Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

Hardware > Oct 2012 Rig Build
9. No subject Sep 30, 2012, 02:22 Dades

Current OCZ power supplies are very low rated for reliability, you might want to get a Corsair modular one or really any other quality name brand. In general its better to spend a bit on a decent power supply, its the one component that can affect every other one in your system. I'd sub out the Kingston HyperX for a Crucial M4 as well, the M4 is very mature and well backed by firmware updates. Build looks good otherwise, enjoy your new rig.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2012, 01:03 Dades

Uncharted is training wheels for Tomb Raider.  

News Comments > Torchlight II Development Video
10. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 00:58 Dades

RailWizard wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 00:14:
If blizzard had any brains they'd rehire these guys, remake D3 and give it away as an apology. That's about what it would take at this point....

It's funny because Torchlight is weak where Diablo is strong: production value, polish and some quality of life adjustments. Diablo is weak where Torchlight is strong: map randomization, overdone story, loot tables and drops.

It is really one of those cases where they just need to get over themselves and merge so they can go back to making the best possible game for the players. Blizzard is cashing in on the name but the game has no soul, Torchlight is the game that could but needs a bigger budget and more professional polish.

At least I love TL2, quite fun and I'll get a lot of replay value out of it. Can't say the same for Diablo 3.

News Comments > Torchlight II Development Video
3. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 29, 2012, 20:42 Dades

I heard from my marketing buddy Praxis that this is way better than that Path of Exile game, can't wait to check it out! Allthumbsup  

News Comments > Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing?
67. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 17:35 Dades

Deathbishop wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 17:32:
The story has already been updated to reflect sales of 4.5 million if you account for digital sales. I wouldn't use the word 'disappointing'. Ask any other MMO developer (or any game for that matter) for 4.5 million sales, I think they'll take it.

That's an estimate of total third quarter sales by a different analyst. It is not actual sales, just his guess of how it will end up at the end of that quarter including both retail and digital.

Actual unit sales are important but I think it will be more interesting to see if this causes a surge in subscription numbers and if so, do those people stick around longer than a month.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
11. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 17:11 Dades

dj LiTh wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 16:03:
I'll say it as well. TL2 is pretty boring indeed. Not happy with the state of d3, but to say that TL2 is better is just being jaded and having no clue about better ARPG's that came before such as Titan Quest. On its worst day d3 beats TL2.

Have to disagree because while I think it's far from perfect, TL2 is a better pure ARPG than D3 on its best day. The terrible randomization, weapon damage based skill system and so on make it a really boring and linear game. There is a lot of quality of life stuff in D3 that I wish other games had but that comes from the big budget approach. I still think Diablo 2 is the best ARPG ever made and no current game surpasses it. Maybe Grim Dawn, let's hope one of these hits it out of the park.

65. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 16:33 Dades

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 16:10:
The average computer is a moron, everyone knows that. It doesn't matter if its Blizzard or ArenaNet who makes the game, people will get themselves hacked.

Well some of the folks here didn't know that, no matter how many times myself and others pointed it out...they insisted it was blizzards fault, and they couldn't possibly have been compromised.

There was a huge volume of hacked accounts and Blizzard had to publicly admit the account database was compromised. For right or wrong it's not hard to see why people thought that.

63. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 28, 2012, 15:35 Dades

nin wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:13:
I love it when blizzard accounts are compromised, the problem is clearly on blizzards end, and they're fucking evil. Yet when GW2 accounts get compromised, people here can't say enough nice things about anet.

The average computer is a moron, everyone knows that. It doesn't matter if its Blizzard or ArenaNet who makes the game, people will get themselves hacked. The majority of hacking problems are related to personal computer or account weaknesses but Blizzard had a very public network intrusion where the complete account tables were copied so automatically blaming the users was really shitty.

I love that this thread is all about shitting on Blizzard and sheepishly agreeing with the sensationalist news, but when there's a story about how PC games sales are dying, and 99% of the thread is 'OMG, no they're not, digital!!!'...

The sales would likely be disappointing even with the digitals totaled in is the point, it's not to disparage Blizzard by misusing the sales figures. I'm sure many people bought the game digitally but I doubt this expansion sold as well as the previous one for many reasons.

22. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 21:53 Dades

n3farious wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 21:03:
Fuggin trolls. I'm sick of the kung fu panda references. The 'Pandas' have been part of the lore long before either movie came out.

Maybe they shouldn't have a giant fucking panda as the mascot for the expansion then. The pandaran were an amusing offshoot in the RTS games, not something I want them to build an expansion around in an MMORPG. The lore excuse is wafer thin, there are dozens of more suitably fleshed out locales and races. This is pandering to the casuals, too bad for Blizzard those people are dicking around with Facebook games and cellphones now.

2. Re: Mists of Pandaria Sales Disappointing? Sep 27, 2012, 20:24 Dades

I am shocked that the kung fu pandas expansion did not get the fan base excited enough to buy a copy, shocked!  

News Comments > Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt
83. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 20:04 Dades

Enough with this BS made up crap for reasons to justify not wanting Windows 8. All theses complaints about "closing" the system are completely invalid. It is only adding another method of acquiring content, in a more secure and controlled manner. NOTHING is being closed down!

You cannot install unsigned apps on RT/ARM for starters, this is not a made up thing, it is a reality. Forget that for a second, the microsoft store will not take submissions unless they are signed and certified. Non-WinRT apps can only be submitted in the form of a website link and will be only legacy supported going forward. If you don't think that non-WinRT apps are going to be as deprecated as possible then you aren't even trying, there is a reason Metro is the locked in startup option without even a toggle to disable.

To act like this is no big deal and call people paranoid when even Microsoft itself labels Windows 8 one of their biggest gambles ever is really dishonest. Many companies feel that closed software platforms at the future and Microsoft is increasingly taking such a stance. Windows 8 is the first step in that direction and that's why people are frustrated. Most people would be happy with Windows 8 if Microsoft would preserve user choice and options instead of continually extinguishing it to play catch up with Apple and Google.

It's not just about disliking Metro, it's a complicated issue. Development resources are going to go where the eyeballs are and if Metro/RT are the defacto standard by forced adoption then it will move in that direction. Corporate legacy will only hold up that process for so long. I agree that a walled garden is fine for the average user but if it means that one day I have to jailbreak my own operating system then I'm going to bitch on the internet about it whether you like it or not.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2012, 20:20.

76. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 18:25 Dades

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2012, 17:20:
Me?
I don't know what I'm protesting. iOS and Android suck for most things. It's nice to see someone trying to change that. The change is not convincing, and it may come at the expense of the desktop, but I've called this a hail mary in the past.

Protesting anything negative about Microsoft apparently. The change is not convincing because it's not a change, it's Microsoft parroting their competitors yet again and this time they're impeding desktop users in a misguided effort to force their way into a market.

I don't see much damage to the desktop because the mainstream coverage of WP8 is absolutely glowing

What little mainstream coverage I've seen has been neutral at best, iOS and Android grab all of the headlines.

72. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 17:15 Dades

Me thinks he doth protest too much.  

66. Re: Notch Knocks Win8: Minecraft Certification in Doubt Sep 27, 2012, 16:45 Dades

Surface will suck like Microsofts other 20 mobile efforts, Windows 8 would be fine if they would let people turn off Metro but they want everything like their shitty Xbox. If Microsoft gets its way then you'll all be installing locked down, shitty iOS style apps from their stupid store while they slowly gut the supported devices and pare down until RT/ARM is all thats left standing.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
3. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Sep 26, 2012, 13:31 Dades

briktal wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 13:17:
BobBob wrote on Sep 26, 2012, 12:40:
When does the official anti-grind and stop-wasting-your-time-and-money patch come out?

They tried adding that to Diablo 3 and everyone hated it.

Diablo 3 is a huge grind.

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches
41. Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Launches Sep 25, 2012, 14:28 Dades

Yakubs wrote on Sep 25, 2012, 13:20:
Knock the Panda crap all you want, at least WoW fills its zones with quests. As opposed to Heart symbols spread randomly around the zone with menial tasks attached.

WoW is one of the biggest offenders of menial tasks, giving them a different label is just semantics.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
61. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 23:37 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 21:45:
From what I'm hearing, Torchlight 2 doesn't need to be saved.

Yeah its a great game, totally made up for the disappointment that was Diablo 3. It doesn't have the AAA production value of that game but the enjoyment factor is there and that's what matters. Loads of replay value and modding support, it will hold me over until Grim Dawn no problem.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 19:49 Dades

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 19:29:
The map system that PoE stole from TL1? Granted PoE improved the idea a LOT, but as far as I know, TL1 did the basic version of it first.

Yep confirmed, just loaded up Torchlight 1 to double check. All ARPG games are heavily derivative anyway.

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Sep 23, 2012, 19:07 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 18:42:
Yeah, it doesn't have anything to do with trying to be at all professional, it's all about entitlement. Once again we see you trying to rationalize away laziness.

Complaining about having to make a few extra clicks to delete a free enthuasiast modification is rationalizing laziness. It took longer to post about it than it did to actually do it.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 23, 2012, 16:18 Dades

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 13:46:
It is worth it. In fact, I think if you play BL2 anything BUT solo you lose so much of the flair this game has it completely destroys it. You will never find the easter eggs, hidden references and hilarious dialog scenes you can stumble upon in coop, worse, in coop you will never meet a real challenge until you reach level 40+ (at this stage, enemies become extremely varied ;p)

Stop playing with people who rush. No reason you can't see everything in a co-op game, its all about who you play with.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo