Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
58. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 24, 2012, 07:20 Dades

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 14:46:
Well the Windows 7 article forgot one big point. Windows 8 is going to be far cheaper than 7, hence I think 8 will be far more popular than he thinks.

Oh and to all of you whining about Windows 8, if you took some time to get used to it, you would realize it is far superior to 7.

The price doesn't really matter, most computer users won't buy their own copy of Win8, it will be preinstalled. That $40 price is a promotional deal that has an expiration date. Why can't I toggle metro if I don't want their phone interface? Just even how you interact with it doesn't make any sense for mouse use.

No one said the start menu in previous versions of Windows was more useful necessarily, that's a different argument

Its better at making MS money by driving people to the store LOL.

This comment was edited on Aug 24, 2012, 07:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold
12. Re: 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold Aug 24, 2012, 07:11 Dades

DrEvil wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 21:25:
PHJF wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 21:13:
Nobody is going to give one cent for this worthless IP, by the way.

Actually, the IP behind the world itself is worth something. R.A. Salvatore and others spent a great deal of time creating an entire world and characters just for the game. The game itself barely scratched the surface of what was written and created for it.

Amalur was pretty standard and unremarkable, I'm not sure anyone cares about the world or characters. The creation of it might have cost money but the value is determined by what the public will pay for its products. The only reason Amalur shipped 1 million copies was due to EAs distribution muscle and an expensive advertising campaign.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition
17. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Aug 24, 2012, 07:08 Dades

Jerykk wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 22:55:
Terrible port. Render resolution is locked at 1024x720 (it just upscales to your selected screen resolution and looks like a blurry mess) and the framerate is capped at 30.

Thankfully, someone has already created a hack that lets you set the render resolution: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

Unfortunately, the framerate is still capped at 30.

Confirmed, this is the laziest port I've ever seen. Make code x86 and sure it runs, ok ship it!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
50. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 22:45 Dades

PropheT wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 18:06:
If nothing else it has set the level of expectations going into playing the game to a level that I'm not sure anything could really live up to. I haven't even followed the game and it's all I've heard about for months in chat while playing other games. It's part of why I bought it even though my beta impression wasn't positive...when something is built up that much it's hard not to go in looking for what's wrong with it, which pretty much guarantees a shitty time with a game.

Maybe I just don't follow the game as closely as other people but I haven't seen a big hype factor surrounding this since they started the beta events. I played in a few of the beta events and I didnt fall in love with the game but there was definitely a lot of potential. I think a lot of people get taken for a ride because they level a character to 6 and jump to the forums declaring that guild wars hasn't dethroned WOW because there are skills used like most other mmo games.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Edition Lives
8. Re: I Am Alive PC Edition Lives Aug 23, 2012, 22:37 Dades

The game is supposed to be really bad so thanks for that "favor" Ubisoft.  

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
47. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 23, 2012, 17:54 Dades

I have never seen so much wasted space as I did when I played around with Win8/metro. A few of the apps I tried had ads in them, how fucking crass is that. I don't care if its $4, $40 or $400, I'm not paying for a tablet interface I didn't ask for to be shoved in my face all the time.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads
42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launch Schedule and Client Downloads Aug 23, 2012, 17:50 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 17:03:
Is it really a surprise that you found things to like about the game after sinking, what, 50? 100+ hours into it? And you spent this amount of time on a beta version where your characters aren't even saved! Sorry, bud, but the only thing "measurable" is the fact that you're a biased fan.

Does anyone really expect every single person to 100% love this game? I thought your list of complaints had some very arbitrary items that could be applied to any MMORPG but at least you spent some with it and came to your own conclusions. There are certainly many things they could do better, I don't think this game is the Jesus of MMORPGs.

I'm sure if you ask someone who spent 100+ hours cutting themselves with razor blades, they'd easily be able to tell you all about why they enjoy it. Still a shit thing to spend your time on.

That person would be dead and not have any opinions

News Comments > Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future
5. Re: Jay Wilson Apologies for Diablo III Comment; Discusses Game's Future Aug 22, 2012, 20:56 Dades

Apologizing for making a dumb comment is fine but I don't doubt he had pressure from higher up after the public spectacle it became. Keep patching Jay.  

News Comments > Cuts at PopCap, THQ, and Funcom
3. Re: Cuts at PopCap, THQ, and Funcom Aug 22, 2012, 07:24 Dades

Unbelievable, EA can even fuck up a sure thing like PopCap.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
40. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 21:45 Dades

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 19:42:
Did I miss something? People whined that they couldn't level to 99, you are now leveling to 60, then can level to basically 99 via paragon levels. Isn't that pretty much what people were asking for...

The lack of a traditional MMO style end game wasn't even in most peoples top ten complaint list.

News Comments > Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year
28. Re: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Next Year Aug 20, 2012, 19:18 Dades

I hope EA hasn't ruined these guys creatively.  

News Comments > Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed
29. Re: Diablo III 1.04 New Paragon Endgame Detailed Aug 20, 2012, 18:30 Dades

1.04? This sounds more like Diablo 3 1.0 finally.

And, in the end, the big issue I have with it, is the extra magic find just means finding more trash... I hated how much of an inventory 'mini game' Titan Quest/Torchlight were (I don't remember D2 being as bad, but my 'youth' (and rampant obsessing) may be affecting that).

Titan Quest had an auto-sort button and Torchlight had pets that ran items you didn't want to town for money. You spent more time in your bags in those games because you were weighing the items value to your character whereas in D3 you knew 99.9% of what you find will be useless.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2012, 18:38.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Aug 20, 2012, 07:37 Dades

Windows 8 is garbage. Metro is heavily tied to the operating system and many traditional aspects of system functionality are first presented or only accessible through it now or by using scripts to access functions directly (restart, shutdown, multi-monitor, etc). The way it separates search results you search for is infuriating and Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to make it uncustomizable. Even the simple method getting a right click context menu in Metro requires scrolling to the bottom of the screen to access it. They did not dog food this at all or listen to user feedback. You can't release WinRT apps anywhere but through their shitty store and a few of the official Microsoft apps have fucking advertisements in them.

Windows 7 runs incredibly well and stable, particularly when you pair it up with an SSD. Windows 8 with Metro is a no go, no matter how fast it reboots.

This comment was edited on Aug 20, 2012, 07:43.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
36. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 20, 2012, 07:26 Dades

durandal wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 03:59:
...and here's the responses from Diablo 3 devs to David.
http://imgur.com/wfySr

"Fuck that loser" comment is from the Game Director. Shocked

Oh and Senior Technical Artist Harrington would like to *LIKE* that comment more than once...

Good thing they don't sound too butthurt and bitter about their own failures. He was responsible for Hellgate: London and criticized us!! At least he was trying something new and interesting instead of failing to replicate a dog simple franchise with a mountain of resources and unlimited time.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 19, 2012, 22:49 Dades

deqer wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 22:01:
Counterstrike Global Offensive is still #1? lol. Why are people buying this. lol

Yes, why do people buy great video games? Let's solve this mystery.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2012, 16:06 Dades

http://videosift.com/video/A-Look-at-Windows-8

Someone was asking about what Windows 8 is like in a previous out of the blue, I thought this video was a decent representation of how it's going to be for the general public. Ads in official Metro apps was an especially classy touch by Microsoft Rolleyes

PC Gaming > Guild Wars 2 Guild
4. No subject Aug 18, 2012, 16:05 Dades

Going to avoid an RP experience here, people tend to have all sorts of weird rules about speaking in character and etc. With a heavy emphasis on PvP in Guild Wars 2 I don't want to be worrying about stuff like that. Several of the big guilds from WOW are settling on Maguuma which is where I'll probably end up.  

News Comments > OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways
51. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 11:09 Dades

AnointedSword wrote on Aug 18, 2012, 07:33:
Nothing new here really. You have a left wing site that is lying their anuses off.

What does politics have to do with any of this?

41. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 18, 2012, 00:12 Dades

Closed Betas wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 18:43:
Your nuts, and you must only own 2 games... Try owning 500 and waking up going, oh sh*T

You don't own 500 games and I own more than 2. You're nuts if you think open licensing is a remotely realistic possibility in the future.

18. Re: OnLive Layoff Rumors; Indie Weekend Giveaways Aug 17, 2012, 18:15 Dades

There are easy workarounds to getting most games to run without Steam, its the multiplayer stuff that gets complicated. Worrying about a future where Steam goes down or decides to deny you access to your games is pointless, Steam isn't a one year idea incubated by Valve anymore. An event like that is extremely unlikely and competitors would be shitting themselves to make concessions to people estranged so that they could get their business.

I don't love digital services but streaming services like OnLive are even more dubious due to the total removal of ownership. Steam goes down I can rescue some of my library through backups or other methods. OnLive goes down and I've lost everything full stop, the only redemption method would be piracy. That's why I never want to see services like OnLive become viable until there is a method of ownership established somewhere in the process.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo