Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1603 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans
11. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Film Plans Jul 10, 2012, 12:07 Slashman

kanniballl wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:43:
TheEmissary wrote on Jul 10, 2012, 11:20:
I totally agree with you there. Stop giving Uwe Boll and people of the same mindset access to game IP. Haven't we suffered through enough really horrible game movies such as Mario, Wing Commander, Street Fighter, Far Cry, Doom, Mortal Kombat, Max Payne, and battleship. The list goes on.

If you are going to do a film based on a movie you better understand the source material.

The first Mortal Kombat wasn't too horrible, at least I felt it was better than the other ones you listed.

I thought though that there was one decent game->movie remake made, I just forget what.

-EDIT-
After looking through a list on Wikipedia... yeh I can't find a game->movie that was really good.

You can't find one because games and movies are completely different entertainment experiences. The things that make games great are not the same things that make movies great.

Books to movies? Sure!

Games to movies? Not so much...

The even worse part is that even when you find something in a game that would be decent movie material, the director gets all up in arms with creative license and changes the stuff that would translate well anyway.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Confirmed
26. Re: Steam Summer Sale Confirmed Jul 6, 2012, 14:05 Slashman

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:11:
I used to fear the day these sales would arrive, but no more! I have controlled my spending habits.

By "controlled my spending habits" I mean I've bought everything I could possibly want already....and some stuff I probably don't want.

Yeah!!!! We should all just...wait...what?

News Comments > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Patch
7. Re: E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Patch Jul 6, 2012, 09:22 Slashman

jacobvandy wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 00:20:
It's a $20 (actually $10 now) Source indie shooter/RPG with sandbox co-op gameplay made by a group of 4-5 foreigners (so you knew the story/dialog was going to be a mess)... Not sure how anybody could go into that expecting the best game of all time. Too ambitious and very rough around the edges, but I still thought it was a lot of fun for what it was when I bought it day one.

Yeah. It's not a masterpiece by any means, but it isn't a bad first effort. Worth $10. It would be nice if some other dev team would work with these guys to re-release it with a lot more polish and better translation.

News Comments > Kaiju Combat Kickstarter
4. Re: Kaiju Combat Kickstarter Jul 6, 2012, 00:00 Slashman

Actually, I'd like to see more people jumping into the Skyjacker kickstarter instead.  

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
78. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 22:33 Slashman

Kajetan wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 19:30:
Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 18:15:
You think a small indie could put out a Just Cause 2 or Skyrim? I'd like to see the 15-man team that could manage that.
Hehe, perfect examples ... i dont like the Just Cause games and Bethesda RPGs i find boring since "Arena"

But when i look at a RPG like "The Witcher", with very high production values, but made for a considerably small budget ... i dont need the majors to get games, which play AND look well. Really, Ubi and EA and ActiBlizz can go to hell. Video gaming will not only survive, but profit from this change in the long run.

CD Projekt is subsidized by GOG. You think any other 'small' developer could put out a game like The Witcher 2 and happily ignore the backing of a publisher? Keep dreaming. Why do you think you haven't seen anything close to TW2 from any other indy studios???

And lest you forget, CD Projekt STILL went to a publisher for distribution. So regardless of you not liking Skyrim or Just Cause 2, you'd get nothing but small indie games without publishers.

Also, since you don't represent the majority of the gaming population, you might take note that some of us like huge open-world games. Not because they are great RPGs, but because they are fun to explore and mess around in as you see fit.

I wouldn't substitute The Witcher 2 for Skyrim and vice versa. They are completely different gaming experiences. Just like I wouldn't substitute Deus Ex:HR for Just Cause 2.

52. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 18:15 Slashman

Kajetan wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 17:50:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 17:00:
So, most publishers are really struggling these days, and once the COD and WoW fascination wears off in a couple of years, Acti-Blizz will be too.
Good to hear. THIS part of the industry i gladly like to go away and vanish for good.

No you actually wouldn't. Unless you are one of those people who ONLY play small indie games.

Most of the popular games that are both good and top quality could not be produced without the help of a publisher. Period.

You think a small indie could put out a Just Cause 2 or Skyrim? I'd like to see the 15-man team that could manage that.

8. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 11:54 Slashman

Yeah something is going to give either way here.

I can't see Steam simply patching itself to allow you to rebundle your game and sell it. Although it is very possible to do on the platform, I can't see publishers being very happy campers about it and that is where the problems will begin.

News Comments > PC Prototype 2 Still Coming
16. Re: sounds about right Jul 2, 2012, 19:54 Slashman

Agent.X7 wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 19:22:
Axis wrote on Jul 2, 2012, 18:30:
I revised the Facebook PR page to reflect honesty and integrity:

Thanks again to in-house marketing bloggers for pretend outpouring of support, but we still need to make some cash back on this. Just a reminder that the PC version of PROTOTYPE 2 is indeed a console port mess, but still coming on July 24th as planned, but please understand that updates/posts to Prototype 2 and Facebook over the next few years may be a bit light as we have almost no staff and won't be supporting the game after today.

Have you actually looked at their FB page? There are a shitload of Prototype fans.

The other stuff is definitely true though, because they didn't even really support the first game on PC.

Yeah...not one patch to this day.

Someone else did the port though, didn't they? I'm hoping it doesn't need patching but I'm not buying day one just in case.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 21:50 Slashman

I don't always wait for a sale. But I don't usually pre-order or buy first day. I'll wait for reviews and community feedback purchasing.  

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 18:36 Slashman

Wow...Skyrim just will not stop. Even with so many sales going on...  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
27. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 23:44 Slashman

MisterBenn wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 23:33:
... then the mask was removed and it turned out that Blizzard had been the Prime Evil all along. The end!

Good one!

News Comments > Radical Entertainment Slashed
13. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 29, 2012, 09:13 Slashman

Flatline wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 02:28:
*Flexes left hand*

Yup... I can still feel it. Holding down the left trigger button basically for 17 hours non-stop in Prototype injured that hand slightly, and do this day I can just barely feel the stiffness and the burn. For the longest time the first joint of my index finger was sore as f*ck as a direct result of playing that stupid game.

So for creating a game where I had to hold down the left trigger to basically do *anything* for 10+ hours and contributing to soft tissue damage, Radical can go fuck themselves.

Not sure why I'd ever want to play this with a controller. Mouse and keyboard worked more than fine for me. Nice to be able to look one way and run another. I had pin-point perfect control.

7. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 29, 2012, 00:13 Slashman

Alamar wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 23:12:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:53:
So... what does this mean for the PC port of Prototype 2? Is there a skeleton crew of Radical devs still working on it? Has it been outsourced to another developer? Cancelled? Given the huge delay between the console and PC releases, I have to assume that work on the port hadn't even begun until the console versions had shipped.

Crapple... This is one in a very small list of games I preordered well in advance... It better make it : )

Maybe I should go for a refund before the summer sale starts...

-Alamar

I didn't preorder, but I'd still like to play it at some point.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
9. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:54 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:20:
Even better, I never heard of the Expendables and can you call 1 movie a franchise? .. I only barely remember something about a rambo knock-off with stallone, but is that this? , so this is a movie tie I have no idea what it even ties into.

Maybe I ought to rent the movie heh... imdb rating 6.. meh

It's a flat-out action flick for guys with the same kind of vibe of most classic action flicks. If you like explosions and violence, you could do a whole lot worse.

I kinda liked it. I think the 6 on imdb is mostly from people expecting some sort of profound dramatic story. It was a decent movie that does what it set out to do. That's basically it.

4. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 28, 2012, 22:43 Slashman

That's odd. I thought they were changing the main character because they wanted to put in someone who was likeable.

The other issue probably being that African American main characters just don't sell as well as Caucasian ones. So adding one on top of the other probably didn't help. I'm assuming he really was a bigger douche than Mercer.

I didn't mind Mercer that much, though. Anti-heroes are sometimes a refreshing change of pace.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 09:37 Slashman

Soulburner wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:15:
So this is no longer a first person tactical shooter?

It hasn't been that for a looonng time.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 19:32 Slashman

Dev wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 19:13:
Slashman wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 18:22:
I'm playing it as a hacker/gunner/kinda stealth type. I honestly can't do stealth only. I can only go so long without the need to kill something.
Then you'll be the only one who likes the bosses

Probably. I already knew you couldn't stealth them from the initial player outcry. So I had an EMP grenade, shotgun and a few frag grenades ready to go when I met the first one. Took me 3 tries to get him...but I understand that some folks spent quite a while on him.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 18:22 Slashman

I'm playing it as a hacker/gunner/kinda stealth type. I honestly can't do stealth only. I can only go so long without the need to kill something.

Maybe Deus Ex games aren't for me...

I am still enjoying it though.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
13. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 14:29 Slashman

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:21:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:15:
Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

Seems pretty obvious. He's annoyed that they will talk to Kotaku, but not answer these questions in the D3 forums where actual D3 players are asking them.

That's what I got too. And he does have a point.

News Comments > CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM
3. Re: CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM Jun 19, 2012, 18:35 Slashman

I'm all in for Cyberpunk.  

1603 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo