Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month
23. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 13:48 Dades

Kastagir wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 01:12:
While I share everyone's frustration (I am a PC gamer after all), this XBOX360 exclusivity conspiracy nonsense is just getting silly.

Calling something a conspiracy theory is a pretty blatant attempt to discredit it by associating it with a fringe element. There is nothing strange about the fact that they delayed two platforms for an unknown reason in favor of releasing on the Xbox 360 first. This is commonly done by publishers because Microsoft gives them money to do it, it is a documented fact that has happened over a dozen times. We don't know if that's the case here but it's certainly a valid theory.

You aren't privy to the details any more than the rest of us so please stop trying to elevate your opinion as if it somehow contains any facts or insider knowledge when you haven't referenced anything, the patronization isn't productive.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
25. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 09:13 Dades

Saboth wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 09:11:
They got 1/5 of their funding in like 3 days. How's that underperforming?

These kickstarter things seem to go like crazy in the first and last days with little meaningful activity in between unless they're a relatively popular brand like double fine or whatever.

13. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 01:36 Dades

It's not a fringe conspiracy theory, just a financial reality of the industry. Microsoft is well known for giving publishers large amounts of money for timed exclusivity for DLC. They do this because its cheaper than paying for studios to produce exclusive title franchises. For example they gave Rockstar $50 million for an exclusivity period on DLC for GTA 4. They do this all the time with big name releases and advertise the DLC heavily on Live and in public space.

Maybe that's the case here, no one knows for certain including you, either scenario has merit. I don't really care about a wait, Skyrim was a good game and the Xbots can beta test my content for me if they want so as long as I get it eventually.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2013, 01:41.

11. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 19, 2013, 00:24 Dades

I think he just grabbed the first google result. The steam source on those stats is only the concurrent users, I would be hesitant to say they accurately include digital figures in the platform totals for all three platforms. There isn't really a breakdown of DLC compared to actual unit sales either. A number of the stats seem to come directly from other articles and press releases as well, I would be interested in seeing if they confirmed them from Zenimax directly or not because I can't find any other references to platform sales breakdowns by Bethesda or Zenimax. I am not inclined to trust those figures as presented, the PC figures could easily be more or less. I do find it difficult to believe the PS3 version, which was notoriously buggy and had terrible press, outsold the PC with steam sales figured in.

The construction set tools is what they use in house, they do some work polishing them up for public consumption but it extends the game and sells more copies in the long run so it's not exactly a work of charity.

This comment was edited on Jan 19, 2013, 00:32.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 19, 2013, 00:14 Dades

We are seeing good momentum with Windows 8 today. When upgrading from Windows 7, Windows 8 has a lot to offer including a beautiful new Start screen with live tiles, plus the familiar desktop and faster startup and longer battery life. Today Id like to share the pricing details for the Windows 8 upgrade editions that will begin in February. Id also remind you to take advantage of the great upgrade offer which lasts until January 31st 2013.

Look at this marketing bot shit, what a joke. I can get Windows 7 licenses cheaper than the new prices and don't have to get an app to disable Metro. $120 for an upgrade edition, good job eliminating the only desirable part of Windows 8.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
7. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 18, 2013, 22:18 Dades

Gas Powered Games has a really spotty record so I'm not likely to give them a bunch of money that they aren't accountable for, layoffs or not.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
48. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 18, 2013, 16:05 Dades

descender wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 15:18:
yadddayadddayadddda

It's not an MMO for fucks sake, it's a loot generator... and what... an extremely basic form of PvP combat? Hack-N-Slash is like the lowest form of game you can spend you time on, barely beating out concepts like Farmville... because you run into a cut-scene once and a while?

The irony is that they couldn't even get that part right.

News Comments > Steam Strategy Guides Launch
5. Re: Steam Strategy Guides Launch Jan 17, 2013, 20:38 Dades

I don't use strategy guides or read about builds or anything like that, ruins all of the challenge and fun of doing it yourself. For people who don't care as much then I'm sure its good but I have to wonder why bother when they could just go to gamefaqs.

News Comments > Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III
10. Re: Jay Wilson Leaving Diablo III Jan 17, 2013, 20:35 Dades

In the words of Jay himself, fuck that loser.

Maybe they can bring Diablo III up to snuff now and he'll go ruin some other franchise. I hear WOW is still liked by people, that's a good candidate.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines
26. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 21:38 Dades

The trailers look good but trailers can be really deceptive, I'll wait to see what you guys think of it.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Hint?
6. Re: The Witcher 3 Hint? Jan 15, 2013, 22:57 Dades

I'll buy any game these guys make.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
14. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 22:57 Dades

Picked up the original during a sale on christmas and thought it was alright but not something I'm going to spend alot of time with. The gameplay was really rough and the skill trees seemed strange.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 22:47 Dades

Bhruic wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 20:38:
Not to mention the fact that the basic premise of your point still stands whether it's 3 million sales or 5 million. Either way, it's a lot of sales, which indicates the game is doing quite well.

I don't play as much as I used to but it seems to be doing fine for my servers population, I see a variety of level ranges. I'm sure the game made back its budget and then some. I think it's a great game and hope other MMO games adopt many of its quality of life improvements.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2013, 20:43 Dades

That guy's not the luckiest BF3 player ever. This guy is the luckiest BF3 player ever. The odds of the spawns lining up just right so you can ambush half of the enemy team without being seen or running into anyone are so slim.

News Comments > Disney Infinity Announced
2. Re: Disney Infinity Announced Jan 15, 2013, 20:41 Dades

This looks like Disney's version of Minecraft with better creation tools and of course actual graphics. It almost reminds me of City of Heroes with map creation. Too bad no PC support announced so far, would be something nice for the kids.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 15, 2013, 20:38 Dades

Worry Over Sales Spurs Talk of Cheaper iPhones.

Apple might have to settle for less than 80% profit per unit, the horror.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Jan 15, 2013, 20:35 Dades

I was one of those sales, couldn't resist Rocksmith at 50%.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 3 Million; Future Plans Outlined Jan 15, 2013, 19:19 Dades

nin wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 18:49:
Wait, people don't have axis blocked?

Very few people, LOL. Oh no, I accidentally misquoted a news article about a sales figure, the world is ending! I don't care if its 1.5 million or 10 million, I don't own shares in NCsoft. The fact that this guy is digging through everyones posts on the forums spot checking is incredibly creepy, obvious mental issues.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
32. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 10:25 Dades

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 09:52:
You're missing the point. If you want to find a game on XBL it will have a larger community.

No you're missing the point, it will depend on the game and popularity doesn't equal quality. I said Steam was a better service, I didn't say it was the most popular. Some games have a larger audience on the PS3 and PC anyway. Not that it even matters, I want to find people to play the game with, I don't need to play it with everyone on the planet.

As for the world we live in, there are billions of PCs in it, of course sales are slowing, we long ago reached critical mass. That has no bearing on my point nor is it indicative of platform viability.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
30. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 09:06 Dades

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 08:27:
I didn't realize we were comparing them. Again, XBL has a larger community than Steam. Easier to find games. More friends on it.

No it doesn't. Microsoft has sold 70 million Xbox 360s, the number of which that are online is unknown. They claimed 25 million paying Live subscribers. Steam has 50 million unique, active accounts. They are very comparable in size and on the same playing field. Steam also has more overall functionality than Xbox Live. No one eats alone either, its very easy to find games and friends thanks to the community and groups.

the world we live in

That's the world you live in, you don't speak for anyone else.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo