Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1520 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
22. Re: Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition on Dec 21, 2011, 11:16 Slashman

The Witcher deals are great for anyone interested who may not have them yet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: Prez... Dec 21, 2011, 09:18 Slashman

If we're doing requests, then I'll take Renegade Ops or Deus Ex:HR!  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: Tropico 4: Steam Special Edition on Dec 20, 2011, 23:36 Slashman

I added you the other night Prez...and Creston as well as Krovven. Weird how all this time I didn't have an Bluesnewsers on my list...

P.S. And oh yeah...your Steam list is insane!!!

*Anyone else on Blues who wants to add me, Steam name is slashimus

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 2011, 23:42.

News Comments > Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia
3. Re: Syndicate Refused Classification in Australia Dec 20, 2011, 12:00 Slashman

What? There's no 'Generic Corridor Shooter' rating down under?  

News Comments > Prototype 2 Trailer
5. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 17:36 Slashman

Rattlehead wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 13:04:
The first one was alright but had it's fair share of flaws. The side missions were pointless, seeing as there was about 5 different types all repeated. Also the progression curve in the game was terrible. Half way through the game when the super soldiers appear the game gets so frustrating because of the huge difficulty fight. Oh yea don't get me started about the boss fights.

I had no issues with the difficulty. I thought it was very appropriate that things got harder as you went on.

If I want my hand held, I can play Farmville. There were always options for escape and different ways to approach fights. The only 'boss fight' that really had me doing it over was the final one...until I figured out a way to get it done reliably.

News Comments > Syndicate "Agent Tech" Deep-Dive Trailer
8. Re: Syndicate Dec 17, 2011, 09:03 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 12:36:
Meh. Another completely scripted, completely linear corridor shooter... but this time, you can hack stuff and kill enemies in slightly different ways!

Dude! Cant' you see how very Syndicate-like that is?? It's totally done with loving care and attention to the source material!

News Comments > Prototype 2 Trailer
2. Re: Prototype 2 Trailer Dec 17, 2011, 09:01 Slashman

Jago wrote on Dec 17, 2011, 05:16:
Looks good, but that's more of a video diary than a trailer. Especially with all the alpha footage.

Looking forward to this one, even if it gets overshadowed by Mass Effect 3.

Why should it though? They are two completely different games.

I can't see ME3(if I get it) stopping me from playing this. I loved the first one.

News Comments > Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming
10. Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 15:07 Slashman

Razumen wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 14:35:
Slashman wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 14:00:
What they really need to fix is the plane controls. The helicopter is just fine...but not being able to execute a flat turn in a jet is ludicrous! Why the hell can you do it in a helicopter but not a plane???

If I remember correctly you can, it's just slow and meant for fine tuning your aim, airplanes just can't do fast flat turns and it would be stupid if they allowed them to in the game.

You're wrong...there is literally no flat turn in any plane in Just Cause 2. Every turn you do causes the plane to bank. At more than 68 hours playtime, I think I'd have noticed. Feel free to Google it....

6. Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 14:00 Slashman

I didn't mind the side missions much...there just needed to be more of them. Enough to make the main story not all that consequential preferably.

I also think that the amount of chaos needed to unlock new mission/story levels needed to increase...this encourages people to spend more time doing what the game is really about: making things go boom!!

The main story is just an excuse to be there. They could change that or not...I wouldn't much care.

What they really need to fix is the plane controls. The helicopter is just fine...but not being able to execute a flat turn in a jet is ludicrous! Why the hell can you do it in a helicopter but not a plane???

1. Re: Just Cause Film Moves Forward, Third Game Coming Dec 14, 2011, 10:40 Slashman

I'm all in for a 3rd Just Cause game!!!

The movie I really ain't that jazzed about...

News Comments > Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced
8. Re: Hard Reset: Extended Edition Announced Dec 13, 2011, 16:44 Slashman

I'm hoping this is a free upgrade to current owners...it better be!

Or at the least be extremely cheap for current owners...

News Comments > BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013
22. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 20:50 Slashman

Badboyquake wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 20:07:
c&c4 was totally lame :>

I think we can ALL agree on that...

14. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 18:29 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 18:09:
Generic Army A vs. Generic Army B vs. Generic Army C

What? There was nothing generic about the GLA. In fact, there was nothing generic about any of the armies in Zero Hour. Each one had their own unique specialty and played very differently as a result.

And no, I don't want this to be like DoW2. I want to control an actual army, not a squad.

Exactly my point. If I want to control a single squad/party...I'll play Dungeon Siege or Neverwinter Nights 2.

12. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 17:55 Slashman

Rossafur wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:57:
Slashman wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:46:
Yeah because what everyone really wants in an RTS is for it not to be really anything like an RTS!!

There's nothing in the term "Real-Time Strategy" that mandates base-building. That'd be like saying the CoD games can't be considered FPS's because they don't feature med packs or power-ups.

Sure. Except that base building has been a staple of RTS games from their inception...and the removal of it removes an entire level of strategic potential from the games. It limits you to a certain type of gameplay. I think COH and DOW got it right. There were the control point elements...but you still built bases, did research and trained your forces.

DOW 2 is not the template I want to see future strategy games adopting. Especially not C&C Generals(a title I spent countless hours playing with my friends in LAN parties).

5. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 16:46 Slashman

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:44:
If this has a good singleplayer campaign I will buy it. I have heard rumors the singleplayer will be more like Dawn of War 2, which for me personally would be awesome.

Yeah because what everyone really wants in an RTS is for it not to be really anything like an RTS!!

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 11, 2011, 00:13 Slashman

Then I'm thinking that sometime around March/April next year might be more realistic in terms of when to buy.

How did this even get out the door?? It's just a really sad thing...

4. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 10, 2011, 22:13 Slashman

What's actually missing right now?

I'm not getting the beginning and end thing. Are you talking a campaign or end game scenarios...what?

I know a few features are still not implemented completely...but I would have thought it was playable at least.

Nevermind...I actually found a site that's giving a play by play of the upates...damn...that's depressing. The game is in a beta state at best it seems.

So I'm thinking probably by February might a good time to think about actually buying it...maybe.

I had no idea of quite how broken it actually was.

This comment was edited on Dec 10, 2011, 22:20.

2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Dec 10, 2011, 21:10 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 16:50:
Still not "playable" in the sense that its a complete game with a beginning and end .... what a mess

It's not? Even after 15+ patches?

News Comments > Battle.net Balance Coming
10. Re: Battle.net Balance Coming Dec 10, 2011, 09:53 Slashman

rist3903 wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 06:20:
Also, if you are paying attention Blizzard, please put in an offline mode for Starcraft II. It doesn't actually have to be offline, but if I could appear offline to others and not see their activity as well that would be capital.

Having friends who were playing World of Warcraft message me while I was playing online versus people was a key factor in my increased time spent not playing your product. I also got messaged while playing the single player mode and I could not pause the game to respond to them, I could only respond while the game was running.

WTF is up with that! Seriously.

Wait...you can't pause single player Starcraft 2??

News Comments > Bastion DLC Next Week
4. Re: Bastion DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 01:53 Slashman

It really is an awesome game. I can honestly say I haven't played one quite like it.

My only complaint is that with the ending I chose...I'm not inclined to go back and make another choice. I don't know why. It just feels like I shouldn't...

1520 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo