Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1555 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 21:50 Slashman

I don't always wait for a sale. But I don't usually pre-order or buy first day. I'll wait for reviews and community feedback purchasing.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 1, 2012, 18:36 Slashman

Wow...Skyrim just will not stop. Even with so many sales going on...  

News Comments > Diablo III RMAH Issues
27. Re: Diablo III RMAH Issues Jun 30, 2012, 23:44 Slashman

MisterBenn wrote on Jun 30, 2012, 23:33:
... then the mask was removed and it turned out that Blizzard had been the Prime Evil all along. The end!

Good one!

News Comments > Radical Entertainment Slashed
13. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 29, 2012, 09:13 Slashman

Flatline wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 02:28:
*Flexes left hand*

Yup... I can still feel it. Holding down the left trigger button basically for 17 hours non-stop in Prototype injured that hand slightly, and do this day I can just barely feel the stiffness and the burn. For the longest time the first joint of my index finger was sore as f*ck as a direct result of playing that stupid game.

So for creating a game where I had to hold down the left trigger to basically do *anything* for 10+ hours and contributing to soft tissue damage, Radical can go fuck themselves.

Not sure why I'd ever want to play this with a controller. Mouse and keyboard worked more than fine for me. Nice to be able to look one way and run another. I had pin-point perfect control.

7. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 29, 2012, 00:13 Slashman

Alamar wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 23:12:
Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:53:
So... what does this mean for the PC port of Prototype 2? Is there a skeleton crew of Radical devs still working on it? Has it been outsourced to another developer? Cancelled? Given the huge delay between the console and PC releases, I have to assume that work on the port hadn't even begun until the console versions had shipped.

Crapple... This is one in a very small list of games I preordered well in advance... It better make it : )

Maybe I should go for a refund before the summer sale starts...

-Alamar

I didn't preorder, but I'd still like to play it at some point.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
9. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 28, 2012, 22:54 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 22:20:
Even better, I never heard of the Expendables and can you call 1 movie a franchise? .. I only barely remember something about a rambo knock-off with stallone, but is that this? , so this is a movie tie I have no idea what it even ties into.

Maybe I ought to rent the movie heh... imdb rating 6.. meh

It's a flat-out action flick for guys with the same kind of vibe of most classic action flicks. If you like explosions and violence, you could do a whole lot worse.

I kinda liked it. I think the 6 on imdb is mostly from people expecting some sort of profound dramatic story. It was a decent movie that does what it set out to do. That's basically it.

4. Re: Radical Entertainment Slashed Jun 28, 2012, 22:43 Slashman

That's odd. I thought they were changing the main character because they wanted to put in someone who was likeable.

The other issue probably being that African American main characters just don't sell as well as Caucasian ones. So adding one on top of the other probably didn't help. I'm assuming he really was a bigger douche than Mercer.

I didn't mind Mercer that much, though. Anti-heroes are sometimes a refreshing change of pace.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
30. Re: Ships Ahoy - PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Jun 27, 2012, 09:37 Slashman

Soulburner wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 09:15:
So this is no longer a first person tactical shooter?

It hasn't been that for a looonng time.

17. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 19:32 Slashman

Dev wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 19:13:
Slashman wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 18:22:
I'm playing it as a hacker/gunner/kinda stealth type. I honestly can't do stealth only. I can only go so long without the need to kill something.
Then you'll be the only one who likes the bosses

Probably. I already knew you couldn't stealth them from the initial player outcry. So I had an EMP grenade, shotgun and a few frag grenades ready to go when I met the first one. Took me 3 tries to get him...but I understand that some folks spent quite a while on him.

13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 24, 2012, 18:22 Slashman

I'm playing it as a hacker/gunner/kinda stealth type. I honestly can't do stealth only. I can only go so long without the need to kill something.

Maybe Deus Ex games aren't for me...

I am still enjoying it though.

News Comments > Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change
13. Re: Diablo III 72 Hour Restrictions to Change Jun 22, 2012, 14:29 Slashman

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:21:
AngelicPenguin wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 14:15:
Luke wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 13:19:
talk to kotaku but not the d3 forum ok ok

So many of your posts are like fun little riddles. I'm thinking "what is he trying to convey here" with your short little sentences with words that don't quite fit together.

Seems pretty obvious. He's annoyed that they will talk to Kotaku, but not answer these questions in the D3 forums where actual D3 players are asking them.

That's what I got too. And he does have a point.

News Comments > CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM
3. Re: CD Projekt on Cyberpunk & DRM Jun 19, 2012, 18:35 Slashman

I'm all in for Cyberpunk.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2012, Part 16
14. Re: It Came from E3 2012, Part 16 Jun 17, 2012, 21:44 Slashman

space captain wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 18:43:
seriously, ask the fucking girls what they think.. try that one out, poindexter

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that one to happen.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 17, 2012, 02:55 Slashman

Dmitri_M wrote on Jun 17, 2012, 01:23:
Measuring these specs against PC hardware is nice for those of us that care. The reality is MS is only measuring against the previous generation of consoles since that's where the game sales are high.

Even if game sales were less-than-stellar on the Xbox, MS would still bank everything on the next one because it has invested too much in the console industry to do anything else.

Oh...and Skyrim sold like crap on the PC too, didn't it?

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Jun 16, 2012, 19:30 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 19:16:
I think 4 gigs is enough for a console. Keep in mind that consoles use memory more efficiently than PCs. 4 gigs of shared memory means 2 gigs for sysem and 2 gigs for video. Also, I highly doubt that next-gen games will use 4096x4096 textures so you don't need that much memory. I expect that the new standard for console games will be 1080p, but at 30 FPS with little to no AA.

Yeah. I think those are significant enough improvements to change the quality of games on the console at this time. No one ever really thought(hopefully) that they'd be putting Core i5s with 16GB of RAM in them.

More worrying is the projected life of the console. 10 years with specs stuck at that level means they're starting behind the average gaming PC and banking on a decade of success at that level.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm "99% Done"
39. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 14:24 Slashman

Jivaro wrote on Jun 16, 2012, 14:15:
Seriously...40 bucks for an expansion? Does it make me sandwiches and bring me beer? If it doesn't, Blizzard can F off. I realize they can price it that way because their are plenty of people who will pay it, but that doesn't make it any more sensible to those of us that don't pray to a Zerg plastic figurine every morning. Had Starcraft 2 been more then just a higher resolution version of the original, maybe my opinion would be swayed. Probably not though.

In reality, there is no way that SC2 could have been anything else. The Koreans would probably have declared war on Blizzard if they made it into anything other than the next esport sensation.

Blizzard probably has no idea how to innovate anything at this point. They've been staunchly avoiding it for so long that I doubt it it is within their capability to do something new.

I was honestly hoping that SC2 would at least have gameplay as interesting as DOW(not the stupid sequel) but more expanded. Cool unit abilities and over the top stuff. But it was just ho-hum...an upgraded Starcraft.

21. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 16, 2012, 02:09 Slashman

Yifes wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 22:30:
Slashman wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 22:14:
Coincidence! I'm 99% uninterested...

Good for you, but stop wasting your time posting in these treads if you actually don't care. I'm 100% uninterested in hearing about it.

And when I start caring about what you think or want...I'll try to put that on my to-do list.

5. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Jun 15, 2012, 22:14 Slashman

Coincidence! I'm 99% uninterested...  

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
55. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 09:51 Slashman

Jonny wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 09:33:
That just means you didn't enjoy it, it doesn't say a thing about it's depth or complexity since you missed a good 90% of the game.

There is no depth or complexity to WoW. That's what people who play it tell themselves its got because it makes them feel better.

For crying out loud, I had a friend who couldn't even play City of Heroes properly switch to WoW and then start trash talking me about how 1337 she was. Blizzard made a game for the dumb masses and they came like ants to an open sugar bowl. WoW makes dumb people feel good. It's what Blizzard does. Well unless you're playing Starcraft...then it makes Koreans feel good.

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
27. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 00:45 Slashman

NKD wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:30:
Why these MMO developers continue to think WoW is anything but an extreme outlier is beyond my understanding. You can't reproduce WoW because you can't go back in time and beat them to the punch. When it launched, and for quite a while after, it was the only retard-friendly MMO. Everything else had a huge learning curve or some other barrier to entry.

Retard-friendly! I'm thinking I should save that quote somewhere for future reference 'cause that's exactly how I think of WoW.

But now, years later, gamers are more comfortable with the MMO concept and want something that is catered more to their preferences, rather than a catch-all like WoW.

The problem is that the investors want to be able to fill their swimming pools with cash and dive in them.

A well-designed and focused MMO catering to a certain type of player may be decent...but its not going to bring the kind of revenue numbers that make headlines(and pools full of cash). No one really wants a comfortable sustained income from MMOs now...they all want billion-dollar cash-cows.

1555 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 30.
< Newer [ 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo