Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2575 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Server Shutdowns
53. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 23:41 Dades

Creston wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 22:26:
Panickd wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:16:
And before you go off on a "it shouldn't have to be that way" rant, I totally agree. But the world isn't always as we would like it to be and so we deal with what is.

I never claimed otherwise. I deal with it by refusing to buy this kind of horseshit. If you deal with it by rolling over and telling EA this is perfectly acceptable behavior, then by all means, go ahead

The really stupid part was where he said you do that but also that it doesn't matter and nothing we do matters. Companies prey on general ignorance and that kind of consumer apathy. Maybe he thinks it doesn't matter but I will not buy it, I will bitch about it and tell other people so they can do the same.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
23. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:49 Dades

Cutter wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:42:
jimnms wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:22:
All of the whining I'm seeing (here and elsewhere) about how this year's Steam sales suck reminds me of the Turkey story in this video.

Who's whining? We're just saying the sale hasn't been anything great this year. There are obviously several titles we all expected to see substantial cuts on and haven't yet. That's just stating a fact. Even GMG and Amazon. Sure a few good ones here and there but overall? Meh.

Which ones? Pretty much everything I wanted to see on sale got there. Skyrim, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, Hitman, Faster than Light and most of the other new games I saw come out. What games didn't go on sale that people wanted? I'm struggling to think of something new that didn't go on sale at some point.

42. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 18:45 Dades

Panickd wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:16:
That's a bit over dramatic. If Sim City (or any game for that matter) ends up insanely popular and EA pulls the plug someone will find a way to hack together some sort of server emulator that will allow people to keep playing until their eyeballs bleed.

People can't just throw together a server emulator lickity split, companies like EA are making it more and more difficult by putting things like AI on the server. Their whole reason for doing this sort of stuff is lack of alternatives, they want you behind their paywall for life, buying upgrades, DLC and whatever else they can dream up. Maybe it's the world we live in but people don't need to like it.

They are doing this intentionally, not a single person has offered an explanation of why they can't just run a glorified authentication server and use P2P if it's so cost ineffective for them to run multiplayer servers.

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Dec 31, 2012, 18:10 Dades

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 18:07:
Techie714 wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 15:03:
Picked up Farcry 3 finally & I'm really enjoying it with a few mods. Some aspects of the game I hate but most of it is solid. The intro to the game was AMAZING in its story telling.

What mods for Far Cry 3? I'm still trying to dial in the 'sexy to fps' for it.

Turn off SSAO in it. They broke it in one of the patches and the game actually looks better with it disabled now, it also provides a massive FPS boost. GamerProfile.xml in your My Games/Far Cry 3 dir, change SSAO Level to 0. Don't go into the game options in-game or it will automatically turn it back on. That should let you at least get 2x MSAA on too. Their vsync implementation sucks too, turn it off and just force it on in your video card control panel.

36. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 17:55 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 17:38:
Listen, I've heaped my share of criticism EA's way over the years, especially with how they handled the Elevation Partners fiasco and what Bioware became because of it, but for shit like this, that ALL publishers do? C'mon, with all the reasons to hate EA or bash them, this isn't really that valid a reason.

I don't know what crack you're smoking but shutting down functionality of purchased content is about the most valid reason to bitch about companies as I can imagine short of them just taking your money and saying nyah nyah.

News Comments > Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved
37. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 31, 2012, 17:14 Dades

descender wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:45:
Unlike you, they don't seem to need to go on and on and on and on and on.... about diablo 3.

Actually they did until the game out.

You didn't like it. We know. Get over it. So Diablo 3 was not a great game, and not one that will be played for years like Diablo 2 was... Oh well... better luck next time. Is that the end of the world to you? Get a grip.

It's a game, not a woman, I don't need to get over anything. I can see it come up in the news and take 30 seconds to post a comment about it, I have the power to do that and keep doing other stuff with my life, amazing I know. Glad you're such a fan of my posts, many more to come.

30. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 17:02 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 16:55:
Tell that to 2k who likes to shut off game servers within a year when a game doesn't sell. Or not patch a particular console sku at all due to low sales numbers (the PS3 version of NHL2k10). Shit you guys would string EA up by the toes for.

I don't play a lot of 2k games but when I read about them doing it I bitch about it just like EA or Zynga or anyone else. Companies do dumb shit and people deride them for it, this isn't a double standard, people have been doing it for eons.

News Comments > New Year's Eve Metaverse
8. Re: New Year's Eve Metaverse Dec 31, 2012, 16:34 Dades

Another company forces bullshit shutdowns to get people to buy the new version, straight out of the EA playbook.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 16:25 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 11:05:
jacobvandy wrote on Dec 30, 2012, 21:36:
Dark Souls is one of those games that are best played with a controller, period. Like Assassin's Creed, Batman: AA/AC

I thought Batman's played great with a k/m. I bet faster then a controller.

I thought it was better with a controller, rarely seen a beat em up that was better with keyboard and mouse. There is no difference in input speed.

26. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 31, 2012, 16:23 Dades

Styopa wrote on Dec 31, 2012, 12:47:
If it was a matter of cutting costs at EA (and not just a money-grab as a new sequel is coming out), then just enable peer-to-peer support, allowing the allegedly few people who still care about the game to run their own servers?

No, I thought not.

LOL yeah. Funny how the EA apologists never seem to have an answer to this. They blubber on about how Bluesnews posters are somehow different than the rest of the internet and refuse to actually engage on how full of shit the motives and methodology are.

Running a fucking authentication server is such a big deal apparently!

25. Re: EA Server Shutdowns Dec 31, 2012, 16:16 Dades

What a crock of shit, game servers are simple executables and keeping them running requires little management. The hardware has to be maintained for other games as it is, they don't just retire a game and save a bunch of money. A company like EA buys bandwidth in bulk and won't save any money there either. It's pure bullshit to force sales of the next years title.

Treat people like adults and just say it like it is for once instead of the constant marketing shit dribbling from the corporate mouth.

Yeah because shutting down servers of games that came out 2-7 years ago is totally "pushing people to buy the new version" This would be a non story if it weren't EA.

2 years isn't a long time for a game to be out, I own games a dozen years old with working multiplayer. You tried this bullshit before and people pointed out how foolish it was in a dozen different ways, it isn't going to fly now either.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer
26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 29, 2012, 01:38 Dades

Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 21:37:
Just because I enjoyed a movie that you did not, does not make me uncultured. It's ridiculous to even insinuate such a thing. You're just being insulting for the sake of being insulting.

You implied exactly the same thing earlier, trying to paint people who didn't like the movie as if they didn't somehow understand it. Not that it is even a difficult film to grasp, it isn't exactly subtle with its symbolism and cultural references and the presence of those things doesn't make it a good film.

18. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 20:57 Dades

The deleted scenes in the extended edition don't salvage the movie, just explain some of the larger inconsistencies. Kingdom of Heaven was a different story, it should have just been a longer film and suffered greatly from editing alone. The same can't be said for Prometheus which is an average film made by a great director, I blame the shitty Lindelhof script as there are a ton of logical holes in it.

16. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 20:12 Dades

Trevellian wrote on Dec 28, 2012, 19:00:
The movie was terrible to you, not people who understood it, it's intentions and where it was to lead. Once again, opinions. I never went into Prometheus expecting it to directly link up to Alien at the end because I knew that was what he was avoiding.

Sure opinions but Prometheus is not exactly a complex or difficult to understand film. Plenty of people saw the unsubtle allegories and symbolism but still didn't like it because as Jerykk mentioned, it was filled with inconsistencies and had the usual Damon Lindelhof script treatment. Prometheus was almost a large budget B flick as a result of that and the cutting room, the differences between the theatrical and extended are jarring.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 28, 2012, 18:20 Dades

Creston wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 13:05:
Dev wrote on Dec 25, 2012, 00:09:
As I've said in recent sale threads, they have to get permission from the devs for sale pricing,

I'm not sure that's true? I remember an interview with Gabe a few years ago where he said that as long as they give the publisher their normal cut, they can put stuff on sale as much as they want?

You're thinking of someone else, that never happened. Steam can't just up and decide to put things on sale that it doesn't own. There are publishing agreements, they can't even do that with indie titles, let alone big publishers. Steam gets in contact with companies when it is doing a promotion and asks them if they want to participate, it's how people often know in advance the dates the sales are starting.

31. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 28, 2012, 18:10 Dades

PVP still isn't ready but they made sure the RMAH got up nice and fast. I like how the two morons who were always defending this piece of crap are nowhere to be found now.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Dec 28, 2012, 11:04 Dades

Blames forum moderators and customer service staff for the games massive problems, yeah that seems like a true apology. What a piece of shit, he can't even do an apology properly.

8. Re: Diablo III PvP Nears; Team Deathmatch Shelved Dec 27, 2012, 22:18 Dades

They still haven't shipped the PvP yet? Amazing. What the hell happened to Blizzard?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
18. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 27, 2012, 16:39 Dades

Author was spot on, hypocrisy abounds there. Human decency? First world problems.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: 3D film making Dec 27, 2012, 11:55 Dades

Quboid wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 11:06:
Creston wrote on Dec 27, 2012, 10:23:
Let's fucking hope so.

Creston

I like 3D films, it's the related things I dislike.

No one does anything interesting with 3D. I've seen two films that used decent depth perception techniques and that's it. I'm not even convinced there is anywhere to go with it, creating realistic 3D simulations seems far too labor intensive to be anything but a niche. Right now it's an industry bereft of any creative goals, purely a financial boondoggle for Hollywood.

2575 Comments. 129 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo