Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
12. Re: SimCity Trailer Dec 12, 2012, 07:08 Dades

Really disappointing what they have done with SimCity. The multiplayer is totally unnecessary and should be optional.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
71. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 11, 2012, 23:33 Dades

Quboid wrote on Dec 11, 2012, 16:22:
Maybe I should clarify my position.The gist of my post, that this community (again, not every member and probably every community) can be childish and hypocritical, does, I believe, still stand.

Maybe you should just be quiet for a change and let other people's posts speak for themselves. Everyone is quite capable and can make up their own minds in who is being hypocritical or childish without your penetrating insights into the minds of forum posters on the internet.

27. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 10, 2012, 21:43 Dades

Why indulge him? EA is well known for buying up studios and squandering their talents, it's not even a thing most reasonable people would contest. It's not EA bashing to state a generally accepted fact. If you don't like it here thats your problem. Stop making it everyone elses fault when its how you choose to selectively interpret things. People like PopCap, they make fun little games. People don't like EA that much, they tend to beat the piss out of their studios creatively. If that bugs you oh well, get a thicker skin.

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
55. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 10, 2012, 07:23 Dades

You can get an i3 with 4GB ram in a small form factor, this is definitely possible for moderate gaming. The AMD hudson platform is pretty cool, I was playing Portal 2 on one over the weekend. Fits into the palm of your hand, would be neat for playing light games on the TV.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned
19. Re: Far Cry 3 HUD Patch Planned Dec 9, 2012, 00:55 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 13:11:
That trick disables more than DoF

What else does it disable?

News Comments > Spike VGAs
13. Re: Spike VGAs Dec 8, 2012, 23:29 Dades

Icewind wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 22:12:
dj LiTh wrote on Dec 8, 2012, 20:53:
That list actually looks legit to me, if it was payed then it would be all Diablo 3 GOY PC, Blops2 GOY etc etc

It's obvious that they are trying to placate the gamer hipster crowd that mocks them every year. Hyping The Walking Dead the way they did and throwing an indie award out there were just two layers of icing on that thick cake they were baking for the elitist crowd.

It probably worked too, since a lot of the friends I saw last year bad mouthing the VGAs were now raving about them.

I still find it deplorable.

Maybe they just hired some people who have a clue? I know it's Spike but... it's kind of possible.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
11. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Dec 8, 2012, 23:27 Dades

The channel is flooded right now at several price ranges as the overall desktop PC market demand has weakened, it makes no sense to keep dumping into it. Their graphics and APU lines are very strong, they will be fine.

Intel's prices don't have much room to skyrocket, they are already quite high.

33. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 8, 2012, 09:23 Dades

Maybe the house troll can defend this one too Nintendo blocking 18+ content until 11pm.  

29. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 23:45 Dades

Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 21:20:
I don't know what the fuck you two are arguing about. Who the hell is defending Nintendo? I read Dades post as sarcasm.

It was sarcasm right Dades....RIGHT?!

Nope, he was the troll who posted this earlier, starting off by insulting everyone and then actually trying to defend this hair brained DRM mess. Whatever, I'm putting him back on ignore permanently, gotta stop giving the trolls attention.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 2012, 23:51.

25. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 21:11 Dades

Begone troll, no content and no defense of your idiotic assertions. Maybe next time you should have a reason for jumping to somethings defense other than your juvenile brand biases.

Teenagers these days!

23. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 20:58 Dades

Oh hai guys its ok, they know how shitty it is and might change it in the future so stop being so mean to little nintendo!

Every other company in the industry has this figured out already, no excuse is sufficient for that mess.

20. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 7, 2012, 18:36 Dades

Jivaro wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 16:01:
Sure they will...if you pay them. Again. I mean you already paid for the software once. Apparently in Super Bizarro World it makes complete sense that if the hardware breaks you should have to pay for the software again in some way.

That's just dumb, only some fanboy kiddie would defend that shit. It's 2012, everyone else has figured out how to have DRM that doesn't suck and let you sign into your account at a friends house or move your account to a different console. Every other competitor.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Agent Dec 7, 2012, 18:17 Dades

Prez wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 11:53:
wtf_man wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 09:19:
I liked Alpha Protocol (except for the quickly forced to choose dialog).

I bought it for like $2 on a Steam sale because it got such bad word of mouth. I would have easily paid $20 or $30 for i, after playing it. I didn't run into anything game-stopping, bugwise, either. I guess I was lucky. So, from my perspective... it's nowhere near as bad as everyone says, IMO.

I am replaying Alpha Protocol this week and I still am loving it. I never got the near universal derision it garnered - it is very much like Deus Ex in depth and how your decisions have meaningful consequences. I thought the dialog system was pretty neat too. It made dialog sequences engaging for once.

It had terrible gameplay, there was nothing interesting or redeeming about anything else in the game except the dialogue. People seemed to hate the closing door checkpoints. It was a great idea for a game that never really became the game it deserved to be. I loved the branching dialogue system and everything else put me to sleep.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched
70. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 7, 2012, 07:06 Dades

Quinn wrote on Dec 7, 2012, 05:45:
I'm not saying it's beneficial performance wise. I'm saying that without it, the illusion of a lush jungle is broken because they couldn't possibly present the same amount of lush detail in the far distance.

No, that's what you finished with. What you started out with was:

As for FC3 DoF.. I get it. The game is so incredibly detailed up close, that keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill even the most ambitious PC gamer rig out there.

That says you think Depth of Field is needed as some sort of performance related tool, it is spelled out there. That is what I was talking about in my comment. Depth of Field has nothing to do with being required for "keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill PC rigs", it actually has a negative performance impact. That's all I was saying, that you didn't get it and properly understand what the feature was. Depth of Field in Far Cry 3 can actually hamper performance, that is why many people are turning it off since the game is already pretty tight on framerates with MSAA.

67. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 6, 2012, 22:09 Dades

As for FC3 DoF.. I get it. The game is so incredibly detailed up close, that keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill even the most ambitious PC gamer rig out there. Now they can do one of two things: 1. They either present the delusion of a lush jungle in plain view by giving you a distant surface so bald it's like the entire island got cancer or 2. They blur it out so they keep the illusion safely confined in the beautiful lush environment you're in by blurring out the distance.

That's you. That's why I posted that's not how Depth of Field works and that in Far Cry 3 Depth of Field has a negative impact on performance, disabling it actually improves performance. Don't take my word for it, go try both before posting about it next time. If you like depth of field then bully for you, no one is telling you not to but don't say they do it because its beneficial performance wise for people because that's not the case.

News Comments > Intel "Committed" to Socketed CPUs for "The Foreseeable Future"
25. Re: Intel Dec 6, 2012, 21:58 Dades

edaciousx wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 19:02:
I can understand all the fuss about socket/soldered... but honestly... the last time I upgraded a CPU in a Mobo was..... never. It was always the CPU and Mobo at the same time. And it's been this way for me since my first comp in 1995.

Conversely I've upgraded several times since my first computer in the 90s.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
20. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 6, 2012, 07:23 Dades

Stolk wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 00:09:
If I didn't know better I'd think you knew what you're talking about!

If you knew better you could probably talk about any feature from Windows 8 in detail other than "file copy and task manager!" but no, the improvements people always mention are copy and pasted from reviews because they do not even understand what they're using actually using. I doubt any of you have even used storage spaces or know what they did to the memory heap, you're ratting off bullet points and regurgitated talking points to justify your personal upgrades. When they give me real reasons to upgrade from Windows 7, I will consider it. The os being cheap isn't a reason to upgrade.

56. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 22:21 Dades

Quinn wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 22:08:
You do realize it only looks like that when you're looking down the barrel of the gun, right? There hasn't been a single moment it annoyed. You're overreacting like a madman.

As for FC3 DoF.. I get it. The game is so incredibly detailed up close, that keeping that lvl of detail in the distance would kill even the most ambitious PC gamer rig out there. Now they can do one of two things: 1. They either present the delusion of a lush jungle in plain view by giving you a distant surface so bald it's like the entire island got cancer or 2. They blur it out so they keep the illusion safely confined in the beautiful lush environment you're in by blurring out the distance.

I tell you, I'd have number 2. In fact, Skyrim lacked it to some extent: Paying too much attention to distant landscapes and trees sometimes made me jump back in my chair.

Thank you DoF. I love you.

Turning off Depth of Field in Far Cry 3 actually improves performance so no, you don't get it. It's not a simple blur filter without a performance cost.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
9. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 5, 2012, 22:12 Dades

Stolk wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 21:43:
A lot of people like it, including me. I usually leave it on the desktop and rarely see the new Windows 8 interface, but it is indeed a fast and surprisingly problem free OS, for me. This is just elitist tech geeks trying their best to give it a bad name.

You're using Windows 7 with an annoying tablet interface bolted onto it that you manage to ignore and very minor under the hood changes. Stop trying to deceive yourself that you're somehow blazing a new path that "tech elitist geeks" somehow don't understand. Of course it's problem free, its based almost entirely on Windows 7 which has years of stability testing. This is not an accomplishment! It has nothing to do with "hating", it's an operating system, not a band. Instead of people being elitist tech geeks maybe others just have really low standards.

News Comments > NCsoft Seattle "Realignment"
8. Re: NCsoft Seattle Dec 4, 2012, 23:05 Dades

Kobalt wrote on Dec 4, 2012, 22:41:
I don't know about decline(with no subscription I doubt they care too deeply). The game sure didn't sell nearly as well as you would think with all the hype the game was getting though. People declaring it the death of the subscription mmo but it looks like ones without one aren't that much more popular.

It sold over 5 million copies already and has a pretty stable ongoing revenue stream in the shop. If that's not a success I don't know what is. Publishers always lay off post release. It's not the second coming of WOW and was never intended to be. The player base tends to rise and fall with major releases of other games, its been a busy year.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo