Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > More Big Picture Details
8. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 10, 2012, 16:57 Dades

Optional nickname wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 15:53:
Fletch wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 15:45:
Steam gets consolized. Guess all we'll get from Valve from now on is crappy console ports.

Knowing Valve, they will cater to the PC market, so as long as they still exist, which they do. They are also going full steam ahead to get their products on TV, for family interactiveness, and I'm all for those games, like Rockband, etc.

Knowing the likes of EA however, they totally abandoned the PC market years ago, and have targeted couch potatoes.

I said this before, and I'll ask this again,

dear Valve, Gabe,

please make the next greatest and immersive simulator, i.e car racing game, make it televised, it's all good, but do make your own hardware for it, and smash through both Sony (GT5) and Microsoft (Forza), and you will get much much success with it. thanks!

Please consider medication.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow
6. Re: Valve Profile; Big Picture UI Testing Tomorrow Sep 9, 2012, 18:43 Dades

Any time I've submitted a support ticket with Steam it's been fast and painless but I've only ever needed to do that once or twice.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes
9. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patch Notes Sep 9, 2012, 17:24 Dades

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 15:00:
400 levels in your crafting profession, and even trying to get to 50 is a major fucking chore... Does anyone actually find it FUN that way?

Creston

You should be using discoveries to level crafting as much as possible, it makes it quite easy to level. I've leveled both of my trades with minimal grinding, the trade crafts are really well thought out. It's like everything else in Guild Wars 2, variety is key.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 9, 2012, 14:21 Dades

crypto wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 13:34:
Ummm, according to my update history firefox version 15.0.1 was installed Thursday September 6th at 8:30pm.

Chrome and Firefox background update now, I just discovered the same thing. You can disable it if you want to do it manually.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
49. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 9, 2012, 13:24 Dades

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 12:24:
Wasn't this the game where the developers openly admitted they didn't have a clue what they were doing with the PC port and that they wouldn't be bothering taking advantage of the platform at all? It really wasn't any surprise that the PC version was such a mess and that the game itself sold poorly.

THQ really needs to up the quality of their PC ports, as Space Marine was a complete mess as well (though the game itself was very fun).

No, that was Dark Souls.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
7. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 9, 2012, 02:38 Dades

Shok wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 08:05:
ALL the new kindle fires are ad supported.

Unless this article is full of shit.

I have a 1st gen fire and use it everyday. The new firefox mobile even has me surfing on it more now.

It looks like you were right but they finally backed down and said that people can pay the extra $15 to disable ads like the other Kindles.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
22. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 8, 2012, 22:25 Dades

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 16:27:
The game is way over-priced on PC for how bad of a port it is. I also question the rationale of a company that would release a game that could only be profitable with 2 million units sold.

They patched up a lot of the problems now. It's a much better game than the first although the story is still pretty mediocre. The PC version is definitely the best version to play. It's a decent game worth $40, nice combination of zelda, action and light rpg elements.

THQ really needed this game to be profitable, I hope Relic doesn't suffer as a result.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
155. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 14:19 Dades

Stanly Manly wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 13:43:
Because America is known for its role models, right? Jersey Shore comes to mind...

Pretty sure you've heard of his company before this thread. Pretty sure you haven't heard of 99.9% of those companies than other people have. No need to start exaggerating and throwing a hissy fit now that you've be beaten. Time to tuck tail and scurry off.

We've certainly heard of it now that hes associated it with creeping on female employees because he can't get any without a position of power. Not very manly now, is it? This is the douche you're defending little fella, not sure you really thought this one through. Stanly Manly, champion of the desperate and creepy weirdos, bravo!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks
30. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 8, 2012, 12:47 Dades

You can flame him like a simpleton, but imo WoW's graphics engine does a tonload of a better job in giving the player proper gameplay feedback. Not ONE crit, in WoW, goes unnoticed, for example. Wherein GW2 is exactly like SWToR in that regard.

A large box framed in bright red with huge numbers bolded is pretty hard to miss, that is your own problem. WOW has a combat log too precisely becaues you cannot possibly parse all of the incoming information in a group environment. WOW has a very cartoony engine and stylized graphics, you may prefer it to other games but it doesn't mean GW2 has bad graphics. People aren't generally hostile when someone offers a rational criticism of something instead of THE GRAPHIX SUX, so he's getting what he gave.

17. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 8, 2012, 01:19 Dades

Bhruic wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 01:11:
So now that people have had some time to play, how long a game is it? Speaking from a single player perspective, that is. I don't really have any interest in the PvP side of things, and from the sounds of it, there's no much else to do at max level? How long does it take to hit that point?

The average player? Likely 100+ hours or more. You can get a character to 80 in a really short time period if you know the best ways to level but most people won't do that. The PVP isn't like most traditional MMO PVP I've played, you should give it a chance. I'm enjoying it alot more than I thought I would. There are also dungeons and world events to do at 80.

150. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 01:11 Dades

Pretty sure owning your own company means things are working out pretty well for you

Oh a company, what a special person, no one has one of those. Yeah, having to throw yourself at your female employees in creepy ways is life working out very well. What fine role models you aspire to

Vroom vroom.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 8, 2012, 00:21 Dades

Shok wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 23:23:
I am a lot less interested in the new kindles after hearing you have to pay extra to remove the ads that will show up on the lock screen. wtf?

That's only in the ad supported version which costs less. The ad free versions are still available as always.

I'm more disappointed that they didn't include an updated model with physical touch buttons for page turning or an updated keyboard model.

15. Re: Guild Wars 2 Password Attacks Sep 8, 2012, 00:18 Dades

Quinn wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 22:07:
I'm not a Guild Wars fan at all. I wasn't when I bought the game and I still am not. In fact, I'm absolutely stunned why the reviews are so horribly possitive about the game while I was shocked the first time I entered the game. It's graphics are even uglier than the almost 8 years old World of Warcraft graphics;

I don't care if you don't like the game but the quote about graphics is complete horseshit. The game and environments are beautiful with settings turned up.

Yes, the magey types actually feel quite horrible in combat

They really come into their own later, elementalists and necros can be really devastating.

147. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 8, 2012, 00:10 Dades

Fact of the matter is this. Whatever you think of this Brad guy, he owns his own company, and he pays his employees and puts food on their families tables. I can assure you that if you were in his position, and you have some sandy vagina crybaby, whose paychecks you sign, tell you how to act, you'd be a bit irate as well.

It's funny, whenever someone starts off with Fact of The Matter, they are always full of shit and pushing some dumb agenda. The over compensation evident in your posts reeks of a basement dwelling dweeb whose concepts of social interactions and culture are derived from monster truck rallies and Hollywood movies. Enjoy your TITS OR GTFO attitude, I'm sure it will get you far in life, particularly with women who aren't paid to share your company. Look how well it's working out for Brad, two peas in a pod!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
14. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 6, 2012, 22:25 Dades

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 21:41:
Yes, you should be very surprised. Given the bad PR of the 360, how well they eventually fixed the problem (not how quickly)

That's some sugar coating if I've ever seen it. They denied it up and down for years and it took them over three years to fix the problem. They didn't do anything well, they did what they were required to do before the public went nuts. Their write down was worth a lot less than the market share they gained. There is no reason to believe they wouldn't rush to market again, they still have the exact same competitors. Buyer beware indeed.

93. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 22:03 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:31:
It's more than likely by state. Personally I've never heard of a human rights law other than by UN PC types, or from the example stated in this thread.

It was linked three times here already, it's both a federal law and a state law in every state. This is easily verified with Google. If you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend it doesn't exist to make some dumb political rant then go ahead but you are 100% wrong.

While we don't know enough to know if this ever happened in this particular case, I think it's a point worth mentioning that harassment laws are very clear that the behavior in question must have been called to the attention of the alleged harasser as being unwanted and viewed inappropriate by the harassed for it to be legally actionable

He indicated he would not change his behavior and alluded to a future hostile work environment, it's pretty clear cut. Then he went out on the internet and admitted it to the world. I don't see any wiggle room here for Brad Wardell. He claims she made everything up and sabotaged his game at random but his own correspondence says otherwise. I don't really care what his political affiliations are, it is despicable behavior.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 2012, 22:12.

53. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:17 Dades

Prez wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 17:14:
I'm not sure that what we've been told so far of the exchanges actually meets the criteria for being sexual harrassment (though it might, which is why I presume, the judge refused to dismiss the case outright), but it sure does meet the criteria for being extremely ill-advised unprofessional behavior. Not surprising given Wardell's penchant for acting less than professionally at all times.

Going by the letter of the law, it meets several different criteria of threatening workplace environment and sexual harassment. The complaint spells it all out more specifically and his emails are pretty damning.

49. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 17:14 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 16:52:
Remember the Politically Correct/Liberal crowd tends to like to make up reality as they go along to suit their views.

Civil Rights Act. It's not made up, this is high school stuff. I don't really vote with a party on everything as that just leads to idiocy, I vote based on issues but my record is mostly fiscal conservative by the way.

33. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 15:39 Dades

Still, Miseta will probably be found liable in some way for deleting the files, that's retaliation no matter what was done to her before, and affected a lot more people than just Wardell.

He has to prove it first and according to submissions at least some Stardock employees don't agree with his take on it. My personal take is that I find it extremely difficult to believe that this woman had the kind of access required to delete her user account, the on-site backups and the off-site backups. A software company in business for over a decade will have been burned once and have backups. She was a marketing person who didn't have much ability to directly affect the development of scrap heap that was Elemental. The timing of their suit, after Brad already took personal responsibility for what a mess the game was and after the game has been out for so long is highly questionable. Most people said it was probably a retaliatory suit in response to sexual harassment and on the surface that is exactly what it appears to be.

29. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 15:29 Dades

The moron is over on another forum defending his behavior, incredible. He broke multiple sexual harassment laws and now admitted it several times in a public forum, his lawyers must be hating him. There are a half dozen different threatening workplace and sexual harassment violations in the emails alone.

The ability to earn a living in an environment without prejudice, threat or harassment is considered a human right and is actual law in most modern countries and societies.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo