Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jack Ernie

Real Name Jack Ernie   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname EnsErnie
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 15, 2008, 18:16
Total Comments 6 (Suspect)
User ID 54448

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
59. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 17:05 EnsErnie

Steam did it because it's Valve, and Valve made Half-life, and Half-life is based off the id Software's Quake 2 engine.
Goldsource (what Valve now calls the HL1 engine) is actually just a heavily modified Quake 1 engine with only a few lines of Quake 2 source providing some bug fixes. I don't mean this correction in a petty way but more of a FYI since this has been a popular misconception among gamers for the past decade.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Serious Sam Double D Aug 31, 2011, 04:34 EnsErnie

Cram wrote on Aug 30, 2011, 20:48:
Grabbed a copy. I like it so far, except for a couple things. One, changing resolutions is brutal (you have to go one at a time and it refreshes each time), and at 720p (1920x1080 resolution not available for some reason) on my 16:10 monitor I get nearly 2 inch black bars (forget the technical name for these) on the top and bottom of the screen. No idea why it isn't using my entire monitor. Second, the jumping is a bit of a challenge at times.
My monitor is also native 1920X1080 and it's not available in the video options. Luckily the resolution can be set manually by editing the file "myGameSave.mbg" located at
"C:\Users\<account>\AppData\Local\SSDD" under Win7/Vista

start res width
start res height

note to use an appropriate editor (i.e. notepad++) that will properly format text. Hope this helps.

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?
11. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:36 EnsErnie

Here is the Baldur's Gate reference frame from the GOG video:
http://imgur.com/1NjM8.png

And here is the GOGmix reference frame:
http://imgur.com/nCnfL.png

News Comments > Kingpin Map Pack
8. Re: Kingpin Map Pack Feb 6, 2010, 01:38 EnsErnie

Kosumo wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 21:16:
This was the first game I every played in 32bit colour I think.

Was a good game, I like the Cypress Hill voice acting/sound track too.

I'm pretty sure this was the first game based off the Quake 2 engine that supported 32bit bit. You needed NVIDIA's TNT2 or better (TNT2 Ultra ran it best @ 32bit color at the time.) The 3D market back then was dominated by 3DFX which had 16bit color limitations. Although in their defense, it was the best looking 16bit compared to other's 16bit color.

Back then I was running a 32MB TNT2 Ultra with 2 3DFX VooDoo 2 12MB in SLI but dedicated this game on the NVIDIA card for that beautiful 32bit color.

News Comments > Kingpin Map Pack
5. Re: Kingpin Map Pack Feb 6, 2010, 00:03 EnsErnie

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 5, 2010, 23:07:
The reason for the low download rates is probably that Kingpin doesn't actually run on modern hardware.. like at all ,p

But it was great fun in MP back then. But the wobbly technology for models really sucked.

"Good Old Games" sells a DRM free version of Kingpin for $5.99 USD that is compatible with modern OS's and hardware. It even has the original CD-DA Redbook audio integrated and encoded in *.ogg unlike a lot of other retro releases from others.

This comment was edited on Feb 6, 2010, 00:07.

News Comments > Win7 & Diablo II
16. Re: Win7 & Diablo II Oct 9, 2009, 16:20 EnsErnie

To play older 2D games (or games with 2d menus) that exhibit graphical and color errors under Win 7 create a batch file that task kills explorer before launching the game and then restarts explorer when exited.
Diablo example:

taskkill /f /IM explorer.exe
start /w Diablo.exe
pause
start explorer.exe

That can be used as a template for any game. Most older games tend to work better with the GUI killed under Win 7/Vista.
Also if you experience games that show a black screen for the menu (ex. Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2) alt-tabbing out to desktop and then back in game usually fixes it.

This comment was edited on Oct 9, 2009, 16:59.

6 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo