Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1582 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Mistborn Announced
9. Re: Mistborn Announced Mar 28, 2012, 17:47 Slashman

Sanderson is the one finishing Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series and from most accounts he's a bit better at it than Jordan.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 26, 2012, 17:39 Slashman

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 04:41:
I am actually enjoying the xbox version................................

Sorry...you lost me when you said you were playing it on a console. Stunned

News Comments > Anno 2070 Patch
2. Re: Anno 2070 Patch Mar 26, 2012, 12:44 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Mar 26, 2012, 11:29:
But they don't fix the bug that everyone cares about.

That's because it's a feature.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found
5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Face Fix Found Mar 24, 2012, 00:40 Slashman

Dev wrote on Mar 23, 2012, 21:56:
My guess is it could take almost a month to get certified by MS.

They could bypass that and just release the PC one right now as a beta, let the customers beta test it.

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Surely you jest...

News Comments > Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns
9. Re: Wing Commander Saga: The Darkest Dawn Dawns Mar 22, 2012, 18:15 Slashman

Is this a stand-alone release or do you need Freespace installed to play it?  

News Comments > Vanguard Going Free-to-Play
7. Re: Vanguard Going Free-to-Play Mar 22, 2012, 14:03 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2012, 13:14:
This game could have been so good! Anyway, I'll give it a whirl when it's F2P. I seem to recall I enjoyed the bard class a lot in this game.

The concept of the game was very promising...it just suffered from moronic management and a troubled development team.

News Comments > Dragon Age II "Exalted March" Expansion Cancelled
54. Re: Dragon Age II Mar 20, 2012, 15:50 Slashman

descender wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 14:27:
ME2 was a joke, but everyone kept their bioware blinders on and refused to criticize it's ridiculously boring gameplay... then DA2 was terrible...

I didn't think ME2 was a joke or particularly boring. It may have been too streamlined in places, but I thought it was a decently fun game. I kind of looked at it as an interlude between the first ME game and the grand conclusion.

I figured they were just getting things setup for an unforgettable finish...oh well.

In any case, I thought ME 2 was leaning in the right direction with better combat and less ridiculous inventories full of junk. Even if it didn't advance the main plot much, I felt that was OK because we all knew there was going to be a final game where everything got squared away.

News Comments > PC Binary Domain Next Month
19. Re: PC Binary Domain Next Month Mar 20, 2012, 10:24 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 09:49:
Skyrim does this well where you can toggle turd person in order to see how awesome you look. Except that they force turd person when you're on a horse, or when you sit on a chair and other things, which harms the immersion a little bit more.

'Turd Person' I'm sure you spent a while coming up with that...

I play Skyrim in 3rd person exclusively. If it's a fantasy game and not a shooter, then I prefer to see my character doing stuff rather than just his/her hands.

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
46. Re: Dragon Age Entering Mar 20, 2012, 09:21 Slashman

everyone wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 09:06:
Not great, but promising. It showed that a more traditional style of RPG may still sell amongst all your CODs, GOWs, and WOWs. But rather than weed out the crap and expand on what it did well for the sequel, they stripped out all it did right, kept all it got wrong and added a lot more wrongness on top.

It's kinda like they cooked up a hearty suck-stew and the secret ingredient was crap-berries. mmmmMMMMM good!!!!

News Comments > PC Binary Domain Next Month
14. Re: PC Binary Domain Next Month Mar 20, 2012, 08:41 Slashman

Joss wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 20:32:
I avoid third-person shooters like the plague. I've skipped over some popular titles for this singular reason. It's first-person or bust godamnit!

So I guess you skipped over Just Cause 2?

This just seems like a silly justification for skipping over a game...but hey, to each his own.

If a game is a decent game, I'll play it, first or 3rd person as long as the gameplay lends itself well to its chosen perspective.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Trailer
7. Re: The Witcher 2 Trailer Mar 19, 2012, 17:39 Slashman

Holding off on my second playthrough until the enhanced edition comes out!!!  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update
15. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update Mar 18, 2012, 19:31 Slashman

I think the problem with the industry is that there stopped being middle-ground games.

Not every game has needed to be a AAA title, but publishers don't see the value in investing into games with a moderate budget, but fun and innovative gameplay. So right now we have indie or AAA with very little in between. If publishers would actually diversify a bit, it wouldn't be so bad.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 18, 2012, 14:28 Slashman

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 14:00:
Efflixi wrote on Mar 18, 2012, 13:51:
Anno 2070 has some pretty bad DRM if that is of any concern to you. Otherwise I hear it's a pretty good game. Unfortunately I'll never know because I refuse to support games with draconian DRM.

Yeah, a friend mentioned the sale over bookface, and I told him I don't buy games with limited installs.

Limited installs are the least of your worries with Anno. The thing shuts you out when your system specs change. It stopped a reviewer from doing benchmarks because he was swapping video cards at one point. They claim that was fixed...but I'm not taking any chances. It it gets to $10 then maybe...

News Comments > Fan Created Wing Commander Saga Nears
8. Re: Fan Created Wing Commander Saga Nears Mar 17, 2012, 00:09 Slashman

Hold on! Didn't we already defeat the Kilrathi and are instead fighting the insect-like Nephilim? The Kilrathi joined the fight against the bugs who represent their version of the apocalypse. That was in Wing Commander Prophecy.

What the hell is this about then?

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch
26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 19:04 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 16:54:
DrEvil wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 13:48:
space captain wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 12:57:
more dragons would be good

Are you kidding me? I wish there was an option to turn them off once the main questline is complete. They're just annoying as heck when you're trying to run around and explore.

In fact, I've been attacked by as many as three at the same time!

That would be so fucking awesome. I once SAW two at the same time (not counting the ending), and I couldn't get either of them to attack me. I WANT to fight three dragons at once, dammit!

Creston

I got two elder dragons at once when I was in Winterhold. A frost and a fire. That...was pretty intense. No town guards left at the end. Ironically...I think all the other townsfolk survived.

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 16:15 Slashman

Talisorn wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 15:52:
Rhino wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:13:
New cinematic kill cameras for projectile weapons and spells

As an archer I'm slightly curious to see just how many ways that there are to show "arrow slamming into a guy" in a cinematic fashion. At least with blades there are flourishes and angles and what not. With arrows? Uh... arrow cam? Victim falling down dramatically?

Eh, maybe I'm not creative enough in this regard.

They better damn well include an arrow to the knee!

WIN!!!!!!

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 12:24 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 11:34:
Screw that! I WANT it to happen more often. I play a destruction mage/1hand melee character. I like grisly death scenes.

Because nothing says immersion like quick, pointless, slow-motion cuts to third person.

Or if you play the game in third person...it makes perfect sense???

Shocking, I know!

Even more scary is the fact that you can completely turn the feature off with mods!!

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Beta Patch Mar 16, 2012, 11:10 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:55:
Rhino wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:26:
nin wrote on Mar 16, 2012, 10:21:
Hoping the kill cams can be turned off, or aren't that frequent. I don't really need that.

Likewise, to be honest. Maybe somebody who plays melee more could shed some light, but it just strikes me as potentially annoying unless it's rare.

It doesn't happen that often. Maybe once every six or seven fights or so, and it's pretty quick, fortunately. It seems to happen more with animals than with NPCs.

Creston

Screw that! I WANT it to happen more often. I play a destruction mage/1hand melee character. I like grisly death scenes.

I actually run a mod that makes it happen more often and unlocks some of the disabled killcams that Bethesda took out of the standard game.

18. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 12, 2012, 11:36 Slashman

wonkawonka wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 08:12:
And then there are the 265 hours spent on Skyrim...

While I only have 167 hours in...I still feel your pain. especially since I still have a journal full of quests and at least 2 cities that I have not visited!!!

I HATE you Bethesda!!!!

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 11, 2012, 18:30 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 16:58:
Dagnamit wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 14:03:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Mar 11, 2012, 13:58:
Hmm. Civ5 GOTY edition for $12.

I don't even really like Civ games, but I feel compelled to purchase it. Damn you Steam! I have like 6 games I've never even touched.

Hehehe. My "yet to play" list currently has 84 games in it.

Creston

We better not get Prez in here. He's going to make all of us look really normal by comparison...

1582 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo