Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1574 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
19. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 14, 2012, 23:14 Slashman

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 22:07:
How did SWTOR come out and not even match the current crop of MMO features? All that money and we got fantastic voice acting I know I eventually skipped through.

And here is the problem. Money spent on paying high profile voice actors in lieu of decent game design with a mind to interesting and fun gameplay.

I still hold to the fact that if you take away all the cinematics, voicework and flashy special effects moments, every game should still be fun to play on the basis of its core mechanics. The classic 'click skill and wait' combat of MMOs is old, tired and needs to be put away.

Oh well, maybe in another 5 years when someone else comes out with a SW MMO.. it's have TRUE space combat, transportation freedom, a better AH interface, and have more innovations and less cookie cutter MMO mechanics.

We never needed a SW MMO in the first place. We needed a decent KOTOR sequel with all the trimmings and stuff that they couldn't get in the first time around.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TERA Free Trial
13. Re: TERA Free Trial Jun 13, 2012, 23:20 Slashman

NKD wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 22:57:
Calistoga wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 21:45:
Just make sure you have beefy computer to enjoy it to its fullest. We bought 2 new computers just to play this game after we started playing it and loved it. There is your endorsement.

The endorsement of a day 1 single-post account is exactly what I needed. Buying a 100-pack for me and my fellow Blues Newsers right now. You guys ready? Lets do this.

I am SO there with you bro!!!

News Comments > Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters
15. Re: Rockstar on Max Payne 3 Cheaters Jun 13, 2012, 18:30 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 18:04:
I'm still surprised that Max Payne got multiplayer to begin with.

This...so much this.

News Comments > Endless Space Beta
8. Re: Endless Space Beta Jun 13, 2012, 13:32 Slashman

Yeah...combatwise I don't think there is enough depth to keep me interested. 'Cards' don't do it for me. Not sure why they would go with that.  

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
10. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 11, 2012, 20:39 Slashman

Dev wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 20:19:
Didn't I just read like 20 replies in the other diablo 3 thread from diablo 3 defenders saying how there weren't any dupes?

You there!!! Close your eyes and repeat this 20 times: 'There are no dupes! There are no dupes! D3 is perfection!'

News Comments > Saturday Previews
4. Re: Saturday Previews Jun 10, 2012, 23:05 Slashman

RailWizard wrote on Jun 10, 2012, 09:52:
Prez wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 19:38:
Star Trek is a third-person co-op shooter game featuring the two main characters Captain James T. Kirk and Mr. Spock.

A shooter? Well, there have been other good Star Trek shooters (elite force was amazing), so maybe it will work. Though a shooter is not the first genre I think of when I hear about a Star Trek game.

Elite Force was definitely good. No 3rd person consolized shit there. Raven at it's peak was a thing of beauty.

This is so true. To this day, Elite Force 1 and 2 are a couple of my favourite shooters.

I always wanted them to make a sequel...but nothing ever happened. Not all that enthusiastic about a 3rd person shooter for this. Not that I mind 3rd person shooters, but I don't have a good feeling here.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Jun 10, 2012, 20:42 Slashman

I too, am rather perplexed by the lack of news concerning Rebirth. I'm really looking forward to learning more about the game and hopefully seeing what combat will be like.

If you are playing Albion Prelude, I highly recommend the XRM mod. It really changes the game for the better and adds a bunch of interesting stuff(new ships, weapons, bases etc.)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 8, 2012, 14:59 Slashman

I wasn't aware that exclusivity was relevant to patches. PC got the other patches first. Even the ones that added new stuff, like ranged kill cams.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details
11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 8, 2012, 01:23 Slashman

1AngryGamer wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 23:05:
10-20 hours

So one day...

wow great

Yeah...if you sit and play nothing but Skyrim for 20 hours then sure. Just make sure to stock up on a sturdy diaper and snacks so you won't ever have to move from your chair.

20 hours is less than what most full games give you these days...so I'm not sure what there is to complain about.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details
5. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Dawnguard Details Jun 7, 2012, 21:57 Slashman

Definitely looking worthwhile...so barring any unforeseen downsides, I'm going to grab it.  

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Port Issues
40. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 7, 2012, 10:53 Slashman

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 10:22:
Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 08:51:
StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 03:50:
Because there are a lot of RPG fans like me who only game on PC, and could not play this game otherwise. I know people on here will rip this game a new asshole for basically being an emulated console game, but I would rather play the game than not.

Having actually played both games on the consoles, I think they're wonderful but not so good that you'd want a shitty port of them just for the sake of being able to play them. All of the port stuff sounds ominous, I'd caution people to wait until other users or a PC centric site like RPS reports in about the port quality.

Oh yeah, certainly not a day one buy with talk like this.

And there are levels. Something like Darksiders that has only a resolution option and really needs to be played with a controller is one thing, but no options, not real mouse support and FPS issues? That is really a new low for ports.

We shall see, but no matter what happens I am just saying I am happy I have the option to play the game in some form.

I beat Darksiders just fine with a mouse and keyboard. Didn't feel the need for a controller at all. I'm pretty good doing the combos and stuff too. It just requires mapping your keys sensibly.

News Comments > John Carmack's VR Headset
14. Re: John Carmack's VR Headset Jun 7, 2012, 04:26 Slashman

J wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 02:52:
Shall I go and fetch my lawnmower, man?

Nice one!

News Comments > Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month
16. Re: Skyrim Dawnguard As Soon as Next Month Jun 6, 2012, 18:16 Slashman

That was a really pointless trailer for what I am pretty sure will be a really pointless game.  

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Trailers
25. Re: Star Wars 1313 Trailers Jun 5, 2012, 21:57 Slashman

Eirikrautha wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 20:11:
Sadly, I believe you are right. Whatever creativity there was at LA was long ago butt-raped by Jar Jar Binks...

I don't ever want you putting images like that in my head again. Do you hear me???!!!??

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month
37. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic F2P Next Month Jun 4, 2012, 23:39 Slashman

I'm just amazed that investors are still willing to put their cash behind WoW clones.

Even after failure on top of failure of any game to be a WoW competitor much less a WoW killer, something still makes people want to bet on a formula that has really only been successful for a single game for the past 8 years.

The Elder Scrolls MMO is another example of something doomed before it even starts. But they blindly charge forward expecting a different outcome by doing the exact same things that have been failing. You simply can't do it that way anymore.

News Comments > LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced
19. Re: LEGO: The Lord of the Rings Announced Jun 3, 2012, 00:37 Slashman

What the hell is wrong with me? I'm agreeing with space captain!!!!  

News Comments > Oil Rush Tower Defense Map Pack
4. Re: Oil Rush Tower Defense Map Pack May 31, 2012, 18:55 Slashman

From what I have read in other, more extensive reviews, it isn't supposed to be about microing groups of units like in C&C or Starcraft.

Its about deploying units to the correct points to defend and capture so that you stifle your enemy's economy, while taking over the important resource nodes on the map.

A platform will keep producing units until it reaches its cap or until it is taken over so it is more of a tower defense scenario than a straight RTS game.

I'll probably pick it up on sale at some point just to see how good it is.

News Comments > Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks
10. Re: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition & Steamworks May 31, 2012, 12:55 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on May 31, 2012, 12:38:
I don't really have high hopes for this port. Everything Namco has said thus far indicates that they have no idea what PC gamers want.

Whaaat? You mean we don't want pointless QTEs, Michael Bay moments and interfaces made for controllers??? What's wrong with you? (Note: Not necessarily talking about Dark Souls in particular because I don't know the game that well)

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed
2. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 12:47 Slashman

Yeah I'm getting this...no doubt whatsoever.

News Comments > CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced
27. Re: CD Project RED's Cyberpunk RPG Announced May 31, 2012, 00:19 Slashman

Cutter wrote on May 30, 2012, 21:10:
Slashman wrote on May 30, 2012, 18:34:
Wait...didn't you say a while back that after the D3 insanity that you had lost faith in gaming and were considering fading out to a different hobby? Or was I thinking of someone else?

Overall that hasn't changed. Four games do not equate to an industry wide shift. The industry, as a whole, is still headed in the wrong direction IMO. So, it is refreshing that at least there are still some games coming out that can give old gamers like me a reason to be happy.

Well I'd like to think that where there is a void in the gaming industry, some developer will rise to fill it. It may not shift the entire industry...but I don't think it has to. As long as there are enough games like Torchlight and Grim Dawn, I'll gladly pass all the D3s by, for example.

Oh...there is also this one that looks interesting. They are offering a completely offline version too from what I understand.

1574 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo