Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1549 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
70. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 18:24 Slashman

During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.

If this was true, wouldn't there be a crap-ton of other publishers and developers complaining about Steam?

Why would THQ move almost all their games to Steamworks? Why aren't there mass boycotts from anyone other than EA?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Codemasters Complaints
15. Re: Codemasters Complaints Jan 14, 2012, 09:10 Slashman

There is a difference between me voluntarily staying to finish something(an extra hour or so), and me being 'forced' to do it on a consistent basis.

I have no problem giving a bit of extra time, but when I want to leave...then unless you're paying me to stay, I'm out.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
26. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 08:46 Slashman

JayDeath wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 08:26:
Slashman wrote on Jan 12, 2012, 07:28:
ARRGHHH!!!

Damn people! Now I'm going to download another mod to play a game that I forgot I had on Steam.

That Complete Mod looks cool.

Too...many...games...to Juggle

Yeah, me too. I was really disappointed with this one and only played a handful of hours. When it first launched, I remember the game feeling super clunky. This new mod intrigues me. I'll be installing off the vanilla disk. I guess I gotta google the patches.

It's not that I disliked the game...I just got distracted by something else(I forget what) and stopped playing.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues
24. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Development Continues Jan 12, 2012, 07:28 Slashman

ARRGHHH!!!

Damn people! Now I'm going to download another mod to play a game that I forgot I had on Steam.

That Complete Mod looks cool.

Too...many...games...to Juggle

News Comments > Steam Top 10
23. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 9, 2012, 17:52 Slashman

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 16:53:
Dades wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 22:13:
SkyUI just updated to 2.0 which includes barter/container/magic menus. Running modless just became that much harder

Shit. The day AFTER I stopped playing. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Creston

You stopped playing???? Shocked

I thought you had another 40 - 50 hours left in you yet.

I'm patiently waiting for the next patch before I start. I waited this long...may as well give them time to fix some more bugs.

News Comments > Prototype 2 Preorder Bonus
4. Re: Prototype 2 Preorder Bonus Jan 8, 2012, 21:34 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 7, 2012, 00:27:
Slashman wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 19:55:
Flatline wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 14:51:
The first Prototype game actually injured my index finger. 14 hours of holding down the stupid trigger so you could run up walls was kind of BS, and it felt like that finger was sprained for a good long while.

Heh Heh Heh! You played it with a gamepad?

It felt better with a gamepad than M/KB due to the priority of animation over quick and responsive controls. The controls weren't very tight at all. Even something as basic as a 180 degree was delayed because you had to watch his turning animations. Analog sticks are inherently slow and imprecise which makes the delays are less noticeable than with M/KB.

I don't follow. If you want to turn and face the other way...use the direction arrows to make him turn and face the other way. This is even less an issue in combat where you attack in the direction you face him with the direction keys.

If you're talking turning when he's moving. You use the dash mid jump and make him face any direction you want. Using M/KB has the advantage of actually turning and looking in another direction while moving in a different direction.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 8, 2012, 18:02 Slashman

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 17:45:
Well wait until you hit 120 hours, I think that's about where I was when I started into it. I finished my first play though at 173 hours, and still didn't find everything or complete all of the main storyboard quests.

Man...you guys are scaring me. I haven't even started the game yet and I already feel like part of my life is forfeit.

I figured I'd wait for this month's patch before I began to play.

News Comments > Diablo III in February?
37. Re: Diablo III in February? Jan 8, 2012, 17:58 Slashman

And this is yet another Blizzard game I'm going to pass on.

I didn't tolerate that online only crud from Ubisoft and I'm not starting now with Blizzard.

News Comments > Prototype 2 Preorder Bonus
2. Re: Prototype 2 Preorder Bonus Jan 6, 2012, 19:55 Slashman

Flatline wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 14:51:
The first Prototype game actually injured my index finger. 14 hours of holding down the stupid trigger so you could run up walls was kind of BS, and it felt like that finger was sprained for a good long while.

Heh Heh Heh! You played it with a gamepad?

News Comments > Syndicate Co-op Trailer
2. Re: Syndicate Co-op Trailer Jan 3, 2012, 22:28 Slashman

Krovven wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 22:12:
That just looks...bad.

Whaaat? You don't totally feel the Syndicate vibe that's coming off that? The awesomeness??

So true to the original...I'm misting up over here. Cry

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Jan 2, 2012, 14:31 Slashman

I didn't buy games specifically to get the achievements. But I did play several of them with the achievements in mind.

Specifically: Anamoly: Warzone Earth, Sanctum, Magicka, Hard Reset(already had the achievement in that one), Orcs Must Die, Jamestown, E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy, Beat Hazard, Defense Grid and probably something I'm forgetting.

I did already own them all though, and I like playing most of them.

I didn't buy any game specifically to get the achievements...and from Prez's Steam list...I doubt he did either(man that thing is looonngggg).

News Comments > On Sale
17. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 23:56 Slashman

CythrawL wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 23:40:
STAY AWAY from Arkham City on the PC.. its a clusterfuck of DRM.

1) Steam DRM (Which is to be expected because y'know you got it on Steam)
2) Securom with Activation limits
3) Games for Windows Live (No saves if you dont)

I picked it up when it was $20 in the Xmas sale, and then after the fact I saw the clusterfuck... Do yourself a favor, and buy it on console. You will get less ass-reaming that way..

BTW Valve, please put a stop to this. If you are going to sell their game on your service (And Gabe is always saying that the more you provide a good service the less people will pirate)PLEASE get them to make it mandatory that we don't get buttfucked with sandpaper covered Comdoms. Sheesh... If I could, I'd get a refund....

Calm down dude.

I actually pre-ordered it(with the discount for owning Asylum) and I agree it's DRM heavy. Still...I haven't had any issues with it yet and I consider the game to be good enough that I got my money's worth.

As to your suggestion that I get it on console...never going to happen. I'm never going to own one.

The PC version of the game is still the better one for the controls alone. I play very well using M/KB and unlike the console version, I have separate keys for every quick-use gadget. That makes combat flow way better than using a controller IMO.

News Comments > On Sale
18. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2011, 20:09 Slashman

nin wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 19:41:
Slashman wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 18:06:
Cannot spend any more money!!! *Hides Credit Card*

As I said the day the xmas sale started:
<nin grabs wallet with one hand, covers eyes with other, then spins in a circle 3 times before throwing wallet in a random direction, in hopes of losing it for the week of the steam sale.>

It didn't work, I found the damn wallet.

It's like it attaches to you by a magic tether!

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Dec 27, 2011, 18:06 Slashman

Cannot spend any more money!!! *Hides Credit Card*  

News Comments > Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M
12. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 21:59 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 19:33:
Pretty impressive numbers. It's sad that the Humble Bundle is the only one to get those kind of numbers, though. The other bundles aren't nearly as successful.

The Humble Bundles tend to get the best indie games though. The other bundles have only usually had about one game I actually wanted to play.

6. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 17:07 Slashman

killer_roach wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 17:00:
Slashman wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 14:19:
Yeah. A one dollar minimum just makes sense.

Agreed. I had all the games in this Bundle except Shank, so, after buying a Bundle for my younger brother, I bought another one for $1 just so I could get a Steam key for Shank... and even then felt bad about it (then again, being an enthusiastic purchaser of all the previous Bundles, maybe I shouldn't be too hard on myself for partially cheaping out this once).

I don't think that's bad at all. I'm fine as long as they get something. That's the whole point of the bundle...they always get at least $5 from me each bundle.

3. Re: Humble Indie Bundle 4 Passes $2M Dec 26, 2011, 14:19 Slashman

Yeah. A one dollar minimum just makes sense.  

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2011, 10:32 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 03:42:
Luke wrote on Dec 26, 2011, 03:33:
CJ_Parker wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 18:54:
nin wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 17:45:
Why not either wait until it's on sale for $20, or see what sort of DLC shakes out?

Because we as PC gamers need to support Bethesda with early and near full price sales in order to show them and other publishers that it is still viable to develop open world single player RPGs for the PC. Every sale that is not a PS3 or Xbox 360 sale is a score for us. That's why I personally preorder games like Skyrim even if I know I won't likely be getting around to playing them for a while. Iz all about the 'spect and the 'sport, ya know .

Well maybe if they started to make games for pc i would tho all i see is console port , so no support here (full price wise )

Sadly, that won't happen as long as the console versions sell better than the PC versions and that will continue happening if you don't buy the PC versions. Unfortunately, even if you do buy the PC version, the console versions will still outsell the PC version because consoles are more mainstream and accessible. Therefore, if you want Bethesda to start focusing on PC, you will need to both buy the PC versions and stop console gamers from buying the console versions. Good luck.

If we all chip in...we might be able to buy enough weapons-grade uranium for the job! Idea

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 26, 2011, 02:55 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Dec 25, 2011, 23:44:
Considering Albion isn't really a game but a (small) expansion pack...

And one that they are giving away for free to Superbox owners at that.

News Comments > Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost
43. Re: Unofficial Skyrim Performance Boost Dec 25, 2011, 08:21 Slashman

Hey Jerykk,

Are you testing this mod out? Does it help with your specific town performance issues?

1549 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo