Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Rossafur

Real Name Rossafur   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 30, 2008, 06:16
Total Comments 221 (Novice)
User ID 54395

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
12. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 23:14 Rossafur

NKD wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 19:51:

To be fair it would be pretty impossible to make a sequel that had even half the features and content that were in the previous titles. And it would only get harder each time. Thats an enormous back catalog to port.

Oh I agree with you, but there have been quite a few things added via packs that have felt less like extra content and more like quintessential features that should have already been there. And then if they're not in the next base game... it feels very pre-planned to be added again later via extra fees.
Even with the fluff, though, with Sims 4 looking incredibly visually similar to 3, it's hard to imagine it could be all that hard to implement old assets and do just a little updating to them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Sims 4 Subscription Plans
5. Re: The Sims 4 Subscription Plans Jul 21, 2014, 14:53 Rossafur

Wonder how many packs it will take for it to feel like an actually complete game this time around. Gotta love the model where each sequel brings you back to feeling completely stripped-down again... Will something as basic as pets even make it into the base game this time? Jobs that aren't just sending your sim to a building for 8 hours with nothing to see?  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Jul 17, 2014, 23:08 Rossafur

No idea who Azalea is... I haven't been particularly familiar with any of the songs Weird Al's spoofing this time around, actually. Would blame it on officially getting old, but he could be my dad...  

News Comments > EVE Online Kronos Next Month
9. Re: EVE Online Kronos Next Month May 3, 2014, 22:17 Rossafur

atomicfro wrote on May 3, 2014, 14:12:
timesten wrote on May 3, 2014, 13:25:
I never got into PI and I have a fundamental problem with mining, but every time I see a new update, I want to start up my sub again. I have a very old account that doesnt have nearly the skills that people think it should. When I look for a corp, they see my start date and start salivating, then I tell them my skills and they wander off disappointed.

Im not sure what I actually like about the game, the scope I guess, because after I resub, Im left wondering why I did and what I think im actually going to do.

I sometimes think i should go pirate and see how that suits me, but Im not evil...

You took the words right out of my mouth. I'm totally attracted to the romance of this kinda game including those similar like the X series, Evochron, etc. But after about an hour or two into them, Ithink WTF? Perhaps it speaks to my personal lack of ambition more than anything. Of course, if I had more ambition I wouldn't have time for games like this anyway.

Lol, exactly my thoughts as well to both of you. Whenever I re-sub I'm lucky to make it a week of still logging in to do anything other than queuing skills to train, ha. And the ambition part... oooh, sooo spot on. Going back to my entry-level summer seasonal job for the 4th time next week, 5 years post-college, 30 years of age now...

News Comments > CCP's Project Legion Announced
5. Re: CCP's Project Legion Announced May 2, 2014, 23:23 Rossafur

Jivaro wrote on May 2, 2014, 22:25:
They cancelled WoD to make this?

+1

"Well we tried to strike out on a really new and exciting type of MMO with a criminally under-utilized IP that we bought up and then largely cannibalized and sat on, but... we tossed that in the trash after years and years of work and hundred of lay-offs, so, back to all we've been successful with: EVE! But a F2P sci-fi FPS EVE! ...Re-imagined for PC! Don't ask us why we tried to make it a PS3-exclusive first!"

News Comments > Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced
26. Re: Zombie MMORPG H1Z1 Announced Apr 10, 2014, 17:00 Rossafur

I'm guessing they held off completely on saying anything about this for so long for competitive reasons, though I'm not entirely sure what they are, seeing as how it seems to be "You know everything that DayZ has attempted to implement or is saying they're attempting to implement? Yeah, we're actually going to have all that actually working, and implemented from the start. And then some. Because we're SOE, and we have the know-how, and more importantly: the wallet, to do it. B**ch."  

News Comments > New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed
16. Re: New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed Mar 30, 2014, 14:45 Rossafur

harlock wrote on Mar 30, 2014,
yeh, so who fucking cares ... success means nothing unless you are the one holding the cash [/quote:

Which... they are? So it's successful for them? Not sure where else success in business matters... (and Bohemia has a long track record of releasing unpolished games and never truly straightening them out, but this is the first time they've made mega-bucks off of one)

6. Re: New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed Mar 30, 2014, 01:00 Rossafur

Eirikrautha wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 21:32:
This game has outlived its time. If it had come out a year ago, it could have been highly successful. But at this point, the development-hell has created a situation that will render it irrelevant by the time it finally comes out...

Guess they'll be laughing all the way to the bank about how they managed to make a fortune before releasing an irrelevant game in its finished form. Success is measured in dollars and cents.

1. Re: New DayZ Studio; Future Plans Detailed Mar 29, 2014, 15:04 Rossafur

I sure hope the more... *interesting* things start making their way in soon. I mean, I'm sure people buying a zombie apocalypse game are all just RAVING about wanting an in-depth cooking system, but maybe being able to support more than a handful of zombies, and have them serve as more than an annoyance should take more precedence in your zombie game?
I haven't even logged into the game in months, after I got fully kitted out and then there was a patch where it sounded like there were tons of people getting reset, and now according to Frankie it's apparently being overrun with hackers...

News Comments > Free AC4 Maps Thanks to Microtransactions
2. Re: Free AC4 Maps Thanks to Microtransactions Mar 24, 2014, 15:33 Rossafur

Remember back when community-made maps (and mods) ended up surpassing official maps in popularity, and it didn't split up the community because anyone could download them, for free? Blue's News remembers! *wanders off to go wax nostalgic about Lithium II and Loki's Minions CTF for Quake 2 and all the maps I made for Quake 1* Wonder if I can still find those and bots that play them...  

News Comments > Diablo III Double XP Weekend
14. Re: Diablo III Double XP Weekend Mar 21, 2014, 23:02 Rossafur

I can't help but think whenever a game has a bonus XP event or sells XP boosts it means that they're basically admitting the game's default leveling/reward system is really just a grind designed by I/O psychologists to keep you clicking away ad nauseam like a chicken pecking away at a lever to receive feed in a lab experiment... (the bonus XP events show how beneficent the master is, while the RMT XP boosts offer you an enticing way to escape the drudgery of vanilla leveling)  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 20, 2014, 23:02 Rossafur

jdreyer wrote on Mar 20, 2014, 22:22:
I agree, it's dumb. But they're not idiots. This must be their best option right now. I just hope they're trying to get some kind of legislation through to make this kind of monopolistic practice illegal.

*cough* Qwikster *cough*

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Mar 5, 2014, 23:22 Rossafur

There's no mechanic for selling anything in FB (though I seem to remember years ago there being a sort of classifieds section that would pop up), as far as I know it was just people putting things up for sale in comments and then doing transactions on their own from there. This was really just a result of the anti-gun zealot groups pushing to ban any sort of firearms-related pages at all on FB.  

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Mar 1, 2014, 21:51 Rossafur

I've heard that people have gotten their gear back when that happens by exiting the game and then re-entering it, or that sometimes it's due to joining a private hive server rather than a normal public one.

However, I could hardly care less about a cooking mechanic in the game... I barely cook in RL. I want smoother gameplay all-around, many MORE and better zombies (including zombies in buildings), and maybe even "herds" that travel from town to town so people don't just stick to the same places, which would maybe give more incentive to do things other than just PVP once you're geared up. However, just smoother gameplay seems like a big enough hurdle with this engine at this point...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 19:55 Rossafur

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 18:37:
Rossafur wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 13:07:
Sorry, your analogy still makes no sense. It seems you're reeeally grasping for a social world parallel as a way to show us all how cool you *really* are.
I wasn't defending the game, I was mocking you for buying a game that you had every possible opportunity to be forewarned as to the condition of the game, and then demanding a refund due to the condition of the game.
The mental acrobatics you must be doing to convince yourself of your logical superiority are truly astounding.

A) You're a coward because you're afraid to ask for what you want.

B) You're the idiot because you understand that even as early access people have a reasonable expectation that the game will perform more or less how its intended to. Do you even know the difference between an alpha and a beta? No obviously you don't or you wouldn't have opened your big mouth in the first place. Better to keep your mouth shut and suspected the fool then to open it and remove all doubt. Thanks for removing that doubt for us. You see what happens, Larry?

Wow, I must be hitting the big times to have one of the most prolific complainers on Bluesnews take the time to make personal attacks against me too!

A. "Buyer beware" couldn't possibly apply any better than to this game at this point (especially for someone who's apparently such an avid PC gamer), so I'm still not seeing how me pointing that out makes me a "coward" who only goes for ugly girls...
B. Are you sure you're not the confused one? The DayZ SA is in ALPHA, not beta.
Right on the store page, can't miss it: "WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING."
*Beta* follows alpha and is when you can expect it to be mostly complete, aside from bug and balance fixes. Awesome job pairing a tired saying with a tired line from The Big Lebowski, though. Bravo.

This comment was edited on Jan 26, 2014, 20:03.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 13:07 Rossafur

Sorry, your analogy still makes no sense. It seems you're reeeally grasping for a social world parallel as a way to show us all how cool you *really* are.
I wasn't defending the game, I was mocking you for buying a game that you had every possible opportunity to be forewarned as to the condition of the game, and then demanding a refund due to the condition of the game.
The mental acrobatics you must be doing to convince yourself of your logical superiority are truly astounding.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 11:52 Rossafur

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:49:
Rossafur wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:38:
bla bla bla. Already have my request in for a refund.

lol, asking for a refund on an alpha of a game that in no unclear terms straight up warns you before you can buy it that it's in early alpha, many features are missing and many bugs and glitches will exist, so please don't buy it if you can't live with that?

I pity you. You probably only asked out the ugly girls in school.....

If that made any sense at all (it doesn't), by extension that would mean you *married* an ugly girl, and then asked for an annulment because she was ugly.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 26, 2014, 11:44 Rossafur

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 26, 2014, 11:38:
bla bla bla. Already have my request in for a refund.

lol, asking for a refund on an alpha of a game that in no unclear terms straight up warns you before you can buy it that it's in early alpha, many features are missing and many bugs and glitches will exist, so please don't buy it if you can't live with that?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 21:52 Rossafur

Like everyone else has said: stupid waste of money when there are always many glaring issues in their games that could greatly benefit from more attention (far too repeated voice actors, ho-hum dialogue, mediocre to BAD models/textures and animations).
I loved it in Skyrim when you're doing that Forsworn quest in the dungeon mines of Markarth and a fairly important NPC sends you just down a walkway to another guy WITH THE SAME EXACT VOICE. lol

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 16, 2014, 01:17 Rossafur

Tom wrote on Jan 15, 2014, 19:29:
This is what happens when you set out to "prove" something and make zero effort to avoid or hide your bias. Pretty dumb. All it proves is how not to run a test.

^ This.
Seem to get a lot of that in the mainstream media...

221 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo