Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rossafur

Real Name Rossafur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 06:16
Total Comments 234 (Novice)
User ID 54395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines
3. Re: Playable Female Characters in Aliens: Colonial Marines Sep 3, 2012, 13:41 Rossafur

Adding: "This change will of course add another year to development. Possibly more once we realize that being an FPS, the appearance of the character you play doesn't really matter, and thus we'll add in a 3rd person mode."  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World
6. Re: Funcom CEO Steps Down on Eve of The Secret World Jul 2, 2012, 23:03 Rossafur

Well, Doom-sayers, I'm enjoying the game, have been since Friday and have had zero issues logging in or crashes or server outages or any other such thing. But then I enjoyed SWTOR in the beginning too... (which was a much less friendly launch, though)  

News Comments > Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch
13. Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Patch Jul 1, 2012, 14:04 Rossafur

Acleacius wrote on Jul 1, 2012, 00:16:
If your happy with it, that's great.

However unless he has removed all the added content, like his textures then it's not "Just a Fix" at all, unlike BUP Basic. It's more like self promotion, since he claims it's only fixes and used it to divide the community.

He was forced to remove all the content he used from BUP and Wesp had to Trademark it to stop him, iirc.

+1
From everything I saw/read, Tessera was/is a raaaaaging egomaniacal douchebag (going well beyond just the VTMB stuff), and his most fervent supporters tend to be huge pains in the arse as well...

News Comments > Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs
3. Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City Preorders; Specs May 4, 2012, 23:03 Rossafur

Commence the countdown until they blame the PC release's poor sales on piracy, lol...  

News Comments > The Walking Dead Episode One Released
17. Re: The Walking Dead Episode One Released Apr 29, 2012, 00:13 Rossafur

I don't think there's anyone left on the show I care about, at all. But I went ahead and read the Compendium 1 after season 2 was over, and I didn't really care about any of the characters in that either. Basically just reinforced all my negative stereotypes about comic books and why I never got into them.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow
11. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patch Tomorrow Mar 28, 2012, 16:49 Rossafur

Wow, they're selling complete kit unlock packs with this on Origin now too...  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2012, 14:16 Rossafur

A couple quick thoughts about the human CO2 emissions article:

1. As one commenter pointed out, the argument is akin to saying that since people killed each other before guns were invented, guns couldn't also be used to kill people.

2. The Daily Mail is *not* a super reliable source.

3. "The research was recently published online in the journal Earth And Planetary Science Letters and will appear in print on ****April 1****." [emphasis mine]

News Comments > World of Darkness Footage
21. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 16:33 Rossafur

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 16:25:
Actually, you are wrong.

"I’m helping with the design of the World Of Darkness game, which is now in production"
-Reynir Harđarson (March 31st, 2008)

So yes, the game has been "in production" for going on at least 4 years now, if not longer, since White Wolf merged with CCP back in 2006.

Actually, they are STILL in pre-production.
"We are still in pre-production," Reid [chief marketing officer David Reid]explained."
From the EVE fanfest.

eurogamer.net/articles/2012-03-22-world-of-darkness-still-being-developed-by-ccp

18. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 26, 2012, 13:41 Rossafur

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 01:22:
It's just a static cityscape...and really just a single street. I mean, if you are going to show off footage of a game that has been in full production since 2008, I'd expect that you'd have more than this.

Actually, they said they were still in PRE-production at least as recently as early last year.

8. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 25, 2012, 22:48 Rossafur

Ray Marden wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 21:59:
Remember, CCP can only afford to have about four people working on this these days...
Maybe it can get the Dust 514 crew once that bombs.
That aside, this just seems a bit underwhelming. It is a continuation of what we have seen before and does nothing to reall detail the scop of the world, the gameplay, player interaction, etc.

Fearing this property will rot while CCP tries to patch up Eve,
Ray

Actually they said at the panel that they still have 55 people working on it (and "all AAA"), though they've had to be rotated in and out to work on both EVE and Dust. Once Dust launches they'll be able to scale up the WoD team again.

3. Re: World of Darkness Footage Mar 25, 2012, 15:50 Rossafur

grudgebearer wrote on Mar 25, 2012, 11:56:
Well...that's...utterly underwhelming.

It's a short clip of a pre-alpha "graphics test" shown during a panel at a fanfest, and a recording of a recording in a dark room at that, cut them some slack (the game is unlikely to be released until 2014 at minimum). Even with all that, you can make out some pretty advanced lighting effects, and a far more detailed environment than any other MMOs (maybe comparable to the upcoming The Secret World).

I'm just depressed that I'll be 30 by the time this comes out...

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill
28. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 20, 2012, 23:04 Rossafur

There was a time that this would have really upset me (probably in the "I will effing KILL YOU for saying that violent video games make people violent!!!" variety). That time ended when I turned 18, and none of it would apply to me anymore. And now that I'm 28, I really *really* don't care, because the fewer annoying little brats in my online games, the better, imho... Haha  

News Comments > World of the Living Dead Open Beta
1. Re: World of the Living Dead Open Beta Mar 14, 2012, 23:06 Rossafur

Never would have thought a trailer for a zombie game would put me to sleep... Must be more like a pen and paper game converted to a computer interface.  

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Trailer
4. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Trailer Mar 14, 2012, 18:32 Rossafur

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 16:51:
You have to be kidding me...a pause button....have not seen that in games since the late 80's. Do these guys know we have moved on to another century?

That makes this game an immediate pass for me. Been there done that years ago. I have no intention of doing it again in a game.

Ever heard of a little game called "Dragon Age"?
Though for these guys using the word "pause" is misleading, as apparently it just slows it down a ton. And then saying there's no way to completely stop the action sounds... not so likely to be truly the case. Gotta be able to pause the game somehow (pulling up a menu or something) for the phone, the door, the dog, food, potty time, etc etc....

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Official
3. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 Rossafur

Troy Duffy's *still* trying to milk that for all it's worth, I see... He was on Adam Carolla's podcast awhile back, trying to clear his name for coming across as an egomaniacal douche in the "Overnight" documentary, and well... didn't really work as intended. Non-stop references to the success of The Boondock Saints, though.  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2012, 10:00 Rossafur

Prez wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 08:06:
Vampire: Bloodlines 2 - there's a kickstart project I'd donate generously to...

Definitely!
Also, Steam should really just link straight to http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php whenever you buy VTMB. The people who complain that it isn't "true" to the developer's intentions are generally egomaniacal douches that most in the community have learned to ignore (*cough* Tessera *cough* Don Strudel *cough*)...

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 1, 2012, 22:36 Rossafur

Think he meant the RTS MechCommander. But yeah it looks to be turn-based. A bargain bin turn-based game (which would be hard, seeing as how it's F2P, but you get my drift, haha).  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Feb 29, 2012, 14:26 Rossafur

I'm guessing they changed it from "All systems nominal" to "All systems online" to highlight the fact that the game is "all online". Still, it gave my nostalgia a bit of whiplash to hear that change, ha.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
19. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:40 Rossafur

Gah, 3025 so no Clans. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not only does the Inner Sphere itself suck, their mech designs blow as well. They're almost all just your typical super-dated looking 80's robots.  

News Comments > Skyrim Sizzle Reel
20. Re: Skyrim Sizzle Reel Feb 9, 2012, 13:51 Rossafur

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 13:44:
Computers no longer represent "fun" to me, they represent "work."

You got a funny way of showing it, posting here all the time.

Bazinga! I have a 360 and I haven't played a game on it in years. Everything I really want is on my PC and better. And I usually have the TV on as background noise while I'm gaming, and frequently switch between different games and searching things online on top of that.

234 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo