Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sleeeeepy

Real Name Sleeeeepy   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Sleeeeepy
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description hi
Homepage None given.
Signed On Oct 6, 2008, 18:30
Total Comments 131 (Novice)
User ID 54413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlefest
4. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlefest Jul 9, 2014, 23:51 Sleeeeepy

Kevin Lowe wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 21:00:
If your camo is helping you stand out on the battlefield, is it really doing its job? I think I want the kind that helps me not stand out.

Came here to post something like this, beaten

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 7, 2014, 20:09 Sleeeeepy

It feels to me that there's very little excuse for people letting this happen to them nowadays. Though in this case, it looks like he realised the initial error was on their side rather than the company at least. And maybe there should be a way to force disconnect a roaming phone under the control of the home telco.  

News Comments > Clandestine Alpha Testing
1. Re: Clandestine Alpha Testing Jun 26, 2014, 23:29 Sleeeeepy

Seems like an interesting concept, hadn't heard of this before.  

News Comments > OpenXcom Version 1.0
5. Re: OpenXcom Version 1.0 Jun 15, 2014, 22:20 Sleeeeepy

They've done a really good job on this, the new stuff is subtle enough but with so much scope for more (if you want to).

harlock wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 19:54:
http://www.xenonauts.com/

Um yes, that is indeed a link to something kinda related although I'm sure most people reading this are already aware of it.

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Website Missing
1. Re: XCOM Shooter Website Missing Apr 13, 2013, 14:09 Sleeeeepy

Cool. Would be a shame if the effort thus far went to waste. I'm sure there's a game in there worthy of release, but it's not xcom. It will do better with its own identity,  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks
16. Re: BioShock Infinite Steam Pre-purchase Unlocks Feb 23, 2013, 10:53 Sleeeeepy

Yes, Xcom is an excellent game that everyone should own however you may be able to get a good separate deal on it in the near future, and Spec Ops is also pretty solid. I don't think there's a clear absolute answer to this one, so hopefully everyone can make their own call.

But if you go for the GMG and you don't have xcom, get xcom separately. It owns.

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month?
60. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDP Reveal Next Month? Jan 12, 2013, 04:13 Sleeeeepy

Loved the trailer, loved the music - I thought it fit perfectly and really made the trailer come alive.

The official video for that track is kinda freaky: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6nbFZtxAL4

News Comments > Free Battlefield 1942
16. Re: Free Battlefield 1942 Nov 5, 2012, 16:05 Sleeeeepy

Hmm can't get into origin right now, guess related to this.

As for some hidden agenda, it's a nice gesture that cost them very little money, and I think the only "ulterior motive" would be to push Origin a bit more into people's mindspace. Honestly, everyone wins. If you don't consider it a win, don't download it, move on with your life unmolested.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: XCOM Developer Can't Sell His Own Game. Oct 4, 2012, 15:10 Sleeeeepy

Will W wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:57:
That was a great video.

Jake Solomon owns, and xcom is gonna be sweeeet (though there's a couple of kb/mouse control tweaks I would love to see in a patch asap after launch)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Sep 13, 2012, 15:13 Sleeeeepy

Unknown Soldier wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 02:52:
Damn, I was in Goonfleet with Vile Rat, talked to him at length about foreign service jobs a couple years ago even.

Yup I remember him from my GF days too, and when I say he was a cool guy it is not something said because of the circumstances, it's genuine and true. I didn't really have any direct dealings with him, but this still feels very close to home.

I do remember those threads where he'd highlight the experience of working in his role, and helping out anyone interested in doing the same. I don't think he'd want anyone to think differently about doing so even after this.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs
36. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Preorders; System Specs Sep 7, 2012, 16:17 Sleeeeepy

Qbex . wrote on Sep 7, 2012, 10:36:
even better use : GMG25-1BW0K-K1A3G for 25% off that

Thanks for this, worked great. I think we might miss out on the potential free civ5 by doing it this way, but I already got that anyway and so do most people I know.

News Comments > Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M
24. Re: Stardock Sues Ex-Employee for $1M Aug 16, 2012, 14:48 Sleeeeepy

Wonder what her ebay history is like

POWERPOINT SLIDES/CARDBOARD CUTOUTS/ANALYTICS $1 NO RESERVE L@@K

News Comments > C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer
35. Re: C&C Generals 2 Becoming F2P Command & Conquer Aug 15, 2012, 16:53 Sleeeeepy

w...wait... what? What just happened? Where am I? What is this? I don't get it. Hold me.  

News Comments > Prevent Gaming Interruptions
39. Re: Prevent Gaming Interruptions Aug 9, 2012, 14:29 Sleeeeepy

The only thing that really screws me over when gaming is when windows sometimes randomly and extremely helpfully alt tabs me out of BF3 to advise me that it has "detected the computer is running slowly" and would I like to disable Aero.

Firstly, no, no I would not, I like aero. Secondly I had no slowness or framerate problems at all, so nice work there. Thirdly, thanks for the "always disable aero when slowness is detected" option which I will start ignoring immediately because that's the opposite of what I want to do, but you seem to have misplaced the "never bother me about this retarded crap again" option.

Non of the solutions I've googled relating to this have worked, except maybe for the ones that involve not running aero at all which doesn't interest me.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 PC Features
48. Re: Borderlands 2 PC Features Mar 17, 2012, 19:39 Sleeeeepy

I really got a lot out of the first one, and enjoyed it thoroughly despite some of the UI issues and shit like that (also haha gamespy).

The humour and the I'm-not-taking-myself-seriously style gameplay made it a favourite to me, and this looks like they will iron out some of the crappier elements so I'm optimistic.

Plus the humour is still there. Lookin forward.

News Comments > Australia Syndicate Classification Refusal Explained
9. Re: Australia Syndicate Classification Refusal Explained Dec 21, 2011, 07:50 Sleeeeepy

Now if they'd just written "They took an IP with a fine history behind it and shoved it into an overused format with little need for the IP at all" as the reason for refusing classification they'd have probably gotten a lot more head nodding.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only
8. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 09:03 Sleeeeepy

OK I just realised that this would only be an issue if I was actually going to buy the game, gonna get me a refund on this noose  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only
7. Re: Call of Duty Elite TV Console Only Nov 5, 2011, 09:02 Sleeeeepy

oh no, I don't get to see michelle rodriguez be the same character she is in every single film, heading off to kill myself right now, brb  

News Comments > Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development
28. Re: Consoles Became "Lead Platform" Late in BF3 Development Nov 1, 2011, 12:04 Sleeeeepy

Half a development cycle of attention is more than we usually get I guess  

News Comments > More Sony Hacking
1. Re: More Sony Hacking Oct 12, 2011, 11:03 Sleeeeepy

Heh, the dry sarcasm in that last sentence made me grin  

131 Comments. 7 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo