Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JoeNapalm

Real Name JoeNapalm   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Nov 1, 2008, 01:23
Total Comments 737 (Apprentice)
User ID 54497

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PAYDAY: The Heist Announced
2. Re: PAYDAY: The Heist Announced Jun 6, 2011, 10:57 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 10:41:
Well the graphics look downright horrible, but if the gameplay can achieve that sort of Heat like intensity it might be worth looking at. That means planning and pre-work, if it's just busting in like the wild west, guns blazing, than forget it.

You mean like Rainbow Six? Oh...wait...nevermind.

*Sigh*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 2, 2011, 16:16 JoeNapalm

Krovven wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 14:39:

Tried the Wizardry demo quickly before heading to bed...was very unimpressed.

Wait...what? WIZARDRY?!

Ah, but I shouldn't get too excited...the last Wizardry game I truly enjoyed was the first one.

(Yes, I'm old. Bite me.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Star Wars Games "Our Priority" - LucasArts
16. Re: Star Wars Games Jun 2, 2011, 16:08 JoeNapalm

El Pit wrote on Jun 2, 2011, 15:53:
Nowadays, when Lucasanything writes "Star Wars", they actually mean "Clone Wars".

The truth of this statement just killed a little piece of my soul.

Thanks, dude. Sigh

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jun 1, 2011, 11:46 JoeNapalm

I think he just described the movie They Live.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch
1. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword Patch May 9, 2011, 14:42 JoeNapalm

I found that F&S was even more unforgiving than M&B when you first start.

I strongly recommend getting one of the debt collection missions (either kind, lord or town, whichever you can get) and ripping off the quest giver once the debt is collected. The time limit is for collecting the debt, NOT returning the money to the proper lord - so you can spend it all on weapons and armor, then avoid the quest giver until you can pay them back.

Also, go find heroes. Your troops are going to get mowed down by musket fire at an exceedingly alarming rate. Gather up as many immortals as can stand one another, and try to make sure one of them is handy with bandages.

Several missions in, I finally got my hands on some REAL armor, and it made a world of difference...now I can survive the occasional stray shot pinging off my breastplate, vs punching through my breastbone. That "Three Musketeers" look might be dandy with the ladies, but it's still cloth-other-than-Kevlar to bullets.

(That said, I can't bring myself to give up my jaunty hat - probably going to pay for that, later.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day May 4, 2011, 14:11 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2011, 12:54:
Yeah and with bandwith caps arriving and obviously going down as the corps can get away with it to squeeze the consumer as much as possible going digital is certainly not the way forward.

Yeah - I try to stay away from politics, here (I come here for the things that I use to tune that shit out) but damn...the FCC really needs to get a spine.

Mark my words, data caps are @#$%ing bad, bad news.

Way to stifle the digital infrastructure, you greedy gits.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Open Source Beyond Protocol and Star Alliances
3. Re: Open Source Beyond Protocol and Star Alliances May 4, 2011, 13:52 JoeNapalm

Dev wrote on May 4, 2011, 11:31:
What kinda games are they?

Open source.

Bah-dun bump KRISH!

(But seriously, MMORTSs apparently.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Of Orcs and Men
2. Re: Of Orcs and Men May 4, 2011, 13:22 JoeNapalm

Cutter wrote on May 4, 2011, 12:51:
Ok, I've been waiting for someone to make this game for over 20 years now. I hope it's co-op with your goblin pal. Love the art style, looks great. Please give this at least a little more depth than a console hack and slash.

Yeah, I love the concept...harkens back to playing Half-Orcs in PnP D&D...but what I really think we all want to know is -

"Does something Awesome happen if I press A?"

*Grin*

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Specs
6. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Specs May 4, 2011, 12:56 JoeNapalm

They forgot to add that the minimum PC specs require diminished expectations.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and Demo Released
7. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and Demo Released May 4, 2011, 12:33 JoeNapalm

All of that aside, it appears there's some serious blowback from TaleWorlds fans over features that have been removed from F&S that were in Warband.

Wasn't aware of that - if so, will be very disappointed.

And confused.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Evening Previews May 4, 2011, 10:42 JoeNapalm

Wait...what...wait! Turn-based isometric tactical zombie WHAT?!

JA-Z?!?!

How?! WHEN?!

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

6. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and Demo Released May 4, 2011, 09:44 JoeNapalm

eRe4s3r wrote on May 4, 2011, 05:02:
The original game, as in singular, was worthy of support. Warband for the MP, thats it.

But lets get one thing straight (Flame protections shields up)

The mess that is the campaign and quest system hasn't be fundamentally changed since the first native release of MB, its still the same god awful map system, god awful travel system, god awful food supply system. Now you might say i am just grumpy or bashing it baseless, but heres why i think that

1) Travel has no Fast-Forward function and quests LOVE to send you over the whole length of the map, not fun.
2) Because Quest Enemies (And friends ~.~) move, you can actually entirely miss them even with a military style grid-search, not fun.
3) Buying food is good, heck food quality that affects moral is awesome, but buying 20 different foods (which all drain at the same time) is not. (And fire and sword added illness to that, as if it was not difficult enough to have a large (200+) troop)
4) The pathfinding on the map still majorly sucks, and sometimes is completely bugged (notice they removed mountains... LOL)
5) Rivers and Bridges still look like they stole the models from a free-model site, and many rivers have UV and texture errors (and flickering edges) in fact the overview map is not getting prettier imo, to native MB it actually got uglier again (or maybe i was spoiled by the tons of mods)
6) Going slower at night and in forests is awesome.... at normal game speed... not

And addendum
7) Combat pathfinding sucks as well, enemies still get hung up on trees, fences, 2inch high stones, and other horses (urgh).
8) Sieges still have no dynamic events

Not gonna flame - as indy games, the M&B series falls solidly in the category of "your mileage may vary". I like them, but I'm always surprised by how many OTHER people also enjoy them.

That said:

1. Like was said, Ctrl-Space. Also, increase your Pathfinding skill and more horses and your army will move very very quickly.
2. Increase your scout skills, thereby improving your spot distace.
3. Increase your inventory management, and just buy stuff that doesn't spoil. (Haven't encountered illness yet, though)
4. Meh, never had too many problems with it - even with mountains. As for mountains being removed, look at a map of near Kiev and find me some mountains.
5. Subjective - to each their own. I kind of like the new map texture.
6. Go ride a horse through the woods at night without slowing down. Oh, and can I have your watch when you are dead?
7. Meh, never noticed anything too outrageous.
8. True, but deformable terrain is kind of a big deal for such a small team for something that doesn't really add all that much.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Open Beta This Month
10. Re: APB-Reloaded Open Beta This Month May 4, 2011, 09:25 JoeNapalm

Sounds like a laundry list of the stuff they were gonna fix.

That's a shame, really, if they haven't.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > DiRT 3 Superteams Pack Trailer
2. Re: DiRT 3 Superteams Pack Trailer May 4, 2011, 09:03 JoeNapalm

I don't even LIKE racing games, and I loved DiRT2.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews May 3, 2011, 16:26 JoeNapalm

Ars should have had Heroin write that review.

*Grin*

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

News Comments > Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed
25. Re: Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed May 3, 2011, 16:22 JoeNapalm

Well, the Legion was kind of a different story.

The annoyed me what with the whole "putting people up on poles to die" thing, and I'm afraid I kind of stuffed a 'nade down that warband leader's pie-hole.

They didn't like me very much, after that.

*Grin*

Damn it! You're going to make me reinstall.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed
21. Re: Three Fallout: New Vegas DLC Packs Detailed May 3, 2011, 15:25 JoeNapalm

I think my problem with FO:NV was that they did too good a job with the moral ambiguity. I honestly didn't give a crap about ANY of the factions - as far as I was concerned, they were all assholes.

I guess I could have just gone into business for myself - kudos for having that be an option - but I sort of lost interest because I didn't really CARE about anything in the game.

(That, and I stumbled onto one helluva weapons cache fairly early on, and from that point forward was a one man army. Didn't really feel like post-apocalyptic survival when I was the biggest badass on the planet.)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Specs
7. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Specs May 3, 2011, 15:21 JoeNapalm

"I know! Lets release some minimum specs! *chortle chortle chortle!* We can say they need rainbows and unicorns to play!"

"Nah, keep them low - maybe someone out there still thinks we've actually been working on a game this whole time!"

"You think?! No way!"

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

News Comments > APB-Reloaded Open Beta This Month
3. Re: APB-Reloaded Open Beta This Month May 3, 2011, 14:53 JoeNapalm

DangerDog wrote on May 3, 2011, 14:43:
Never played it but the garbage truck griefing video on youtube is rather funny, of course for those being griefed I imagine they're not laughing.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/59871/Heres-How-People-Grief-In-APB

I'm not going to say I never witnessed idiots in big trucks trying to be a pain in the ass...but when I did see it, generally it came down to one of a few scenarios:

- The trucks are big and slow, and the griefers couldn't drive well enough to be a real problem, or,

- Changing instances was pretty quick and easy (sadly, you had to be willing to do so at the drop of a hat because of clans of known hax0rs, anyway).

The video makes it seem like it would be hard to avoid, but those are cuts of when they've had a long straight run to get up to speed and manage to hit square on vs someone who's already engaged in a firefight or otherwise damaged and/or distracted. In most of these scenarios, you'd be past the dork in the truck so fast they'd still be trying to turn around when you were completing the NEXT mission.

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

1. Re: Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword and Demo Released May 3, 2011, 14:44 JoeNapalm

I almost never, ever, pre-order.

This game is the "almost"...

(Now, I just need to find time to play!)

-Jn-
Ifriti Sophist

737 Comments. 37 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo