Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
37. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 16:06 Dades

Alamar wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:24:
I'm also curious about the two month drop off, but for GW2... Seems every second day, I see a new thread of many posts of people (finally) realizing it's the same ol...

Total opposite experience here, GW2 is one of the few MMOs going strong after the first wave drop offs. Most of my guild is intact and people are very favorable when discussing it, here and elsewhere.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
30. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 4, 2012, 07:07 Dades

Crustacean Soup wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 00:10:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 20:13:
hahahaha "you made the game better - so we will ban you!"
The anti-cheat tools pick up things that mess with DX calls, it's not like they're targeting this specifically.

Anti-cheat tools, Battlefield 3, aren't you a joker.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details
1. Re: Assassin's Creed III Season Pass Details Oct 3, 2012, 20:48 Dades

Assassin's Creed III downloadable content will feature "The Tyranny of King Washington," an all-new single-player campaign told through three episodic content packs that lets gamers experience an alternate history of the events following the American Revolution.

The DLC has DLC this time. Amazing.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
9. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 20:47 Dades

There is always a great business model for good singleplayer games, I thought Rob of all people would understand that. This leaves me little hope for future Blizzard games like Warcraft. The RTS, not the MMO.  

News Comments > DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod
5. Re: DICE Warns of Bans for BF3 Color Mod Oct 3, 2012, 20:44 Dades

Bhruic wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 20:12:
I'm not sure which is funnier, that DICE thinks people are worried about getting caught cheating in BF3, or that they finally think they are going after cheating by banning people who change the colour.

They might ban them like the rest of the cheaters. Except for that whole banning part, stern words though! STERN WORDS!

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 3, 2012, 07:01 Dades

Dirwulf wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 05:38:
Morgan19 wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 11:47:
I am. I made 8 characters at launch (one for each class): my ranger main is around 50ish, with the next several closest near 20. I've found that if I get tired of doing stuff with my main a quick switch to an alt (and therefore a fairly big switch in playstyle, location, and level) can often help that feeling. I stick mostly to PvE but have jumped into a couple PvP and WvW matches to mix things up.

How did you make 8 characters with only 5 character slots? Maybe you have 2 accounts...

You can buy more character slots mr internet detective.

News Comments > More Project Eternity Goals
17. Re: More Project Eternity Goals Oct 2, 2012, 15:52 Dades

I don't think they don't even have chip cards in the US, last time I was there they were still accepting swipe credit cards. You might as well be talking Greek to them.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 2, 2012, 15:49 Dades

PropheT wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:46:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 10:23:
Chrome may lose another user soon, I'm considering going back to Firefox after their recent appearance modifications. They increased the blank space between entries in the bookmarks.

I haven't noticed any change with bookmarks at all. You sure there's not something else going on?

Been using Chrome for at least a couple of years now, Firefox feels clunky in comparison.

Switched to Chrome for awhile, went back to Firefox. I had been carrying this old Firefox profile that was years old with a lot of extension shit in it.

Once I made a new one, got a few extensions installed and it was as fast as Chrome and way more customizable. Chrome doesn't seem to have any upsides on the newer versions of Firefox since its app functionality is more limited and the speed advantage has been erased.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Patched
25. Re: Guild Wars 2 Patched Oct 2, 2012, 15:47 Dades

Still playing it, still loving it. Best $60 I've spent in a long time.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
114. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 2, 2012, 15:37 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 15:30:
This is what I mean by twisting. Name one instance where I said I'm against gay marriage? I'll give you a hint, I never said that. I was nothing more than debating the need for this particular con since I don't remember reading any outbreak of anti gay slurs at gaming conventions in the past. Not from E3, or PAX, or the Tokyo game show etc etc. Hell I live in Mass, gay marriage is legal here and it doesn't bother me one way or another because 1. it's none of my business what two people do in the privacy of their homes. 2. What does it bother me if same sex couples want to file joint taxes (the most likely real reason the gay community is pushing so hard to redefine marriage)

But hey apparently there's a need to shed light that there are indeed gay gamers. YAY! Lets throw them a ticker tape parade too.

Stop being a hypocrite, there are religious gaming conventions and we don't hear you crying about those.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
67. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 1, 2012, 20:56 Dades

Jivaro wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 19:38:
Bigots rationalizing bigotry, that is all it is. They'll admit that people say stupid shit, they'll admit the laws aren't fair, but their entire argument is that the oppressed should suffer in silence. We should all just pretend like there isn't a problem.

Why is it that the bigots never suffer in silence. I mean, by their logic, the best thing to do with "GaymerCon" is to pretend it's not there. Don't go to it, don't talk about it, and most certainly don't acknowledge it.

Yet...that isn't exactly what I see here.

You just utterly destroyed any rebuttal they could have, well done. Funny how these chickenheads will never practice what they preach.

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Mentioned
53. Re: Borderlands 3 Mentioned Oct 1, 2012, 18:09 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 16:13:
Well, Creston, I don't know what to say except sorry for your apparently excessive bad luck in finding items you don't want to use.

Reading about all of the people complaining about drops makes it seem like you are just having good luck. You're one of the few people I've seen be happy with that part of the game.

News Comments > Torchlight II Development Video
21. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 15:11 Dades

The lobby is not fine, it's suited more towards public play. Friends list functionality is extremely limited, there isn't even a basic "join game" button. This is not dumbing down, its pretty basic and expected functionality. Same with linking items, having to go into a trade interface just to show someone an item is not convenient or efficient. I think we're all fine with skill deficiencies but there are dozens across all 4 classes that range from imbalanced to useless and need adjustment. It is not nitpicking to point out that the game has issues. None of this stuff is a deal breaker and I love the game despite it but to say it doesn't need polish is a reach to me.

There is a lot of stuff they got right and I like to think they got the most important parts. I just wish we could see that kind of competency paired with Blizzards resources, it's no surprise why Diablo and Diablo 2 were so excellent when you combine that.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 15:02 Dades

Continuing the tradition of Fater Than Light for one more week  

19. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 13:18 Dades

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 12:18:
Saying TL2 is not 'polished' is incorrect.

No, it's perfectly correct, see my examples. There is more to polish than simply not crashing and there are a number of bugs anyways. It is a great game but it definitely could have benefited from more polish and testing. I'm a big supporter of TL2 and for $20 it's an amazing deal so don't confuse this as me trying to slag the title, just acknowledging where it falls short. It's still a big accomplishment when you consider what they achieved with such a small team and that's why I agreed that the best of Diablo 3 and TL2 would make for a perfect game.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer
28. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Interactive Trailer Sep 30, 2012, 10:53 Dades

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 10:20:
To be honest the demo is like the very first level of the game, more like a tutorial then anything else. It may not be your cup of tea but I wouldn't judge a full game based on 1 level in a demo.
Just my 2 cents

They probably should have chosen a better gameplay portion to show off to potential owners then, the demo was very underwhelming. You always want a hook, you don't want people unimpressed.

Hardware > Oct 2012 Rig Build
11. No subject Sep 30, 2012, 10:43 Dades

Good luck!  

14. Re: Torchlight II Development Video Sep 30, 2012, 10:41 Dades

ASeven wrote on Sep 30, 2012, 08:57:
I think TL2 is polished. I mean, I don't find any of the common issues of unpolished games, from bugs to bad UI and bad balance. What do you find about the game that is unpolished? Genuinely curious to find out since I do think the game is decently polished.

Can't link items in chat. You can't join friends games easily by simply selecting them in the interface. There are a number of useless skills that need to be readjusted and rebalanced, the Outlander alone has several. None of it is game breaking but given a slightly bigger team and budget they would have been able to implement and balance a bit more. Graphically there is a lot more they could have done with the game too but that goes back to budget.

I love TL2 but it's not perfect by a long shot. The things it does do well are things other games have failed at, so I think thats where I derive my enjoyment.

Hardware > Oct 2012 Rig Build
9. No subject Sep 30, 2012, 02:22 Dades

Current OCZ power supplies are very low rated for reliability, you might want to get a Corsair modular one or really any other quality name brand. In general its better to spend a bit on a decent power supply, its the one component that can affect every other one in your system. I'd sub out the Kingston HyperX for a Crucial M4 as well, the M4 is very mature and well backed by firmware updates. Build looks good otherwise, enjoy your new rig.  

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2012, 01:03 Dades

Uncharted is training wheels for Tomb Raider.  

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo