Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1995 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced
13. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 15, 2015, 13:37 Slashman

BAH! Teladi!

Go Split or go home! Fight

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 15, 2015, 07:26 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2015, 02:38:

Thats because it is just rumors. They are bleeding through their ears and this half-assed expansion is an attempt to stop them bleeding out. How they fucked X up is beyond comprehension, I liken it to Blizzard fucking up Diablo3 but even worse.

They made posts on the forums that the 'testing' they are doing now will build features for the next game (some of which will go into Rebirth). There hasn't been an official announcement yet though.

News Comments > Consortium: The Tower Announced
1. Re: Consortium: The Tower Announced Dec 14, 2015, 15:20 Slashman

REALLY need to play through the first one.

Another game on my long list of backlogged games sitting in my Steam folder!!!

6. Re: X Rebirth: Home of Light Announced Dec 14, 2015, 14:07 Slashman

Creston wrote on Dec 14, 2015, 10:15:
I'm surprised they're still expanding Rebirth, I would have figured they'd have given up by now and started work on the next thing.

That said, the expansion sounds pretty good. Quite interesting to see that they're just going back on several of their Rebirth decisions, and slowly are turning the game back into X3.

It's also kind of funny how these are the decisions that they swore to stick to.

XR is now being used to test changes and features for the actual real X game to come. I'm going to wait for that and buy that.

Egosoft has blown enough foul-smelling air in everyone's faces to last a lifetime.

All they had to do was be honest up front and say: 'We are building a scaled back game with very limited features so we can raise funds to build an actual full X game. Thanks for your patience.'

Well maybe they would need to word it slightly differently. Still it was a shitty thing to do and hide behind false reasons for doing it.

'Oh single ship is the way to go. Give it a chance.'

'You don't need to fly your cap ships. That's unfun.'

'When you direct control a drone, your co-pilot will take over the controls of your ship'.

'Highways are the most awesome thing ever. You don't need anything else for travel.'

'We finally got AI ship pathing right.'

Take your pick...it was all crap.

News Comments > Star Citizen Nears $100M
62. Re: Star Citizen Nears $100M Dec 13, 2015, 22:11 Slashman

I'm with Rigs on this in as much that I have heard other developers say that the single player flight sim aspect should have been done already.

The persistent world crap should not have interfered with that.

News Comments > Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is "Gold"
16. Re: Lucasfilm: Cancelled Star Wars 1313 is Dec 10, 2015, 07:41 Slashman

harlock wrote on Dec 10, 2015, 07:29:
ewoks are gold too

They're not little, hairy turds? Confused

News Comments > Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week
5. Re: Elite Dangerous Horizons Next Week Dec 9, 2015, 13:09 Slashman

This looks pretty cool actually.  

News Comments > Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year?
15. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Next Year? Dec 8, 2015, 15:30 Slashman

jomisab wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 13:20:
NegaDeath wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 11:55:
After how well Witcher 3 turned out I'd love it to be true, but I simply can't see them having enough resources to work on both at the same time and have 2077 that far along already,

True. If it were Ubisoft, they would make sure the game is released in November 2016, ready or not. And they'd have a separate team working on the next disappointing annual installment for fall 2017.

Assassin's Bleed-it-dry eleventy-7: The pre-epilogue sequel!

Pre-order now to get an exclusive stealth-emo outfit which grants angst bonuses for every successful outrage!!!

News Comments > Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support
44. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 8, 2015, 07:25 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:12:

Ooohm yeah. I'm gonna' have to sorta disagree with you there, Bob.

The only reason Bethsoft's games have the longevity they do is because of the PC and those self-same mods. I have 435 hours on Skyrim. Without mods it would have been 40'ish. Just go take a look at Nexus Mods mod numbers. Sky UI alone has been downloaded almost 11 million times. Look at the top 25 mods and each of them have been downloaded anywhere from 1 or 2 million plus to 25 million times! So yeah, it's very much about the mods.

OK fine. I just wonder how many times you have re-downloaded a mod when its version changed. I have probably downloaded Cloaks of Skyrim about 15 times. I've downloaded every version change of the Unofficial Skyrim patch mods for each expansion and main game. Same for SkyUI(which has had 15 revisions).

I've downloaded mods that were required to make mods I wanted to use work...and those multiple times.

So all of a sudden, several million downloads doesn't seem like such a huge number if the average mod user is always updating does it?

So if my modest 33 mods have had an average of 10-15 downloads not counting things like complete reinstalls of the game or system upgrades, 11 million downloads is a LOT less impressive for a single mod...and most mods number in the thousands of downloads.

News Comments > FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4
3. Re: FINAL FANTASY VII Remake Using Unreal Engine 4 Dec 7, 2015, 19:54 Slashman

harlock wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 18:46:
FUCK ALL THESE REMAKES

The gameplay that they've shown looks really good though so I"m at least interested. Been a loooong time since I played FF7.

26. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 17:39 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:44:
It's just my opinion. Also, devs, and even marketing, often have no idea. They think they do though. Nothing makes people look at videos of a game like mods. You'll see top rated videos about Skyrim for years because there's always this new hilarious mod. This generates continued interest and sales long after the game is released. And that's just what I think is the main reason mods are the most important; there are others.

Console gamers also watch Youtube.

Yeah they are some clueless devs out there, but no way are we talking mod users making up the kind of numbers that would make or break a game.

Most folks don't want to futz around with modding.

I use a modest 33 mods in Skyrim. From a fresh install to getting all of them to play nice together is a day's work. Especially so if you're using mods that affect similar assets. You're overestimating the average gamer if you think most people who buy a title go through this trouble. Hell sometimes I don't want to.

And console users are NOT swayed by mods they can't use. The only way that would make a difference is if they either own a gaming PC or they were inclined to go out and get one because someone did a nifty Skyrim retexture.

Sure mods make me come back to the game, but I also have at least 2 or 3 friends who play/played pure vanilla Skyrim and had zero interest in modding it. And they aren't 'casual' gamers.

8. Re: Fallout 4 Patch Breaks Mod Support Dec 7, 2015, 14:40 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 14:09:
No way this is intentional. Mods are probably the main reason why Bethesda's games are so popular nowadays. If I was forced to find a reason why they'd block the current mods, it would be because they're not possible on consoles. These mods aren't made with the editor(which isn't available yet) and would be impossible to do on a console. Maybe Beth wouldn't want console gamers to feel left out...

I'm not saying that I don't love mods and mod support, but maybe you should try talking to actual game developers before making statements like: "So and so's game is successful because of mod support."

The fact is that many more people play Fallout and TES games un-modded than they do modded.

News Comments > Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs
1. Re: Gigantic Delayed; Motiga Layoffs Dec 7, 2015, 09:49 Slashman

Oh noes!!! How will we ever live without another MOBA?

It breaks my heart... Bigcry

News Comments > Paragon is a MOBA
20. Re: Paragon is a MOBA Dec 7, 2015, 08:26 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 7, 2015, 06:48:
Phew, almost a week went by without the announcement of another MOBA! That's a relief.

Go stand in the corner and no cookies for you!!!

News Comments > AX-EL - Air XenoDawn Released
3. Re: AX-EL - Air XenoDawn Released Dec 6, 2015, 08:47 Slashman

So there isn't like a single player campaign or anything?  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
17. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2015, 09:04 Slashman

Agent.X7 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 21:03:
Not much hope for the XBone anyway. Just finished Tomb Raider on my Bone and sold it. TR cut scenes were so choppy it was ridiculous, and in certain areas the frame-rate dipped noticeably. I kept my CE stuff, but the game and box are gone. I'll 100% it on PS4, thanks. (Also, a bug prevented a lot of players form completing side missions past a certain point. That was fun.)

JC3 is definite PC purchase for me.

But...but... Next Gen! Bigcry

News Comments > On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support
8. Re: On Gratuitous Space Battles 2 Support Nov 25, 2015, 13:12 Slashman

harlock wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 12:42:
and says this is in part due to strong competition in the genre around the time it was released

right, competition with actually good games, which this will always lose, because its a peice of shit

I don't know if this one is a bad game or not, but not every game that loses or fails is a bad game.

In fact, plenty of games that are cult classics and well loved did poorly. It's the nature of the business.

The Homeworld series is a great example of this. Neither 1 or 2 sold as well as the developers or publishers expected. That's why there is still no 3. HW2 gained in popularity long after its launch period was over.

Marketing hype sells games and the average PC gamer's tastes aren't nearly as refined as we pretend they are. Why else does COD keep selling and selling and selling the same game?

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
11. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 13:15 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 12:55:
Wow, I'm almost minimum spec except for the graphics card. Somehow I think it'll still run just fine.

That's the point though. Why inflate minimum specs just for the hell of it?

Most of the time games just come out badly optimized.

Even Witcher 3 runs OK with a GTX 660.

I have NEVER built my systems to be top end. Mid range works just fine for me with pretty much every game.

When Witcher 2 first came out, I swore I'd need a new card to run it properly. Then magically they started patching in optimizations and the same card could run it with settings higher than before.

It would be a welcome change if devs could start doing the optimization passes BEFORE release.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Specs
6. Re: Just Cause 3 Specs Nov 24, 2015, 11:39 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 24, 2015, 11:34:
Yeah, seems to me a lot of devs are getting lazy these days with PC specs. If they can do it on a console they can do better on a PC with less.

I agree. A 670 minimum is pretty high.

Think I'll wait for release and see what the REAL reqs are and if patches address any performance issues.

The last game ran amazingly well with even modest specs at the time of release. Not sure what they are trying to pull now. The current console gen is shite.

News Comments > Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC
5. Re: Endless Legend Workshop Support and DLC Nov 21, 2015, 13:13 Slashman

I'd say that the expansions/DLC and free content updates really helped. The full game(with DLC) in its current state is worth it IMO.  

1995 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo