Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JoeNapalm

Real Name JoeNapalm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2008, 01:23
Total Comments 740 (Apprentice)
User ID 54497

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Saints Row 3 in Autumn
4. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:43 JoeNapalm

For some reason, the first one made me terribly motion sick.

I generally have the titanium stomach of a TIE fighter pilot, so I'm not sure what caused it...never had that problem with GTA.

Never tried the second one.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 3, 2011, 10:13 JoeNapalm

Earlier this week, Treyarch's Community, Josh Olin, was quoted in an interview as saying gamers are taking the industry in a bad direction, as they seem to get angry, and complain about everything, even when a developer tries to make something new, and innovative.

Oh, I see. It's gamers that are taking the industry in bad direction...

It's not tearing out features that gamers have taken for granted for years while simultaneously jacking up the price of your games, or developing everything for the lowest console denominator to maximize your install base at the expense of good, quality games that is damaging the industry - it's the troublesome customer who is to blame!

Amazing. You'd think that people would not just eat your shit sandwiches, but they'd have the courtesy to thank you for the privilege of forking over more of their hard-earned money for less.

Lemme give you a bit of advice, there, Olin - if everyone thinks you're an asshole? You probably are.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > JA2: Reloaded Renamed Jagged Alliance: Back in Action
10. Re: JA2: Reloaded Renamed Jagged Alliance: Back in Action Feb 3, 2011, 09:36 JoeNapalm

Jerykk wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 00:38:
Yup, it's not going to be turn-based. In addition, you won't need to have line of sight in order to see enemies. It's starting to sound more like Commandos than Jagged Alliance, which isn't necessarily a bad thing if you enjoy Commandos. However, those who prefer turn-based tactical strategy will no doubt be disappointed.

If Babelfish is to be trusted (my German language skills aren't what they once were) then it's using something called "Plan & Go"...

...Hopefully, that means something along the lines of the system used by Brigade E5, which wasn't so much turn-based as time-per-action based. While BE5 was a train wreck, it had the most realistic firefight system I've ever seen...

That said, I have no hope that a decent successor to JA2 will ever be released under the name Jagged Alliance. SirTech is dead.

I'd be happy with a new Silent Sentinels, even.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo This Month
28. Re: Dragon Age II Demo This Month Feb 2, 2011, 14:52 JoeNapalm

Jerykk wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 12:16:
Indeed. As long as they don't go backwards or dumb down the game any more than the first, I'll be happy.

I take it you haven't actually read anything about DA2 yet..?

Shhh, dude! We were going to wait to tell him.

He's still really upset over the whole "Santa" thing...

Plus, he's beginning to suspect those aren't the same goldfish.

We were hoping to cushion the blow...maybe take him out for ice cream.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Gold - Bulletstorm
29. Re: Gold - Bulletstorm Feb 2, 2011, 09:31 JoeNapalm

DokterBeefcake wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 07:40:
I fully endorse PHJF's views on the state of mass-market gaming.

Herr Dokter, I must say that you have true gift for the laconic.

*salute*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 28, 2011, 16:42 JoeNapalm

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Jan 28, 2011, 15:23:
Well. Sucks to be a prisoner. Maybe if they want to continue playing
D&D as free men maybe they should follow one small piece of advice:

QUIT BREAKING THE FREAKIN LAW MORONS!!!!

That is all.

Seconded.

I mean, if any of my extensive and uber-geeky D&D experience is relevant, we seemed to spend an inordinate proportion of each session planning how to break out of various prisons...complete with maps and pages and pages of notes.

Seems to me that is an activity that you'd want to discourage in real prisoners...

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > APB Beta Resumes Next Month?
4. Re: APB Beta Resumes Next Month? Jan 28, 2011, 09:11 JoeNapalm

I can't help but wonder, out of all the people who seem to hate this game...how many have actually played it?

I mean, yes - it was fatally flawed. And yes, it failed spectacularly.

But if they'd had enough of a clue to launch it as F2P, like it will be now, I think it would have done alright. It was more fun that a lot of games that have sold spectacularly (and just had a less insane profit model).

-Jn-
Ifirit Sophist

News Comments > Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A
12. Re: Shogun 2: Total War Trailer, Q&A Jan 27, 2011, 17:20 JoeNapalm

I loved the original Shogun. Rome is probably in my Top 25 favorite games of all time (and that's a high honor, in my book, as I have pretty much played video games since their infancy (and mine)).

If they don't really screw the pooch, this is almost definite buy.

That said, I will wait for reviews - don't trust anyone, these days, when it comes to previews.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: 88%? DC Universe Online.... Jan 27, 2011, 17:10 JoeNapalm

JohnBirshire wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 12:24:
It's like Diablo on crack.

Holy mouse clicks, Birshman!

That's a lot of clicking.

Tempted. But a PS3-capable MMO makes me wary...very wary.

Don't suppose there's a free trial? [insert hysterical laughter]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > APB Beta Resuming
4. Re: APB Beta Resuming Jan 27, 2011, 11:36 JoeNapalm

|oR|jonvall wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 10:45:
I signed up...haven't heard a word from them!

I got a Closed Beta sign-up email from them last night.

From their blog, I think they've got a fair bead on many of the things that killed this game the first time around...cheaters, payment model, lack of support/updates...etc...etc...

Somewhere in there, there is the core of a fun game. Maybe not a great game, but a fun one. For free-to-play, here's hoping they can salvage it.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > The Old Republic in September?
19. Re: The Old Republic in September? Jan 27, 2011, 09:53 JoeNapalm

Zadig wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 18:43:
Sword fights will look like actual sword fights, with parries and dodges that synch up believeably. Rather than two characters standing nearby and going through independent attack animations.

...?

You must have watched some trailers that I haven't seen, because the footage I saw was of Jedi and Bounty Hunters in "combat"...lightsabers flailing around in the hands of blind men, and jet packed Bounty Hunters using their incredible mobility to...hover.

[EDIT: Just to be clear, there ARE scenes in the trailers that show realistic/choreographed lightsaber combat - but those appear to be in-game cut-scenes of training and such. The blips of actual game combat I've scene look very WoW-like in their asynchronous animations.]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Jan 27, 2011, 11:51.

News Comments > Dungeon Empires Announced
6. Re: Dungeon Empires Announced Jan 27, 2011, 09:37 JoeNapalm

Grounded wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 01:34:
Fuck Facebook games and fuck browser games

Don't hold back, man. Tell us how you really feel!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Dead Space 2 DLC Dead 2 PC
27. Re: Wait when it's on sale on Steam Jan 27, 2011, 09:35 JoeNapalm

Xoxotl wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 23:10:
Considering they're charging $59.99 for it, I held off on getting it. Now I'm glad I did.

I'll wait until it's on sale on Steam for $7.50.

Just did that for the first one. Was going to get it for the PS3, but Steam sale was too good to pass up.

For single player games, anymore, I generally wait for the price to drop...it's getting ridiculous.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
7. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 25, 2011, 15:39 JoeNapalm

Am I the only one who sees the "kill switch" as the same thing as me going home and packing all my valuables into a wheeled suitcase and putting it by the front door to protect myself from burglars?

Rather than a bunch of independent, potentially vulnerable sites, we'd have one big red button with half the hackers on the planet wondering what happens if they push it...

...next thing you know, Justin Long is crying over "Fire Sales" and I'm killing a helicopter with a police car and getting my ass kicked by Maggie Q.

On second thought, I might be on board with this plan. *Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Patch
2. Re: Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator Patch Jan 25, 2011, 12:33 JoeNapalm

I wonder if this is doable over Vent?

EDIT: It is, according to the faq!

Q: Why can't my crew play over the internet, using some voice chat software?

A: I always wanted the players to be in one room together, just like a spaceship bridge. I want the captain to be able to push the helmsman aside and shout "Full power, DAMN you!!!"
BUT, as a veteran game developer, I recognize that players play my game the way THEY like, not the way I like. V1.1 has optimized network code, and a server option that lets you adjust the network update speed, so you should be able to play across the internet just fine.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Dragon Age II Unlocks in Dragon Age Legends
5. Re: Dragon Age II Unlocks in Dragon Age Legends Jan 25, 2011, 12:00 JoeNapalm

Verno wrote on Jan 25, 2011, 10:50:
Do you think they would pass up a chance to sell some overpowered items for ridiculous prices? This is the company who put an NPC into the game who broke the 4th wall to ask for a CC in the middle of dialogue.

See, now when you put it that way, it just sounds...

...yeah, there's no way to make that sound good.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Dungeons Website
5. Re: Dungeons Website Jan 24, 2011, 12:31 JoeNapalm

Zadig wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 12:07:
Copying the style is one thing, but "fun" relies on the gameplay which Evil Genius got very wrong. I'd be afraid to get this without a demo or many positive comments (on RPS or Blues).

I enjoyed the base-building elements of Evil Genius immensely...but I would agree that the minion mission map structure was tedious, at best.

If this reviews well, or (*gasp!*) had a demo, I'd be interested in adding it to my lengthy queue of games I'll eventually get around to playing.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed
7. Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Jan 24, 2011, 12:26 JoeNapalm

Jerykk wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 12:22:
1) Raise the difficulty to Very Hard.
2) Play on Hardcore mode.
3) Download mods that make the game harder.

I did all three. Makes for a much more challenging and interesting experience.

I...probably should have thought of that.

*Grin*

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed
5. Re: More Fallout: New Vegas DLC Confirmed Jan 24, 2011, 12:20 JoeNapalm

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 10:44:
Dead Money was utter tripe so the lack of it on the PC ended up saving me money. I think my post-release FO:NV lovefest I probably would have just bought it without thinking. Anyway still enjoying another Vegas playthrough but I hope they get their act together on the DLC.

I must be ADD, or something. I got about 2/3rds of the way through this back when it was released, and just haven't felt the urge to play it, since.

Maybe it's due to my own actions - I raided an irradiated Vault fairly early into my gameplay, and have been armed to the teeth ever since. Maybe I made it too easy on myself?

Or maybe it's because I'm trying to play a hero, but I don't really LIKE any of the factions, so I'd just as soon shoot everyone and let the coyotes sort 'em out...

*sigh*

Or...it could be that I had my fill of FO3, even though I liked the first one.

I dunno, I refuse to feel guilty - plenty of games still DEMAND my attention, so I can't be bothered with those that I merely feel like I SHOULD play.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > DC Universe Online SOE's "Fastest Selling Game Ever"
2. Re: DC Universe Online SOE's Jan 24, 2011, 10:29 JoeNapalm

kxmode wrote on Jan 24, 2011, 10:22:
Ummm... I think Blizzard would like to have a few words with you.

I think he's trying to say it's SONY's fastest selling game.

That said, it's John Smedley. No one listens to him, anyway.

John? If you're reading this? Go work on Planetside 2, and don't screw it up.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

740 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo