Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Blah D Blah

Real Name Blah D Blah   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Dades
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 16, 2008, 12:22
Total Comments 2597 (Senior)
User ID 54452

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
28. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 15, 2013, 07:08 Dades

The 360 only has a 6% failure rate over the PS3
And if your Fat PS3 (like one of the PS2 compatible ones) dies then your screwed as Sony won't repair it due to Warranty, and good luck finding one online that doesn't cost a fortune. Microsoft built a PC that hooks up to your TV. They didn't try to force another type of proprietary media format on anyone like Sony has been trying to do since the mini-cd days with ever single device they have put to market.

Microsoft doesn't repair systems out of warranty for free either and they were forced to extend warranties only due to the RROD. The failure rate link seems completely inaccurate. The Xbox 360 is not a PC. It doesn't support most PC-like functionality nor most PC peripherals.

And Microsoft has been attacked in the past, but isn't STUPID enough to leave itself open to what happened to Sony.

I don't know, looking at the number of zero day fixes every month for my users windows installs I'd say yes it is. Live has been hacked before anyway, just not in the same manner. Videogame companies are not security companies, Sony learned their lesson the hard way, no one said the PS3 is perfect.

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2013, 07:18.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
23. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 14, 2013, 22:31 Dades

Both are terrible and pale in comparison to Steam. No need to offer a defense microsoft buttboy, I can imagine what you will say easily enough.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
5. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 14, 2013, 22:29 Dades

Those Microsoft mistakes point to a serious lack of vision and an inability to read any number of markets, Microsoft needs to get rid of Ballmer.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
29. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 14:31 Dades

I don't however 99.99% of the time liberals propose knee jerk reactions to things and look for other things to blame rather than individuals themselves, be it video games, or movies, or anything else.

I'm sure you'd love to blame all of the worlds problems on the liberal boogeyman but some of us live in reality where issues are complex and there isn't one thing to pin it on. I'll take all of that as an apology for misrepresenting what I said too, making things up is never a good idea.

27. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 13:36 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:29:

You seem to be ignoring all the gun laws on the books already

No I didn't, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.

As a responsible gun owner I don't have any problem with gun control laws, I'd just point out that we already have many on the books and gun control isn't where the problem lies.

Now for this:

Also please explain to me why it's always democrats who want to add more gun laws on the books?

What makes you think democrats are the only ones in favor of gun law? Since when do you speak for everyone on the right? You need a reality check. I support many restrictions on gun sale and use. It doesn't mean I need to support all of them. This is just another example of you attempting to polarize a political discussion because that's all you know. One extreme to the other, its comical.

This comment was edited on Jan 13, 2013, 13:41.

25. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 12:34 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 12:21:
Hey I'm not the one that contradicted myself in the same sentence. And really, if you honestly believe it's not tied to being a right vs left argument, I have a bridge to sell you real cheap. Different ideologies tend to clash doncha know.

I never contradicted myself and I don't view my ownership of a gun as an ideology, I'm much more mature than that. I can own a gun and believe in my right to informed use while also thinking that there are reasonable levels of gun control necessary for society at large. Likewise I frame my views on my own beliefs, not some shit I saw on television about left vs right. So as much as you want to polarize everything so you can make hysterical rants about left vs right, I'm not biting.

23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 12:04 Dades

FloorPie wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 05:25:
They tell me when I can get up, eat, go to work. The work camps here in Siberia are really great.

Yeah let's equate gun control and slavery, that's a reasonable debate Rolleyes

So which is it Dades? Do you believe responsible gun owners shouldn't be punished for a few loose cannons, or are you fine with giving up your rights and your 2nd amendment to make those on the left feel good about themselves?

No, you're not going to box me into a choice with only two extremes that you designed. You try to spin every issue into left vs right hysterics and that's not how I form my opinions.

14. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 01:20 Dades

RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 23:14:
Actually car accidents were the leading cause of death I'm pretty sure, prolly should ban cars while we're at it too, and wrap everyone in bubblewrap just to be safe.

I'm pro-gun but you're making gun owners look bad with this kind of stupidity. Seriously don't do us any favors, just be quiet, we can take care of ourselves. Here is what anyone with a brain will rebutt that sound bite with: cars aren't designed to kill people, guns are. Most car deaths are accidents. You can't compare unlike statistics anyways, that's not how it works.

As a responsible gun owner I don't have any problem with gun control laws, I'd just point out that we already have many on the books and gun control isn't where the problem lies. Enforcement, guns in popular media and availability is the problem. There is no need to punish responsible gun owners and vendors for a minority problem that needs to be dealt with in other ways.

News Comments > Op Ed
97. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2013, 21:55 Dades

Pretty sure that speaks for itself on the loonie scale.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
19. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 12, 2013, 17:30 Dades

$50 from 20 years ago is not $50 today though. Your $50 from 20 years ago buys a lot more than it does now. Videogames cost up to $100 in the SNES days, it doesn't mean anything now and that's why your point falls flat.

News Comments > Op Ed
92. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2013, 17:22 Dades

http://videosift.com/video/Jon-Stewart-on-Gun-Control

I don't really care for Jon Stewart but he makes a lot of sense here about the problems with the gun debate. It's a multifaceted problem and you don't give up before you begin, you start somewhere a little bit at a time so that people don't buy guns to do dumb shit like this: http://videosift.com/video/Silo-annihilated-with-ak-47

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition
9. Re: Dead Space 3 Dev-Team Edition Jan 12, 2013, 17:09 Dades

This is the future from EA. Words can't even describe how pathetic it is.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
56. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 11, 2013, 07:05 Dades

Also, the rhetoric against fracking is 99% just that: rhetoric. It's a bunch of michael moore conspiracy theorists who've found something new to whine about while they wait for a non-democrat president to take office again.

I'll believe it when I see it, evidence points to the opposite right now.

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 11, 2013, 07:01 Dades

The cost of games has gone down, thanks to economy of scale, the cost has not kept up with inflation or development. That's why digital games are not cheaper. We already get the benefit of cheap games relatively quickly after release and many games are going F2P or have a cheap entry cost. I'm not sure what more you want.

Digital Deluxe Editions are just premium products to fleece people who are less discerning with their money, you can safely ignore them.

News Comments > etc.
20. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2013, 22:10 Dades

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 21:10:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 21:00:
Stormsinger wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:53:
Wow...I don't know why, but I actually expected a bit better than this BS here.

To each and every one of you "He's an asshole who only wants to ignore criticism" types, you clearly have never read any of those forums as if they were addressed to you. It's a completely safe bet that reading shit like that for six months would send anyone into a meltdown. So if you actually like your career, you find ways to avoid that result. In no way are the cesspits of company gaming forums a useful source of critiques...but they're great ways to destroy a team, good or bad.

You obviously haven't read much of Gaider's posts.

Not one word of my post referenced anything he ever said or posted. How about you address my comment, rather than some figment of your imagination...

He chooses to sit down and read the forums, no one is prying his eyeballs open and forcing him. He's a game writer, not a community rep. When you're dealing with the public you better have a thick skin. Your average McDonalds employee probably puts up with more shit in a year than David Gaider.

If he actually meant what he said he could have quietly stop posted instead of announcing it and declaring the reasons. When people were happy with the games he was fine to sit around and collect praise. Now that people are unhappy he's leaving, I don't know that seems pretty convenient.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
35. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 22:03 Dades

PHJF wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 20:31:
After all of the back and forth on the forums about which arpg is the best, its funny to me that they were all disappointing in some way.

Funny to you, depressing to me. This is like my favorite genre, dammit!

I've been following Grim Dawn pretty closely and I think it's going to exceed expectations. Just wish it was here sooner. I hear you about arpgs, I wish Blizzard hadn't gone nuts.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2013, 20:35 Dades

In any case, the movie "Gasland" really brought it all about, and it's basically full of panic-rhetoric. The whole "it sets your faucets on fire!" bullshit was debunked by the ACTUAL WATER COMPANY IN QUESTION who stated that normal methane buildup was the cause for that single, isolated incident. Yet everyone worried about fracking always immediately bleats "AW MY GAWSH IT SAWTS AWR HAWSES AWN FAWR!"

They're not the only one who has observed that behavior though and you are not exactly an unbiased source here. I'd like to see the actual studies so I can make my own mind otherwise I'm going with the literal video demonstration and independent study commissioned by the government instead of taking some guys word on the internet, no offense.

There's also been some studies commissioned related to the long term effects on the earth itself and instead of really waiting for those to come in it seems like everyone just went balls deep without really taking a minute to think if this was a good idea for anything except the economy. I'm about the farthest thing from a nature lover but the past has shown us that we need to carefully consider our actions because the economy like everything else, depends on the stability of the planets weather, ecosystems, etc.

This comment was edited on Jan 10, 2013, 20:41.

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
31. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 20:01 Dades

Played in the closed beta the past few months on and off. There was a bunch of things I liked but the game failed to grab me after a pretty lengthy eval of it. There are a lot of pieces of the game with depth and new ideas but they don't really mesh together well from what I saw in beta. The UI for the game is atrocious, they need to hire a better UI designer. The developers seem like cool guys but that doesn't make me want to play this much more than I already did. Not sure how their business model is going to work without the casuals though since people keep saying this is meant to be niche.

After all of the back and forth on the forums about which arpg is the best, its funny to me that they were all disappointing in some way.

Now the wait for Grim Dawn.

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 10, 2013, 19:43 Dades

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 18:52:
What console gamers hears: "One we are moved to only downloads, no more trade ins!"

Once we move away to only downloads, games are $80 and only available from us.

13. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 10, 2013, 07:15 Dades

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 22:56:
Oh, yes. They could charge Super Bowl rates for commercials played every time you hit a Modern Warfare 4 load screen.

Why do console gamers put up with that shit? I don't get it, they already pay for XBL right? Why pay to be bombarded with ads that keep increasing? Ads should subsidize or decrease the cost of ownership.

2597 Comments. 130 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo