Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
26. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 18:27 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:23:
Good riddance. Bioware is responsible for some of the most striking examples of decline in the RPG genre. Unfortunately, with them losing big money now, they'll make their next games even more idiot-proof and even less interesting until they go out of business.

I think this was mostly created by Bioware Austin, Bioware Edmonton is busy crapping on singleplayer RPG games. Hard to imagine how things got this far.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor
43. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 17:56 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 17:25:
I'm a huge fan of the STALKER series but it certainly didn't have better gameplay than Skyrim.

Apples and oranges, flawed comparison. The only thing they have in common is an open world setting.

I'd like to see a western development company take on the Stalker series but it's hard to imagine them getting the setting as close as GSC did. I hope the engine means Rage because that game had many faults but the combat was really taut and fun.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2
15. Re: So you can actually remap your keys in this one? Jul 31, 2012, 07:10 Dades

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 02:10:
I really question the sanity of this developer after finding myself not even able to remap the keys without using third party software in the first game. Uh der der...PC Gaming 101 fail.

They dropped the XBLA version this time in favor of a PC only release so you can rebind keys, there is voice chat, full steamworks support, push to talk and all of the usual options people expect in a PC game.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Orcs Must Die! 2 Jul 30, 2012, 22:10 Dades

HoSpanky wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 20:53:
The levels, so far, seem built around co-op, so it may be difficult to be everywhere you need to be with just one person. Maybe it just spawns fewer orcs in single player

The first game was like that too. You're not supposed to relax, it's supposed to be frantic, rushing around to lay new traps while defending an area, managing multiple rifts and planning for future waves. The game spawns far more monsters in co-op, it's pretty well balanced in my opinion. It's as fast paced as the first game though, if people want a slower paced game then they're better off with Dungeon Defenders.

The customization is really well executed this time and they included a respec ability. I just tried an endless mode map with my brother, it was really difficult and fun. This game will have a lot more replay value.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jul 29, 2012, 17:19 Dades

nin wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 15:44:
Raising the dead- Can a regular person repair a damaged hard drive?

Freezer trick works great, whether they like it or not. Got 10 gig of data back for a programmer that way years ago...

I didn't read the article but the freezer trick was always a gimmick that didn't work on the majority of drive issues and would kill most modern hard drives. It can also ruin any legitimate attempts at data recovery due to moisture and other damage. Only recommended as a last resort and if you've already written off the drives contents.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
18. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jul 29, 2012, 00:15 Dades

Silicon Avatar wrote on Jul 28, 2012, 20:43:
Most of the bad reviews for Dawnguard seem to be people who got mad that it wasn't the size of Shivering Isles. So what I'm getting out of that is that people think it's too short, not that they think it's necessarily bad.

I don't know what reviews you're reading, most of the ones I've read say that the vampire mechanics aren't well implemented and that the quests themselves are boring. In fact the length is one of the least mentioned issues from the bunch I checked out on metacritic. Bethesda is always very hit and miss with DLC.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record
49. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 27, 2012, 22:17 Dades

Darks wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 19:56:
HARDWARD has everything to do with performance then you are lost cause. I know all about the limitations of this game and it only using one core.

You know better than the developers of the game themselves who have acknowledged there are serious problems with lack of optimization? You are the lost cause here.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 27, 2012, 22:16 Dades

wtf_man wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 21:09:
Pretty much one of the dumbest rants RPS has put out.

Look at the bonuses, they aren't little cosmetic things but some are potential game changers. The rant is fine.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record
42. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Sets Sales Record Jul 27, 2012, 07:28 Dades

Prez wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 02:06:
Jesus Darks when did you become such a troll?? The argument you are making is beyond ridiculous - you know you are wrong. Just leave over already.

Everyone else in the world doesn't know how to configure their computer, he's the only one who knows how to play video games and build a computer. The only one one one one one...The Chosen One.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Trailer
49. Re: PlanetSide 2 Trailer Jul 27, 2012, 07:13 Dades

Closed Betas wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:55:
Rant spam bullshit

Get. Out.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders
19. Re: Borderlands 2 Digital Preorders Jul 27, 2012, 07:09 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 23:16:
PHJF wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 22:04:
Unless I'm sorely mistaken, the last stand mechanic was in singleplayer as well... In almost any case, the best offense was to simply run straight at whatever you were attacking. If it downed you, you would kill it and revive with full shields. Borderlands was most definitely not your modern "chesthighwalls" shooter.

You would also regen health and armor if you just backed off....you know...REGEN HEALTH. Just like I said.

Health regeneration was a feature on the equippable shields in the game, it was not a built in mechanic.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
122. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 07:24 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 02:10:
I'm pretty certain Valve could just distribute a Metro app for free and use their own in-app purchase method without giving Microsoft a cut of any such sales

That sounds naive. Metro apps have to be signed and certified by Microsoft to be allowed onto the store, its not as simple as just making one and putting it out there. I doubt Microsoft would allow in app purchases to be free, their whole business model is literally copying the iOS store so they would want a cut. The longest they would allow any freemium model for is the period it takes them to get a comparable number of apps to iOS and Android. Xbox Live is the perfect example of Microsofts vision for digital distribution, they get a cut of everything and there are many ads. Considering Steam wants to start offering apps and other things soon there is no way these two will make good bedfellows.

Valve is right, Microsoft is being too heavy handed about several aspects of Windows 8. It's time for a change or at least the threat of one to humble them.

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed Jul 25, 2012, 22:32 Dades

Dev wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 04:06:
Yes, but removing ads for a year? Will that be a far enough proximity? Maybe from direct advertisers, but for instance, writing a critical piece on SW:TOR would still probably kill their chance of doing official SW stuff, even a year later.

I don't like this KS, but I think people should be free to back WTFever they want, like Prez said.

What bugs me is that unlike most Kickstarter projects these guys have access to money already. I would rather Kickstarter be reserved for actual projects that are new without previous funding. Many Kickstarter projects have enough trouble getting promotion and funding as it is without traditional market forces moving in. For PA at least this is a risk that can harm their reputation both with their fans and advertisers. They have a big enough fan base and enough community support to get away with this once but they might regret it in a year or two if people get tired of funding them.

88. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 21:43 Dades

Lorcin wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 20:46:
Running linux on a pc is much akin to my mobile phone. My phone runs a custom firmware hack to get the android 2.3 OS running on a handset that Sony Ericsson have never updated beyond android 2.1.

The problem is although I researched and worked out exactly what I needed to do for a weekend to take it from stock to custom OS, now 3 months later apparently updates are available for it. But I can't for the life of me remember which hoops and loops I need to jump through to get the updates installed - and frankly I can't be bothered to relearn.

Until linux offers SIGNIFICANTLY improved performance vs windows ?? then I'm afraid I'll end up sticking to windows because it's easy to learn and helpfull (yeah mainly overly helpful but meh)

Your example of running a custom ROM for your Android phone is nothing like running Linux on a PC. Most modern distros take the work out of everything, it is nothing like running Slackware 10 years ago. Since you mentioned it, upgrading a custom ROM is usually as simple as dropping the file into storage and going into recovery mode, it's the initial rooting process that takes awhile. Next time I'd get a Nexus device, it's what Google targets as a hardware base and it gets timely OTA updates for at least a few years.

I liked Me as a consumer OS, of course not for business or as a server or anything. I would always just use Firefox as the browser, not that crap IE.
So what if it would crash every other day. Just reboot and get back to Minesweeper, Spider Solitaire and web based research.

Firefox wasn't even released until 2004, I'm not sure why you were putting Windows ME on other peoples computers when Windows XP was out in 2001 and already a better operating system right out of the gate. Just reboot every day, seriously? Amazing.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 25, 2012, 21:36 Dades

Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 20:17:
True but by the CEO's own admission that's exactly the direction he want to and intends to go in. I never got the outrage at splitting the DVD and streaming businesses myself - it's not like the two are inherently or naturally tied together or anything. Splitting them seemed like a wise thing to do since one market is stagnant and projected to start shrinking soon and one is set to take off (despite old media doing their best to arbitrarily impede it). The timing was bad, and it could have been handled better but ultimately I think it was a very necessary move.

It was the way they handled it that people had a problem with. They increased their prices and did that at the same time so it came off poorly in PR terms as a cash grab. They also gave it a really dumb name and then split the lists between both services, people didn't want to manage two separate lists with preferences and favorites. They fucked up everything surrounding the split so no one wanted it anymore.

60. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 19:46 Dades

People defending Windows ME, I've truly seen everything now.  

21. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 17:42 Dades

Prez wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 17:37:
I have been ignoring all the Windows 8 news because I simply don't care, but the whole "compete with Steam" thing kind of got my interest up a little. If someone could give me the quick and dirty: In what way is Windows 8 competition with Steam?

Microsoft has cooked Xbox Live functionality into Windows 8 in the form of an app that tie video, music and game purchases together. Steam doesn't have much to fear, it's an improvement over GFWL but just barely and it won't appeal to anyone but casual gamers who are already married to the XBL platform.

18. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 17:24 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 17:03:
hahahahahahahaa This story makes my day. It is my understanding, that Windows 8 looks like the new xbox live format? (ie windows mobile garbage0 THAT SUX!

They replaced the Start Menu with Metro which is essentially the same thing with a new format and different user interface. Metro apps can only be run at certain sizes on the screen and you can only have 2 active at once without multi-monitor. Metro apps also have to be obtained through the Metro store, there is no way to run unsigned Metro apps currently. Metro has a lot of changes that will be problematic for traditional Windows users, features like swipes and hot corners are almost unusable with a keyboard and mouse. This would be fine if it was just for tablets because Metro is actually a pretty good tablet interface. They decided to force people instead of having a simple toggle UI or auto detection for input devices which is why people are very pissed off.

You can still run desktop applications the usual way but Microsoft is clearing going to phase them out. Desktop applications will be allowed into the store but only in the form of website links according to arstechnica. Microsoft seems to be focusing on HTML5 web apps, support for desktop applications in future Visual Studio versions will probably wane. They are determined to get into the mobile space even if it means cannibalizing their own users.

3. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 25, 2012, 16:49 Dades

Wow that is a pretty bold statement from Gabe and a confirmation that they aren't just doing this on a whim, it's definitely part a larger strategy.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PROTOTYPE 2 Jul 25, 2012, 07:11 Dades

Alamar wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 21:49:
However, for me, and my 5+ hours played today... no issues... No noticeable rendering 'lag' or choppiness... I'm also running a 3840x1080 res (dual monitors), but playing on one, so the game is in 1920x1080.

i7-2700k, GT 560i 448...

Issues won't get fixed because the developer was shut down. Many people with systems similar to or far superior to yours are experiencing problems. It is not a good port.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo