Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1426 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Multiplayer Mass Effect 3?
10. Re: Multiplayer Mass Effect 3? Oct 3, 2011, 12:31 Slashman

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 11:55:
InBlack wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 10:54:
Will it feature inovative 3d physics, like you know jumping???

I would dig that if my character could jump, it would make me really immersed in the game and everything, not to mention how the multiplayer would become even more interesting in three dimensions...
lmao

Btw this can't be real, can it? Having multiplayer in Collector Edition only, weird.

I bet if you don't buy the CE, then you'll e given the 'option' to purchase it as DLC at a later date. Fun for the whole family!!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 2, 2011, 21:28 Slashman

Go Witcher 2!!!  

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
76. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 09:45 Slashman

Dmitri_M wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 08:03:
Need to stem the migration from RPGCodex

That site is rather scary... Halloween

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
56. Re: John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release Oct 2, 2011, 00:38 Slashman

wrlwnd wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 00:15:
Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2011, 17:12:
Whore yourself some more why don't you, Johnny? Going to be playing on the 360 too while you're at it?

Get a life, moron.

Some of us (me) actually have both a gaming PC and a console, and have no problem with a game being (gasp!) released on both.

It's the content that matters, not the platform. Duh.

Not trying to defend Cutter here or anything but...seriously? 'It's the content that matters, not the platform?'

I mean...you think it doesn't matter when the quality of content is directly influenced by the obvious limitations of an old platform?

I don't have a beef with you owning both platforms...but you'd have to be living in some alternate dimension to believe that what we get from multiplatform games isn't diminished for the PC by the fact that the lead SKU for development is a console.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 "Killer New Feature" Coming
8. Re: Mass Effect 3 Oct 1, 2011, 19:15 Slashman

I really hope it's NOT multiplayer, and is something suitably benign like leaderboards.  

News Comments > The Witcher 2 2.0 Released
15. Re: The Witcher 2 2.0 Released Sep 30, 2011, 10:30 Slashman

I also noticed a weird lurching to my movements after this update which wasn't there before. The game used to run butter-smooth.

It only seems to happen when I'm moving and not if I pan the camera around my character.

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
25. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:19 Slashman

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 12:14:
Heh.

When the last game came out people complained that there weren't enough voice actors and all the NPCs sounded the same and were poorly acted.

So now Bethesda hires pros and people are complaining that the voice actors are "too famous" or they should have spent their budget elsewhere.

Really, guys?

9_9

Well yeah, really! The opinions here are about as reliable as your ability to read and comprehend what people are actually saying.

Oblivion didn't have enough distinct voice actors. Too many NPC roles were shared by a single actor. The fame of the actors didn't matter in context of the problem. There were simply insufficient in number to suspend the disbelief of the player that he was in a world with many different individual characters. This was very apparent when you'd have instances of two different characters talking to each other using the same voice.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes
10. Re: The Witcher 2 PC DLC Would Be Free, Version 2.0 Patch Notes Sep 27, 2011, 13:13 Slashman

Why is it that most news I hear about CD Projekt makes me go like this? Pleased And news I hear about say Bioware, Blizzard(Acti-slave edition) and EA makes me go like this? Wall

Also...Microsoft is most helpful to PC gaming by staying away from it! You just keep sticking to the Xbox like glue MS.

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
18. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 12:00 Slashman

Lobster wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 10:52:
Whenever I read one of these announcements I can't help but wonder, could they have found another VA who is not famous? One who is just as good but costs about 1% as much as a big name? Maybe spend that money on making the game better instead of sprucing up the box art?

Seriously, WHO is going to buy this game ONLY because they're a Christopher Plummer fan?

See The Witcher 2 for a great voice cast that hardly anyone knew. I'm pretty sure it saved CD Projekt a good deal of cash to go with less famous, but still talented, voice actors. But hey...more fodder for the marketing engine to churn through, right?

News Comments > The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased
12. Re: The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased Sep 26, 2011, 23:18 Slashman

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 21:24:
necrosis wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:27:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 11:21:
It would also make sense if they're bringing The Witcher 2 to X360 to release the original.
They were going to. It got canned.

http://bit.ly/oIDWL2
Oh yeah, but I never really counted it because it was console only. It would be great to see them take on other studios for this work, like Codemasters did - that way you can have different teams working on different projects, yet sharing the same base code. I mean, four years between games? That's not exactly speedy.

Totally!! I mean look what just 18 months development can do for a franchise! DA2 ftw!!!

News Comments > On Sale
1. Re: On Sale Sep 26, 2011, 23:15 Slashman

This is good stuff!!!!  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased
7. Re: The Witcher 3 and Witcher 2 DLC Teased Sep 26, 2011, 12:57 Slashman

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:45:
Lobster wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:29:
The Witcher 3: The Witchest
Pft

The Witcher 3: Triss's Tighter Pants.

Pfffftttt! We don't want her wearing pants!!!

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 26, 2011, 09:36 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 00:30:
I think some games don't necessarily have to tax you all the way to be fun...but that may just be me. Some enemies are meant to be whimps in the face of your power.

I agree. If I'm playing Prototype, for example, I expect to feel empowered because my character is a superhuman badass. However, if I'm playing a survival horror game like Dead Island, empowerment should be the last thing I feel. That's also why I think co-op hurts the game. Running around with three of your buddies not only ruins the atmosphere but the tension as well. Without that tension and atmosphere, the game becomes nothing more than an easy beat'em-up.

I'll concede that, but I thought that co-op in most games automatically upped the difficulty of the enemies and/or the number of them based on the number of players. Guess they didn't do that for Dead Island.

This comment was edited on Sep 26, 2011, 09:46.

News Comments > Jade Empire Sequel Possible
29. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 26, 2011, 09:16 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 05:13:
I never really understood how people could love ME1 but hate ME2. Remember, ME1 wasn't exactly a hardcore RPG to begin with. It had more stats than ME2, sure, but 99% of the gameplay consisted of shooting dudes in the face. It was always more of a shooter than an RPG. ME2 stripped away some of the stats but it was still a shooter first and foremost, just like the original.

That was my take on ME2 as well. I got the feeling that people who say they hated it were more pissed that it didn't follow right into the final battle with the Reapers, and instead, was more of a side-quest before the final showdown in ME3. I still enjoyed the ride...not sure what they are complaining about.

The game felt better as a shooter in 2. The first game had some clunkiness to it that felt awkward in places. They fixed that...but went a bit too far in removing customization options. They supposedly put weapon customization back into ME3.

22. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 25, 2011, 22:57 Slashman

entr0py wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 22:34:
If they could fix the combat, I'd love to see another Jade Empire. Fortunately there have been a large number of games since then that have nailed 3rd person brawling. The sub-par gameplay was what kept the first game from becoming a classic. But it was great as far as characters, writing, artwork, player choices and setting.

Actually, 'brawling' was what killed the game for me in the first place.

This is a game about martial arts. Why am I not doing martial art moves like counters, combos, blocks etc? All the game was, was a button mash fest. That's the last thing I want from a game that reminds me of old school kung fu movies.

News Comments > Sunday Previews
6. Re: Sunday Previews Sep 25, 2011, 22:11 Slashman

Tehol wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 18:56:
doesn't say anything about drinking potion during combat.
i found that annoying that you can't do that when you are fighting.

Why, exactly, should you be able to do that? You're in the middle of a mob of people/monsters/undead trying to kill you. But you have time to uncork and imbibe a potion that will also give you a brief side effect of convulsions/cold sweats before it grants you the intended beneficial effect.

The whole idea is to plan ahead and prep for combat. The only reason drinking potions in combat was allowed in the first game, IMO, was the limits of the Aurora engine which prevented them from making combat more like how it was in TW2.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Sep 25, 2011, 18:52 Slashman

El Pit wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:35:
The future is that not only you still won't be able to pause the cinematic interludes, but you also won't be able to pause the game itself (Diablo III).

Drummer

News Comments > Sunday Previews
4. Re: Sunday Previews Sep 25, 2011, 18:21 Slashman

I dunno...I would have thought that running everywhere would be lame.

I walked everywhere in The Withcer 2...let me enjoy the world a whole lot more. Only ran in combat and a few other places.

Actually running in the TW2 can get you killed. Traps are a very real danger...especially in the first act...and so is running into monster ambushes that you're not ready for.

16. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 25, 2011, 17:47 Slashman

ShakaUVM wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 16:59:
Acleacius wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 14:53:
Amazing story, setting and characters but the console designed gameplay, level design and inventory was crap. Thankfully there are some mods that help remove some of the painful console designs.
There was so much crap in Jade Empire, I couldn't finish it.

It's really not a very good game.

That was my reaction. It could have used a combat system more like Witcher 2. That button mash stuff was horrible. But probably just what the doctor ordered for a hit on consoles...

The setting I did like and the story...but after I realized that your martial arts abilities weren't even very impressive, I quit. Transforming into creatures as advanced techniques didn't make me jump for joy.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 25, 2011, 17:42 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 15:49:
Interesting to see Dead Islands is #1. It is a hell of a lot of fun now that it isn't absolutely broken. I still haven't gotten past act 2 because of the difficulty. Though I hear it isn't quite so crazy after Act 2.

I'm liking the difficulty of Act 2. It seems much more befitting a zombie survival horror game. The first act was a bit too leisurely for my tastes.

You know Jerykk,

Not every game has to make you sweat and grit your teeth.

Based on feedback and suggestions on The Witcher 2, for instance, I modded it with the equipment overhaul and combat overhaul. Then I ran on hard for my first playthrough. It was freaking hard! A bit too much so. I finished it like that...but I can't say I had that much fun with the enemies being harder AND my equipment and skills being gimped.

Going back and playing on normal, I can actually feel combat flowing better. I think some games don't necessarily have to tax you all the way to be fun...but that may just be me. Some enemies are meant to be whimps in the face of your power.

1426 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo