Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Carl

Real Name Carl   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname gsilver
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 18, 2008, 23:18
Total Comments 95 (Suspect)
User ID 54461

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher III Exp Bug
4. Re: The Witcher III Exp Bug May 28, 2015, 10:59 gsilver

I've been way under-leveled in the game so far. Yeah, I've been able to pull through, but I'm level 4, and a lot of what I'm encountering is level 9.

I'm having to kite most encounters at this point.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
26. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 12, 2015, 08:19 gsilver

Slashman wrote on Apr 11, 2015, 23:52:
Retrovirus is a very good 6Dof shooter with a single player campaign. How come no one mentions that?

I'm also a fan of Retrovirus. The game deserves a lot more praise than it gets.

NeonXSZ is also an impressive 6-DOF game. The dev is still calling it "early access" but he's been in end-game content for quite a while, with the main game practically done.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Apr 9, 2015, 19:47 gsilver

I learned years ago to never live downstairs, after living in an apartment where the floor creaked at over 65 decibels.

I just got a big house with the intention of renting out the extra rooms. Who lives upstairs? I do.

News Comments > GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program
2. Re: GOG.com Reclaim Your Game Program Apr 2, 2015, 10:27 gsilver

That's really nice of them. I should still have a SoC key somewhere.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 27, 2015, 00:00 gsilver

I thought that it was a really nice, short RPG. Though if that's the only thing you want out of the bundle, you're better off buying it by itself,  

News Comments > Two Free Evolve Maps Coming
8. Re: Two Free Evolve Maps Coming Mar 13, 2015, 11:04 gsilver

More maps worked for Dota 2.  

News Comments > Morning Interviews
8. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 6, 2015, 19:26 gsilver

Doesn't Half-Life 2 already support Oculus Rift?
And of course, they should support their new in-house headset.

As for something new...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 17, 2015, 21:28 gsilver

The Last Guardian PS5 launch title confirmed!  

News Comments > Mortal Kombat & More WBIE Games on GOG.com
2. Re: Mortal Kombat & More WBIE Games on GOG.com Feb 13, 2015, 09:15 gsilver

While I never really cared for Mortal Kombat, I noticed that they used the Dos version here.

Is that really the best version? Cheap-and-easy, sure, but it doesn't seem ideal from an end-user perspective vs arcade emulation or even the earlier Windows version.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 10, 2015, 16:27 gsilver

I'm also excited to see 4k @ 120 hz.

I wish that they gave it enough bandwidth for 144, but 120 is sill really good. Support for high frame-rates has been the biggest drawback of that resolution.

...Now for video cards to catch up.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Feb 2, 2015, 22:05 gsilver

It's still Early Access, but Axel looks really interesting.

...I guess I'll bite.

News Comments > Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced
12. Re: Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Announced Jan 27, 2015, 13:15 gsilver

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 00:37:
I was going to say someone should make a dairy farm simulator and "milk" that for as much as possible.

That reminds me of back when I was a kid, I had $20 to spend at a video game store. My dad was trying to be helpful (but knows nothing about video games) and pointed out this farm game and talked about all these farm things you could do.

I, on the other hand, found this game called Lode Runner, and it sounded awesome.

And it was. It was one of the defining games of my childhood.

//Pointless nostalgia dip that shows how old I am, over.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jan 27, 2015, 09:45 gsilver

I'm one of the unfortunate few to have idiopathic hypersomnia. It's nowhere on the level described in the article, but it does make basic functioning quite difficult. I do manage to work, but the brain fog that lasts all day makes it difficult.

I've tried (and failed with) Provigil/Nuvigil and several other medications, so hearing about Flumazenil&#8202; does give me a great deal of hope.

I'll definitely be looking more into this.

Also, I'm intrigued by the connections with anesthesia. I had a surgery when I was in my teens, and I don't recall having the issues with excessive daytime sleepiness issues before then.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 26, 2015, 17:17 gsilver

NegaDeath wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 15:29:
Well SOMETHING has to be doomed. Websites need the clickbait to drive advertising revenue.

Am...am I doomed? Skull
Articles about things being doomed are DOOMED!
Find out what the new advertising paradigm means to your website!

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer
10. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Double XP - Havoc Trailer Jan 25, 2015, 12:06 gsilver

Played the game a bit.

Discovered that if you choose certain weapons, some people go absolutely berserk... Even when I wasn't doing all that well, merely using a specific weapon is all it takes.

Unfortunately, "Mute" only stops mics. It doesn't stop text chat. I'm not sure if reporting players does anything, no matter how much they rave, scream, and swear.

News Comments > Void Destroyer Released
2. Re: Void Destroyer Released Jan 22, 2015, 22:11 gsilver

Anyone try this game?

It looks like the kind of thing that I'd really like, but I want some feedback, first.

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released
16. Re: Saints Row IV: Gat out of Hell Released Jan 21, 2015, 00:27 gsilver

Not bad for $5. The changes to flight from Saints Row 4 are at least interesting enough. It's pretty fun to fly around the city, and flight is more fun than it was in 4.

As for story missions, there seems to be at least one for each of the halo abilities that you get.
Still, that's pretty bare-bones.

I'm an hour and a half in, and it says that I'm 38% done.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2015, 15:47 gsilver

Verno wrote on Jan 13, 2015, 09:57:
Putting the wolf in charge of the hen house. Very frustrating situation, I would say that there should be some sort of academic requirement for being a politician but then we wouldn't have any
Sure they could. They could insist that candidates were members of Skull and Bones, or some other wealthy, elitist, and white college society.

News Comments > Razer Unveils OSVR Headset
4. Re: Razer Unveils OSVR Headset Jan 6, 2015, 13:39 gsilver

Open software standards and a bunch of hardware different vendors catering to different levels of customer expectations is probably the best way to go with VR, so I'm all for this.

The question is, can they get it right?

DK2 is extremely impressive, but at the same time, far from where VR needs to be. Hopefully we'll see what CV1 looks like this year.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up
16. Re: Elite: Dangerous Server Issues Follow-up Jan 5, 2015, 14:23 gsilver

I experienced some of the "Ghost Cargo" bug.

Basically, there were some pieces of cargo that were glitched. Pick it up, and it immediately ejects. I didn't know what was going on, and wondered if I was accidentally hitting some button to eject it. I eventually gave up after several tries.

When I went and sold it, it appeared to alternate between the two different types of cargo that I was carrying, and it seemed to do that an equal number of times to when I picked up the cargo that I ejected.

I was in a Viper at the time, so even with the glitch, I didn't make much from it. In fact, I pretty much broke even on the run, since I accidentally flew into a policed station before realizing that I hadn't sold my cargo yet.

I also had a bunch of disconnects, but I think that was just my connection to the internet.

As for what is actually profitable, I switched to the Eagle as soon as I could, then mostly did combat missions and bounty hunting. If cargo was dropped, or found something interesting in an unidentified signal, I'd pick it up and take it to an anarchy station.

I do wish that exploration gave more credits, because even with a detailed surface scanner, it wasn't very profitable.

95 Comments. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo