Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JoeNapalm

Real Name JoeNapalm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2008, 01:23
Total Comments 738 (Apprentice)
User ID 54497

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age II Demo Promotion
14. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Promotion Feb 18, 2011, 16:16 JoeNapalm

shul wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 15:34:
what is it with all of the negativity? so it's not as complicated as the first one, boo hoo.

If you don't like to play it simply go on , your whining is driving me crazy.

How can it be driving you crazy when you obviously haven't even read this thread?

The complaints, here, have been:
1) the increasingly annoying used-car-salesman inspired PR campaign,
2) the continuing trend toward carving out game content and then trying to sell it back to the customer piecemeal,
3) in a cop's apartment.

If you want to complain about people's complaining, at least be relevant.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: BOOM HERE COMES THE BOOM HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW Feb 18, 2011, 13:33 JoeNapalm

Icewind wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 12:43:
Thankfully, there are better RPGs on the way such as:

This: http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

This: http://www.deadstate.doublebearproductions.com/faq/

And even this: http://pathofexile.com/

Thanks for the links - those look interesting.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
17. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 12:03 JoeNapalm

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 11:56:
They should do it for consoles, why the hell not? That kind of gameplay is just fine with a pad, as many, many console games can prove.

The key is to make the PC version a good PC game. I don't care if every video game on the planet is on consoles, I just want quality PC versions of them. Does anyone here doubt Blizzard knows how to make a quality PC game? Come on...

Do you think that concessions will not be made that are detrimental to the PC game in order to increase sales for the console version?

Please.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Feb 18, 2011, 11:34 JoeNapalm

Best show ever.

I can't see it coming back, now, though.

Too much time has passed, and the movie tied up too many loose ends.

[**SPOILERS:
The characters they off in the movie weren't pointless - they were killed to convince the audience that maybe Joss really would kill off everyone. Really, a pretty vicious and effective technique, when you know you're writing the final chapter.]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

PS - "Into the Black" has always sounded like a Firefly episode to me.

1. Re: Dragon Age II Demo Promotion Feb 18, 2011, 11:15 JoeNapalm

Everything they do to promote this game reduces my enthusiasm for it.

Or, in terms that the wonks might just grok:

Marketing - you're doing it wrong.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Adds Speaker Series, Loses MS & NVIDIA?
5. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Adds Speaker Series, Loses MS & NVIDIA? Feb 18, 2011, 11:12 JoeNapalm

Mr. Anisotonic wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 11:08:
By now I really wonder why this... organization?, still exists, they have never done anything noteworthy, nor received any support from the pc gaming community... on the contrary, we demand they they kick out Epic from the group because it makes the whole thing seem like no less than a joke.

I think the answer to your question is obvious - this group exists to create the illusion of support for PC gaming while serving as a platform to do the exact opposite.

Doublespeak is the way of things, these days.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > EA Departures
6. Re: EA Departures Feb 16, 2011, 17:07 JoeNapalm

Kajetan wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 16:37:
w34sl3 wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 12:21:
This story sounds like the same regurgitated speach we hear from EA every so many years. "Oh we really dropped the ball, but we are going to do much better now." Yeah ok, if that was really the case then they wouldn't have a continual track record of the same failing practices.
Yes, they sound like Peter Molyneux: "Uuh, my last game was sooo bad, but this one will be good! Really, i mean it this time!".

Funny you should say that...Molyneux left Bullfrog when they got bought by EA.

I forgive that man many sins, for he brought us Syndicate.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2011, 16:58 JoeNapalm

Dino BBQ!

Maaaan...now I'm hungry.

My folks were so happy to find that they could get Dinosaur BBQ sauce online that they had to call me to enthuse.

Say "Hi" to Upstate for me. Brrr!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Feb 16, 2011, 16:55 JoeNapalm

PHJF wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 14:49:
I know one director who would be willing to fund and direct it...

*shudder*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris Hotfix
1. Re: Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris Hotfix Feb 16, 2011, 13:41 JoeNapalm

Klingon Academy Modern Systems Patch
KlingonAcademy.com now offers a pair of community-created patches for Star Trek: Klingon Academy to allow the game to be played on modern systems. Word is: "The first fix corrects a fault that could cause the game to crash on modern multi-core systems and the second is a DirectX wrapper that corrects a number of rendering issues with the game." Thanks Jack.

Looks like a separate news item, Blue?

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > New LucasArts Creative Director
5. Re: New LucasArts Creative Director Feb 16, 2011, 11:23 JoeNapalm

Shok wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 10:34:
Or an Outlaws fan! RDR shows a western can make money...

Wildone wrote:
X-Wing Combat Flight Sim please, not consolized 3rd person B.S. either.

Ta!

I strongly endorse of both of these comments.

Cheers!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Fallen Earth Plans
2. Re: Fallen Earth Plans Feb 5, 2011, 12:29 JoeNapalm

Fibrocyte wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 21:20:
Interesting to see this game is still around. When I tried the beta is was horrible. I wonder if its any good and if they consider it successful or barely surviving.

I played it for awhile, a few months back - actually a fairly big departure from the whole WoW model. Was a lot of fun, in some ways...for instance, I was all over the crafting system, and normally I could do without that kind of thing.

But apparently it was not enough to keep my interest.

Not that you should take that as an indictment...I rarely play MMOs, and when I do, lately, I seem to play the Hell out of them for a month or two then loose interest in the hamster wheel.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Bulletstorm Trailer
9. Re: Bulletstorm Trailer Feb 4, 2011, 16:14 JoeNapalm

DokterBeefcake wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 12:02:
I have to steer bullets now? This is getting to be some hard work. I better find another job.

Yes, you apparently have to steer REALLY SLOW bullets...

That guy dodges like ten feet in the time that round takes to travel maybe 50 yards.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
16. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 11:15 JoeNapalm

Rattlehead wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 10:54:
Prone? Bleh, I'm one of the few who despised that dolphin diving BS. Oh well.

Cutting out prone to cure dolphin diving is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Bunny hopping and dolphin diving are the result of a shoddy design...not of having freedom of movement. A good design would make your accuracy go totally wonky if you tried that crap...take a gun out to the range and try dolphin diving and bunny hopping, and a few things are guaranteed to happen:

1. You will totally miss anything you try to hit, no matter how many cases of ammo you burn through.

2. Your rounds will, therefore, hit things you did not intend to shoot...dirt, other targets, birds, more dirt, trees, your friends, the sky, and likely yourself.

3. You will get thrown off the range by the range master. He may or may not beat you savagely about your head, neck, and shoulders with your own weapon before, during, and/or following said ejection.

Blaming prone for dolphin diving is like blaming the ability to name your avatar for the red tag bug.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

This comment was edited on Feb 4, 2011, 11:21.

News Comments > 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall
11. Re: 64-Player Battlefield 3 This Fall Feb 4, 2011, 10:48 JoeNapalm

A "true successor" that supports gamepads, eh?

The fact that this has been designed with consoles in mind doesn't bode well - but BF2BC2 wasn't awful, so I'll maintain a thin veil of jaded optimism.

[EDIT: Wait...prone?...oh...oh my.]

[[And before you console crusaders start jumping on me for being "too negative" keep in mind that we're excited over the hint of being able to go bloody prone...something that I could do in the original Rainbow 6 back in 1998.]]

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Evening Previews
6. Re: Evening Previews Feb 4, 2011, 10:22 JoeNapalm

DokterBeefcake wrote on Feb 4, 2011, 07:44:
"Sarif Corporation's president David Sarif was killed in a bloody raid today. The board of directors have announced plans to change the company's name to Sans-Sarif Corporation."

Don't do that when I'm drinking coffee!

That stuff burns when it comes out your nose, you know.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

PS - Is it too much to ask that both of these games not suck? Is it?!

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer
25. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Feb 4, 2011, 09:07 JoeNapalm

Tumbler wrote on Feb 3, 2011, 17:41:
I wish games would have an auto play mode. When I was playing dead space 2 there was a point in the game where I wanted to keep seeing the story unfold but I just want to take a break from playing and I really wanted to put the game on auto and just watch it play.

Watching this trailer kind of makes me feel the same way, I keep trying to imagine how this will fit into gameplay and in the end I don't think I care, I'd rather just watch the story unfold if it's going to look that good.

How about having an auto play mode, would be similar to watching a friend play the game, just get to watch the story and appreciate all the detail in the game rather than making sure you've lined up your headshot correctly 1000 times.

...anyone else want to see something like this?

Just buy a console.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer
2. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Trailer Feb 3, 2011, 15:47 JoeNapalm

Actiopion?

I think you made that up.

*Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Saints Row 3 in Autumn
4. Re: Saints Row 3 in Autumn Feb 3, 2011, 10:43 JoeNapalm

For some reason, the first one made me terribly motion sick.

I generally have the titanium stomach of a TIE fighter pilot, so I'm not sure what caused it...never had that problem with GTA.

Never tried the second one.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Feb 3, 2011, 10:13 JoeNapalm

Earlier this week, Treyarch's Community, Josh Olin, was quoted in an interview as saying gamers are taking the industry in a bad direction, as they seem to get angry, and complain about everything, even when a developer tries to make something new, and innovative.

Oh, I see. It's gamers that are taking the industry in bad direction...

It's not tearing out features that gamers have taken for granted for years while simultaneously jacking up the price of your games, or developing everything for the lowest console denominator to maximize your install base at the expense of good, quality games that is damaging the industry - it's the troublesome customer who is to blame!

Amazing. You'd think that people would not just eat your shit sandwiches, but they'd have the courtesy to thank you for the privilege of forking over more of their hard-earned money for less.

Lemme give you a bit of advice, there, Olin - if everyone thinks you're an asshole? You probably are.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

738 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo