Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rossafur

Real Name Rossafur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 06:16
Total Comments 252 (Amateur)
User ID 54395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
12. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 7, 2013, 23:22 Rossafur

"We realized we'd save a lot of money if we just decided to stop paying the creators of what our games depend on. We're also looking into if we might be able to switch over a large portion of our non-management personnel to 'unpaid internship' status."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure
2. Re: MechWarrior Online Adds Team Structure Apr 16, 2013, 22:53 Rossafur

Every update is one step forward, 2 steps back with all the new bugs. Doesn't make any sense how I've been experiencing far more CORE (not related to added features) bugs now than I did when it first entered open beta...  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Preorders
23. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Apr 6, 2013, 13:53 Rossafur

Nope, I watched the mortar landing on it and the health going down, but it actually was likely around 30 seconds, with my Stug not managing to do much of anything to the mortar unit. I was speechless. And can you not drive over infantry anymore? I even tried that to no avail...  

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
11. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Apr 6, 2013, 13:50 Rossafur

Criiiipes can we get some term limits in place already? Though I suppose the underlying problem is that the idiots in California keep re-electing her...
Keeping driving out business and punishing everyone because of a few bad apples, while doing nothing to fix the root problems, Cali, it's totally working out awesomely for you.

21. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Apr 6, 2013, 01:41 Rossafur

Ok, gave it a go with a couple rounds of actual MP... Mortars are still completely ridiculous, and it looks like people have learned how to exploit them as bad as the AI already. I drove my tank (Stug, but still) right up to them and they were still able to fire (like... 20 feet in front of them) and destroy it, without taking losses.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins
30. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins Apr 4, 2013, 16:39 Rossafur

I'll give actual MP a try too then. The thing that has been most frustrating in the past (aside from the twitch gameplay when I prefer building elaborate defenses, building a strong army, and then strategically advancing on the enemy) is that the playerbase has tended to quickly shrink down to pretty much only the most hardcore power-gamers, with everyone else migrating to... SC2 or something else with more marketing. Just try and find a ranked match in CoH (or even worse, DoW 2) anymore... Painful.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins
22. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Closed Beta Begins Apr 4, 2013, 01:29 Rossafur

Gah, yeah, at least the AI with mortars is absolutely ridiculous. I thought they said this was going to be a deeper, more tactical game than before. Seems an even spazzier twitch RTS than before. As mentioned, turtling doesn't seem to work at all anymore. Look away for an instant and all your units, even though they were all in cover, some even in buildings, are completely wiped out. And yes, the graphics look muddier and cartoony than before. Don't see myself wasting much more time on this beta until some serious patching gets done. If I want to kill some Russkies, I'll just play the CoH Eastern Front mod in the meantime... /rage quit  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 31, 2013, 20:05 Rossafur

Also, it never helps you sound like a super deep philosophical intellectual activist-type when you spell straitjacket wrong.  

News Comments > Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo
10. Re: Activision Shows Real-Time Character Demo Mar 28, 2013, 14:22 Rossafur

Sony or Square Enix would have been smart and used a cute Japanese girl so my reaction to it wouldn't have been, "Gah! Kill it with fire!!!" like I did with Uncle Fester here...  

News Comments > Co-op a "Big Focus" of Diablo III 1.0.8
6. Re: Co-op a Mar 8, 2013, 03:17 Rossafur

When terms like "farming" and "efficiency" (and then combined to "farming efficiency") are officially spoken of as part of your action/adventure game, it's... a sad, sad state of affairs. Might as well just start using psychological terms like "operant conditioning" to really let it out in the open how you've long since moved from harmless entertainment to the (more profitable) realm of training your consumers to keep pecking away at that lever in hopes of receiving more feed, like so many clucking experimental chickens...  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
6. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 18, 2013, 20:17 Rossafur

Translation: "We're the ones responsible for dumbing down FPS games for so long that players are now themselves too dumb to handle anything more complex! Bow down!"

Haven't other companies given up on making multiplayer FPS's cross-platform because the mouse/kb combo players destroy controller players?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
27. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 15, 2013, 17:27 Rossafur

The government is generally far more interested in extracting money from you than stopping real crime, so I see these drones ending up being used to rack up fines (speeding/parking/traffic violations, etc) more than stopping legitimate crime that doesn't make them money...  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
32. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 13, 2013, 19:07 Rossafur

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 14:43:
This week in CA a person goes in with a shotgun, only shot one and they are are in critical but stable. That is the difference between handgun/rifle/shotgun vs spray and pray guns. Not that someone won't die, but it does limit it. Hence... doing a little better.

Can't believe I still hear people on a daily basis saying they believe that machine-guns are legal, and that's what's being used in these shootings. Full-auto has been illegal for quite awhile for the average citizen to own. The AR-15's and AK-47's you can legally buy in the US are semi-auto, meaning one bullet per pull of the trigger. Most all handguns (for quite a long time now) are semi-auto too (and handguns kill farrrr more people in the US any other type of firearm), and there are semi-auto shotguns as well (though even a pump-action can be fired quickly enough with practice).

Oh, and a shotgun at close range is generally going to be more deadly than an AR-15 (5.56mm/.223 caliber) or many handguns, but of course it depends on where you get hit.

Things that designated weapons as "assault weapons" were basically cosmetic (they "look" scary!) and had nothing to do with the lethality... Pistol grip, bayonet lug (because you hear about all those bayonet attacks going on), flash suppressor (just prevents the shooter from being blinded when firing in the dark), and collapsible/telescoping butt stocks.

Oh and if that guy in Aurora had used the explosives he had set up in his apartment in the theater instead, he probably would have killed a whole lot more people than he did. The worst school killing in American history occurred in 1927, where 44 people were killed by a suicidal farmer with his dynamite-filled car.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
16. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jan 13, 2013, 01:24 Rossafur

People who don't play violent video games don't see a problem with banning violent video games, and people who don't own firearms don't see a problem with banning firearms... Amazing how that works, isn't it?

Basically the story of my life with all my hobbies, ha. I play violent video games, I own firearms (and none for hunting, just for going to the range,for home/self-defense, and collecting), I used to play airsoft a lot back in high school, I used to own ferrets, and my dog is a wolf hybrid. Oh and I guess generally being a bit of a tree-hugger puts my interests at odds with quite a few too, haha

News Comments > Skyrim Dragonborn DLC "Early Next Year"
1. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn DLC "Early Next Year" Dec 3, 2012, 20:28 Rossafur

Jerk-faces. Stupid Microshaft and their exclusivity deals.  

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
1. Re: THQ in Defaults on Credit Line Nov 11, 2012, 14:10 Rossafur

"the Company"?
THQ is the infamous Company from Aliens?? I guess Ripley really screwed them pretty bad by thwarting their plans afterall...

19. Re: Company of Heroes 2 Preorders Sep 25, 2012, 00:45 Rossafur

If you go to the pre-order page for the Digital Collector's Edition at the THQ store it basically confirms there will be levels/unlockables, as it says that version will give you an XP boost.
I'd go find the exact quote again, except that I got locked out of the page somehow for being a 'tard and clicking enter instead of entering my birthdate...

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Sep 8, 2012, 00:44 Rossafur

Seems every time a Kotaku article shows up on here it's some ridiculous entitlement BS or just plain trolling. Do they write ANYTHING worthwhile? I don't feel particularly inclined to really look into it myself...  

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
3. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 13:41 Rossafur

Adding: "This change will of course add another year to development. Possibly more once we realize that being an FPS, the appearance of the character you play doesn't really matter, and thus we'll add in a 3rd person mode."  

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
6. Re: Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World Jul 2, 2012, 23:03 Rossafur

Well, Doom-sayers, I'm enjoying the game, have been since Friday and have had zero issues logging in or crashes or server outages or any other such thing. But then I enjoyed SWTOR in the beginning too... (which was a much less friendly launch, though)  

252 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo