Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rossafur

Real Name Rossafur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 06:16
Total Comments 222 (Novice)
User ID 54395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > World of the Living Dead Open Beta
1. Re: World of the Living Dead Open Beta Mar 14, 2012, 23:06 Rossafur

Never would have thought a trailer for a zombie game would put me to sleep... Must be more like a pen and paper game converted to a computer interface.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game of Thrones RPG Trailer
4. Re: Game of Thrones RPG Trailer Mar 14, 2012, 18:32 Rossafur

Ozmodan wrote on Mar 14, 2012, 16:51:
You have to be kidding me...a pause button....have not seen that in games since the late 80's. Do these guys know we have moved on to another century?

That makes this game an immediate pass for me. Been there done that years ago. I have no intention of doing it again in a game.

Ever heard of a little game called "Dragon Age"?
Though for these guys using the word "pause" is misleading, as apparently it just slows it down a ton. And then saying there's no way to completely stop the action sounds... not so likely to be truly the case. Gotta be able to pause the game somehow (pulling up a menu or something) for the phone, the door, the dog, food, potty time, etc etc....

News Comments > The Boondock Saints Game Official
3. Re: The Boondock Saints Game Official Mar 12, 2012, 10:38 Rossafur

Troy Duffy's *still* trying to milk that for all it's worth, I see... He was on Adam Carolla's podcast awhile back, trying to clear his name for coming across as an egomaniacal douche in the "Overnight" documentary, and well... didn't really work as intended. Non-stop references to the success of The Boondock Saints, though.  

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Mar 3, 2012, 10:00 Rossafur

Prez wrote on Mar 3, 2012, 08:06:
Vampire: Bloodlines 2 - there's a kickstart project I'd donate generously to...

Definitely!
Also, Steam should really just link straight to http://www.patches-scrolls.de/vampire_bloodlines.php whenever you buy VTMB. The people who complain that it isn't "true" to the developer's intentions are generally egomaniacal douches that most in the community have learned to ignore (*cough* Tessera *cough* Don Strudel *cough*)...

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Evening Screenshots Mar 1, 2012, 22:36 Rossafur

Think he meant the RTS MechCommander. But yeah it looks to be turn-based. A bargain bin turn-based game (which would be hard, seeing as how it's F2P, but you get my drift, haha).  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer
13. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Feb 29, 2012, 14:26 Rossafur

I'm guessing they changed it from "All systems nominal" to "All systems online" to highlight the fact that the game is "all online". Still, it gave my nostalgia a bit of whiplash to hear that change, ha.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Announced
19. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Announced Feb 21, 2012, 18:40 Rossafur

Gah, 3025 so no Clans. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Not only does the Inner Sphere itself suck, their mech designs blow as well. They're almost all just your typical super-dated looking 80's robots.  

News Comments > Skyrim Sizzle Reel
20. Re: Skyrim Sizzle Reel Feb 9, 2012, 13:51 Rossafur

PHJF wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 13:44:
Computers no longer represent "fun" to me, they represent "work."

You got a funny way of showing it, posting here all the time.

Bazinga! I have a 360 and I haven't played a game on it in years. Everything I really want is on my PC and better. And I usually have the TV on as background noise while I'm gaming, and frequently switch between different games and searching things online on top of that.

News Comments > Skyrim Sizzle Reel
14. Re: Skyrim Sizzle Reel Feb 9, 2012, 13:28 Rossafur

I don't know whether to be incredibly excited because all of that is possible, or pissed because it only took a WEEK to implement all that (balancing that may be required aside). I guess I should err on the side of excited, since mod makers will now undoubtedly be able to recreate most if not all of it before Bethesda gets around to it (as paid DLC).  

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
14. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 15:03 Rossafur

Now comes the process of figuring out if this replaces *all* of the textures, and which -if not all, are better than the best unofficial ones already created... Maybe I should just wait and let the STEP guide author figure it out for me, haha  

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
41. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 13:18 Rossafur

Kelbor wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 13:05:
What would be the best surprise is that Bethesda would release a 64bit executable along with the Creation Kit so we can make the most out of it. I feel the continuing use of 32bit executable is what is holding the PC platform back.

They already added LAA (large address aware) in a previous patch.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
20. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 01:04 Rossafur

Slashman wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:54:
Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522
Cowardly horses mod (horses run away now instead of fighting everything)

Aaand
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2590
Cowardly (or cautious, if you prefer) wolves, for wolf lovers like me who hate being forced to kill unnaturally aggressive/suicidal wolves all the time.

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
8. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 15:41 Rossafur

Furthermore, why do they still have the worst streaming video quality available anywhere? Jeeeez.  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt
16. Re: CD Projekt RED Ceasing Witcher 2 Piracy Witch Hunt Jan 12, 2012, 14:51 Rossafur

Now if only the pr0n companies would stop their fishing expedition lawsuits... But nope, they won't as long as they remain profitable. The way it is now they can extort more money out of people than they'd ever get if they were paying members for 20 years. And even if you're completely innocent, it'd generally cost more (and suck away more of your life, and risk social/career repercussions) to fight it than to just settle. Weeee!  

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
10. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 7, 2012, 20:03 Rossafur

Lorcin wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 19:30:
Rossafur wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 18:34:
I bloody hope they don't retroactively make some of my companions gay and my previously innocent compliments mean I'm suddenly in a relationship with them - btw before you condemn me as being homophobic imagine if the changes suddenly mean your in a straight relationship.

Furthermore if having ANY kind of relationship with a VIRTUAL character means that much to you that you'd stop playing the game, I strongly suggest you put the mouse down and go to the nearest gay/straight/transgender/hermaphrodite bar.

There's no way that would possibly happen, as every romance line is denoted with [flirt]. I have no problem with the game allowing any sort of romance option so long as it's always just an OPTION, ie: the way it already is -denoted with [flirt] in the dialogue choices.
I play the game for the great story-lines and story choices, without that it's just like any other mmo. If they are NEVER going to allow that companion as a same-sex romance option, then it would be easy to go back to playing my character. But if I keep playing, get to 50, and then they patch it in at some point down the line, then that whole storyline has been missed out on.

News Comments > SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching
5. Re: SWTOR Beta Patch, More on Ability Delay Patching Jan 7, 2012, 18:34 Rossafur

jacobvandy wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 18:22:
The queue window is supposed to HELP responsiveness, by enabling you to overcome lag or your own reflexes by initiating your next ability before the cooldown or channeling is done. It's very important if you want to maintain the highest possible DPS or HPS, because even a delay of half a second could mean you missed out on dishing 1000+ points.

Support for why I play this (and most other MMO's) like an SP game. Power-gaming DPS stat e-peen flexers drive me nuts.

Anyway, I just got Jaesa Willsaam as a companion for my Sith Marauder only to find out they didn't implement same-sex relations for her or *any* of the companions. Supposedly will be a "post-launch" addition, but who knows when that will be (if ever) or if it will even be retro-active for existing companions or only new ones. And yes, I'm pathetic enough that this could be a deal-breaker on continuing to play that character until it's implemented (if it's going to be implemented). I would have suffered through staring at a male character as my avatar if I knew this was the case. Curse them and curse me for not researching that it had been switched from a launch to a post-launch feature ahead of time!

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
44. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 16:45 Rossafur

Krovven wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 16:34:

If you insist on finishing every sentence with "lol", please never post again.

Nice fail on detecting Fibrocyte's annoyance with KilrathiAce's use of "lol" and a throw-away comparison to WoW.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
24. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 13:08 Rossafur

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 10:46:
I feel it's unethical to warn, suspend or ban players who are playing the game within the mechanics you designed instead of the way you intended. If your mechanics allow an action you did not intend, change the mechanics.

It's unethical to punish people for behaving unethically because it's physically possible to behave unethically? Where to begin with the flaws in that argument...
If this were strictly a single-player game then you'd be right: just fix the exploits, because it doesn't affect anyone but the exploiter. But it's not, it's an MMO, and this affects the whole game's economy, and the exploiters had to know what they were doing was wrong.

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
33. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 23:23 Rossafur

Caladell wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 20:51:
Any way to update mods from within the manager? It shows my version, and the current version, but I see no way to update without going back to the site and doing a search on it.

If you click on the text where it shows the updated version number, it will send you directly to the file's page, then just click the "download with manager" link as before. I've been deactivating mods before activating the new version just to make sure it clears everything, but I think it will let you just update it too.

News Comments > Enhanced Skyrim UI
27. Re: Enhanced Skyrim UI Dec 18, 2011, 20:45 Rossafur

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 20:06:
Mordecai Walfish wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 18:49:
Both are worth your time if you're going to be modding Skyrim. =)

Problem with that is that some of us only want one or two mods, so it's a hassle and a half to go through that shit. I don't really mod content, just the UI and maybe the map.

You've already spent more time and effort reading through these comments and responding than it takes to do either of those things.

222 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo