Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
36. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 17:44 Dades

AngelicPenguin wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 17:33:
Did you try hellgate london? It attempted that and it was a train wreck. I don't see how the perspective in a game changes the price point anyway.

Hellgate London failed for reasons totally disconnected from its concepts and game play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patched
30. Re: Diablo III Patched Jul 10, 2012, 17:07 Dades

eunichron wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 16:41:
It's like Diablo 3 tried to take the genre a few steps forward (whether they succeeded or failed is purely subjective),

Where did Diablo III try to take the genre forward? It has less features than its predecessor and please don't play the streamlining card. All that Diablo III accomplished was rubberstamping real money transactions for the industry as a whole. I can't think of anything else it brought the genre in terms of innovations. Most of the other gameplay concepts came from other games. The online functionality has been a nuisance as much as its been helpful.

I used to think that Diablo II was out for 10 years so its unfair to compare them but then it occurs that they had 10 years to make Diablo III.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Announced
1. Re: Steam Greenlight Announced Jul 9, 2012, 18:04 Dades

An interesting project, crowdsourcing project viability and approval for Steam distribution. I'm not sure publishers will need this kind of thing but it will probably be a big deal for small teams.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Details
19. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 15:16 Dades

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:25:
Without an open beta or demo, I have to assume that this game is not worth taking a risk on. If it was as good as all the hype, I would think that they would want to show it off to draw in more customers. I'll just have to wait until it's been out for a bit to see if it turns out to be another dud like SW: ToR and the rest of the MMO games that die within 2 months after release. I still remember all the fanboys who were in the ToR beta and their claims that it was a WoW killer. I think we all know how that turned out. I do have high hopes for GW2, but am taking a wait and see approach just like I did for SW: ToR. /:

I'm with you, if this game was so wonderful and fresh then they wouldn't be keeping it so close to the vest. It makes no sense when release is right around the corner.

News Comments > id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE
57. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 8, 2012, 13:02 Dades

Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 19:29:
I wasn't insinuating anything. When I insult somebody I'm very direct. Example: Upgrading in preparation for Windows 8, which appears to be a bigger trainwreck in the making than Vista or Windows ME, is stupid.

Marketing susceptible, brand follower type.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
3. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 7, 2012, 00:59 Dades

Amazon is a great company and I'd welcome the competition.  

49. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 18:31 Dades

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 17:19:
Not even trolling.. but a few weeks ago I posted this statement, and I'll say it again:
I never knew that game had even released. --that's how little I heard (possibly remembered) about it from all the gamers/game sites.

There were some pretty upset folks due to all of the technical problems surrounding its release, that's mainly how I found out about it. After hearing all of the negative attention I decided to skip it.

45. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 6, 2012, 17:08 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 13:48:
Mad Max RW wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 09:34:
Some people like myself make a habit of keeping their computers clean and fully functioning at all times. Leaving hundreds of gigabytes of crap on your computer is the equivalent of piling more garbage onto an overflowing trashcan.
I don't understand why you feel the need to insult me. Having lots of games installed does not qualify as "crap". If you can't afford enough storage then fair enough, but don't insult those of us who can. I have over 13TB of storage in my current system (I'm planning to upgrade for the release of Windows 8) and it would be ridiculous for me to not use that space.

He didn't insult you personally anywhere in his reply. Your insinuation that he is just too poor to measure up is the closest thing to a personal insult levied so far. If you want to fill 15TB with movies and games you will likely never play then it doesn't really affect us. Calling it wasteful isn't personally insulting you though, especially when you put things like that into a signature or post them on a public forum. You do these things for attention so attention is what you got, not all of it is going to be positive.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Jul 6, 2012, 07:48 Dades

Beelzebud wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 00:08:
I really don't understand what people were expecting. It's fucking Diablo. It was always about a farming grind-fest. People complaining about the "end game" (who haven't beat inferno...) seem to really think that this should follow an MMO mold. It's DIABLO... I guess people forgot what the "a" in "arpg" stood for.

Back when Diablo 2 was fresh, I played it for mindless action (that "a" word again), and played stuff like Fallout or Baldur's Gate when I wanted something with some depth.

People were happy with the end game in Diablo II, they just utterly failed to pull off something similar for Diablo III. It's not the fans fault for wanting something more, Diablo II had more depth.

The AH is down because they are trying to fix an infinite gold dupe bug that has been in the game since launch and now has been discovered by the masses. People were wondering where the hundreds of millions of gold were coming from so quickly? Pretty much that and Sarkoth botting.

its another infinite gold dupe.

buy 1000 of gem A for 90 gold, AH refunds you 20 gold per gem or 20,000
friend buys your relisted gems for 50 gold. he also gets 20k refund, but you get 90,000 minus AH cut of 15% which comes out to 76,500.

repeat in greater quantities/initial values and/or bot the process and you have made infinite gold

as long as the average of the last 10 purchases is more than 15% lower than the price of the actual commodity you can make infinite gold selling between two people.

thats why AH is down atm, they are trying to fix it/deal with fallout.

also why gold prices have dropped by 1/2 over last 2 days

It's hilarious that anything that might threaten the economy gets immediate, fast fixes and attention but content or balance patching takes forever.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2012, 08:11.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
6. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 5, 2012, 21:19 Dades

Yeah we'll just drop the bomb on them if they steal our TV shows Rolleyes  

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2012, 20:44 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 19:27:
What it comes down to is "how many hours have you played"? Anything over 100 hours for a new game is pretty good. Some people like to play games forever, but that is rare. Since it IS Diablo, it shuold probably last a few hundred hours (which it still can if you go through each class like I am).

Oh well. Any game "I" get 100 hours out of, I can't really complain. You can't do anything other form of entertainment (within reason) for less than 50 cents an hour....

What it comes down to is "how many hours have you played and had fun?". I could spend 800 hours grinding in Disgaea but that doesn't mean anything.

Diablo III's big failing is that the time you spend in it isn't as enjoyable as Diablo II. Big shoes to fill but they had plenty of time and a practically unlimited budget to do it. So far they failed. The game didn't need a raiding end game or something stupid, it just needed the developers to not fuck up the things people liked with the Diablo formula. People did the same shit on and off for like ten years in Diablo II, Diablo III is barely lasting a month for many.

I'm sure it was worth the $60 for many people but people rightfully expected a lot more from Blizzard. The name used to mean something.

10. Re: id Hasn't Forgotten RAGE Jul 5, 2012, 20:38 Dades

It's alright, everyone else did.  

News Comments > Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Next Month
7. Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Next Month Jul 5, 2012, 20:37 Dades

Is the port going to be decent this time? Like can I rebind my fucking controls?  

News Comments > Independence Day Consolidation
4. Re: Independence Day Consolidation Jul 5, 2012, 07:38 Dades

You can download the original Spelunky for free.  

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans
45. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Plans Jul 4, 2012, 21:48 Dades

Rhino wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 20:57:
I don't understand the anger, here. I don't care for achievements either, though will often fulfill them through the course of my regular play. As I don't want to actively pursue them then I simply do not do so. That said, I'm not about to begrudge those that do given the hypocrisy that would be evident by my suggesting that pursuing them is ridiculous, but spending my free time playing games is not.

There was an interesting article from one of the Xbox Live developers back in 2009 about achievements. The short version is that people respond so well to the reward mechanism in achievements that games with them do better financially than games without them. This led to many developers actually structuring parts of their game around achievements to the point where Microsoft had to introduce stricter guidelines surrounding them. It might not directly affect you in an immediate sense but it definitely indirectly affects you.

With an old game like this it doesn't really matter because the content is set. I do miss games where you would find secrets instead of grinding dumb things for achievements though, I'd much rather find easter eggs and debug rooms than repeat an activity 1000 times so I can get a virtual back pat. I think I've done maybe a handful of truly interesting and fun achievements that are memorable. We're all wasting time gaming anyway but might as well make it interesting instead of repetitive.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
41. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 21:39 Dades

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 21:29:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 20:07:
Lack of randomized maps doesn't help.

Wait, what? The maps aren't randomized?

It exists in the first few acts but it's not very well done and the game becomes very linear in Act 3 and 4. The random events are pretty hokey and you don't see many in the latter acts either.

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
28. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jul 1, 2012, 00:22 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 23:04:
s from someone who says they called the FBI to report Blizzard for wire fraud, alleging having never received a $49.99 payment for an item they sold.

sale probably failed.

He should get the item back instead of it existing in limbo. That's why he contacted support multiple times and just ended up getting the run around. It's not the first time its happened, someone linked another one below.

When a sale fails due to payment processing or errors both parties should get a notification and refund where applicable, this is pretty basic online store front stuff.

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfix Improves High-End Drops
28. Re: removed Jun 28, 2012, 21:34 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:32:
So you are ok with him calling people weirdos for looking up items, but I can't call him a dipshit for his comment?

Keep up the bullshit Blue.

This isn't your personal blog to act out on, shape up or ship out.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 26, 2012, 23:13 Dades

Prez wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 21:33:
Analysts: A La Carte Would Kill 1 Million Jobs

Ignoring the feeling I have that the "1 million" number is a MASSIVE exaggeration, and not to sound cold-hearted here, but how is that the consumer's problem? So customers are forced to over-pay for TV service to subsidize channels that very few people would want otherwise, and now are to made to feel guilty for wanting an alternative?

For that matter I generally don't cater my entertainment habits around what will sustain a job market.

1 million people can find other jobs doing something that doesn't involve trying to rip me off for increasing amounts every year.

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Jun 26, 2012, 23:00 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 22:38:
Dragon Age 2 is on Amazon, anyone know if you need Origin for it? Would rather throw it in Steam. F Origin.

It doesn't require Origin but not playing the first game is practically a requirement if you want to finish the experience without a lot of regret.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo