Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JoeNapalm

Real Name JoeNapalm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2008, 01:23
Total Comments 737 (Apprentice)
User ID 54497

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Apr 9, 2010, 10:14 JoeNapalm

Hmm. I didn't know 7.62 was out in English.

I'd be willing to pick it up for $9. I actually liked BE5...I mean, it was a mess, gfx and interface wise, but it was the best turn-based tactical game since Silent Storm.

It was actually quite realistic, if you could get past it being hideous. Maybe the most realistic CQB game I've ever seen.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Updated
5. Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited Updated Apr 8, 2010, 16:12 JoeNapalm

Wait - a few months ago this game was "the debil!" and now it's awesome?

This is because my game plate is totally full right now, so you all want me to have something ELSE to play.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Charles Cecil Working on Free, Digital Dr. Who Game(s)
5. Re: Charles Cecil Working on Free, Digital Dr. Who Game(s) Apr 8, 2010, 11:34 JoeNapalm

I'm a massive fan of Doctor Who, but not sure if adventure games (while possibly the most appropriate genre) really hold anything for me, these days.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Mount & Blade Warband Patched
1. Re: Mount & Blade Warband Patched Apr 8, 2010, 09:31 JoeNapalm

I loved Mount & Blade so much I preordered this - and still haven't had time to play it.

I need to figure out how to get paid lots of money to do what I want whenever I want...

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > Bloodlines Revival Project
8. Re: Bloodlines Revival Project Apr 8, 2010, 09:23 JoeNapalm

ATTENTION DEVS AND MARKETING WONKS:

Take a look at this game - it is Homerian in the lessons you could take away from it, both in what makes a game great - and how NOT to release/support it.

Once again, bravo to the community that continues to support this game. I'll look forward to yet another play-through once they finish this.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced
7. Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced Apr 2, 2010, 15:24 JoeNapalm

Seriously, if you ever have had a turn-based die-rolling bone in your body, this game is awesome.

One of my best friends, who is a huge table-top geek, described this as "the most fun he's ever had playing a turn-based game."

I particularly recommend picking it up if you have at least one friend who's into similar games...download BBManager (free) and set up a little private league for bragging rights.

I'm currently hosting the Schadenfreude Cup - a 4 team vs 4 team cross-divisional brawl. We'll probably be playing this one tourney out until this expansion goes gold.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

DISCLAIMER - If you can't stand turn-based games and don't know the singular form of "dice" then don't get this game. If you can't stand watching one of your star players fumble a Go-for-It roll, trip, break his neck, and be maimed or killed to death because Nuffle hates you, then don't get this game. If you don't understand how playing a Goblin team and losing could be more fun than playing some "serious" team and winning, this game probably isn't for you.

News Comments > Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced
3. Re: Blood Bowl: Legendary Edition Announced Apr 2, 2010, 11:27 JoeNapalm

Your mileage may vary, but I get an enormous amount of satisfaction from the swirling stars, red crosses, and floating skulls.

*Grin*

The game's not about gore - it's about tactics.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Mar 25, 2010, 14:14 JoeNapalm

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

And this tool doesn't even back up anything he's saying with anything approximating a fact - he's just spewing his own skewed agenda.

Hell, my PC is more powerful than 99.9% of any computer ever crafted by mankind! (It's not very powerful by today's standards, but it is way faster than my first PC - an IBM PC running an 8088 - or even that laptop I bought in '95 that's still in my closet somewhere.)

What an arschgeige.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

[EDIT] PS - The world will be a better place when they realize that the PC and the consoles are different markets. If all the current crop of "big" game companies want to migrate, screw 'em. We can rebuild them...we have the technology. I welcome the Indy devs rising up to fill the vacuum.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2010, 14:36.

News Comments > Bourne Game Killed?
20. Re: Bourne Game Killed? Mar 25, 2010, 10:03 JoeNapalm

Bill Borre wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 20:00:
Yeah, I'm not quite sure why that game gets so much love here. I finished the game, but I thought it was extremely hard and often quite frustrating.

A hard game is not necessarily a bad game. XCOM wasn't easy, nor the original Wizardry, JA, etc...heck, ZORK had me grinding my teeth upon occasion...

I don't recall Syndicate being exceptionally difficult - I think the last time I played through it was 2004 - though, at the risk of sounding like a grumpy old gamer, most games these days aren't designed to be very challenging...rat pushes button, rat gets pellet, rat pushes more buttons for more pellets, repeat.

I do remember there being a command to tell your cyborgs to basically unload everything they had on anything that moves...when the #$%^ hit the fan, and stealth was no longer an option - the miniguns opened up, there was a LOT of carnage.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Master Server Status
3. Re: Bad Company 2 Master Server Status Mar 25, 2010, 09:06 JoeNapalm

I was very annoyed by the "no prone thing"...still am...but it's not REALLY a game breaker.

I mean, seriously, it's just stupid...but the game is still fun.

I just hope it doesn't set a trend. It's a stupid and lazy solution to their problem (they CLAIM it's not in because it makes it easier to exploit, but I think it's really more about the number of buttons on a gamepad).

If it's really just about dolphin diving, then they are the laziest freakin' coders on the planet...then again, they never DID fix that red tag bug...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Game Reviews
8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 14:57 JoeNapalm

J wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 14:20:
I must admit I like the sound of what I have heard about JC2 (not to be confused with the second coming of Jesus), the only negative in my book is the fact I have XP and that it requires a newer OS. Perhaps this will be my first incentive to upgrade. It's still going to be a while though before I can afford to renew my system.

Wait...what? This isn't an XP-compatible game?

Aw, man!

See, this is the kind of thing that's going to cost me...cause I'll start with "Cool, finally a reason to upgrade to Win7" and end up with "But, honey, I need to spend $7000 on upgrading SkyNet!"

Slippery slope, my friends...a slippery slope.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Mar 24, 2010, 15:13.

News Comments > Bourne Game Killed?
3. Re: Bourne Game Killed? Mar 24, 2010, 12:26 JoeNapalm

Remake of Syndicate?

Oh please...oh please...oh please...let it be as good as the original.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access
7. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 24, 2010, 12:20 JoeNapalm

Ant wrote on Mar 24, 2010, 11:24:
Bah, not buying to get into beta.

As a rule, I don't believe in pre-ordering...and, in recent years, I've decided that I don't have time to do the beta thing (if I'm going to test code, I'm getting paid, by Dog!).

But Mount & Blade is a bit different - it started as a one-man dev team that actually sold pre-orders of the original game at a discounted price to help fund development. Now, if EA or Ubi or Activision tried that, I'd tell them to go jump in a lake...but this is one guy trying to scratch together enough to buy enough ramen noodles to keep from starving long enough to get his game done.

I think the team is up to three or four people now, but I've been really impressed with Taleworlds as an Indy developer. I pre-ordered on Steam as soon as I noticed it was available, beta or no.

(I still don't have time to screw around with testing, but we need to support good Indy devs if we want PC gaming to evolve away from microtransactions for incremental content and half-assed ports.)

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 12:11 JoeNapalm

Just Cause 2 just sounds fun. I got the first one during the Steam sale to check it out on the cheap.

I haven't seen a good campy game since NOLF. Kids these days think "camp" is a bad word involving snipers. GET OFF MY LAWN!

Anyway.

The gameSlave review of STO is the most balanced I've seen so far. Obviously this guy actually played the game beyond the tutorial. His criticisms are fair, as are his observations about what they did right (a smooth MMO launch deserves some kudos, as does the effort they're putting into improving the game).

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2010, 10:19 JoeNapalm

LittleMe wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 16:09:
You'll need to make a decision eventually.

Yes, but the entire point of reviews is...they're supposed to provide some useful insight.

Like Ray. Thanks, Ray.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access
5. Re: Mount & Blade: Warband Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 24, 2010, 09:09 JoeNapalm

Caveman wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 22:58:
Mount and Blade is one of the worst games ever...I actually feel ashamed I paid $30 for this piece of crap.

Gotta disagree.

Mount & Blade is an incredible indy game - for what it is.

I mean, if you expected an RPG, you'd be sorely disappointed...but for a medieval combat sim, it's fantastic.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Spy Hunter Movie Writer Hired
4. Re: Spy Hunter Movie Writer Hired Mar 23, 2010, 15:52 JoeNapalm

You have the IP rights to a classic 80s arcade game, so you decide the best way to capitalize on this is...

...to make a movie.

*shakes head*

I don't get it. Why not - I don't know - MAKE A GAME?!

It just might be crazy enough to work.

Think about it - GTAIV meets GRiD/DiRT/Blur...with miniguns.

But, no...they'll make a crappy movie starring Freddie Prinz Jr and Carrot-Top.

*wanders off muttering profanities*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 23, 2010, 15:42 JoeNapalm

Metro 2033's A.I. is terribly stupid and there's not enough variety in the weapons; yet despite all that it's still a compelling game to play.

All of the reviews of this game read like this.

How does that help me decide whether the game is worth my time/money?

I can condense every review I've read, so far, into a single sentence:

"This game is awful...but great!"

WTF, over?

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
3. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Mar 23, 2010, 15:36 JoeNapalm

Acleacius wrote on Mar 23, 2010, 15:28:
Isn't this game fixed yet, can't Blizzard get this right after 5 years?

Yeeeah.

The amount of money they've made with this game dwarfs the GNP of most of the globe, and can only be expressed using complex equations (involving sixth-dimensional numbers).

If that ain't "getting it right", you might want to rethink your perspective.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
13. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 23, 2010, 15:11 JoeNapalm

I don't get it.

I don't dislike the game...I just couldn't get into it.

Many people have told me that it gets great like 10 hours in...but why would I play that long if I'm not having fun?

I'll probably reinstall (a fourth time) to give it another try - but I don't know when. Too many games I enjoy already on the HD right now.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

737 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo