Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dishonored
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dishonored Oct 9, 2012, 22:53 Dades

It's really good, very unique art style. PC port has a lot of options, performance is fantastic and game is bug free so far. It reminds me a lot of Deus Ex, the stealth elements are very rewarding and well implemented with distance, light and noise detection. It is really nice having first person lean too. The story and setting are pretty interesting, haven't seen this kind of world building in a long time. There are no real RPG elements though, you can upgrade weaponry but you don't have persistent stats.

Someone else described it as Deus Ex meets Bioshock and that feels pretty close but doesn't do it justice. I can't speak to the total game length but it will depend a lot on how much you like to explore and find hidden paths. You can do the whole intro mission in 5 minutes or you can do it in 30, it all depends on your approach. The reviews claim anywhere from 5-30 hours for a story run which seems about right. I'm having a blast with it so its well worth it at any length. It's the first truly unique IP I've seen all year and they did a lot of interesting stuff with the world and gameplay.

It sucks that this and XCOM came out at the same time, both are great games and neither should be ignored.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today
36. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 17:25 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 16:31:
Are you arguing for the classes to be MORE homogeneous now? Maybe Gaige can't reload as fast and has to make the mags smaller and easier to handle because she's a teenage girl, not a veteran soldier like Axton? Think about what you're saying, man... These are RPG elements we're talking about here.

Who has the better talent for faster reloading? Whew, that is some heavy RPG stuff going on there, not sure I would be able to deal with all of that in depth customization.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
27. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 17:17 Dades

Thanks for running such a great PC focused site Blue.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 9, 2012, 07:28 Dades

I don't even play Borderlands 2 and that whole class looks really stupid based on the skill tree calculator. Borderlands doesn't exactly strike me as the thinking mans game where you want that sort of complexity and have the time to even process it all. Her abilities probably won't even be powerful enough to justify all of that and doesn't the game have a melee guy already?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Oct 9, 2012, 07:23 Dades

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 9, 2012, 06:34:
It is unnecessary to replace the Start button in Windows 8 if you just give yourself a little time to adapt to the OS.

How simple some people are just blows my mind.

Some people do not want Metro forced on them every time they want to do something simple like search for a file. Why you are so simple and can't understand that just blows my mind.

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned
19. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company TV Series Planned Oct 9, 2012, 07:20 Dades

jdreyer wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 23:58:
Kosumo wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 20:29:
Total wtf?
My reaction completely: "Uh, wait, what???"

This game might make a good movie, esp with a $200m budget for all the 'splosions. But I don't see how it fits into a weekly TV show.

There is no way they would have the budget to make this into a decent show. The Unit is a good reminder of what happens when you try to put military shows on network television.

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
14. Re: Steam Bestsellers Oct 8, 2012, 18:44 Dades

IQ wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 16:46:
Trevellian wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 15:08:
Pandaria is so bad even the NPC's are trying to find a way out.

Except people who have tried it say its the best expansion yet.

All of them? I've heard the opposite from quite a few people who have tried.

News Comments > More Project Eternity Stretch Goals
39. Re: More Project Eternity Stretch Goals Oct 8, 2012, 14:29 Dades

Not a big fan of these kickstarter things but this is the kind of game I can get behind.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 23:20 Dades

Jeraxle wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 22:14:
A polite request that has obviously been denied. People will continue to piss you off until Blue tells them to stop.

No one is pissing me off, it was a small annoyance and instead of being a dick about it I passed along a polite suggestion. How dare people be reasonable about small issues by talking about them.

No worries, I'm convinced me of how wrong I was, I will start signing my future posts too, everyone wins

News Comments > Steam Top 10
32. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 17:52 Dades

Prez wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 16:04:
Otherwise, at least let me know if it is true to its divine heritage once you've played it and I'll buy it.

The demo gives you just a very small and limited taste but the elements are all there, it is definitely built on the principles that made the originals so good. I rarely ever preorder games and I am a huge XCOM fan, I preordered this.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 16:38 Dades

Sepharo wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 14:21:
Wow you really don't like when people sign their posts. "I try ignoring them but then other people quote them and don't bother to remove the repulsive offending line and I have to see it anyway!"

No, that isn't what was said and your take on it is completely incorrect. I was just preempting the obvious suggestion to add users who do this to my ignore list. There was nothing silly or wrong about my request, it was politely made and passed along by Blue. Just because it doesn't bother you personally doesn't mean it doesn't bother other people. Normally I can ignore things I don't agree with but in this case it makes no sense as it serves no purpose on the website, the functionality is already present. Maybe you are happy pruning posts for your replies and I don't mind it much either, I just don't care doing it when someone adds extra space and text to the bottom of every single post created for no reason.

It was a polite request for consideration, not a demand. If people want to ignore it then that's fine. Maybe I will see the light and start doing it too, we'll see.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 12:16 Dades

Jivaro wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 11:55:
And Dades, I didn't mean anything by the feathers ruffled comment. I mean obviously it bothers you to some degree else why would you even mention it? At the same time, I am not saying there is something wrong with you or that you are some evil person because it does bother you.

No problem, didn't take it that way at all. It was a simple, polite request passed along through the owner of the site.
It is not directed against any individual person or meant to offend anyone. Some of the response have been extremely immature but c'est la vie.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 7, 2012, 11:42 Dades

What I really don't get is why people even care. I mean...this strikes me as kind of a silly thing to get your feathers ruffled about.

Who said feathers were ruffled? It was a polite request passed along through the proper channels. There is no real reasoning behind signing posts. The user name is displayed beside the posts already. Users have a full signature field to add personalization in addition to a user profile which other users can click on. It just makes the less forums less pleasant to read and interact with, adding a bunch of useless space to every thread just bloats them up and makes others have to snip the text out of replies. The ignore function is not a real solution as users still see them in replies from other users.

If the site had no signature functionality I would understand it but it is totally redundant and unnecessary.

Don't sign your name at the bottom of your post when your name is clearly stated fifty pixels to the side of the very same post. It's redundant and possibly a subconscious cry for attention. The formatting aspect is tertiary.

At first I didn't see it this way but seeing a few of the more immature reactions to a very reasonable request for consideration makes me wonder if it is just rooted in attention seeking.

This comment was edited on Oct 7, 2012, 11:55.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
48. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 5, 2012, 11:49 Dades

I will run it up the ladder then I guess. Back to your regularly scheduled programming.  

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
66. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 5, 2012, 07:23 Dades

Wetworks wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 01:20:
Wow is a far more complex game than GW2, especially where PVE is concerned. I mean GW2 doesn't even have mods or damage meters. Without statistical data after an encounter how can you tweak your build in a meaningful manner?

Maybe after the fact WOW is a more complex experience to analyze but Guild Wars 2 is more difficult and requires just as much, if not arguably more skill to play in the moment.

45. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 5, 2012, 07:19 Dades

Creston wrote on Oct 5, 2012, 01:44:
Mostly I do it because it annoys certain individuals, which gives me no small measure of enjoyment.

Will you respect that it annoys some of us who are not certain individuals and please stop? I don't want to have to put legit posters on ignore but I consistently run into 3 or 4 who keep doing this and having to clean up the replies and quotes gets really tiresome.

38. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 22:00 Dades

I haven't been around as long as others so I have to ask, why do people sign their posts? There is a proper signature function built into the website and the name is prominently displayed in yellow beside every post in addition to having a picture avatar to work with. All it seems to do is clutter up replies and quotes while wasting space. I run into this annoyance all the time when trying to reply to people who do it, they should have their display name changed to ascii symbols or blanked out

Added smiley so this seems less confrontational

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 22:07.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim - Hearthfire Oct 4, 2012, 21:43 Dades

The game has been great but the DLC has been cash in city. Dawnguard was overpriced and underwhelming, this DLC is just cashing in on the most popular user mod. Let's see some real quests and content.  

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
60. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 21:25 Dades

- The skill tree argument is ridiculous. GW2 does not have a deep skill tree or skill system at all. I agree that they oversimplified WoW's, but with a larger number of abilities I'd say WoW is still more complicated than GW2. I don't personally think I've seen a more restrictive and dumbed down action bar than GW2's, for that matter.

Guild Wars 2 has the trait system which is meant to be paired with the skill system, they are not weighed separately. Much like abilities you gain from leveling in WOW and the talent tree go hand in hand.

I don't think its the perfect MMORPG but it does tweak and evolve some important things for a genre that is really stuck in a rut. I'd like to see WOW follow suit instead of continually playing itself down. WOW innovated quite a bit in its time but that has really died down over the past three years.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
216. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 4, 2012, 16:08 Dades

RailWizard wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 15:55:
I know, it's a pretty hard scenario to imagine when your brain doesn't work.

Judging by this thread, you being the authority on brains that don't work.

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo