Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Game Reviews
29. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2012, 22:28 Dades

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 18:45:
Bordlerands was one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Gameplay was ridiculously repetitive, you spend the entire game doing the same thing you do in the first five minutes. There were literally only three enemies that you fought over and over and over again the entire game. The environment was drab and boring, there was no creativity whatsoever in designing anything you discover. And the bazillions of weapons were just randomized variations of themselves, see one you've seen them all. Story? Pfffttt, terrible. Also the most anti-climatic ending of all time. I have nooooo idea what all the fanfare was about. Yes you can play it with friends, which I did from start to finish, but we were both bored to tears the majority of the game.

I agree with you, I thought it was a really average and unfinished game. Enemy variety sucked, half of the weapon types were garbage and there was no actual customization. The funny writing abruptly disappears less than halfway through the game and you're left with the worlds blandest FPS. Play with friends seems to be code for shitty games that might be ok with beer. The ending after fighting the giant vagina monster was about the biggest gaming blueballs I've ever seen. Terrible game and its no wonder most of the reviews seem to say improvement over Borderlands, as if that was some unattainable goal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 16, 2012, 22:22 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 22:08:
Rationalize being lazy all you like but it doesn't change the fact you're completely wrong.

Yes, everyone is wrong except you because Montreal is definitely all of Canada. That's the ticket.

Rolleyes Rolleyes

14. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 16, 2012, 18:31 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 17:57:
As a matter of fact they actually do. Most people, however, are simply to lazy to do the legwork. So they just sign on with the major players like Bell or Rogers and end up taking it up the ass sans lube. And they piss and moan about it but somehow can't be bothered to shop around. And not only do I not have caps I pay $30 per month for the same service most of those lazy assholes pay $50 with their bandwith restrictions and caps. So don't roll your fucking eyes because you're one of the shiftless masses

Facts are not things to be invented because you need to cover up a very ignorant remark. Canada is a large country and acting like everyone has the same options as your geographical area is disingenous and incorrect. DSL resale is mandated but not necessarily prevalent and cable resale is still very much in its infancy. There are few capless providers in many areas and many people do not have access in the first place. I'm sure that you think such people should pull themselves up by their bootstraps and move or found their own ISP though Rolleyes

11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 16, 2012, 16:56 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 16:29:
Oh please. I've been with my provider for almost 10 years www.aei.ca and they have never had caps. There are many other providers out there who are the same. You simply need to get off your ass and shop around.

Everyone has the same options as you do obviously Rolleyes

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 21:23 Dades

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 18:35:
The N64 was shit. The Virtual Boy was better than that thing.

The N64 was quite decent and definitely better than the Virtual Boy. Goldeneye, Mario 64, Blast Corps, Wave Race, Perfect Dark, etc.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Sep 15, 2012, 12:48 Dades

I believe in paying a fair price for a system, not $300+ because you included a $150 tablet controller that I have no use for.  

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Sep 15, 2012, 11:44 Dades

That is why you don't hire Hollywood talent to do game trailers, that was awful.  

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
40. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 15:25 Dades

People gotta talk about something while they're downloading. I'm not buying Borderlands 2 and I won't ever watch that show, it looks dumb.

I'd rather talk about Mad Max and his predictions but it looks like we played that out.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
59. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 14:21 Dades

Creston wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:55:
I knew about combos, but I will readily admit I didn't know you could combo with yourself. Though since you'd need to get two skills specifically to line up this one combo, and usually the results last a few seconds, I do wonder if it's really all that useful?

Is this something you could set up by yourself to apply to multiple enemies? If so, then that'd be pretty awesome.

Thanks to Verno and NewMaxx who also linked to the same article(s)!

Creston

It depends on the situation, many of them aren't worth the setup in solo PVE content. Like NewMaxx and Verno mentioned you should learn them for grouping purposes. Some of the dungeons are really rough if people just trait for DPS and don't use combos, cross-class or self initiated. Things like Blind and Weakness can make a huge difference in group survivability, they help even out incoming damage which is very high in dungeons.

News Comments > Black Mesa Released
10. Re: Black Mesa Released Sep 14, 2012, 13:19 Dades

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 13:17:
Seven years later and they FINALLY release something. Congratulations.

How does crow taste, exactly?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 13:18 Dades

The standalone controller is $172 in Japan, remove a modest profit margin from that and nearly half the cost of the system is still that stupid tablet wannabe.  

44. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 12:55 Dades

If yall are done with the other shit.. I am giving up on my Elementalist, I feel like I'm getting carpal tunnel from switching elements so often and the survivability really sucks. This class never really clicked for me, the abilities are so spread out that it feels like you have 28 skills instead of 9. PVP is a total clusterfuck, I just drop aoe everywhere and ride the lightning to avoid being gibbed by warriors and thieves.

Is engineer or ranger any good? I didnt like ranger in beta but maybe its changed.

36. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Sep 14, 2012, 12:43 Dades

I don't know why you guys keep replying to Axis, he shits up every Guild Wars thread. Understanding combo fields and finishers is pretty basic stuff, he's just being a knob.

It isn't well explained in game so expecting people to just automatically know is totally retarded, so many of them depend on interactions with other classes. It's really difficult to observe in events because the game is heavy on particle and shader effects.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 14, 2012, 07:31 Dades

The Xbox 360 launched with hits like Perfect Dark Zero and Kameo so it seems like Nintendo is off to a good start.  

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
93. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 14, 2012, 07:27 Dades

Holy wall of shit spam, so people who like the game, what's your least favorite class and why?

I can't get into the Ranger. Pets seem weak and I didn't like the weapon skills at all, seems like they should have Rifle.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak
23. Re: Diablo III Patch Sneak Peak Sep 14, 2012, 07:25 Dades

descender wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 02:12:
Poor itemization in BL2 will be the first thing (Well, one of the first things... I'm sure...) everyone starts complaining about. 87 bazillion weapons and 12 good ones, just like the first game.

No, it'll be fine. They buffed the weapon classes and changed a lot of the modifiers so that everything is more useful. It's not like the first game where you had 5 different weapon types that were a complete waste of time.

86. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 22:47 Dades

Who needs things like story, pvp, unique events or world completion? Obviously what this game needs is hundreds of identical daily quests and 100 armor sets to collect until the next content patch resets player progress to zero.

Rolleyes

84. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 21:45 Dades

BobBob wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 19:42:
MMOs are the cigarettes of gaming. They are bad for your life and the 'second hand smoke' pollutes the industry.

Get out.

News Comments > First Steam Greenlight Selections
30. Re: First Steam Greenlight Selections Sep 11, 2012, 19:12 Dades

Mad Max RW wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 17:08:
I get amusement riling up the children here so easily. Look at that last post. Two or three replies and this place exploded. The precious little defenseless Black Mesa mod must be protected from the big meanies. Love it.

It reminds me of the DNF fanboys...

Are you on drugs or something? It's a free fucking mod, not Justin Bieber.

News Comments > Steam Big Picture Beta Begins
7. Re: Steam Big Picture Beta Begins Sep 10, 2012, 22:26 Dades

Overon wrote on Sep 10, 2012, 21:41:
But you still need a pc to play right?

Yes.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo