Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Workshop & Scripting Enhancements Coming
3. Re: Left 4 Dead 2 Steam Workshop & Scripting Enhancements Coming Sep 22, 2012, 12:06 Dades

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 05:34:
Try making a new game Valve. Go on, dare you. Try some new IP

Valve has a pretty wide variety of IP compared to many other developers. Counterstrike, L4D, Portal, Half-Life, Team Fortress, DOTA, etc. Many developers have only 1-2 things they work on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
74. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 22, 2012, 11:24 Dades

*No modding allowed in D3--at all, whatsoever. Horrible management decision. As an example, Skyrim wouldn't be half the game that it is without the community mods that have flourished for the game. T2 will, of course, allow and encourage modders, but D3 will not allo community mods.

This is just a by product of the online only functionality. Diablo 2 didn't really allow mods, users were just familiar enough with Blizzards packing/file formats to play around. I don't think they ever really were interested in modding for Diablo games, I don't recall them ever publishing user creation tools or an SDK like they did with the Warcraft games.

I agree with you about the rest, it's a great little game that gets a lot of stuff right that Diablo 3 did wrong. A few haters and sycophants who want to push their own game will troll but Torchlight 2 delivered on the devs promises, its a big improvement from the first game and more importantly picks up the slack where Diablo 3 fell short.

72. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 22, 2012, 08:49 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Sep 22, 2012, 01:07:
I think a major reason TLII reminds people so much of Diablo 2 aside from the obvious being the same genre type of game, is it's like the ripped half the music and sound effects right from Diablo 2. Seriously listen to the musical arrangement during act 1, It's like a rearranged Diablo 2 Act 1 with some of the melody actually identical in spots.

Same thing with alot of the spell sounds/contact sounds, pretty much identical to Diablo 2. It's like after these guys got the axe at Blizz north they took the source code for D2 with em to reuse later

It's the same sound designers who worked on Diablo 1 and Diablo 2. Many of the sound effects were actually stock sound footage and the music is just Matt Uleman's style. It's a budget priced game that competes with Diablo 3 on features and gameplay, I am pretty happy with it.

News Comments > Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer
20. Re: Blizzard Sep 21, 2012, 23:59 Dades

eunichron wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 23:08:
Neither was TF2 before it went F2P, and now it's Valve's biggest cash cow. In fact I think Valve's own figure was a 1200% increase in revenue just from TF2 going F2P.

So what? He made it sound like they needed to get cashflow from somewhere, as if they were struggling. That's not the case, it was a very successful product. If they want to do this out of greed to make even more money then that is certainly their right but people painting them in any other light is ridiculous. I don't like products I've paid for going F2P without compensating players unless there is no other alternative. Then there's a myriad of gameplay related reasons why F2P can be bad in the hands of a greedy company but others have covered that.

News Comments > Sleeping Dogs October DLC Details
6. Re: im listening... somewhat Sep 21, 2012, 22:47 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 21:29:
Still looks awful.

It's a great game and the PC version looks solid.

News Comments > Blizzard "Looking At" F2P StarCraft II Multiplayer
14. Re: Blizzard Sep 21, 2012, 22:37 Dades

Dagnamit wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 22:32:
you guys say monetize like it's a 4 letter word, but forget that free 2 play means that they have to get some cash flow from somewhere. I sure as hell don't work for free. Do you?

Starcraft 2 is not a free product, they got their money already. Several million copies and counting.

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming
48. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Notes; PTR Coming Sep 21, 2012, 22:26 Dades

s1mon75 wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 19:54:
Seriously, you like TL2 go play that and leave the adults to continue the discussion about D3 and its direction moving forward.

All 2 of you. No one else is playing it here, they fucked the game up and most people won't come back without an expansion.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event
4. Re: Mass Effect 3 Weekend Event Sep 21, 2012, 22:24 Dades

Every weekend is an event for these guys, it kind of loses its meaning when you do that.  

66. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 20:22 Dades

Axis wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 20:13:
Look its little Dadee's Tantrum, someone get him his peepee pacifier before he cries!

Guess you're just pissed GW2 didn't turn out to be your next WOW and I was one of the few stating so while kids like you cried troll. Grow up, butthurt is for babies.

I don't like WOW and don't care if you like Guild Wars 2 or not. This is a topic about Torchlight 2 that you were trolling, I'm finished embarassing you so adios.

64. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 20:02 Dades

Axis wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 19:52:
Dades, always an asshole to whomever thinks his AMAZING game isn't as amazing as his boyhood dreaming wants it to be.

Guilty as charged, I'm always an asshole to dipshit trolls. Your back handed compliment comparing something to a childs game was as idiotic as it was obvious little boy.

62. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 19:29 Dades

Axis wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 15:49:
Game is ok, my son will enjoy it's simple style and skills on wheels.

My son would never grasp PoE - thats the game for us hardcore arpg'rs.

POE isn't very complex so I'm sure it will be just fine for your imaginary son.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
10. Re: Modem off? Get Charged for Usage by Cogeco Anyway Sep 20, 2012, 22:58 Dades

Quboid wrote on Sep 20, 2012, 15:05:
Just because you have options doesn't mean others do.

He seems to think the world begins and ends at his doorstep.

23. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 22:42 Dades

This is like what Diablo 2 was to Diablo. I can't believe how much they improved and added. The new classes are really interesting and I can customize a character instead of playing some cookie cutter WOW style build. Fucking hats off to these guys, they out Diablo'd Diablo 3.

So what kind of changes did they make to the skill tree since the beta? The beta tree was kind of boring because most of the upgrades were just like +5% to whatever. Yawn. I hope they made it more interesting since then.

It's been completely revamped and redone, its a ton of different abilities and all of the trees on the Engineer I picked looked really fun and interesting. They rehauled a lot of stuff after the feedback from beta and fixed all of my complaints. It is really like a proper Diablo game now.

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Game Reviews Sep 19, 2012, 22:13 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 15:44:
Yeah, after all this time BM is a pretty huge letdown. 6+ years for what exactly?

It was more like 8 years but it was 8 years for a bunch of people in different countries around the world to do this as a mod in their free time. For what exactly? Remake one of the best games of all time in an entirely different engine as a hobby project.

News Comments > Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced
59. Re: Dragon Age III Inquisition Announced Sep 17, 2012, 17:09 Dades

Can't wait to defend an area filled with waist high crates from unending hordes of darkspawn while I spam the same 4 abilities over and over. Dragon Age Multiplayer: some fanboy will defend this shit.

Cap off a shitty game with some shoe horned multiplayer the way that only EA can.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
26. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 17, 2012, 07:36 Dades

Creston wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 00:49:
Finally, before they became Gearbox, Pitchford was one of the main guys at Rebel Boat Rocker, and was literally one of the worst fucking loudmouths in the entire industry, who pissed off entire slews of other devs and fans in the process.

He still never shuts up. Try to watch any preview where hes present, he natters away the entire time, you can't even enjoy whatever is happening on screen since he has already started describing it in ridiculous detail.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
31. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 17, 2012, 07:30 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 17, 2012, 00:58:
Pick any city in Canada and you can find an unlimited ISP.

No you are wrong, you can't simply pick any city in Canada and get unlimited internet. There are way too many geographical limitations and availability issues to make such a statement.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
19. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 22:31 Dades

Fantaz wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 19:35:
I mentioned in the Borderlands 2 IGN review comments section, but I suppose I'll ask here also: When I see RPG/FPS I think Deus Ex/Bioshock. I loved System Shock co-op, wondering will I get a similar experience?

These games have little RPG elements to speak of, they are implemented in the most rudimentary way. If you want an FPS/RPG hybrid, look elsewhere. This is really just a shooter with some grinding elements tacked on.

News Comments > Game Reviews
29. Re: Game Reviews Sep 16, 2012, 22:28 Dades

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 18:45:
Bordlerands was one of the most overrated games I've ever played. Gameplay was ridiculously repetitive, you spend the entire game doing the same thing you do in the first five minutes. There were literally only three enemies that you fought over and over and over again the entire game. The environment was drab and boring, there was no creativity whatsoever in designing anything you discover. And the bazillions of weapons were just randomized variations of themselves, see one you've seen them all. Story? Pfffttt, terrible. Also the most anti-climatic ending of all time. I have nooooo idea what all the fanfare was about. Yes you can play it with friends, which I did from start to finish, but we were both bored to tears the majority of the game.

I agree with you, I thought it was a really average and unfinished game. Enemy variety sucked, half of the weapon types were garbage and there was no actual customization. The funny writing abruptly disappears less than halfway through the game and you're left with the worlds blandest FPS. Play with friends seems to be code for shitty games that might be ok with beer. The ending after fighting the giant vagina monster was about the biggest gaming blueballs I've ever seen. Terrible game and its no wonder most of the reviews seem to say improvement over Borderlands, as if that was some unattainable goal.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
22. Re: Sunday Metaverse Sep 16, 2012, 22:22 Dades

Cutter wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 22:08:
Rationalize being lazy all you like but it doesn't change the fact you're completely wrong.

Yes, everyone is wrong except you because Montreal is definitely all of Canada. That's the ticket.

Rolleyes Rolleyes

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo