Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
40. Re: Op Ed Jan 6, 2013, 01:47 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 6, 2013, 00:38:
Oh boy. Yes, all our debt is due to corporations. Yep. mmm hmm sure.
It couldn't be from all those folks who game the welfare system and don't pay back into the very system they're robbing from.

Stop getting your politics from television. Welfare fraud is not a multi trillion dollar problem. It's barely even a billion dollar problem. Less than 2% of all annual payouts (2% of 131.8 billion in 2012) according to the US Department of Labor. Yes the corporations are doing infinitely more damage than your randomly grabbed excuse. Welfare fraud, PBS and NPR are nothing and not even worth mentioning in a serious discussion about a 15 trillion dollar deficit. You don't cut education when we're starting to fall behind in critical areas like mathematics and you don't cut meaningless shit like NPR. You stop fighting expensive wars for awhile and you bring tax revenues up to parity with the rest of the world to start.

There will always be waste in government just like there is in the corporate world, it is a product of human society. Much of the waste in government these days is due to corporations anyway, how many stories of overvalued third party contracts have we all heard? Corporations and government are so inherently married at this point that they might as well be one and the same. Of course everyone wants to cut unnecessary things but just cutting will not solve the problems that lead up to this, there is an inherent revenue deficiency due to a high standard of living and low tax rates.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2013, 22:35 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 22:31:
I say it all the time Dades, being personally responsible will get you farther in life than expecting the government to hand you a life. That should be basic fucking common sense.

It's a good thing no one said the government should hand anyone a life then. Who said I'm a liberal? Assumptions, assumptions. Personal responsibility is some parenting level shit and just common sense. Democrats don't run on a platform of smaller government, Republicans do. Their failure is much larger in that context as government never seems to shrink in their stead despite it being a principle of the party. Size of government isn't even the problem, US citizens pay far less taxes than other countries but americans want a quality of life that exceeds those countries while continually paying less. Reducing the size of government will only make that worse. 15 trillion in debt did not come about because of health care or arts funding, it was wars you couldn't afford, the thousands of big corps that are paying a few million in taxes on revenues in the fucking billions through offshore tax loopholes, two decades of broken trickle down economics and deficient tax revenues.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 22:58.

News Comments > Steam Sale Encore
34. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 22:33 Dades

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 22:17:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 20:29:
I was considering picking up anno 2070, but I think I'll wait for a further drop/GOTY edition with all the DLC packed in. Though dishonored for $29 is tempting.

Yeah, $10 is all I'm willing to part with for Anno.

Does Anno still have the old DRM or is it the new activation uPlay one in Far Cry 3?

29. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 21:57 Dades

Dev wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 21:55:
Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 21:51:
It doesn't matter what that page says, publisher games will be allowed onto the service without greenlight.

Thats what got War Z approved, yeah. I don't think its going to be automatic anymore after that.

Think what you like but publishers will get their games approved without greenlight.

27. Re: Steam Sale Encore Jan 5, 2013, 21:51 Dades

It doesn't matter what that page says, publisher games will be allowed onto the service without greenlight.

News Comments > The War Z at War
38. Re: The War Z at War Jan 5, 2013, 21:38 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 13:10:
It's blues did you expect much different?

Did you somehow miss the fact that he was wrong? Read then post. Here's a hint:

You're confusing Day Z with War Z. Day Z is the Free to Play mod of Arma 2. War Z is a paid-for stand-alone game.

This comment was edited on Jan 5, 2013, 21:55.

News Comments > Op Ed
36. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2013, 21:27 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 21:25:
What I'm saying is the same thing I've always said, expecting government to hold your hand through life isn't going to happen.

No you didn't. Do you need us to quote it back to you? You said:

Government can never do anything better than one can do for themselves. The Liberal answer? Make government bigger. Blows my fucking mind.

That's what you said. You did not say anything about personal responsibility or anything remotely insightful, just a stupid comment and some dumb rant about liberals. The other things came after I called you out on it.

Rather than one liner pot shots, why not try and actually debate anything actually in that post you quoted.

This coming from the guy who posted "Government can never do anything better than one can do for themselves. The Liberal answer? Make government bigger. Blows my fucking mind.". Seriously.

News Comments > Op Ed
33. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2013, 21:25 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 16:27:
How is it stupid? With all the wasteful spending, lack of progress on things like new energy resources (Thank you oil industry lobbyist), health care bills that will force the American citizens to pay more over all for health care. etc etc. Do I trust the government to provide for me when I retire? Or should I save towards that and be personally responsible? What would you do?

You know why its stupid. The government is not some nameless shadow company who is looking to bone you at every opportunity, government is created by and is of the people. Somehow I doubt you'll be sending them back the social security checks by the way.

It all comes down to personal responsibility at the end of the day and we don't teach that anymore, we teach liberal indoctrination and political correctness. Personally I like my constitutional rights thanks.

You mean the rights granted to you and protected by the government you just finished saying wasn't good for anything?

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 5, 2013, 21:18 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 20:03:
Why would he have to? Does Valve have a trade mark on that woman's voice now?

No but they do for her character which is what Del Toro used. He said in an interview its the same one, he's a big Valve fan and asked permission.

News Comments > Op Ed
28. Re: Op Ed Jan 5, 2013, 15:54 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 5, 2013, 14:35:
Government can never do anything better than one can do for themselves.

That's really stupid, of course it can, government is of the people. Last time I checked the republicans got into office as much as democrats and haven't done anything to shrink government. Keep blaming the liberals and sticking your head in the sand though, that approach is working out so well.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Bans
1. Re: Guild Wars 2 Bans Jan 3, 2013, 20:50 Dades

Love the PVP in this, I hate MMO games but I keep coming back to this for the huge siege battles. They are so much fun when you get into a decent group.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Footage
18. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 3, 2013, 20:18 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 12:14:
The other end is called dumbing down. Can any choice win? Probably not.

You are wrong, they can make the fights difficult without a timer, it has been done before and even by the same company in a previous game.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 3, 2013, 18:40 Dades

Saboth wrote on Jan 3, 2013, 18:36:
It's all real simple. People do not spend thousands of hours and their and their family's well being just so you can play video games in your free time. They do it so they have income and can pay their bills. There's no real excuse for piracy. There seems to be an air of "entitlement" in the gaming community. "Well, the game wasn't that good, so I'm entitled to it for free." No, no you're not. You aren't entitled to anything. If video games are too expensive for you, find a new hobby.

It's really simple, piracy is a fact of life in the software industry and you either factor it into the cost of doing business or you find another line of work.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
12. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 3, 2013, 18:35 Dades

IE is only finally decent enough for general usage, great job only took twelve years, still lacks the customization of Firefox and Chrome. I rarely see anyone actually choose to use it once they are aware of other choices. This was the web browser Microsoft had to force onto the world, they really should rebrand it at some point because no one fucking likes it and it doesn't matter how much marketing they dump into it.

Also fuck Bing. A friend of mine has a windows phone and he can't even change the search away from Bing. He's already been asking alot of questions about my android phone and he's had the thing for all of a week.

43. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 17:46 Dades

- You can disable the Metro interface if you don't want to use it. I configure to boot right to the desktop. I thought I'd offer something a little positive over the average negative naysayer who's afraid of change.

It's not naysaying to point out that it's barely an improvement over Win7. You can't disable the Metro interface without third party software, it is not a feature. Keyboard shortcuts that already existed are not a feature. You making up crap about games using less resources is not a feature. Refresh is actually pretty broken if you had even bothered to try it. The boot time improvements are minimal, especially if you have an SSD. I haven't tried storage spaces but word from the NAS communities is that it isn't good.

37. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 16:44 Dades

DangerDog wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 16:37:
Windows 8 just doesn't bring enough features to warrant upgrading from 7.

It doesn't help matters that you need to use 3rd party add-ons to bring back classic start menu to the desktop.

You got it. This is when Microsoft really needed to deliver something to get people excited for the platform again. Instead we got Metro. Them pissing over OEMs with their own hardware isn't going to help anyone but Android too.

Time for some fresh blood over there and it starts at the top, enough with Ballmer, he's had more than enough time at the helm.

34. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 16:21 Dades

Klaus Flouride wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 15:52:
Why all the Win 8 hate? Is everyone really that butthurt your start menu was modified?

Put your loaded question back on yourself. It's Windows 7 with a different version number and a tablet interface, why should people get excited about that? They didn't do anything interesting or fresh, it's hard for people to care about something that seems solely designed to withdraw money from their bank account.

News Comments > Fez Ports Planned
20. Re: Fez Ports Planned Jan 2, 2013, 16:20 Dades

There's way too many great games that don't have douchebag creators behind them making idiotic public statements. He pretty much said he doesn't think anything of the platform so why would I expect him to do a good job porting it? He said fuck the PC, fine, I say forget him then.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 1, 2013, 19:47 Dades

Julio wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 17:50:
Fion wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 15:52:
Somewhat off subject, WTF is up with the train wreck that is Mass Effect 3 winning all these GotY titles? There were so many amazing games that completely overshadowed ME3.

It is PC Gamer after all. The same guys who gave a review in the high 90s to DA2. Take a look around their offices for big brown envelopes from Bioware.

They didn't just give it a 90, they called Dragon Age 2 the RPG of the decade, seriously. The RPG of the DECADE. PC Gamer has no credibility whatsoever, they will take a sack of cash for any reason and smugly rub the communitys nose in it.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Sells 1MM
18. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 1, 2013, 16:50 Dades

Dev wrote on Jan 1, 2013, 16:09:
Also there's a chunk of the market out there that looks down on anything that comes out under $50, as if it were for the Hoi polloi only (which they themselves of course aren't

Their loss, great game, good replay value, lots of mods now too. Troll haters can suck it down

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo