Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard
25. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 3, 2012, 10:50 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 09:52:
The length of that expansion really isn't the issue here - it's the quality of the content.

You chopped off the part of my response where I touched briefly on the quality. 10 hours of BF3 might be considered long while 20 hours of an RPG would be deemed short. This DLC doesn't sound like it has much going for it was the point. If it was going to be long with decent but unremarkable content then that might be alright with some but when its not very long and the content is repetitive then that's a no go at $20.

Can you actually name an expansion pack that is longer than 15hrs?

Obviously the length alone is not the determining factor in quality but yes I can name several lengthy expansion packs: Shivering Isles, Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, a few of the Fallout 3 DLC packs were pretty big, DA: Awakenings, etc.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2012, 10:56.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 3, 2012, 08:49 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 03:15:
Most people seem to be saying OMG $20 without actually knowing how much content is there. Not saying I know for sure, but from what I have read it's closer to Shivering Isles than Knights of the Nine.

Most people probably read the large amount of user and critic reviews. There are many reviews out for this, I haven't seen a single one saying the amount of content is anywhere near an expansion pack. It's usually pegged at around 10-15 hours. the quests sound uninspired and repetitive. $20 is too high for 10 hours of average content when Skyrim has a ton of that already.

This comment was edited on Aug 3, 2012, 09:09.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
55. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 3, 2012, 00:50 Dades

What a surprise, no shills and another load of indirect responses. I give up, you guys have fun with him.

Not too much fun though. He'll tell you that you didn't actually have fun because you were all suffering from a shared mass delusion and that you should value the opinion of the thinnest forum troll because every opinion matters and no child gets left behind.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
20. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 3, 2012, 00:34 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 23:30:
9.1 million is nothing to sneeze at. Pretty amazing that people can stick to something for so long like that.

Yeah but at the same time losing 10% of that in a quarter is nothing to scoff at either, that's a crazy churn rate with the kind of instability that drives investors crazy. Expansions bring people back but they don't stick around long.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 3, 2012, 00:31 Dades

$20? No thanks.  

53. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 3, 2012, 00:29 Dades

NKD wrote on Aug 3, 2012, 00:22:
You can get that out of almost any MMO, so that isn't an extraordinary or shillish sounding claim at all. I'm talking about those guys who have made it sound like the second coming of EverQuest, and who will scramble to find some way to avoid having to back down from those claims. And at the same time, they get really mad and demand you write a 130 page dissertation about why you didn't enjoy your time in testing because you're just being too vague, or you must just not like MMOs.

What shills? Where? You act like the website is overrun with fanboys and shills for this game. Pull the curtain away, let's meet the wizard. If you want to post that you think the game sucks period end of sentence then yeah that's an opinion but it's not one anyone has to respect. There's something between a 130 page dissertation and a throwaway sentence or two with vague criticisms that could be leveled at any videogame created.

46. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 23:11 Dades

It has very little to do with my opinion. The reason for shilling a game are entirely internal.

I think you're just upset that a bunch of people don't share your opinion about this game. I don't think you know what shilling actually means either because there is little to none of it going on here. Not going to even bother with the rest of the various rants about this website, the internet, fanboys and whatever other convoluted stuff you've dreamed up in an effort to explain that people don't like the videogame they think they like.

Hell, I preordered Guild Wars 2, but I'm big enough to admit it didn't meet expectations from what I played in testing.

Maybe as they insisted several times, they just don't share your golden fucking opinion on the game because it actually met their expectations. Your explanations are totally illogical and you're being unreasonable about it with the persistent efforts to pass off what they say as everything but actual satisfaction with the game.

Arenanet isn't fucking Valve or Blizzard so you just sound like a pompous wind bag trying to insist they are somehow beholden to the brand of a company who shipped a middling quality MMO 8 years ago. I don't know why there has to be some conspiracy fanboy mystery afoot to explain this. They made a better game this time so some people enjoy it and others do not, like pretty much every other game that ever existed, jesus christ.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 23:40.

43. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 22:43 Dades

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 21:58:
And no one's forcing you to buy or post about all the other games YOU claim suck so bad. What I'm pointing out is the hypocrisy. This site, hates damn near everything. But when the shoe is on the other foot, people can't take it. They'll sit there and tell you your opinion is wroooong. You can't possibly dislike the game, you must be trolling. They'll worm and weasel around any statement you make trying to paint the things you hate as "awesome and cool and you're just not doing it right!"

GW2 is a case of people investing so much into the hype that they get upset when people question it.

For a site population that likes to think of itself as the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race, it sure falls into the same habit of consoletard white knighting and acting like a video game is your personal family member who just got besmirched.

This is such a dumb post because it has nothing to do with what most people were posting here. Most of the people who like or dislike the game have played it. The hype doesn't matter because they were able to sit down and spend time with the game to make up their own mind. You're lashing out at some imaginary investment when people turn on companies and foam at the mouth over far less. The fact that you think people care about your opinion so much that they will fake liking a videogame is just beyond comprehension.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 2, 2012, 20:57 Dades

Firefox has always been fast for me, if people are really having speed problems with it then just make a clean profile. Chances are you have some shitty old stuff from extensions bloating up the local DB files and it could be easily fixed. They tightened it up quite a bit in the past few releases and got their shit together on the release schedule again. I could use Chrome but I would lose a bunch of functionality and gain 0.002ms in browsing speed so I don't think its worth it. Google also likes to let their projects languish when they get bored and they only seem interested in improving Chrome on mobiles now.  

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - PPC Skyrim Dawnguard Aug 2, 2012, 20:52 Dades

I saw the PPC in the text and wondered why Bethesda was shipping Dawnguard DLC for old Macs.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M
6. Re: Activision Blizzard Financial: WoW Subs Drop to 9.1M Aug 2, 2012, 20:51 Dades

Cram wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 20:24:
Less and less are willing to pay $15 a month for any MMO it seems. The subscription based model is going the way of the dinosaurs. Love WoW, or ToR, or hate them, the entire genre is losing people.

I'd be ok with paying a monthly sub but so few games warrant it. I used to play WOW because they gave good content patches every 3 months but now they just roll in a bunch of daily quests and rehash some shitty old models and call it a day. If they want $15 a month then they can fucking earn it.

35. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 19:50 Dades

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 19:23:
I don't know what I hate more: when people are being unnecessarily negative, or when they occasionally find something they like and don't tolerate anyone not liking it. And you'll never be able to tell them GW2 was no good because it has no subscriber numbers, only total sales, and will have no available concurrency numbers.

Almost as bad as the guy who says he doesn't like it as if that's supposed to matter to anyone, other people don't care and move on but he returns later because he can't tolerate them enjoying it when he doesn't. And you'll never be able to tell him it was good to them because he will always have some reason why they aren't having fun or make up some garbage about why the sales figures being ginned up.

I guarantee you 90% of the people shilling GW2 won't even be playing a significant number of hours three months out and will have excuses like "Well at least there's no fee I'm paying, I got my money's worth!

There is no shilling going on. You can't try to pass off perfectly good logic as ridiculous with sarcasm. If someone get 20 days of good solid fun out of it then I would consider that a pretty good deal and the fact that there aren't any sub fees is just icing on the cake. Beats sitting around cataloging what my friends are having fun with on their steam list so I can use it as forum fight ammunition.

This comment was edited on Aug 2, 2012, 20:02.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Aug 2, 2012, 17:37 Dades

Yaogun wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 17:27:
You can't change anything, so don't even try! Seriously, nobody can be held responsible for their actions, for reals... I mean think of the horror if we called people on their... Wait, what are you doing? I said you can't... It won't work... nobody... responsible... No no don't turn the light on.... MEEEEE!!! Noooooooooooo!!

If sarcasm is the final destination of comics then you are the Carlos Mencia of the forums.

News Comments > Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits
57. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:55 Dades

Cutter wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 23:48:
And as for the EA comparisons some people are making...wake me when Steam has a few decades behind them of shitting all over customers, competitors, and employees. EA voted worst company of the year. Steam not even in the running. For anyone who doesn't understand why that is you shouldn't even be taking part in this conversation.

I don't think Steam is wondersauce but it's impossible to make a case against it when they give genuinely good value to the consumer and most companies are awful by comparison.

52. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 23:48 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 23:08:
Blues tends to only be worth posting at for debates, and Valve not being the saints they pretend to be or the media treats them as is something I like debating.

The media doesn't really treat Valve any differently and I've never seen Valve portray themselves as a saint. You aren't saving anyone from the evils of greedy businesses and it's quite egotistical and patronizing to suggest that you're somehow needed to fulfill that duty. People know that Valve wants their money and that they aren't best buds. Valve just makes that money a bit differently than other companies in this industry.

If you want to stalk me and look up my post history on the GOG forums, my main "port of call," you would see I typically never mention Steam and defend it as no big deal when I do. In any event, as I said, continue to classify me as you like to suit your perspective.

Clicking on your user name and typing Valve into the search box is totally stalking. I don't classify you, the content of your posts does.

Secondly when it's all designed to breed the exact kind of loyalty shown earlier in this thread I don't take it as a favor.

Wait, it's designed to breed loyalty now? Valve is building a cult are they? I thought they just wanted to make money and don't care about anyone because they're a greedy evil business. It's a good thing you're here to deconstruct their master plan.

23. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 22:52 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:42:
Yes, Valve fucked my mom when she was depressed and vulnerable and now I am out for revenge.

That might explain your borderline obsessive number of posts on the company. If you want to call out other people for being a hypocrite that's fine but expect to be called out in return for your transparent posturing. Valve has been pretty consistent about making money in a way that pleases their customers over the years so your valiant crusade to inform the public about their status as a business that is out to make money isn't the eye opener you think.

It's a dumb decision, I hope they reverse this. Thankfully I don't plan on joining a class action against the company right now so I don't feel like I have to stamp my feet and uninstall Steam over a single minor issue that doesn't affect the products.

20. Re: Steam Precludes Class Action Lawsuits Jul 31, 2012, 22:33 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 22:24:
Quite different language there compared to what he just wrote. This is the Valve Love Hypocrisy Effect at work, rarely seen in such perfect form.

That is interesting. Almost as interesting as clicking on your name and searching for Valve which shows a staggering history of one sided opinions about the company. Usually followed by oh but i like Valve, I just treat them like any publisher who I happen to never rant about.

Gonna grab my popcorn while the I-Hate-Anything-Not-In-Retail-Box / I-Have-Unrealistic-Expectations-because-I'm-an-Entitled-gamer fanatics (They're not even fanboys at this point, they truly are fanatics) try to make this seem like Valve is every bit as dirty as EA.

One spotted already. This is a black mark on Valve for certain but it's hard to condemn them over a single mistake. They aren't even on the same page as a company like EA who has a long history of shitty behavior, this place would be on fire with people pissed off about it.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2012, 22:43.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
40. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 19:16 Dades

ASeven wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:38:
Confirmed, they hung up (or rather they took it offline) on GS. Wow. Fuck me.

http://www.twitch.tv/servot/b/326938076 46:20 in.

Wow. GS implying EA of financial fraud or, at the very least, number coloring on the report. This is going to end well. Holy fuck. This is big for those of us working in the financial world.

What are you talking about? The guy from Goldman-Sachs said it was fine to take it offline so that they could take him through the math. It was a really simple misunderstanding about how they reached an income estimate based on projections and you are making it sound like an enron accounting scandal.

News Comments > The Old Republic F2P This Fall
26. Re: The Old Republic F2P This Fall Jul 31, 2012, 18:27 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 18:23:
Good riddance. Bioware is responsible for some of the most striking examples of decline in the RPG genre. Unfortunately, with them losing big money now, they'll make their next games even more idiot-proof and even less interesting until they go out of business.

I think this was mostly created by Bioware Austin, Bioware Edmonton is busy crapping on singleplayer RPG games. Hard to imagine how things got this far.

News Comments > Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor
43. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 17:56 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 17:25:
I'm a huge fan of the STALKER series but it certainly didn't have better gameplay than Skyrim.

Apples and oranges, flawed comparison. The only thing they have in common is an open world setting.

I'd like to see a western development company take on the Stalker series but it's hard to imagine them getting the setting as close as GSC did. I hope the engine means Rage because that game had many faults but the combat was really taut and fun.

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo