Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
48. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 19:38 Dades

eunichron wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 19:31:
SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 17:56:
De-Leveling system that encourages higher levels to aid lower levels or allow friends that don't level as fast to stay engaged

This is, in my opinion, a terrible feature that I wish they had not left in. It removes any sense of character progression. What does my level even matter if my level is always automatically adjusted to fit the zone I'm in? I would have preferred a full skill-based system like UO's, or even a hybrid system like TES/Skyrim. There's just no point in having character progression marked by levels if the levels are meaningless.

They couldn't do that without a mob tagging system which would ruin most of the events if a higher level could just waltz in and smoke everything. I find leveling to be an antiquated measurement of character progression but most people can't identify with a purely skill based system. I think they went for the most sensible hybrid that could succeed in the market right now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 18:04 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 17:15:
Yeah, there are a billion skills per class. And they're all the same. They do damage and/or they apply a status effect. More is not better. Almost none of the skills have any flavor or imagination. None of the class mechanics are interesting. Thief's mechanics are just an additional cooldown. Mesmer's illusions are just an additional meter to stare at, as if staring at your cooldowns wasn't boring enough.

Staring at a small sampling of tooltips in a game menu or playing a class to level 5 does not mean the game lacks imagination or flavor. Some skills have no cooldown, some skills are combo builders, many skills are meant for use with specific weapons and some are for use in combination with other classes. No one is saying its the most revolutionary system in the market but it's quite varied and most aspects of usual combat systems are well represented. Where Guild Wars 2 shines is tying it all together with its improvements on other MMO gameplay that needed updating.

33. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 23, 2012, 15:32 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 15:11:
The combat is stale MMO-style. Worse than WoW, easily. You just select the nearest monster and hit whatever skill isn't on cooldown. Skill system is terrible, too. 99% of skills are a variation on "do damage + apply a status effect." When I hit level 5 and got to pick my first extra skill, I looked through the ~15 available and I literally thought to myself, "Good lord, there's not a single one here that I actually care about."

I thought the combat was fine. You have an evasion ability along with the games projectile modeling which requires a lot of movement. At low levels you can get away with button mashing but stuff starts getting dangerous quickly. You have a variety of skills to use based on what weapon you have equipped. They range from things like knock back to straight up damage. I don't see how it could be called stale, there is a huge variety of them just in the weapons alone. There are also Utility skills, healing skills and permanent character skills to add customization to your build.

Simply looking at the skill screen is not a good indicator of their gameplay or fun factor. Most of the Greatsword abilities and Warrior utility skills seemed really boring until I made one to play around. It turns out Greatsword has inherited AOE damage, the actual weapon skills are much more fun and satisfying than their descriptions would have you believe and the utility skills complement the various weapon skills remarkably well. The game also has a combo system for attacks that rewards with you more experience, interrupts and better item drops.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2012, 10:28 Dades

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:46:
Speaking of kickstarters, it looks like (once again) Skyjacker won't make it's goal. Very sad. People say they want a game like TIE Fighter or Freespace, and it looks good, but not enough people show up.

I think this is just an issue with them getting the word out. I didn't even know it existed until I read your post, kicked in $100 because it sounds exactly like the kind of game I love.

News Comments > WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements
16. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 22, 2012, 02:13 Dades

Alamar wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 23:48:
I may be pretty damned disappointed with the game, but their support (I'm assuming the other 99.999% of it is the same) was good... Processed my refund request in 3 minutes flat... No muss, no fuss...

Blizzard is pretty good about that too, many people got fast refunds for the years biggest disappointment.

News Comments > WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements
12. Re: WoW PTR Patch Adds Account-wide Achievements Jul 21, 2012, 22:58 Dades

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2012, 22:43:

In other news, the Guild Wars 2 beta is alright.

Is it finally rendering using the video card and not CPU usage? They pick the worse weekends, as once again, I missed out this time.

I spent a good chunk of the weekend playing with my brother, performance was drastically improved and my GPU was running full tilt. GW2 is a lot of fun, they rebalanced some of the events and added a lot more content. Guardian and Mesmer got some love too. I really like this game, it never feels like you're grinding due to the organic way the events unfold, the combat feels good and there is a lot of customization options. This is how streamlining should be, leaving whats important while not removing all depth.

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III
89. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 18:21 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 12:19:
So yes, I guess not wanting to be associated with whiney self entitled little shits makes me the irrational one that needs mental help.

Being a rather pathetic weirdo who keeps fighting some illusionary battle on behalf of a corporate brand is what makes you need mental help. Many people here bought the game and just don't like it, sorry that totally shatters your sad world view. If it bugs you so much then leave, it's not like you'll be missed.

72. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 20, 2012, 07:08 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 01:49:
I'm not the grown adult crying in every D3 thread about how butthurt they are over "entertainment".

Nor do I go around hoping that others experiences are intentionally ruined by hackers.

You seemed like a good guy Prez. Turns out you are just a sad individual like the others around here that obsess over games and the companies that make them, spewing hatred over what you feel they owe you.

It's healthy to see that you're keeping such close tabs on everything he does here.

You are a creepy weirdo who goes into fits because people don't like your favorite brand, go have your midlife crisis about video games somewhere else. No one wants you here.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Trailer
3. Re: Battlefield 3: Armored Kill Trailer Jul 19, 2012, 21:54 Dades

That's what the whole game should have been.  

51. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 18:38 Dades

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 18:29:
avianflu wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:48:
D3 might serve is a warning sign to other developers wanting to make mandatory-on-line, real-money-auction-house type games. Time will tell.
In what way? It sold 7 million copies.

It's a Blizzard game, they had almost two decades of good will and brand power to work with. It would have sold no matter what. Other companies might not have that same kind of power to force online requirements or get away with putting real money features into the game.

46. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:31 Dades

Krovven wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 17:11:
Prez wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 14:21:
I think most would agree that ActiBlizz could have taken a shit in a box and slapped the Diablo sticker on it and it would have sold 7 million plus copies.

That isn't what they did for Diablo 3?

Sorry - can't help myself lately. Having a serious hate-on for Blizzard with how badly they fucked up my Diablo. Maybe I'll eventually get over it, but I am going to enjoy it while it lasts!

So we can continue to see you acting like a self-entitled little baby in D3 threads? Good to know.

Go back to whining about how much you hate it here and keep getting totally irrational because someone insults a brand you identify with in a really creepy way.

41. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Jul 19, 2012, 17:02 Dades

That Diablo II with less features joke turned out to be pretty accurate.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
6. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 19, 2012, 07:00 Dades

killer_roach wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 04:22:
cento wrote on Jul 19, 2012, 03:58:
I don't understand why people keep reporting what this idiot was to say...

Hate to say it, but Pachter is right more often than most here about the state of the gaming industry. It might not be what you like, and you're more likely to remember the misses, but his overall level of accuracy is very high if you're actually paying attention rather than going "lol look what Pachter said," which, gauging from reactions around most gaming fora, is all the more attention that is paid to industry analysts.

As an analyst, most everything he says is some form of an educated guess. While I don't think he's spot on with his analysis here, the odds are good that he's at least partially correct (unless you just happen to think that Nintendo rushed out an alternate controller design out of the goodness of your hearts - if you do, then you're probably the sort of person who actually believes marketing speak).

Since you are paying attention and we aren't, which specific predictions are you basing this on?

News Comments > BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required
37. Re: BF4 Beta in Fall 2013: MoH Not Required Jul 18, 2012, 21:07 Dades

DangerDog wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 20:18:
I know everyone likes to rail about VOIP being "broken" but the alternative would be much worse - imagine a game where it worked but you couldn't shut it off and someone went around playing horrid music in the background griefing other players.

I'm not sure I would want it fixed in Battlefield.

It is not that difficult for them to have an option to toggle it off or mute a player. Given that it's Dice they would probably fuck it up but people always argue against squad voip by saying they dont want to hear little kids on mic, as if it has to be one or the other.

Rampant cheating? You're one of those guys who gets mad when he gets killed and doesn't know why?

Sounds like you're in denial, there is a lot of hacking on BF3 public servers. Google some hacks or look at some players Battlelog reports sometime, it will be an eye opener.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
24. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 07:34 Dades

InBlack wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 03:55:
Has anyone actually read his post?? Know what it sounds like to me??? It reads like a fucking panic attack thats what it reads like, its more like "Oh my fucking god, look at the clusterfuck of Diablo3, shiiiitt....we better overhaul our entire fucking game because if that shit cant fly with D3 rabidfans it sure as hell isnt going to fly in Torchlight2..."

No, they had a public beta and people had a large list of complaints and feedback so unlike Blizzard, they are actually working on addressing them instead of releasing the game too soon and letting it coast on the first games success.

News Comments > Steam Linux Plans
62. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 18, 2012, 07:30 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote:
We're not starting that up again.

I think you deserved that for the retarded Linux looks like ass comments. You keep insisting you use Linux but have been wrong on several points, only refer to it in vague terms and show no practical knowledge of it.

As for being concerned about Windows 8 being a "turd", I don't think that's a serious concern. Windows ME and Vista didn't send people running to Macs or Linux; they simply stuck with the existing version of Windows that they had.

The landscape of computing today is a lot different than Vista was released. Microsoft is competing for mindshare with mobile operating systems, living room devices, tablets and more. Much like RIM once seemed untouchable in the mobile space and is now on a downward trend, Microsoft won't get a free pass forever because of Office and Windows.

I doubt Linux will be a threat to that but it doesn't have to be the only one, it will be a bunch of different things chinking away at their armor. People have stabilized their needs and most of them only need a web browser and very basic office productivity software. Even Linux can deliver that without issue. Gaming is one of the last exclusive havens and Microsoft has totally neglected it in favor of a console market that they still haven't won. I think Valve is being cautious, not just fishing for more customers.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Jul 17, 2012, 21:50 Dades

The Ouya thing is a total scam, I feel bad for anyone who fell for it. Conflicting messages, no actual games committed and I don't see any way for them to get actual manufacturing outside of hand building units with that 5 million. They were very careful to word that they won't seek outside funding or sell the company while the Kickstarter campaign is ongoing but won't say anything about after. This is the problem with Kickstarter, no accountability. These guys are getting away with 5m for advertising the next Phantom on a website, pathetic.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2012, 21:46 Dades

Sepharo wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 20:58:
I feel like I haven't seen a glass bottle of ketchup in a decade.

I see them all the time at restaurants and grocery stores.

News Comments > Steam Linux Plans
43. Re: Steam Linux Plans Jul 17, 2012, 18:03 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 17, 2012, 08:07:
Linux looks like ass, is more difficult to use, barely supports games, has limited application support, has poor driver support, has a poor user experience, etc. To claim that it is superior to Windows is laughable. That's not to say it doesn't have many merits but if you want to do anything practical with your computer then that pretty much rules out Linux.

Windows is almost as bad as LED TVs, uh oh!

Sounds like you haven't even used Linux in the past five years. Do you think Valve decides to commit millions in resources to development on inferior operating systems going nowhere if they could just stick with Windows and not worry about it? Maybe like many other people, they are worried about Windows 8 being a turd.

This comment was edited on Jul 17, 2012, 18:08.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
43. Re: Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends Jul 16, 2012, 19:14 Dades

Closed Betas wrote:
Server side control of drops, which alleviates all types of hacking, duping, and online auction house protection.

That's working out really well for them so far.

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo