Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rossafur

Real Name Rossafur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 06:16
Total Comments 235 (Novice)
User ID 54395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM Reveal at E3
35. Re: DOOM Reveal at E3 May 18, 2015, 17:17 Rossafur

Blurgh. Didn't Carmack say he was interested in a (original) Quake reboot a few years ago? Because that's what I want. Those maps were so much more inspired and atmospheric than any of the same ol' same ol' Doom or (Quake "sequels") industrial maps, -even if they didn't really make any sense.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue?
24. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 17:51 Rossafur

From the Total War art book they just released (that was also posted here, thus this post's title saying "another" Total War: WARHAMMER clue.

Total War: WARHAMMER

23. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 17:40 Rossafur

Leper wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 16:13:
I agree that the two properties don't line up perfectly and whatever is the result of this probably won't be really a Total War game, but there's probably because no one else who wants to do the RTS or cannot convince anyone that they could do it successfully. They may not have a workable and realistic vision or a team that could pull it off. CA may be the only one capable and willing to do this at the moment. And combining the Total War and 40K makes some sort of sense by getting people excited about the possibilities. It could be good, so let's just wait and see.

Even most of the people who want it to be WH40K have acknowledged that it's almost certainly going to be WH Fantasy. They acquired the WH Fantasy license, it easily fits how Total War games work, they're going to use it. And if it was WH40K, they almost certainly would have ended that video with a soundbyte much more WH40K sounding, like "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!", "WAAAAAAAGHHH!!!", or if they wanted to be more subtle, something like the sound of heavy actuators moving.
Think you missed the boat on the direction this one is going.
Could be trolling us hardcore, though, SEGA doesn't happen to have any LOTR licenses, do they, could that have been Smaug at the end? Haha

11. Re: Another Total War: WARHAMMER Clue? Mar 11, 2015, 03:18 Rossafur

InBlack wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 03:10:
verybad1 wrote on Mar 11, 2015, 01:09:
Why in the hell AREN'T they doing a WH40K Total War, that's what everyone wants.

Im guessing the main reason is because the Warhammer setting is much simpler to realise in a Total War engine/game.

Yeah, people who even *thought* it could have been the 40k WH must really not be realizing how every single Total War game has worked: great big columns of troops marching at each other in formation. Adapting WH Fantasy requires zero modification to their formula, just new map, new factions, new art. In fact, there has been an incredibly expansive Russian-made WH Fantasy total conversion for Medieval 2: TW for years that they could lift a ton straight over from ("Yeah, sorry, we own the rights to all of this anyway...")

News Comments > HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed
31. Re: HTC's SteamVR Headset Revealed Mar 1, 2015, 21:22 Rossafur

It will be interesting to see what kind of language their lawyers craft for the documentation in order to shield themselves from trip & fall injury lawsuits, haha.  

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Dark Nexus Arena Announced Feb 26, 2015, 00:44 Rossafur

They must be *trying* to devalue the IP for some reason... Tinfoil hats on, -crackpot conspiracy theory brainstorming session begin!  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Total War: ATTILA
6. Re: Ship Ahoy - Total War: ATTILA Feb 17, 2015, 16:09 Rossafur

Still have yet to hear anyone say they've been looking forward to this one, but I was kinda "meh" about the idea of Napoleon after Empire too, even though it *did* improve a number of things. IGN says it's good/better, but the siege AI can STILL be retarded...
Total War: Warhammer announcement + footage by/during E3? Perty please?

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Free DLC
2. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Free DLC Feb 10, 2015, 21:46 Rossafur

It's an intimidating RTS. There are so so SO many units of every type, many with several different variants, and then to further complicate things you can choose to purchase them at different veterancy ranks as well, -and you build your own "deck" of units to choose from before you battle. Widespread use of recon units is essential for warding off attacks and especially ahead of aerial assaults, or you *will* lose your spendy air units to AA in the blink of an eye. Infantry will likewise be annihilated if caught out in the open, meaning they pretty much *have* to be transported between forests or structures. Units use up both ammo and fuel, and will have to be resupplied by either returning to a forward operating base or have cargo trucks or helicopters sent out to them. The unit detail is gorgeous and it can *seem* to be a slower-paced more strategic RTS than the traditional C&C/Starcraft types, but the scale of it generally makes the franticness about the same and you'll spend most of the time zoomed so far out you'll barely be able to see the units.  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Trailer
1. Re: Total War: ATTILA Trailer Feb 5, 2015, 19:46 Rossafur

The Total War no one asked for?
I've feverishly played every Total War since the original Shogun, and yet I still have had zero interest in this one, and haven't heard anything about anyone else being excited for this either. *Is* anyone?
Maybe it's in part because it was such a disappointment to hear that this was what was next when we were expecting Total War: Warhammer to be the next announcement after their procurement of that IP, but... Well, I guess Barbarian Invasion for the original Rome was one I didn't bother playing much either.

News Comments > Mortal Kombat X Trailer; Goro Preorder Bonus
8. Re: Mortal Kombat X Trailer; Goro Preorder Bonus Jan 15, 2015, 02:53 Rossafur

I think I read they said it's going to play more like Injustice did, which I'm hopeful for, because I can manage to accidentally do special moves while button mashing (manic button-mashing my way through fighting games since Street Fighter!) and then learn them through osmosis in that game. Then I tried the last Mortal Kombat immediately after it, and I most certainly had no such luck, and after briefly looking at the menu to try and figure out some of the special moves, threw down my controller and declared: "Ain't nobody got time for that!" and haven't loaded it up since.  

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
8. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 22, 2014, 17:01 Rossafur

I remember back when people installed freakin' glow-in-the-dark skins in CS (and ridiculously easy to see models before that)...
Seems it's pretty pervasive in competitive games all the way up to the top to do pretty shady things like turning their graphic settings all the way down to max their FPS for reaction time -and to make everything pop out more...
Some games you can even completely turn off display settings for things that provide concealment like grass, and it's been pretty well-known there are people that have always maxed out their gamma to see in dark areas better, in MechWarrior Online people do it on night maps to be able to still snipe across the map with night vision on...
People who would put a piece of tape in the center of their monitor with a reticle on it so they can shoot from the hip...
All those things remove the "fun" from games for me, but enough people do it and then they say "Well you have to in order to be competitive, all the best players do it!"
It goes on and on, and that's why e-sports are kinda ridiculous outside of a completely controlled setting where you can guarantee everyone has the same setup.

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Trailer
5. Re: Total War: ATTILA Trailer Nov 8, 2014, 23:17 Rossafur

Just get to the Warhammer Fantasy: Total War we know you're going to be making already...  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA Announced
16. Re: Total War: ATTILA Announced Sep 26, 2014, 23:34 Rossafur

Eh... so no Total War: Warhammer Fantasy... next, at least?
I'm pretty sure they only have the WH Fantasy license, not the 40k one, right?

News Comments > Evening Interviews
10. Re: Evening Interviews Aug 27, 2014, 23:26 Rossafur

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 22:27:

Because Everyone Loves A Victim.

Exactamundoooo. The new culture of feigning offense/outrage. Look how progressive I am that I am speaking out for the new popular viewpoint!

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
12. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 23:14 Rossafur

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 19:51:

To be fair it would be pretty impossible to make a sequel that had even half the features and content that were in the previous titles. And it would only get harder each time. Thats an enormous back catalog to port.

Oh I agree with you, but there have been quite a few things added via packs that have felt less like extra content and more like quintessential features that should have already been there. And then if they're not in the next base game... it feels very pre-planned to be added again later via extra fees.
Even with the fluff, though, with Sims 4 looking incredibly visually similar to 3, it's hard to imagine it could be all that hard to implement old assets and do just a little updating to them.

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
5. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 14:53 Rossafur

Wonder how many packs it will take for it to feel like an actually complete game this time around. Gotta love the model where each sequel brings you back to feeling completely stripped-down again... Will something as basic as pets even make it into the base game this time? Jobs that aren't just sending your sim to a building for 8 hours with nothing to see?  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2014, 23:08 Rossafur

No idea who Azalea is... I haven't been particularly familiar with any of the songs Weird Al's spoofing this time around, actually. Would blame it on officially getting old, but he could be my dad...  

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
9. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 22:17 Rossafur

atomicfro wrote on May 3, 2014, 14:12:
timesten wrote on May 3, 2014, 13:25:
I never got into PI and I have a fundamental problem with mining, but every time I see a new update, I want to start up my sub again. I have a very old account that doesnt have nearly the skills that people think it should. When I look for a corp, they see my start date and start salivating, then I tell them my skills and they wander off disappointed.

Im not sure what I actually like about the game, the scope I guess, because after I resub, Im left wondering why I did and what I think im actually going to do.

I sometimes think i should go pirate and see how that suits me, but Im not evil...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm totally attracted to the romance of this kinda game including those similar like the X series, Evochron, etc. But after about an hour or two into them, Ithink WTF? Perhaps it speaks to my personal lack of ambition more than anything. Of course, if I had more ambition I wouldn't have time for games like this anyway.

Lol, exactly my thoughts as well to both of you. Whenever I re-sub I'm lucky to make it a week of still logging in to do anything other than queuing skills to train, ha. And the ambition part... oooh, sooo spot on. Going back to my entry-level summer seasonal job for the 4th time next week, 5 years post-college, 30 years of age now...

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
5. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 23:23 Rossafur

Jivaro wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:25:
They cancelled WoD to make this?

+1

"Well we tried to strike out on a really new and exciting type of MMO with a criminally under-utilized IP that we bought up and then largely cannibalized and sat on, but... we tossed that in the trash after years and years of work and hundred of lay-offs, so, back to all we've been successful with: EVE! But a F2P sci-fi FPS EVE! ...Re-imagined for PC! Don't ask us why we tried to make it a PS3-exclusive first!"

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
26. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 17:00 Rossafur

I'm guessing they held off completely on saying anything about this for so long for competitive reasons, though I'm not entirely sure what they are, seeing as how it seems to be "You know everything that DayZ has attempted to implement or is saying they're attempting to implement? Yeah, we're actually going to have all that actually working, and implemented from the start. And then some. Because we're SOE, and we have the know-how, and more importantly: the wallet, to do it. B**ch."  

235 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo