Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1428 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit
69. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 21:07 Slashman

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 20:20:
Really impressed with the steam workshop! Lots of sorting options, including seeing what mods your friends are using.

Is it as good as the Nexus mod manager, though?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Feb 7, 2012, 20:53 Slashman

born2expire wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 20:37:
Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 16:25:
Looks interesting. Not "$60 on the first day" interesting, but I'll probably check it out once they've patched it up and wringed out all the DLC.

It's not $60 is $59.99, EA sees a difference why can't you?

I'm sure I'll see it once I've had my daily whack on the head with an idiot stick...

62. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 19:31 Slashman

Ray Marden wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 19:17:
Up to 90 hours and still having tons of quests...,
Ray

80 hours here and I've only visited 2 major cities and 2 towns!! Still have a full quest log and only done 2 stages of the main quest!!

I have to force myself to ignore interesting stuff so I don't get distracted from doing interesting stuff!! It's a truly wonderful 'problem' to have in a game!!!

59. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 19:08 Slashman

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 18:48:
Just a heads up though. That if you're using any custom textures, a 'high res' texture will always override a low res texture. There's a flag for high-res vs low res textures in bsa/esp settings now. The hack-around types of archive invalidation that have been used in the past, do, sorta, kinda work. Not on body/armor/weapon data but on static objects with solid meshes mostly. So until a perment solution is figured out, I'm guessing either a new form of AI, or always including .egt files, just know what you're installing.

All I'm using right now is Enhanced Flora, Enhanced Night Sky, Enhanced Skill Interface and SkyUI. I'm hoping none of those are affected. Not using anything for armor, weapons, skin or clothing.

56. Re: Skyrim Feb 7, 2012, 18:41 Slashman

nin wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 18:36:
Yep, two .esp and two .bsa files that are selected through the launcher's "Data Files" section. So very easy to turn off if you suffer too much performance issues.

Excellent, thank you!

Thank you squared!!!

52. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 18:31 Slashman

Reactor wrote on Feb 7, 2012, 18:06:
The stock GTX260 only has just under 900mb of ram, so I'd love to know if it can handle it at all.

Yeah...that's my biggest concern.

47. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 18:02 Slashman

Will SOMEONE say something about performance after the pack???

I'm still deciding if its worth the download with my system specs:

Q8400 Core 2 Quad

Geforce GTX260(Overclocked)

4 Gigs RAM

Anyone with comparable specs running it OK?

Edit: Thanks Creston...I'll wait to hear from you.

37. Re: Skyrim Hi-Rez Pack & Creation Kit Feb 7, 2012, 17:10 Slashman

Hmmm...currently running Windows 7 64-bit, Core 2 Quad Q8400, GTX 260(overclocked), 4 GB RAM...I'm thinking I should be able to handle this pack. Anyone know for sure?

Any ideas? Not much that I don't run at max settings these days.

Been lazy in upgrading. Was planning to wait til later in the year.

News Comments > Sanctum 2 Next Year
5. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 7, 2012, 07:18 Slashman

xXBatmanXx wrote on Feb 6, 2012, 23:26:
I was a late comer to this one. Fun SP, but would love to do some MP.

My indie GOTY is The Binding of Isaac.

If you want to try multiplayer, you can hit up my Steam ID (slashimus).

Actually, it would be cool to get some Bluesnewsers together for some multiplayer at some point. (If we can drag them away from Skyrim...)

I have been considering getting The Binding of Isaac...I hear good things about it...but not its performance.

News Comments > Sanctum 2 Next Year
2. Re: Sanctum 2 Next Year Feb 6, 2012, 22:00 Slashman

Sweet!

I followed these guys on Facebook and pre-ordered the original almost immediately. Game played great at launch and just got better and better as they added to it.

Multiplayer is a blast as well.

My only slight concern is: "bringing the next version to console players..."

That worries me slightly... Uneasy

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 5, 2012, 18:15 Slashman

WarpCrow wrote on Feb 5, 2012, 16:33:
I've never been a big RTS fan, but the focus on squad tactics and added RPG elements of Dawn of War 2 hooked me. Not to mention the fact that 40k is such an interesting universe with, IMO, much better atmosphere and feel than its little clone-brother Starcraft. So, that's worth thinking about if you think base-building is all there is to an RTS.

And this is exactly what turns me off about DOW II and why I only ever put a coupe of hours into it. If I want a watered down RPG combined with a watered down squad RTS...oh wait! That's exactly what I don't want!!! Yeah...I'll be sticking to the original and its expansions, thanks.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 5, 2012, 10:08 Slashman

What they are doing now is basically working on the game like they are still developing it. I think the patches are just kind of a bone for the people who bought it to let them know where they are.

Ironically, if the game was released as it is NOW, it wouldn't have been so bad. And really...its only a couple months.

I'm really sad it turned out this way...I started to keep my eye on this a couple months before release but didn't pre-order. Glad I didn't...but feel bad for those who did.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Feb 4, 2012, 20:20 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 18:14:
Only relevant fix so far is FXAA.. makes huge difference...

Sadly, still much missing...

I'll take another look in 3 or so patches. Not gonna buy until then.

Well...unless it drops to $10 in a sale or something.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
31. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 08:22 Slashman

Rossafur wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 01:04:
Slashman wrote on Feb 4, 2012, 00:54:
Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=1522
Cowardly horses mod (horses run away now instead of fighting everything)

Aaand
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2590
Cowardly (or cautious, if you prefer) wolves, for wolf lovers like me who hate being forced to kill unnaturally aggressive/suicidal wolves all the time.

Hey thanks for the links! I suspected there were mods like this out there...I was just a bit too lazy to look.

All in all, I am really happy with the game. For sure I never want to fire up Oblivion again. 70 hours in and I've only visited 2 major cities(and still have an insanely long quest log)...that's definitely saying something positive.

News Comments > Skyrim Creation Kit & "Surprise" Tuesday
19. Re: Skyrim Creation Kit & Feb 4, 2012, 00:54 Slashman

Actually...I'd like to know what is with the horse aggression in this game.

These are the first horses I know who will run toward a pack of wolves. Are they just confused?

At this point, I'd like to request some horse armor DLC.

News Comments > Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives
15. Re: Reckoning Dev: Piracy Prevents PC Exclusives Feb 2, 2012, 11:51 Slashman

Hang on...didn't I read from one of the guys who are making Grim Dawn that the thing that killed Iron Lore was that they had too long a time between projects? Basically, when they were done with TQ, there was nothing on the burner of sufficient weight to sustain them and they were shut down.

Too many conflicting stories here.

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Feb 2, 2012, 11:46 Slashman

Bhruic wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 09:31:
I don't know where people are getting the "if Steam goes under" part? I mean, the article itself is mostly talking about getting banned - rightly or wrongly. That's a much more likely scenario then Steam going under any time in the near future.

It would equate to pretty much the same thing though.

Banned or service down would still kill your game access(if you let it).

News Comments > Op Ed
21. Re: Op Ed Feb 2, 2012, 07:26 Slashman

Ruffiana wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 21:46:
Is this something people are really worried about? Is the possiblitiy of losing a $50-60 game ten years from now something that keeps people away from Steam? I spend more than that every month on my damn cell phone bill. I spend about that much filling my Corolla up with gas. 10 years from now am I really going to care that I can't replay Left 4 Dead?

Apparently it scares some people more than an axe murderer on their doorstep.

In the Egosoft forums, there is a huge debate about the fact that they announced that X:Rebirth will likely use Steamworks. Some of the older folks are adamant that they will never put the software on their systems because it violates human and consumer rights, eats babies, rapes sisters, hastens the downfall of PC gaming and is possibly behind the Kennedy assassination. And I wish I was kidding about this... Sweatdrop

There are some few people actually worried that they won't be able to pick up a game 15 years from now and play it. Apparently not even the existence of GOG can assuage their fears.

News Comments > Skyrim Patch
18. Re: Skyrim Patch Feb 1, 2012, 19:12 Slashman

^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:08:
Draugr wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 19:02:
^Drag0n^ wrote on Feb 1, 2012, 18:53:
I'm assuming that the compiler and performance optimizastions means that the SESV Accelleratio Layer mod(s) are no longer needed(?) anyone that's home already verify this yet?

^D^

I just loaded it up to tell the difference, didn't really run around much, with Skyboost that particular area had me at around 42fps. its at 50 now with the new patch and Skyboost removed.

Ah, cool. One less mod I need to lean on. Right now, I'm just using SkyUI and "Better Item Descriptions."

Would be great if they had a "give all"/"store all" option in SkyUI when you store things. Such a pain in the ass to empty your pockets...

^D^

Thanks.

Stop being a packrat!!! Wiseguy

News Comments > PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed
14. Re: PC PROTOTYPE 2 Delayed Feb 1, 2012, 08:55 Slashman

The first Prototype ran very well for me. Never crashed. I'm currently playing it over on Windows 7/x64.

The controls are fully configurable and the only 'issue' I ever had was that the sound is a bit low and I have to turn up the volume on my headphones/speakers a bit more than with other games.

That problem was a known issue that lots of people reported, but I never heard about any real crashes related to it.

I also heard that it didn't like discrete sound cards on Windows 7, but I had retired my Creative Labs card by the time I got into the game.

I was looking forward to the sequel though. It seemed like they addressed a lot of gameplay issues of the first game in Prototype 2.

1428 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo