Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sencho

Real Name Sencho   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Oct 12, 2008, 22:20
Total Comments 101 (Novice)
User ID 54437

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
11. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2014, 19:39 Sencho

Cutter wrote on Jan 27, 2014, 16:44:
This is good because it'll help put a stop to all the climate denying idiots and industries that support them.

Who is denying the earth has climate? I've not met anyone of that ilk, and I imagine they'd be fascinating talk too - probably think milk comes from supermarkets.

As for the merits of the case, Mann has been an exposed fraud for decades within science. His famed "Hockey Stick" graph was debunked back in the early 90s. He's still made a fortune off it, which was his likely goal all along.

Now if you factor in the starvation and damage Mann and his followers have inflicted on the people of Earth, then honestly comparing him to Sandusky is unfair. To Sandusky.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign
44. Re: Guild Wars 2 MMO Migration Campaign Nov 27, 2013, 14:50 Sencho

I fall in the camp of players NCSoft won't ever be able to poach. As a fan of City of Heroes I was aghast when they shut off a profitable franchise simply to re-purpose servers for GW2. If they treated fans and customers that poorly once to cut corners they'll do it again.

So no thanks NCSoft. You can't poach an egg you already fried.

News Comments > Dark Matter Ending Criticized, Explained
32. removed Oct 20, 2013, 22:20 Sencho

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Oct 21, 2013, 09:18.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 17, 2013, 21:56 Sencho

walrus1 wrote on Sep 17, 2013, 21:06:
Why even bother to post anything from Fox "News?" We all know it's complete and total bullshit.
Exactly, thank goodness CNN's there to get us the truth about the AR-15 shotgun used! </sarcasm>

More seriously, if you dismiss Fox because you dislike the opinion of their commentators then you're not really paying attention to any modern news organization at all.

News Comments > Shackleton Crater Kickstarter Craters
7. Re: Shackleton Crater Kickstarter Craters Mar 29, 2013, 08:06 Sencho

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 20:29:
Forget the game, or how awful it sounded... You can't just hop on Kickstarter and hold your hand out for $700k when nobody knows who the hell you are. Apparently he did have a team of devs behind him, but as an unrecognizable name and face of a studio, the most you'll be seeing is 1/10th of that amount, MAYBE.

Sad part is Joe Ybarra has a long history in games, albeit nothing major in ages.

Like Ybarra, though, this idea belongs in a different generation. The Moon hasn't excited people in 40 years.

News Comments > SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed
16. Re: SimCity Compensatory Games Revealed Mar 18, 2013, 14:32 Sencho

edaciousx wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 14:23:
holy crap guys you are all a bunch of ragers. Ever heard of the old saying "Don't look a gift horse in it's mouth?" I mean really, would you just prefer it if EA gave you guys NOTHING at all?

So what if they don't include DLC, like you need it. You guys just cry too damn much.

Personally, I'd have preferred EA release a product that was actually belonging to the SimCity franchise and, perhaps, worthy of that name. Releasing this bastardized, misconceived version and then patently lying - repeatedly - means EA (and their Maxis proxy) deserve nothing but scorn and ridicule.

The biggest mystery is how there are people unwilling to see this? EA's done nothing here worthy of loyalty.

News Comments > Australian R18+ Bill Introduced
5. Re: Australian R18+ Bill Introduced Feb 15, 2012, 17:07 Sencho

The deeper question is why they heck are game ratings and content legislated at all? Have the Aussies really not got anything better to do than micromanage branches of the entertainment industry?  

News Comments > Trion Breached
3. Re: Trion Breached Dec 23, 2011, 11:14 Sencho

Cutter wrote on Dec 23, 2011, 11:01:
So - like all these other companies - why didn't you take those preventative measures BEFORE the breach? The gubment needs to start forcing security audits on these clowns and fine them if they're not up to snuff. We need legislated standards for online e-commerce security.
Considering how often the "gubment" gets breached they're really the last group to have any authority here. Unless putting arsonists in charge of gasoline stockpiles has suddenly become a good idea.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fate of the World: Tipping Point
1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fate of the World: Tipping Point Sep 29, 2011, 20:59 Sencho

Shouldn't a game set "within a realistic world" use, I dunno, realism? Looking at their scenarios they're more going for the ultra-PC tripe from the disgraced East Anglica research unit.

Oh well, science isn't all that important when there's money to be made...just wish the world didn't have to support these credentialed yet ignorant folks.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Fox News / Tina Fey Jun 7, 2011, 12:28 Sencho

kanniballl wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 10:45:
Wow. Just wow.

Part of me hopes that's a fake, not that I actually like or trust Fox news but I'd hope they weren't so stupid.

I mean, did the art guy just do an image Google for Palin and pick one?
What's wrong with a Fox staffer making this mistake? CNN's and MSNBC's anchors have been attributing Tina Fey's "I can see Russia from my house" line to Palin. Repeatedly. The former is being incautious while the latter is fraud.

There's plenty of face-palmable stuff out there.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Feb 23, 2011, 13:06 Sencho

PropheT wrote on Feb 23, 2011, 12:19:
Except he's right. Of the ten or so people I know in real life that played WoW when the expansion came out, only one is still playing it and some of them were hardcore 3+ hour a day players that have been at it for years.
Ah yes, the old anecdotal 'X # of my friends do this thus it must be universally true.'

Sadly, most of the downturn right now is the normal post January lull that occurs every year in WoW. It was there last year, it was there before. And it'll be there again. To portray something that's an established trend as some new insight is rather sad in the end.

Then again, Top Ten Hammer may have just been needed to score some easy site hits with such a vacuous piece.

News Comments > Salem Perma-Death Explained
8. Re: Salem Perma-Death Explained Feb 10, 2011, 13:17 Sencho

WyldKat wrote on Feb 10, 2011, 12:41:
The Salem witch hunt was every bit as "light-hearted, charming, and cute" as the Holocaust.

The 10-year organized mass genocide of millions of hated peoples run by perhaps the most singular evil being in human history compares to a months-long, regional hysteria sparked by a few lunatic girls in what way exactly? The sense of scale is completely off. Heck they only similar items are death and insanity...and you find that at a soccer riot.

So, I guess you'd oppose a "light-hearted, charming, and cute" English soccer riot game then.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 31, 2010, 22:31 Sencho

Got to love XKCD.

This comment was edited on Dec 31, 2010, 22:38.

News Comments > Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours
14. Re: Cataclysm Sells 3.3m in 24 Hours Dec 13, 2010, 12:23 Sencho

kxmode wrote on Dec 13, 2010, 12:03:
Yes, it does... big time, but the game is also dumbed down.
Step into a Cataclysm era dungeon and compare it to a LK dungeon. The complexity there was brought up several notches.

News Comments > Gold - Europa Universalis III Divine Wind
5. Re: Gold - Europa Universalis III Divine Wind Dec 8, 2010, 18:50 Sencho

I've been playing EU3 and it's precursors for about 10 years now. They're marvelous products that'll suck you in, consume your soul, and won't ask a monthly fee for it.  

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch Stuff
4. Re: World of Warcraft: Catalyst Launch Stuff Dec 6, 2010, 14:11 Sencho

Catalyst? Confused

ed: Ah, the catalyst brought a cataclysm. Thanks Blue.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2010, 14:39.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Nov 19, 2010, 19:51 Sencho

Jivaro wrote on Nov 19, 2010, 12:29:
a smart minority. An aware minority.

Actually, no they are not. They proclaim themselves to be this but they are shallow, empty shells with neither the intelligence to see the world as it is nor the wisdom to see themselves as fools for their egotistical, self-righteous displays. This author is so blinded by anti-Americanism and all the PC junk that trolls along with it his whole article isn't worth the pixels its displayed with.

News Comments > WoW Welcomes You Back
22. Re: WoW Welcomes You Back Nov 15, 2010, 14:44 Sencho

Meanwhile the millions of WoW players aren't available to provide counterpoint as they're enjoying the product.  

10. Re: 2010 Tied with 1998 as Warmest Global Temperature on Record. Oct 20, 2010, 15:47 Sencho

AirWreck wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 14:29:
Sencho wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 12:44:

And yet there is as much science in Mag's comment as in NOAA's BS position about world temperatures. I'm not sure when NOAA fell to politicization but it's completely gone as a research body.

In what way have they fallen to politicization? Is there a scientific body whose research on climate you trust?

Well, I come at this with a graduate education in geology, so Prof. Christy's outfit at Alabama is about it nowadays in terms of a group whose data I'd use. East Anglica, NASA, and NOAA are all pretty much corrupt and bankrupt as their chiefs make so much money from supporting fraudulent hypothesis that their data is massaged to fit the message.

Take NOAA for example. An audit of their climate stations found that roughly four stations in five fail to comply with their requirements for accuracy - over 1C or more out of alignment and always over-reporting the temperature. So the raw data the collect is bunk to begin with.

Further, they've shuttered about 75% of their monitoring stations over the past 20 years using other stations to fill in for the shuttered ones. The stations that replace the closed ones are invariably at lower altitude - thereby always warmer.

For another take on it read here.

4. Re: 2010 Tied with 1998 as Warmest Global Temperature on Record. Oct 20, 2010, 12:44 Sencho

Enahs wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 12:39:
mag wrote on Oct 20, 2010, 12:29:
! Carbon dioxide is not a greenhouse gas, otherwise Coke would be warm!

LOL! Man, best thing I have read in a long time. If you came up with that, you are a comic genius! Was that your original saying or did I miss that somewhere?

And yet there is as much science in Mag's comment as in NOAA's BS position about world temperatures. I'm not sure when NOAA fell to politicization but it's completely gone as a research body.

101 Comments. 6 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo