Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success
26. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 12:47 Dades

Some of the exploiters admitting this stuff are a riot.

Exivate: Support, My name in game is Exivate. Support ticket #120830-017863. I got banned as well and would like to request the ban to be reduced to a 72 hour and/or a 24 hour rollback. There are way to many vendors in the game with so many different prices for the exact same stats. I admit I spent thousands of Karma at that vendor, and enjoyed playing with the Mystic Forge to discover different item combinations. I full expected the servers to be rolled back when I saw the hundreds of people standing around this vendor and the forge.I did not equip these items, though I was of adequate level to do so. You only hand out a 72 hour ban to macroers/botters and a 72 hour ban to Kripparian for advertising in game exploits. These punishments do not equate. Let me know the results of your decision here or via email with my support ticket. You should have /killed this vendor when you saw it was incorrectly priced, not left it alive for over 8 hours.

ANet responds:

But if you expected a roll-back, you knew the situation represented an exploit. And yet you continued? You exploited 2,167 times. Two thousand one hundred and sixty seven times. We will not comment further.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Launches
33. Re: Steam Greenlight Launches Aug 31, 2012, 12:41 Dades

Dev wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 12:27:
Frijoles wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:30:
I figure it'll straighten itself up after a week or two when the trolls get bored and move on.

Oh and that happened in CS when? Its been going on 10 years and they are still there in the original game, trolls, hackers, griefers, etc.

There's a never ending supply of them, and since steam is ever increasing in popularity, as some of them move on, many more new ones will take their place.

CS is a game that people play together, Greenlight is not. Everything on the internet attracts trolls but hes just saying it will die down from the initial explosion, don't get your panties in a knot Olga Headphones

News Comments > Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play
7. Re: Gotham City Impostors Goes Free-to-Play Aug 31, 2012, 12:37 Dades

ViRGE wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:47:
This game just seems like a mess from start to end.

At least they dropped GFWL and went to Steamworks, it was just a total disaster before.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
18. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 11:11 Dades

WarpCrow wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 11:05:
Maybe they don't compete in your mind, but to me and many others they're part of the same genre and I play them for the same reasons. Just because it's played from the first person perspective and has guns doesn't make it any less of an ARPG.

Yep they're coming out around the same time and both asking for money from my wallet, that's competition enough. They don't have to be from the same strictly labeled genre.

News Comments > Steam Greenlight Launches
29. Re: Steam Greenlight Launches Aug 31, 2012, 10:52 Dades

John wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 09:48:
Dev wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 21:51:
They do not check or verify anything AT ALL.

You're right! Someone posted a flight sim where you fly into the World Trade Center! That is some BS there. They should at least glance over the games to make sure nothing like that gets submitted. At least most people are giving it negative comments and thumbs down..

It doesn't matter, the games don't automatically go onto the store just because people vote them. Valve still vets the submissions themselves.

9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 10:48 Dades

InBlack wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:40:
I tried GW2 at my store yesterday, it felt very similar to WoW, which was very dissapointing. I was hoping for more of Diabloesque or Age of Conan feel. The dynamic group events that I sort of 'fell' into were a disco-light button mashup where I couldnt make heads or tails of what was going on and consisted of me mashing my hotbutton keys. Its too much like WoW. Way too much. Skipping this one.

You have to play it for longer than 10 minutes to get a good feel for it. Looking at it on the surface it has a hotbar and some abilities so that looks like WOW or any other MMORPG but the similarities are only on the surface. The activities can be very chaotic in the newbie zones because its launch time and many people feel overwhelmed at first but it sinks in as you play more.

7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans; Sales Success Aug 31, 2012, 10:38 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:32:
How about this, first it was your fault GW2 to begin with. And since somehow you know who did it and if they will follow through, how about your program takes care of it and deletes the gains? I like how they think they can make the mob have morals like this, say "I'm sawries, I promises never again". It's still just a game Anet, sheesh.

Ok thanks for sharing your valuable input.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Aug 29, 2012, 18:12 Dades

Creston wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 16:44:
I love how everyone who is positive about Windows 8 basically says "With some work, you can make it almost like Windows 7!"

I already HAVE Windows 7. Why would I spend 40 bucks and extra effort to then wind up with something approximating Windows 7?

Windows 8 is going to be Microsoft's biggest flop yet.

Microsoft is flagrantly ignoring what people want to serve themselves here. They know people hate it and they don't care, they are just forcing it on people through the OEM market so that they can market compatibility and shout to shareholders that they finally have parity with the Apple of three years ago.

News Comments > UE3 on WinRT
19. Re: UE3 on WinRT Aug 29, 2012, 18:05 Dades

Tablets sit in the living room to look at Youtube and check email while watching TV. This is the market that everyone is hedging their futures on.  

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev
24. Re: Spec Ops: The Line MP Knocked By Dev Aug 29, 2012, 18:02 Dades

Did multiplayer make Spec Ops: The Line a lesser game? No.

According to the developers it did.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 29, 2012, 07:51 Dades

Flatline wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 03:10:
It's good hardware, but it's too little, too late. It's competing with smartphones and tablets that are pre-integrated into a customer's life to the point that PC sales are taking it up the ass, let alone portable consoles.

It's competing with Nintendo systems that are way cheaper and actually have unique games. I don't own one but I can see why people would, they have a ton of character franchises. What does the Vita have? Hot Shots Golf and Uncharted.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 29, 2012, 07:47 Dades

InBlack wrote on Aug 29, 2012, 05:16:
Here is a recomendation for all of you who consider themselves avid Blue's readers:

"Prince of Nothing" trilogy from R. Scott Bakker. Although these books are disguised as standard fantasy fare they are much, much more. One of the best new authors of SF or Fantasy (I cant decide what category this fall under) I have ever read. Can't recommend it highly enough...

I didn't care for those at all. They were filled with misogynistic claptrap and embarrassing garbage like demon rape. It's geopolitical fantasy fare disguised with new age prose, characters with the same voice and every single person is a political schemer right down to the dumbest peasant.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
10. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Aug 29, 2012, 07:42 Dades

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 21:54:
It really REALLY depends on who you talk to. Some wax nostalgic about how vanilla was so much better, how change is bad, et cetera...

Very true words. I came back after a year and a half, and I'm looking forward to the changes and the expansion, as it seems to be more of a shift back to the casual side. And seeing as how I'm not going back to raiding 9+ hours a week, I welcome that. But there's a lot of vocal folks that lament any changes that make the game easier in any way.

There is easy and then there is simplified and boring. Vanilla and the early expansions were very rough and unfinished but they had enough there to dig your teeth into. Long raids sucked, very few people will defend spending 5 hours a night repeating the same thing. I'm talking about the talent system and having some character customization. WOW has become a boring, diluted mess, making your character your own was a big thing and you can only really do that with gear now. I want to do more than play dress up and collect pets, maybe other people don't but that still sucks.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Launches
82. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 29, 2012, 07:15 Dades

What I really enjoyed in GW1 was the linear, epic story - it made it feel less of a grind. I hope GW2 still has that kind of thing; the personal story kind of sucks. I guess Anet can't have too many people not doing the dynamic stuff.

All of the personal storylines start to kick off the main story at about level 30.

66. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 16:37 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 12:34:
Their take on forums is overly protected. To me they won't open then up, because they don't want to hear it. Even though it is not that bad and there is a lot of good.

"The forums are closed at this time. We will open the forums as soon as we are able. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes."

I do not believe them.

They said many times that the forums will only be open for beta tests and the official launch. It's maintained by the same web services team who does the auction house and most of us care a lot more about that getting up and running. I can bitch at them on their forums about it later.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced
27. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Announced Aug 28, 2012, 16:32 Dades

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 13:58:
This is why I like to wait until there is a nice big bundle. Includes everything and the DLCs are actually nice to have on a first playthrough.

my .02

My thoughts exactly. $20 for Dawnguard and $5 for this is comical. I will pay $20 for all of the DLC packs later.

36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Launches Aug 28, 2012, 12:18 Dades

Turglar wrote on Aug 28, 2012, 12:04:
So is the fanboy honeymoon over yet? I want to hear the real dirt on this game.

What do you want to hear? I don't love or hate it, it's a pretty good game with some cool ideas. It's possible I'll feel different in a month but I can't imagine not getting my moneys worth out of it. I love the pvp in this game and I've never been one for competitive MMO shit.

My group hasn't run into any downtime or problems yet but it would be nice if they fixed the fucking auction house, it has not worked at all since launch. I don't know how you keep the game stable but fail at the auction house, fix it already. A lot of the crafting shit would be easier if you could use it.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
89. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 22:48 Dades

Looks like Dawnguard is getting a deserved drubbing down the list, hope to see it drop further soon. Mediocre content should not be rewarded.  

65. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 07:45 Dades

InBlack wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 05:23:
I wanted to talk about the new Counter Strike. All I have to say is what the fuck? Did the old CS feel so fast paced? Its sort of like Quake on steroids. At least from what Ive seen of the gameplay on youtube. Very very strange. Instant respwans, and sort of old school gameplay....nice and dandy but Im bored to tears with the insta deaths & insta respawns into the mass fray. Which brings me to Planetside2. Some of the gameplay videos look positively awesome, and others look really shit, but Ill give them the benefit of the doubt, signed up for beta. Hopefully Ill get in.

I haven't played that much Counterstrike but I remember it being extremely fast paced in the old versions if you played it on public servers.

I can't remember if we're still under NDA about Planetside 2 or not but I wouldn't worry about the quality of the game.

63. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2012, 07:29 Dades

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 27, 2012, 00:41:
Attacking someone because they like a game is down right pathetic. No matter what the game.

People forgive Skyrim for it's serve lack of quality, then you say use mods to fix the game. You people are hypocrites when it suits you, get off the high horse or be consistent.

No, you have it backwards and selectively read to suit your posts. Fans of the game are attacking other people for stating the truth about the quality of the port. Skyrim received many complaints about its PC deficiencies but the developers of that game shipped a full SDK in addition to providing significant post-release commitment.

The funny thing is no one complained about gamepads back in the day, or games clearly designed for a flightstick

No one said anything about gamepads now, gamepads are fine for some games but they are not the standard input method on the pc. I dont expect developers to redo their game to suit it but many put in less than a token effort.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo