whole thing with one hand tied behind my back...

Hey, what exactly does the Deus Ex difficulty do, anyway? Just more bad guys? I hate "Hard" modes that just nerf you and buff the Bad Guys.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
18. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 15:50 JoeNapalm

kanniballl wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 15:05:
Tumbler wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 14:28:

Brilliant. And from a technical side this game is a fantastic cross platform experience. The game plays identical to the console 360 version I started on but I have options to improve the experience in many ways.

I'll be honest, and I'll probably be flamed for this (and/or ignored by people)...

After a couple of hours, when I decided "I'm definitely going full stealth with this"

I decided to plug in my XBox 360 controller *GASP*

Playing stealthily/slowly meant I didn't need twitch reflexes. I could slowly aim for the head with the tranq gun or hit "b" to melee or use the stun-gun.

Everything worked just fine... interactions, talking trees/menus, movement, etc. It was actually a nice experience.

Now, if I play again as a violent rampage... I'll probably go back to Mouse+Keyboard for the twitch and the quicker head shots. But even with the controller, my occasional gun-fights with the bosses went fine. I avoided Typhoon until the last battle-area so my first batch of boss fights were 'nades and shotgun.
-

I understand that you CAN do this...

...I just can't fathom WHY you would.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel
13. Re: Why Deus Ex: Human Revolution is a Prequel Sep 1, 2011, 14:32 JoeNapalm

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 13:29:
Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2011, 12:45:
(and still playing, btw. 50 hours and counting. I think I'll end my first run through at something like 65 hours.)

Creston

Good to read this. With every step I make I'm afraid I'm about to trigger some anticlimactic premature ending right about all of the games of late suffer from. I'm in China now, literally JUST hacked Arie van Bruggen aka Windmill's computer. Hope I'm not too far in....? (not sure if I want an answer to that.. I think I do :P)

I'm having such a blast with this game! Gotta go now though. A birthday. *sigh* Real life...

I hear you - every time I finish up an area, I'm worried I'm heading for the endgame. I'm not ready, yet!

Good news for you - I am quite a bit further than you, and still going. No idea how much further I have, though...like trying to find the edge of a cliff in the dark...

@Ratty - you CAN shoot out security cameras and doors. You can either zap the cameras with a taser (knocks it temporarily offline) or just shoot it (destroys it, but raises the alarm). I haven't taken out any doors, but they DO have a toughness rating when you mouse over them, so I believe they can be broken.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details
18. Re: Possible Deus Ex: Human Revolution DLC Details Aug 31, 2011, 16:47 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on Aug 31, 2011, 16:23:
Haven't finished yet, but I'm close. I've enjoyed it overall and it's a good game, but I wouldn't say it's been great. Some things, that I'm finding hard to pin down atm, are missing that elevate it to that really great game status for me. I think the fact that Jensen's "Batman" voice really bothers the hell out of me is up there. The Boss fights - even though there are only a few, still such a bad choice to implement. I did however find a great way to rock the second boss! Missile launcher and shotgun to the face made short work of her. And I don't find the level design really inspired. It's not bad, just not great. Overall it's been well worth the $34 without a doubt though and I do look forward to the DLC so long as its got some reas substance to it. Funny, and I was just thinking I'd rather wait and see a full on expansion for this than DLC we've been seeing for FONV. Anyway, this buoys my hopes somewhat for Thief 4.

I think, by today's standards, it's epic. Much better than I dared hope.

The "Batman voice" thing bothered me, too, until I remembered that he'd had his throat crushed. Then I chalked it up to that. *Grin*

A lot has been said about the Boss Fights. I'm not done, yet, but the first two Boss Fights, for me, involved having maxed out my Armor (to include EMP immunity) and a couple of well-placed EMP 'nades. Game Over, Good Guy 2, Bad Guys 0.

Is the game perfect? No, of course not. But I find myself really wanting to play it, hoping that it lasts just long enough to end right before I'd get bored.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans
1. Re: Star Wars Galaxies Endgame Plans Aug 31, 2011, 16:42 JoeNapalm

"Strike me down, with all your hatred, and your journey to the Dark Side will be complete..."

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Ads in Violent Games Less Effective?
8. Re: Ads in Violent Games Less Effective? Aug 31, 2011, 15:01 JoeNapalm

I just love stuff like this.

"OMGwherearetheyOMGOMGsoscaredOMGOMGOMG...ooh! Pepsi! *BLAM!* thud."

If anything, you're training people to avoid your product. Some poor guy who sucks at games is going to end up with a brand allergy, like in those Gibson books...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday
15. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 14:46 JoeNapalm

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 14:33:
Star Wars combat is quick and deadly. Pretty much all the weapons are insta-kill from anything closer than a near-miss.

How is standing there, with torrents of blaster bolts flooding through targets, feel like Star Wars?

The tutorial is run by Stormtroopers, who teach you how to properly aim.

yeah yeah, no stormtroopers 3000 years in the past, don't ruin my joke.

Touche'.

And I wouldn't dream of it!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 14:22 JoeNapalm

Darks wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 12:02:
The game won’t fail; the combat is very good and very Star Wars like.

I haven't played it, and you have...

...so I have to ask, how can it feel like Star Wars combat?

Every trailer I have seen has people standing in veritable rivers of blaster fire, from all directions, with no visible effect.

Star Wars combat is quick and deadly. Pretty much all the weapons are insta-kill from anything closer than a near-miss.

How is standing there, with torrents of blaster bolts flooding through targets, feel like Star Wars?

I realize it's an MMO, and there is an accepted formula (no matter how flawed) for how MMO combat works - but I just don't see how it could feel like anything but WoW.

For the record, I hope I am wrong. I love Star Wars. I just don't have a lot of hope for this.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Adding Testers Friday Aug 29, 2011, 10:04 JoeNapalm

I initially was kind of excited about this...I'm a big (Origial Trilogy) Star Wars fan, loved the first KOTOR...

...but the trailers are so very, very WoW. The art style, the static combat, the flurries of blaster fire...

It doesn't feel like Star Wars. It feels like WoW. While I understand, from a financial standpoint, why they would do this...I, personally, have lost interest.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
95. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 29, 2011, 08:53 JoeNapalm

Sepharo wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 22:19:
Beamer wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 22:05:
I actually left the sniper rifle on the ground. Very odd for me, but the tranq gun can snipe, I had more ammo for it, and I'm assuming it takes way too much room in the way too small inventory.

I upgraded my inventory to carry it even though like Jerykk I'm not going to ever use it.

I'm playing the game ridiculously slowly. What do you guys recommend for boss battles for the ghost hacker? I'd prefer just to carry the one weapon + tranq.

I am playing a Stealth Hacker, and I've had zero trouble with the first two bosses...but I think this is because I maxed my armor immediately.

So far, each of the bosses have been heavy augs with no shielding, so EMP 'nades seemed the obvious choice. As I am immune to EMP, I cap pop the pinch, then execute them while they're trying to reboot.

Works like a charm. The first two bosses have taken we two tries each - and only because on the first tries I was trying to conserve EMP grenades.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 16:28 JoeNapalm

Ecthelion wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:30:
Krovven wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 15:02:
nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:56:
I actually watched Blade Runner again last night.

Been thinking of doing the same. BluRay special edition...but which version of the movie to watch?

I have that set too, and I still have yet to see anything besides the Director's Cut and Final Cut. I keep running across people that actually prefer the narration from the other versions, but I haven't been able to bring myself to watch those versions yet. I did watch the 3+ hour documentary on the movie though, which includes clips of the narration (I was not a fan).

I still need to start Deus Ex HR as well. I preordered it from GMG but I am trying to finish up some other games first. Everything I"m hearing has been good though.

I am one of those people. *Grin* (Note the Deckard avatar)

I loved that Jensen's apartment shades are straight out of Deckard's apartment in Bladerunner.

And yes - this is a true Deus Ex game, and is freaking awesome.

Here's hoping this stays the course in future games (unlike DA).

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Retail Includes OnLive
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 23, 2011, 13:51 JoeNapalm

Oh, sure...my whole life I'm trained by the Universe at large to be cynical, for the sole purpose of making me too jaded to pre-order a Deus Ex sequel, and it turns out to be awesome.

I get it. Very funny. Cruel Cosmic jokes are hilarious.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced
7. Re: Carbine's Sci-Fi MMOG WildStar Announced Aug 17, 2011, 11:24 JoeNapalm

MacLeod wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 11:15:
I guess I'm getting too old that it's actually annoying me with all the gratuitous T&A in EVERY game nowadays. I saw sci-fi MMO and my initial reaction was "Cool!", clicked on the first screenshot and saw a girl with short-shorts, low-cut top and bunny ears... *sighs*

Of all the things about this that could annoy me...

...the chick with bunny ears didn't make the list.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > No Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo
13. Re: No PC Assassin's Creed Revelations PC Demo Aug 11, 2011, 09:25 JoeNapalm

yuastnav wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 07:58:
Drezden wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 07:50:
Acleacius wrote on Aug 11, 2011, 05:25:
No idea why anyone bothers with ubisoft games.

Because unfortunately they publish the Tom Clancy games which are the only good IP's they really have.

I'll be very disappointed too when Future Soldier comes out and has some sort of retarded DRM on it.

Too bad the last good Tom Clancy games were released over half a decade ago.

Ubisoft bought the name, but not the ability to make a good R6 game.

Morons turned it into just another shooter.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 9, 2011, 11:26 JoeNapalm

Even if I didn't like Steam...which I do...EA is being very heavy-handed about this.

EA's reputation is well-earned, and for these same tactics. Their tactic, here - however thinly they want to veil it as a business dispute - is that gamers will adopt their service because they HAVE to play BF3 or SWTOR.

While, for some, I suppose they will be right. But I'm not going to be one of them. I want to play BF3, but I DON'T want EA's other crap, and I refuse to be strong-armed.

There are plenty of great games out there that don't try to drag me into some BS corporate marketing scheme...which is all Origin is. Some suit saw that Steam was dominating the Digital Distro market, and made the same misguided decision that so many suits made when they saw the piles of filthy lucre WoW was making.

EA is likely going to learn the wisdom of "If you can't beat 'em, Join 'em" the hard way. Yeah, people will flock to Origin for BF3, but they're going to take it on the chin vs what they would have made just putting it on Steam...and those gamers AREN'T going to suddenly abandon Steam for Origin, they'll play that one game.

I imagine Steam will have BF3, eventually. EA is too greedy to leave money on the table.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

735 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo