Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1519 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Sanctum 2 Next Year
2. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 22:00 Slashman

Sweet!

I followed these guys on Facebook and pre-ordered the original almost immediately. Game played great at launch and just got better and better as they added to it.

Multiplayer is a blast as well.

My only slight concern is: "bringing the next version to console players..."

That worries me slightly... Uneasy

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 5, 2012, 18:15 Slashman

WarpCrow wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 16:33:
I've never been a big RTS fan, but the focus on squad tactics and added RPG elements of Dawn of War 2 hooked me. Not to mention the fact that 40k is such an interesting universe with, IMO, much better atmosphere and feel than its little clone-brother Starcraft. So, that's worth thinking about if you think base-building is all there is to an RTS.

And this is exactly what turns me off about DOW II and why I only ever put a coupe of hours into it. If I want a watered down RPG combined with a watered down squad RTS...oh wait! That's exactly what I don't want!!! Yeah...I'll be sticking to the original and its expansions, thanks.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 5, 2012, 10:08 Slashman

What they are doing now is basically working on the game like they are still developing it. I think the patches are just kind of a bone for the people who bought it to let them know where they are.

Ironically, if the game was released as it is NOW, it wouldn't have been so bad. And really...its only a couple months.

I'm really sad it turned out this way...I started to keep my eye on this a couple months before release but didn't pre-order. Glad I didn't...but feel bad for those who did.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 4, 2012, 20:20 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 18:14:
Only relevant fix so far is FXAA.. makes huge difference...

Sadly, still much missing...

I'll take another look in 3 or so patches. Not gonna buy until then.

Well...unless it drops to $10 in a sale or something.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
31. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 08:22 Slashman

Rossafur wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:04:
Slashman wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:54:
Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522
Cowardly horses mod (horses run away now instead of fighting everything)

Aaand
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2590
Cowardly (or cautious, if you prefer) wolves, for wolf lovers like me who hate being forced to kill unnaturally aggressive/suicidal wolves all the time.

Hey thanks for the links! I suspected there were mods like this out there...I was just a bit too lazy to look.

All in all, I am really happy with the game. For sure I never want to fire up Oblivion again. 70 hours in and I've only visited 2 major cities(and still have an insanely long quest log)...that's definitely saying something positive.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
19. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 00:54 Slashman

Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
15. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 11:51 Slashman

Hang on...didn't I read from one of the guys who are making Grim Dawn that the thing that killed Iron Lore was that they had too long a time between projects? Basically, when they were done with TQ, there was nothing on the burner of sufficient weight to sustain them and they were shut down.

Too many conflicting stories here.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Feb 2, 2012, 11:46 Slashman

Bhruic wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 09:31:
I don't know where people are getting the "if Steam goes under" part? I mean, the article itself is mostly talking about getting banned - rightly or wrongly. That's a much more likely scenario then Steam going under any time in the near future.

It would equate to pretty much the same thing though.

Banned or service down would still kill your game access(if you let it).

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Feb 2, 2012, 07:26 Slashman

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:46:
Is this something people are really worried about? Is the possiblitiy of losing a $50-60 game ten years from now something that keeps people away from Steam? I spend more than that every month on my damn cell phone bill. I spend about that much filling my Corolla up with gas. 10 years from now am I really going to care that I can't replay Left 4 Dead?

Apparently it scares some people more than an axe murderer on their doorstep.

In the Egosoft forums, there is a huge debate about the fact that they announced that X:Rebirth will likely use Steamworks. Some of the older folks are adamant that they will never put the software on their systems because it violates human and consumer rights, eats babies, rapes sisters, hastens the downfall of PC gaming and is possibly behind the Kennedy assassination. And I wish I was kidding about this... Sweatdrop

There are some few people actually worried that they won't be able to pick up a game 15 years from now and play it. Apparently not even the existence of GOG can assuage their fears.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
18. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:12 Slashman

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:08:
Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:02:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:53:
I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

I just loaded it up to tell the difference, didn't really run around much, with Skyboost that particular area had me at around 42fps. its at 50 now with the new patch and Skyboost removed.

Ah, cool. One less mod I need to lean on. Right now, I'm just using SkyUI and "Better Item Descriptions."

Would be great if they had a "give all"/"store all" option in SkyUI when you store things. Such a pain in the ass to empty your pockets...

^D^

Thanks.

Stop being a packrat!!! Wiseguy

News Comments > PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed
14. Re: PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed Feb 1, 2012, 08:55 Slashman

The first Prototype ran very well for me. Never crashed. I'm currently playing it over on Windows 7/x64.

The controls are fully configurable and the only 'issue' I ever had was that the sound is a bit low and I have to turn up the volume on my headphones/speakers a bit more than with other games.

That problem was a known issue that lots of people reported, but I never heard about any real crashes related to it.

I also heard that it didn't like discrete sound cards on Windows 7, but I had retired my Creative Labs card by the time I got into the game.

I was looking forward to the sequel though. It seemed like they addressed a lot of gameplay issues of the first game in Prototype 2.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
3. Re: Saturday Screenshots Jan 29, 2012, 10:46 Slashman

It looks darned interesting...that's for sure.

As long as it's a strategy game and not some stupid DOW2 RPG wannabe I'm willing to give it a try.

I can only imagine how much more watered down DOW3 will be: 'Hey folks...this time we cut out multiple units! No one will miss having to manage more than one unit! We tried it in our internal playtesting and it works great!! Bases and multiple units are so last decade!"

News Comments > Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo
9. Re: Evochron Mercenary Patch & New Demo Jan 28, 2012, 13:21 Slashman

You can get the demo from his site though right?  

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
19. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 18:37 Slashman

I'm actually sure SotS 2 will be a great game eventually. I'm just going to be patient until it is.

I'm sure they paid for their mistakes...so I'm going to wait until its decently complete and playable before I grab it.

News Comments > Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems
16. Re: Paradox on Sword of the Stars 2 Problems Jan 27, 2012, 16:53 Slashman

The funny thing is that if they had delayed and released the game in the state that it is in NOW, there wouldn't have been half as much flack.

They have been patching like crazy and the game is actually playable, if not altogether complete.

So if they had decided to go with a March release date, no one would have been much the wiser.

Sad...really sad...

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April
17. Re: The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition in April Jan 27, 2012, 08:01 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jan 27, 2012, 01:43:
Super cool trailrt. Still waiting for a good sale on it.

Really? I think it's dropped as low as $15 within the last couple of months. If you think $15 is too much for the best RPG of 2011, I'm not sure what to say.

Indeed. this is a no-brainer buy for anyone who likes RPGs and well done games in general.

News Comments > Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus
17. Re: Spaceships Ahoy - SOL: Exodus Jan 26, 2012, 09:07 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 08:19:
Even though I'd rather see a "serious" space sim, I am glad to see space shooters becoming more commonplace. That means we're that much closer to Freelancer 2.

No no no!

What we want is a Freespace 3, a Wing Commander something, and a new X-Wing Alliance game!

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Jan 25, 2012, 08:29 Slashman

Still running Titan Quest with the community patch for the Steam version and I have yet to see anything in Diablo 3 that would make me think its a better game.

The titan Quest makers actually trust me to allocate my own stats.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
23. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 24, 2012, 13:53 Slashman

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2012, 08:46:
Also the combat system could use some major fixes.

The combat could always be better I suppose, but compared to Oblivion this combat system is about a trillion times superior.

I actually ENJOY fighting in Skyrim. I pretty much hated it in Oblivion. The magic system is a major improvement and I find I can actually work out tactics for fighting things.

Its not Darksiders or Prototype, but its still fun. Granted, I'm only level 16 and fighting in 3rd person...so maybe that makes a difference. When taken along with the rest of the game, I think combat in Skyrim does its job decently enough.

News Comments > Skyrim Beta Patch
9. Re: Skyrim Beta Patch Jan 23, 2012, 22:20 Slashman

Drayth wrote on Jan 23, 2012, 21:02:
Apparently this patch boosts performance so high the author of Skyboost is declaring his mod dead. Nice.

From the forum:
1) Place of test: Dragonsreach overlooking the tree (how original...)
2) Running over 1 GB of texture mods, gameplay mods, and some shadow tweaks
3) Rest are Ultra settings

vanilla 1.3 --------> 23-24 (LAME!)
SB r4_test1 ------> 35-36 (Alex, I love you man!! Please continue with SB!!)
beta 1.4 -----------> 44-45 (Oh yes, your eyes are OK)

Holy crap!!!!

1519 Comments. 76 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo