Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1567 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo
9. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo Jan 28, 2012, 13:21 Slashman

You can get the demo from his site though right?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
19. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 18:37 Slashman

I'm actually sure SotS 2 will be a great game eventually. I'm just going to be patient until it is.

I'm sure they paid for their mistakes...so I'm going to wait until its decently complete and playable before I grab it.

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
16. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 16:53 Slashman

The funny thing is that if they had delayed and released the game in the state that it is in NOW, there wouldn't have been half as much flack.

They have been patching like crazy and the game is actually playable, if not altogether complete.

So if they had decided to go with a March release date, no one would have been much the wiser.

Sad...really sad...

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
17. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 08:01 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 01:43:
Super cool trailrt. Still waiting for a good sale on it.

Really? I think it's dropped as low as $15 within the last couple of months. If you think $15 is too much for the best RPG of 2011, I'm not sure what to say.

Indeed. this is a no-brainer buy for anyone who likes RPGs and well done games in general.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
17. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 26, 2012, 09:07 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 08:19:
Even though I'd rather see a "serious" space sim, I am glad to see space shooters becoming more commonplace. That means we're that much closer to Freelancer 2.

No no no!

What we want is a Freespace 3, a Wing Commander something, and a new X-Wing Alliance game!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 Slashman

Still running Titan Quest with the community patch for the Steam version and I have yet to see anything in Diablo 3 that would make me think its a better game.

The titan Quest makers actually trust me to allocate my own stats.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
23. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 24, 2012, 13:53 Slashman

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 08:46:
Also the combat system could use some major fixes.

The combat could always be better I suppose, but compared to Oblivion this combat system is about a trillion times superior.

I actually ENJOY fighting in Skyrim. I pretty much hated it in Oblivion. The magic system is a major improvement and I find I can actually work out tactics for fighting things.

Its not Darksiders or Prototype, but its still fun. Granted, I'm only level 16 and fighting in 3rd person...so maybe that makes a difference. When taken along with the rest of the game, I think combat in Skyrim does its job decently enough.

9. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 23, 2012, 22:20 Slashman

Drayth wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 21:02:
Apparently this patch boosts performance so high the author of Skyboost is declaring his mod dead. Nice.

From the forum:
1) Place of test: Dragonsreach overlooking the tree (how original...)
2) Running over 1 GB of texture mods, gameplay mods, and some shadow tweaks
3) Rest are Ultra settings

vanilla 1.3 --------> 23-24 (LAME!)
SB r4_test1 ------> 35-36 (Alex, I love you man!! Please continue with SB!!)
beta 1.4 -----------> 44-45 (Oh yes, your eyes are OK)

Holy crap!!!!

4. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 23, 2012, 19:53 Slashman

If I opt in, this will break all my mods right?

Like Skyui,Enhanced Night Sky and Flora?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
33. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 22, 2012, 20:14 Slashman

Holy crap! I just looked and I have 41 hours into Skyrim already. I feel like I haven't actually even done much yet!!

I've only visited 2 cities and I have a crapload of stuff still to do in them. My questlog is stupidly long with unfinished quests!

I used to laugh at people who said they had over 150 hours in...but I'm going to become one of those people!

News Comments > Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM
22. Re: Ubisoft Changes Anno 2070 DRM Jan 20, 2012, 13:54 Slashman

Am I missing something? Anno doesn't have the same persistent online DRM as Ass Creed 2 and Silent Hunter right?

I thought I heard that the online part was optional and it allowed for certain events and additions to the game from the community.

Just curious because I thought I might buy this someday when it is dirt cheap on a steam sale.

News Comments > Skyrim Version 1.4 and Creation Kit Near
6. Re: Skyrim Version 1.4 and Creation Kit Near Jan 19, 2012, 20:56 Slashman

Gimme Gimme Gimme Gimme....NOW!!!  

News Comments > Screenshots
1. Re: Screenshots Jan 18, 2012, 20:53 Slashman

Holy crap! I want it!

I really liked the original one. Hope they release the extra content for free to previous owners...

34. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 16, 2012, 07:54 Slashman

Ray Ban wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 07:38:
J wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 06:17:
ForgedReality wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 16:59:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 16:57:
... still waiting for the 10 dollar or less sale, Game of the Year edition(all DLC included) for Skyrim.

I blame the flood of Indie bundles, steam/gog/Gamersgate sales... I still have like 20+ games to play.

(First World Problems)
If there ever is DLC...

My horse keeps getting killed. If only there were some way to protect it...

Heheheheheh

Do not joke about that people... Uhoh

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2012, 22:53 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 22:41:
On another note, I'm not seeing those performance issues you mentioned in Whiterun(or anywhere else). So your theory of it being a Core 2 processor problem may not be exactly right. I'm using an nVidia card though...so maybe its an ATI + Core 2 thing.

It could be just a Core 2 Quad issue, as opposed to a Core 2 Duo issue. Also, when you say you aren't seeing any performance issues, are you saying that you aren't getting a 50% performance drop in cities like Markarth?

I'm using a Core 2 Quad(Q8400) as well. I need to visit Markarth. I thought that it was Whiterun that was causing the issue. Once I get to Markarth I'll let you know.

22. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2012, 21:40 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 21:22:
I left Riverwood to do a quest(its early in my first playthrough) and came back to the town to find an NPC dead in the streets. Everyone else in the town is accounted for...is that kind of thing normal?

It's been known to happen. One of the dogs in Markarth died for no apparent reason in my playthrough.

Ah...thanks for the replies. It wasn't anyone terribly important so I wasn't overly upset.

On another note, I'm not seeing those performance issues you mentioned in Whiterun(or anywhere else). So your theory of it being a Core 2 processor problem may not be exactly right. I'm using an nVidia card though...so maybe its an ATI + Core 2 thing.

Just thought I'd mention it.

19. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2012, 20:47 Slashman

Hmmm...speaking of Skyrim,

I left Riverwood to do a quest(its early in my first playthrough) and came back to the town to find an NPC dead in the streets. Everyone else in the town is accounted for...is that kind of thing normal?

I didn't kill him...I swear!!! Maybe he took an arrow to the knee...(I only just an hour ago found the source of that joke...)

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
88. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 20:40 Slashman

On a side note, what exactly is it about Steam's content delivery rules that EA can't accept? DAO and ME1 and 2 both have DLC that cannot be downloaded from Steam. So what makes DA2, Crysis 2, BF3 and ME3 unique?

That's what I'd like to know.

Could it be that Steam has had support issues with the previous titles due to the DLC not being available from Steam directly?

That would actually bring some context to things. If people buy a game from store A...but have to purchase, register and activate DLC from store B, then trying to support the game when there is a problem may be quite a nightmare for store A.

The problem may not simply be that Steam wants a cut of DLC(although that's a given), but that Steam needs to be able to determine what someone is running for support purposes.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
70. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 18:24 Slashman

During initial release Mass Effect 3 will be available on Origin and a number of other 3rd party digital retailers, but not on Steam at this time. Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. We are intent on providing Mass Effect to players with the best possible experience no matter where they purchase or play their game, and are happy to partner with any download service that does not restrict our ability to connect directly with our consumers.

If this was true, wouldn't there be a crap-ton of other publishers and developers complaining about Steam?

Why would THQ move almost all their games to Steamworks? Why aren't there mass boycotts from anyone other than EA?

News Comments > Codemasters Complaints
15. Re: Codemasters Complaints Jan 14, 2012, 09:10 Slashman

There is a difference between me voluntarily staying to finish something(an extra hour or so), and me being 'forced' to do it on a consistent basis.

I have no problem giving a bit of extra time, but when I want to leave...then unless you're paying me to stay, I'm out.

1567 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo