Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes.
60. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 19:30 Dades

ASeven wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:53:
Dades wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:44:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:34:
it's amazing to me that there's such a hate for EA here though, every publisher is on the DLC/microtransaction bandwagon at this point. It's like you guys think it's only EA who does this sort of thing.

You spam this crap in every thread, get over it. People in general don't like EA, they were voted the worst company in America last year. It's not just this site and EA gives people a lot of good reasons to dislike them. EA doesn't just monetize something, they crank that shit up past the point of reasonable. So they are different from other companies and that's ignoring their reputation of running purchased entities and franchises into the ground.

http://i.imgur.com/JCLpemS.jpg

I posted that one a few weeks ago too, one of the best examples of a picture being worth a thousand words

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Beta Signups
45. Re: Meh... Jan 22, 2013, 19:28 Dades

sauron wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:23:
GW2 did it as well and are still doing so after release. Their devs post on the official forums frequently, answering questions and taking suggestions.

Not sure I could do that, for any MMO. Rabid fanbases for those games - people spend years (sometimes decades!) playing them.

Yeah, I think their success speaks for itself and the PvP community will keep those games going long after the PVE people burn through content patches.

Looking forward to the next expansion.

Not sure what to expect from this game, the trailers don't give you much to go on. I don't like auto atk WOW style shit so I hope that's not their approach here.

55. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 18:44 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 18:34:
it's amazing to me that there's such a hate for EA here though, every publisher is on the DLC/microtransaction bandwagon at this point. It's like you guys think it's only EA who does this sort of thing.

You spam this crap in every thread, get over it. People in general don't like EA, they were voted the worst company in America last year. It's not just this site and EA gives people a lot of good reasons to dislike them. EA doesn't just monetize something, they crank that shit up past the point of reasonable. So they are different from other companies and that's ignoring their reputation of running purchased entities and franchises into the ground.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
30. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 16:57 Dades

No tiles suck for the desktop, leave that trash for your phone or tablet where it makes sense. I like having multiple apps on the screen and the ability to freely resize them to make use of my widescreen display. Metro fucking blows, the only decent part of Windows 8 are the parts that are Windows 7.

The color theme is trash too, transparency was legitimately useful and their faded in color for backgrounds too often makes things seem to overlap on the desktop.

Watching people struggle to use Metro would be funny if Microsoft weren't pitching 20 years of knowledge away so that they can act like they're apple. How about some window controls like every other operating system that is used for the desktop?

48. Re: Dead Space 3: PC Enhancements? No. Microtransactions? Yes. Jan 22, 2013, 16:51 Dades

Shok wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 16:42:
I'm doubtful though after Diablo 3 and how everyone complained and bought it anyway.

I didn't, did you? Played it at friends and family, glad I didnt because it seems like I made the right decision with all of the buyer remorse. This game doesn't have the wide spread appeal of a blizzard game so it wont get 8 million casual sales so I wouldn't worry about it.

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
76. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 22, 2013, 07:24 Dades

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 22:46:
I can't imagine how I ever got the idea that these forums have been getting toxic lately.

Disney.com is just a link away.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
19. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 07:12 Dades

DDI wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 23:00:

I've actually no idea how good Windows 8 is, since the tile system is so unpopular no one even gets as far as talking about anything else. That's a pretty big fail right there.

Or people are too busy using it to comment but I'll take a moment. The new tile system is far faster to find, launch and organize applications than the old Start Menu.

The new tile system is a complete clusterfuck and totally unintuitive. The new price of Windows 8 starts at $120+, enjoy.

News Comments > Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III
62. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 21, 2013, 07:10 Dades

Reactor wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 00:00:
I've been around Blues long enough to have seen who's here. 'Tis a bit different from summing up millions of gamers.

I've been reading since long before I registered and you're wrong.

58. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 22:26 Dades

Reactor wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:14:
Blues may rock, but the place is still filled with the kings of bitching and moaning. Anyone who's been here for a long time will happily admit that. It's part of its charm ;)

Hmmm....

Gee, I don't think you managed to generalise enough there

One of these things is just like the other.

54. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 22:25 Dades

NKD wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:54:
Silicon Avatar wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 20:00:
Banning EA games from my library sounds more like a feature than a threat. It's sort of like a spam filter.

Shouldn't you guys be happy when EA shuts down games then?

The answer is: it depends but you knew that already.

29. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 17:34 Dades

Loss of all EA products, shit I guess that means I can't use Origin anymore oh fuck what will I do?!

News Comments > Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed
20. Re: Windows Grand Theft Auto V Listed Jan 20, 2013, 14:22 Dades

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 13:19:
Where towns/dungeons are a completely separate map. Great choice

You can't enter 99.91431% of the buildings you see in GTA4 and missions often take you to a different area so assets can be loaded in the background and script/triggers reset. Both games have an impressive amount of detail though.

52. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 14:17 Dades

nin wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 14:16:
Sadly, that's totally plausible.

I was being totally serious

50. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 14:14 Dades

Diablo 3 was a beta test for Titans RMAH, Jay Wilson is being move there to apply the important lessons they learned about monetizing gamers.

Maybe Chris Metzen will join him and we can again have a Blizzard game without a plot ripped from an episode of He-Man.

43. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 11:41 Dades

Reactor wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 10:56:
I must be in the minority for actually loving Diablo 3. :/

You're likely not- Blues is just the extreme whiner centre of the gaming universe. I agree the game isn't perfect, but even though I enjoyed 1 and 2 quite a bit, I'm getting just as much enjoyment out of playing through 3.

Maybe people were just really disappointed with the game. Blues rocks, you suck.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jan 19, 2013, 20:43 Dades

Dyack killed that company with his arrogance.

15. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 19, 2013, 20:32 Dades

Jay can dish it out but he can't take it? Why am I not surprised.

News Comments > Gas Powered Games Layoffs
37. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 15:51 Dades

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 15:36:
As a matter of fact, I do not work in the industry...any more. Not that it's relevant to my points in any way, but I spent over twelve years doing so. But thanks for pointing out the absurdity of making assumptions based on a few sentences.

Frankly, not one reason has been given to support the idea that the games industry somehow operates under different conditions than other industries. EVERY industry has to deal with changing conditions, failed contracts, and limited resources.

Good planning allows for that...poor planning does not do so...worse planning never even considers the possibility. The only thing debatable about that statement is the adjectives one chooses to use, the spectrum stays the same. Maybe you'd prefer "fantastic management can avoid laying people off, good management lays them off with warning, and bad management destroys the company." I fail to see any meaningful difference there...except how low or high you want to set the bar for "good". I prefer a higher target myself.

I agree with you, there is a fundamental problem in the gaming industry when a single failed product is almost certain death for a company. The publishers negate their own risk as much as possible by offloading work in contracts with developers and if developers want to break out of that mould then they need to interface directly with fans and start getting credit from banks and investors like the publishers do so that they can afford to fuck up once or twice.

The costs of development aren't going to shrink any time soon so they need to start applying management techniques from other industries otherwise they will just keep going in this stupid cycle and the industry will keep growing smaller as bigger players eat little ones.

The rise of Kickstarter, Steam and a much larger independent games movement is very promising but they need to stop treating Kickstarter as a method to fund every "Wild" idea they have. I love original works but you need to be in a good financial position to take a chance on them, maybe Kickstarting something recognizable from their back catalog would have been a smarter move and they wouldn't need to lay off so many people.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
8. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 19, 2013, 14:55 Dades

Netflix already places CDN nodes with ISPs and on popular peering hubs, it's not a congestion issue.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Jan 19, 2013, 14:48 Dades

shihonage wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 00:29:
I watched 3 seasons of The Wire, and couldn't stand it anymore after that. The sedated pacing makes Downton Abbey seem like an action blockbuster. Literally nothing happens for half a season.

It's not an action series. Plenty of things happen, they just don't hit you in the face with everything. The whole point is drawn out pacing, subtlety, character relationship webs and depth to build to a strong conclusion. It is strongly based on the observations of a Baltimore crime reporter so it is more akin to the mundane happenings of real life where bureaucracy and circumstance often prevent people from affecting real change. It's not for everyone but saying nothing happens makes you seem like one of those modern day conditioned procedural viewers who wants a climax every 43 minutes. It was an extremely nontraditional show airing on a cable network.

Like "Scarface", "The Wire" is one of those things people mention for some kind of mythical streed cred, which resulted in it being wildly overhyped.

Maybe people just like something and don't give a shit if you're impressed or not. By the way Oz went batshit insane after the third season but I kept watching because it was unique television and I didn't care if too many ridiculous things kept happening.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo