Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sleeeeepy

Real Name Sleeeeepy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sleeeeepy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 6, 2008, 18:30
Total Comments 131 (Novice)
User ID 54413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 27, 2010, 19:02 Sleeeeepy

Grats Blue. Glad you kept up with this page for so long without it affecting you actually having a life (right?), long may it continue.

Don't forget to roll out the boat next year, you ain't gonna get away with half a day on your 15th. Get looni back for a guest day or something

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
24. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 18:12 Sleeeeepy

born2expire wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 18:03:
kxmode wrote on Apr 27, 2010, 13:26:
Nobody calls it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare; they simply call it Modern Warfare. Activision lost!

Everyone i know calls it Cod (as in the fish), as do most people. none of this Modern Warfare or Mdub bullshit.

Not sure you can really speak for "most people" - I have found the opposite on the various forum communities I visit and also in real life (there are those who call it Cod<number> or whatever, but those are the ones so invested that they have counted the number of games in the series, others like me tend call it Modern Warfare)

edit: though I've never ever seen or heard anyone call it Mdub, not even once

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
23. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 18:10 Sleeeeepy

I say kudos to them for showing this solidarity - that snowball has started so well, and it's gonna keep on rolling. Good times...  

News Comments > On MW2 Bonuses
17. Re: On MW2 Bonuses Apr 23, 2010, 06:37 Sleeeeepy

Yeah I would just wait until the bonus is paid then get the fuck out. I'm sure Respawn will keep a few seats warm, and even if they don't you leave with a nice bonus and one of the most financially successful games in history on your CV.  

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
13. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Apr 22, 2010, 08:08 Sleeeeepy

One the one hand I'm impressed with the ongoing support it's received so far, saying this is all stuff that should have been in there is kinda true but also nitpicking since they would have been insane to let the release date get any closer to starcraft 2.

On the other hand though, everything Prez said is spot on, this is not a game I'm interesting in playing (as much as I wanted it to be).

News Comments > Battlestations Developer Closed
5. Re: Battlestations Developer Closed Apr 20, 2010, 07:58 Sleeeeepy

Considering what their influence did to supreme commander 2, I doubt they were ever on course to become best in the RTS genre

edit: Square that is, not Eidos Hungary

News Comments > David Allen vs Derek Smart
49. Re: David Allen vs Derek Smart Apr 15, 2010, 17:37 Sleeeeepy

What the hell? I don't come to a DS thread for reasonable dialogue and compromise! Someone call someone else a nazi, quick  

News Comments > Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend
14. Re: Free MW2 on Steam this Weekend Apr 7, 2010, 12:32 Sleeeeepy

PropheT wrote on Apr 7, 2010, 12:25:
I'd guess it's more of an effort to sell more map packs than it being an issue with dwindling numbers, but who knows.

This is the correct answer I'd think. Reignite the interest by having people who don't own it bug people who have owned it but stopped playing to come back.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2010, 15:58 Sleeeeepy

Cars and track look pretty stunning, photorealistic is kind of a cliche but they've got it down.

Now let's hope the cardboard cutout trees are placeholders, because damn.

News Comments > No Changes for Gordon Freeman
12. Re: No Changes for Gordon Freeman Apr 5, 2010, 15:57 Sleeeeepy

ASeven wrote on Apr 5, 2010, 12:14:
Interesting that Valve is starting to talk about Freeman now.

HL3 must be coming really soon now, it seems.

I'm thinking that Portal 2 might lead nicely into Ep3/HL3. Maybe I'm just being optimistic here, but I really want some completion to the HL saga rather than it getting Broussard'd.

I know Portal 2 is set in the future, but if there's not some crazy twist involved in that then they're doing it wrong.

News Comments > Codemasters Outsources 50% Stake
4. Re: Codemasters Outsources 50% Stake Apr 5, 2010, 15:53 Sleeeeepy

This does not bode well. I wonder if this was finalised now because of the recent announced tax breaks for gaming industry. If so, I'm not sure this was what they intended it for...  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 4, 2010, 18:23 Sleeeeepy

Since I have no concept of pattern recognition I will probably do exactly the same with Borderlands  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 4, 2010, 18:23 Sleeeeepy

jimnms wrote on Apr 4, 2010, 14:39:
Are people buying L4D2 and just not playing it? There doesn't seem to be very many games going on considering how long it's been listed on the top 10 list.

I bought it a couple of weeks ago during the 50% off sale, but since I was out of town last week I wasn't able to play it until this week. I ran through each chapter in single player to get a feel for the map, then started playing online Thursday.

Yeah I got it during the sale, haven't launched it yet. I also got GTA 4, Arkham Asylum, Prototype, Flashpoint2 and god knows what else on sale too, and haven't launched those either. Oops.

Yet.

News Comments > OpenTTD Version 1.0.0
1. Re: OpenTTD Version 1.0.0 Apr 4, 2010, 16:38 Sleeeeepy

They've done a great job with this. It's a great laptop game, and hey, you can play it whilst disconnected from the internet!

I also can't help but feel this would work great on the ipad, not that I have one or am especially planning to get one (though if one fell in my hands I wouldn't refuse it...)

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround
12. Re: Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround Mar 29, 2010, 15:29 Sleeeeepy

Verno wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 14:14:
Yeah it's frustrating for sure. This would be my nerf list:

- M60 damage and damage/range ratio lowered
- M1911 pistol damage capped to 30 yard range
- 40mm grenade launcher longer reload, lowered damage
- Carl Gustav lower splash and lowered damage without explosion perk

*looks at above list*
*thinks*
*makes it so you can't talk whilst dead over the barely working ingame VOIP*
*is DICE*

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 29, 2010, 13:46 Sleeeeepy

Well isn't that handy. I was just about to make use of that to be an overnight downloader linux install in order to not bother my housemates downloading during the day. Since I don't use the PS3 for gaming much any more after completing Uncharted 2, guess I have no reason not to sell it now vOv  

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed DRM article Mar 29, 2010, 12:40 Sleeeeepy

Well it's interesting to see an article that pushes the subject from the other side, but it still reads to me like a contrarian work published in order to drive traffic to the site from wikipedia links and whatnot about a controversial subject.

Some small points are made, but overall it doesn't especially provide any sway on any angles beyond those that ubi themselves are already trying to push. It's more like "well it works for my situation, so is it that bad really?" type fare. Also, very US centric when the DRM itself is pushed worldwide as a one-size-fits-all type deal.

A mildly interesting read, but does not convincingly address the genuine issues.

News Comments > Call of Duty 7 Details?
5. Re: Call of Duty 7 Details? Mar 29, 2010, 12:26 Sleeeeepy

Well I'll keep an eye on this but not exactly gonna be chomping at the bit. BC2 giving me tons of entertainment, and hopefully we'll start to see news of BF3 cropping up soon now that BC2 is entrenched.  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround
2. Re: Bad Company 2 Kit Pick-up Workaround Mar 29, 2010, 12:25 Sleeeeepy

Sometimes DICE have weird priorities. With loud reports of glaring balance issues and various bugs, they will find something completely irrelevant that no one cares about then fix that. And claim it as a victory.

They've made some pretty good games though and given me countless hours of entertainment so this isn't a slating, just an observation that they can be... odd.

News Comments > C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans
4. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 28, 2010, 17:06 Sleeeeepy

an "ISP provider" you say? Let me get right on that  

131 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo