Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1845 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 5, 2015, 15:40 Slashman

nin wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 13:15:
Nice bump for Terraria. Looking forward to trying Styx albeit on the ps4, as it's free there in July.

So you're basically a low-down, rotten traitor to the PC master race is what you're saying... Police

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
25. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 19:22 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 19:01:
That's a very interesting article, and it presents an honest view of Star Citizen/current Kickstarter nonsense. Don't disregard it just because Derek Smart wrote it.

I think we all pretty much agree that the parts he wrote relating to Star Citizen have some merit.

Chris Roberts has always been a very good seller of ideas. He sold the idea of Wing Commander to a publisher with NOTHING to show for it. No working code, no concept art etc.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update
19. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Performance Update Jun 24, 2015, 11:19 Slashman

Oh look! My Steam refund came through.

Later Rocksteady. See you in a 75% off sale sometime down the road for the GOTY edition.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues
24. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight PC Issues Jun 23, 2015, 13:57 Slashman

Well I impulse preordered along with a friend yesterday and now immediately put in for a refund when I played.

There is no way that the game should perform so poorly. It doesn't look good enough to justify that.

I've been fine with other Arkham games, but this one is definitely performing like crap on my rig.

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted
10. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Specs Updated; AMD Issues Noted Jun 22, 2015, 16:09 Slashman

So do people actually LIKE headaches? Why buy AMD?

Every game that launches has AMD issues. Why would you want to subject yourself to that?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
8. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 21, 2015, 23:14 Slashman

I bought Wasteland 2 and Hand of Fate.

Wasteland 2 I'm waiting for the GOTY edition before I play.

Hand of Fate is an awesome game. Great atmosphere and fun. Never played a card game dungeon crawler before. It's definitely different and interesting.

News Comments > Tale of Tales Closing
33. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 22:17 Slashman

Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 21:57:
No i didn't play it, but I also didn't judge it as obviously being a lame title (from a trailer alone?! what is this, IGN?) that had no appeal to gamers because it wasn't mainstream enough.

Yeah but would you have simply bought it based on what they presented? Because it sounds like most people didn't. And if that's the case, where does the fault lie?

If you're a game developer, it's your job to make other people want to buy your product. If they don't buy it, who's ultimately responsible?

It's just odd that we're A) talking about a game that so far no one on this thread has played. and B) shaming them for "being too niche" when every other thread on blues is devoted solely for bashing games that take a too populist approach.

or, in the words of the great harlock - "gaba gaba mmmph harum pbbbbbbbpf"

It's not odd at all. First of all, you'd have to be pretty dumb to really think that people wanting to see new things in gaming means 'throw out everything and replace it with something else entirely'. Most of the time, people want just enough innovation and advancement to make familiar game types feel interesting and like they have something new to discover.

Sure, sometimes someone will come along and make a Dear Esther or something like that. But how often does that actually happen?

Secondly, and again, it may not be a bad game at all. It didn't, however, make people want to buy it even with the good reviews. What does that tell you?

23. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 20:41 Slashman

Slick wrote on Jun 21, 2015, 20:32:
and has one of you PLAYED this fucking game? no. but apparently you're all experts on how much it sucks, and how they deserved to fail. from what I've read this game got GOOD reviews from the press, no? how heartless are you fucks?

Have YOU played it? Would YOU have bought it from the description and trailer?

How many adventure games do you own and play?

Who was the audience that this was trying to appeal to?

No one is saying its a bad game, it just isn't an appealing game based on how they marketed it. People do things that are vastly different sometimes and sometimes those things fail.

"Hey I made this awesome game where you play as a housekeeper in the 70s!!"

"Uhhh...yeah?"

"Yeah it's great you should totally buy it! There's a civil war going on and everything!"

"And you're a housekeeper right...?" Undecided

18. Re: Tale of Tales Closing Jun 21, 2015, 20:01 Slashman

Adventure/point and click games aren't really in the "hit it big" category.

I personally don't play very many, but this one doesn't really jump out at me as something that screams 'must have for all adventure game lovers.'

When I saw the description on Steam I thought they were making a more mundane 'Viscera Cleanup Detail'.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Ultimate Edition
12. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Ultimate Edition Jun 20, 2015, 21:53 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 18:29:
Slashman wrote on Jun 20, 2015, 17:58:
Star Ruler 2 rocks. It is a very underrated game that didn't get enough press.

Maybe thats because there's Star Ruler 1 which is still without half of the promised features... Let me guess they promise all those missing ones in Star Ruler 2 but they arent quite finished right? ...

No idea what you're talking about and I'm not sure anyone else knows either. Star Ruler 2 went through Early Access and AFAIK is exactly what they proposed to make.

Sales in SR2 have nothing to do with SR1 since it sold much better. It's just 3 guys and they didn't have a big marketing push.

10. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Ultimate Edition Jun 20, 2015, 19:30 Slashman

Why would they not want to make another SoasE game?

I thought it sold well and was very popular. Was that not the case?

5. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Ultimate Edition Jun 20, 2015, 17:58 Slashman

Star Ruler 2 rocks. It is a very underrated game that didn't get enough press.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video
2. Re: Just Cause 3 Gameplay Video Jun 20, 2015, 10:43 Slashman

I'm sold!!!  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 17, 2015, 18:50 Slashman

Dirwulf wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 15:04:

As an explorer in Null Sec, I can make enough ISK to buy a Plex in about 5 days. Not a grind at all.

That's pretty much the definition of a grind.

News Comments > XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage
19. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 17, 2015, 10:15 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 02:53:
Erm. Why would you think that those are the 'only' ways you can do this? Have you played any of the 'original' games? You know, the one where the Aliens actually took TURNS and moved around on the map BEFORE you encountered them?

Because I remember the effect that could have. Spending an insane amount of time hunting down that last one or two aliens that stuck themselves between 2 crates and just sat there or moved back and forth in an out of the way place on the map. And with the maps now moving to procedural, that's an even more likely scenario.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
24. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 17, 2015, 09:53 Slashman

nin wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:52:
Ozmodan wrote on Jun 17, 2015, 08:51:
Did not like JC2, doubt JC3 will be any better.

That's fascinating!

Yeah we totally care!!! Really...

17. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 20:44 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 14:33:
Damn this looks fun. They're not only creating a sequel, but adding tons of new game play options. My wallet is cringing at all the gaming goodness coming out of this E3.

Lock it in a vault. That might might work for a short while...

News Comments > Just Cause 3 in December
1. Re: Just Cause 3 in December Jun 16, 2015, 20:40 Slashman

Gimme!!!!  

11. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 12:37 Slashman

PHJF wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 12:15:
Really, REALLY want to see a change to Engagement. The absolute worst part of EU was spending time to cleverly and quietly move a squad forward only to have spotted enemies get free movement to cover before combat. Let me get fucking sneak attacks and/or stealth kills.

Seems like this is what they are going for. But you will be 'surprised' by reinforcements in any case so it likely won't be an all stealth affair.

8. Re: XCOM 2 Gameplay Footage Jun 16, 2015, 11:33 Slashman

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jun 16, 2015, 11:26:
It looks really good, but it also looks like there will be some really cheap/cheesy deaths. Ranged tongue attack to insta-kill from the snake alien? Even more random enemy reinforcements than the first game, and they get first shot?

I'll still get it of course, just saying, there will be some raging.

People need to realize that difficulty levels exist for a reason. I finished EW on classic/ironman. No one forces you to play on higher levels than you need to.

Also, they confirmed in the interview that the enemies don't get first shot when they come as reinforcements.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2015, 11:51.

1845 Comments. 93 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo