Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Community Beta
23. Re: Steam Community Beta Aug 17, 2012, 18:12 Dades

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 16:30:
Why don't they just call this Steam Facebook Beta? Since that's what it is.

A Facebook I might actually use then. I actually like social gaming, it's fun when people aren't super competitive about it. Steam is the only real platform where I do this kind of stuff too. I took stupid and funny screenshots to show a buddy, we organize gaming sessions and I look at what my friends are playing and even read their reviews from time to time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion
50. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 17, 2012, 13:56 Dades

Creston wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 13:49:
This case is the best I've ever owned. Once you see their solution for cable management, you wonder why no other case manufacturer came up with that (though some may have, I dunno), and you'll never EVER want to go back to a case without it.

Is it different than the Define series? I like Fractal cases but their cable management sucks compared to Corsair. They use cheap rubber grommets that always fall out as you're cabling and the bottom mounted PSU almost blocks off one of the ones needed. I like everything else about them though. Corsair has probably the best cable management setups in the industry but their cooling performance is always a bit iffy despite using large fans. I think their airflow setups are just flawed somehow.

48. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 17, 2012, 13:46 Dades

The thermaltake case looks like ridiculous LAN trash from 8 years ago though. I'd rather have a Corsair or Fractal-Design case. The Fractal Design Define R4 and Corsair 600TM are pretty nice. The Fractal cases are very quiet but still perform fairly well on cooling and are totally modular for most cooling setups. The Corsair 600TM is a bit noisier but has a lot of convenience features and decent cooling.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
29. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 17, 2012, 13:44 Dades

Jonny wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 11:11:
How are Pandas the lowest common denominator and cockney werewolves aren't? Are Jersey shore goblins respected figures from ancient mythology?

Who said anything about respected? At least it fit into the established universe for the game without needing a trailer aimed at ages 6-10 to sell itself.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews
5. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Class Previews Aug 17, 2012, 12:15 Dades

They are trying to fix their broken game but I have to give props because many companies wouldn't even bother.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic
25. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Cinematic Aug 17, 2012, 10:03 Dades

AnointedSword wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 01:34:
Woos people back to the game? Watch and I bet you that their subs will go back up when this is released. Where is the mass exodus you guys are talking about? Just because you and a few buddies of yours left the game doesn't mean half the world did...

Of course it will go back up, that's what happens when expansions go on sale. It's how long people stick around that matters, use your brain. The mass exodus was them losing 10% of their subscriber base (over 1.5M subs) in a single quarter or did you miss their financials last week?

There's no point bothering. It's been "lol Kungfu Pandas!!!" for the last year regardless of how monumentally boring that's got. Inevitably someone will escalate to "Pandas? lol WoW kids stuff now!1!! I r too manly and just too fuckin' cool for Pandas!!"

Maybe if they made an expansion pack that wasn't all about Pandas people wouldn't laugh at them for making an expansion pack all about pandas. Wow guys stop laughing at them for blatantly pandering to the lowest common denominator!! Hmm that requires more thought, lets analyze the predicament here.

16. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 22:36 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 21:46:
AMD cards are the only ones that still sound like jet engines. Since the GeForce 400 series, NVIDIA has actually been improving the power consumption and thermal output by a lot.

AMD has made some very quiet cards as well, I don't know what you're talking about with the 4xx series as they were widely considered loud and hot for the time. The 5xx series was a small improvement and the 6xx series is where they finally have made some strides in the higher end cards. The 670 and 660 aren't whisper quiet but they're acceptable although there have been some returns to due bearing whine. I'm talking about reference coolers here by the way, third party is a different story. You get any card under load and they're all fairly audible, headphones and a case with deadened panels goes a long way towards fixing that though.

I think Nvidia makes better reference cards right now but AMD cards are pretty crazy for overclocking and the driver situation seems to have stabilized quite a bit in recent months. It's nice to see things so tight in general, normally one of them is blowing away the other in some category but this generation has been pretty solid. The last round of AMD CPUs totally sucks though

8. Re: NVIDIA's Free Borderlands 2 Promotion Aug 16, 2012, 21:33 Dades

The 660 Ti seems like a raw deal to me. Most of the reviews I read were using FSAA instead of true MSAA and the card would likely underperform on the latter. A lot of reviews are also using factory overclocked cards which have little headroom to OC compared to something like a 670 or a stock 7950. The memory controller is asymmetrical and can't interleave, so 1.5GB of usable ram. Disappointing considering how much more capable the Radeon 7950 and the GeForce 670 GTX are. Pass.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
39. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 20:24 Dades

Saboth wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 18:03:
So Ubisoft DRM is coming to my PC in a more convenient form? No. Thanks. After the security fiasco, Ubisoft software will never reside on my PC. It's bad enough I have to log in to be allowed to play my single player games.

Yeah you'd have to be a fucking moron to install this spyware on your machine given how crazy Ubisoft has been with DRM and their general attitude towards PC gamers. Two weeks ago they had a remote executable security flaw. I'd rather pay more money to get their game somewhere else or better yet, just buy games from companies who have a good attitude towards their customers.

News Comments > Diablo III Wizard & Barbarian Changes Detailed
14. Re: Diablo III Wizard & Barbarian Changes Detailed Aug 16, 2012, 20:20 Dades

More like *yawn* Diablo III.  

News Comments > Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches
5. Re: Ubisoft Uplay PC Launches Aug 16, 2012, 16:29 Dades

1AngryGamer wrote on Aug 16, 2012, 16:18:
Countdown until Anti DRM Fanatics spam this news story....5....4....3...2....1...

How about just people who don't want another fucking digital platform?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 15, 2012, 22:25 Dades

DangerDog wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 22:19:
Is Windows 8 cheating on the faster boot time test? Are they booting to the desktop in Windows 8 or just to that stupid Metro start screen?

To the Metro start screen. Third party utilities are using a workaround right now but Microsoft specifically disabled both the code and the group policy objects to allow Windows 8 to boot to the desktop first. Metro is tied into more than the start button too. This will doom any small chance it had at corporate adoption.

News Comments > Into the Black
18. Re: Into the Black Aug 15, 2012, 22:22 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 13:36:
Waiting for a similar post to be directed at Space Captain.....

He can be annoying as hell but sometimes piercingly insightful when he decides to care about a topic. AnoitedSword is just a rude spammer who has nothing to offer.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
36. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 22:00 Dades

RailWizard wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 21:42:
You mean like the haste nerf? That totally never happened....

Haste needed to be nerfed, it was such a far away easy choice on items that it overrode the importance of everything else. They fucked up and had to fix it. Look at what that cost them, it was a PR nightmare and it sent many already disappointed players over the edge. They won't do that again, it's stated in that post why they are not doing it with legendary items.

News Comments > More Diablo III 1.04 Details
34. Re: More Diablo III 1.04 Details Aug 15, 2012, 21:38 Dades

RailWizard wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 21:05:
Still pissed legendary changes are not retroactive. I see NO reason for that at all other than blizz being the typical holes they always have been.

2 whole legendary items in all my time of playing, which I kept because while they are useless they are rare as fuck, so why not keep them. I don't have any legendary recipes, so the craft material isn't needed.Forced timesink is the only reason.

You can't retroactively change items from under peoples feet. Some of them paid money for them, it would be unfair and probably lead to a lawsuit. They also can't just give you a new version of an item without rerolling its stats which could make it worse for your character, this is mentioned right in the post. D3 sucks for many reasons but this isn't one of them.

News Comments > BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC
36. Re: BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC Aug 15, 2012, 07:26 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 15, 2012, 01:57:
You acting like anyone is forced to buy an entertainment media product, let alone an add-on to an entertainment media product, is probably the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

That's not what I meant conehead. I'm sorry that you don't realize that several large companies control the vast majority of content offered to customers in the first place. If you want content involving your favorite franchises and characters going forward it's going to be a binary choice because DLC encompasses more and more content in products. This combined with massive amounts of marketing means that no one has to be a forum minority to be upset about DLC, there is little anyone can do about it since its a high profit item that will make money on little sales.

News Comments > BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC
34. Re: BioWare on the Importance of Day One DLC Aug 14, 2012, 22:15 Dades

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 14, 2012, 13:30:
Why listen to sales data and consumer acceptance when you should be listening to the angry minority on forums!

Oh wait...

Of course DLC sales can be forced on customers, there are a few large publishers who control the majority of the industry. The only real impediment to that is physical retail distribution. People want to game, they are not going to stop gaming because EA keeps shifting more content to DLC. The whole reason DLC works is because the prices are not significant enough to anger customers. They won't stop buying until they overreach, it's a big market and most DLC is very high profit so even if a majority stopped buying it probably wouldn't be enough. So take your lectures about forum minorities and shove them.

News Comments > New Steam Community Features Coming
13. Re: New Steam Community Features Coming Aug 13, 2012, 17:24 Dades

Dev wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 15:46:
I could care less. What I want is the ability to sort and search through my games library better. Like showing me all co-op ones.

Put in a feature request for a Co-op or Multiplayer tab in the category column on their forums. Quite a few of the features in the latest build of Steam came from there.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2012, 07:29 Dades

Jerykk wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 04:36:
To each their own. A large part of Shivering Isle's appeal was that it wasn't just more of the same. It had a drastically different look than Oblivion and was a refreshing change.

7/10 isn't a good score these days considering most sources seem to use 8-10 as a scale. Many reviews also complain about an alarming amount of bugs and that the quest content it does add is very underwhelming even in the context of the original game. A few even go as far as calling it very overpriced for what little it delivers.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Aug 12, 2012, 17:43 Dades

Cutter wrote on Aug 12, 2012, 16:14:
Why are ebooks so damn expensive? Seriously.

They were cheap until about a year and a half ago when Apple decided to price fix with the publishers (google agency model ebook for more). Now a lot of books I bought for $8-12 are up at $16-20, the ebooks are often more than the hardcovers for fucks sake. All because the publishers are pissed at Amazon for beating them to the market and supposedly devaluing ebooks by selling them at reasonable prices.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo