Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1555 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
13. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 18:13 Slashman

Axis wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 18:00:
So my post is more for everyone else who is already done with TL2, BL2, or even GW2, etc like myself who wants to see what a real ARPG feels like in the 21st century.

Are they paying you money for promoting them in every Blues thread?

In any case...TL2 is a fine game. It builds on the first one and has enough that is different about it to make it worth playing.

Titan Quest stills stand as my favourite aRPG and so I'm patiently waiting for Grim Dawn to appear...but no rush...plenty to play in the interim.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Previews
10. Re: Evening Previews Sep 27, 2012, 08:31 Slashman

Why do we keep seeing game reviewers who don't know about or understand games?

We had a 40 hour preview from Kotaku that said the exact opposite. That the game had great replay potential.

Also...I never played an X-Com game session that lasted for months(and that includes Terror from the Deep whose missions were artificially made longer by having literally a gazillion nooks and crannies for a lone alien to hide in).

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
45. Re: get the motherfuck off my fucking lawn Sep 24, 2012, 19:08 Slashman

space captain wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 17:25:
Darks wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 16:18:
Riker wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 15:59:

EDIT: Also, this game badly needs a multiplayer co-op mode.

This is the one thing thatís keeping me from buying it right now. Iíve got so many other games right now to play that this one will get picked up at a much later date.

But Coop is defiantly needed.

so fucking clueless

Wow...I completely agree with space captain on something!

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Ė The Full Package In November
13. Re: Saints Row: The Third Ė The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 19:04 Slashman

Honestly...no one is missing much by getting just the mission pack DLC. That's all I got in addition to the main game in the summer sale and I don't miss a thing.

Great game...mostly useless/overpowered DLC. Well...in addition to the fact that you can upgrade to 100% bullet resistance in the game...what the hell is the point of that???

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
15. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 13:51 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:25:
This is definitely a demo I want to try out. I have high hopes for any game that has 'Xcom' in the title, but that can also lead to disappointment. If I like the demo I'll probably end up preordering to help with the bonuses.

You darned well better!!! I want my free copy of Civ5!!!! Pokestick

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
22. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 10:44 Slashman

Armengar wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 10:19:
D3 isn't poor. IMHO it is an ok game. The long awaited Duke nukem sequel was poor. sword of the stars 2 on release was poor. And so far on every d3 topic on blues there have been d3 haters jumping on d2 is better so I'm just adding a bit of variation.

I feel that d3 was supposed to have the spirit of d2 but have enough difference to stand apart. I obviously say this as my opinion and everyone has their own. Perhaps I have been luckier than others or my expectations of a good game are lower.

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just musing.

I'm thinking that if they have to go back and make it more like D2 anyway, why didn't they just go with that from the start? That's probably what makes people roll their eyes.

When they come back and say: 'Now we see that people like this aspect of the game and not this other one so much. So we're patching it in.'

And everyone is scratching their heads because this is exactly what was done in D2 a decade ago. You don't think it's crazy to have to do over so much of the game you had 10 years to get right from the start?

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
46. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 09:20 Slashman

Axis wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 09:12:
Better than D3, not even close to PoE. Bought it for my son since it's so easy but enjoying it for now myself.

Unless there's a nifty mod or two that comes out, there won't be more than about 2 weeks of interest at best from your average gamer.

There is extensive modding in TL1...can't imagine that TL2 is any different in that regard. The difference between this and TL1 for me is that I actually feel like playing different classes to see what the skills do. I never felt like that for TL1.

29. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 23:42 Slashman

I'm only on level 5 with my Engineer and I'm sold. Way better than TL1 in every way.  

9. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 20, 2012, 20:52 Slashman

I'm still not sure why the hell they ever wanted to do an MMO.

Even a few years ago, the MMO landscape looked like crap. They have a good thing with the Torchlight franchise. I'd like to think they don't want to screw that up.

News Comments > Morning Previews
18. Re: Morning Previews Sep 19, 2012, 17:37 Slashman

AngelicPenguin wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 16:59:
deqer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 16:03:
You D3 people... I feel sorry for you.

Have fun being controlled:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6573698478

and never to play it offline, never to play it lan, never to mod it, all for $60 because it has Blizzard tag on it.

Grats.

You always sound upset. Would you like an internet hug? Really, people who play diablo 3 are doing fine - it's just a game my friend.

True it is just a game...and it wasn't really that great.

So...who's up for some Bluesnews TL2 multi when it unlocks?? Biggrin

News Comments > DC Universe Online Hand of Fate Released
4. Re: DC Universe Online Hand of Fate Released Sep 19, 2012, 08:50 Slashman

LOC wrote on Sep 19, 2012, 07:24:
1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 18, 2012, 22:59:
People are still playing this?

Why exactly does it surprise you that people still play this?

Also, why is it in nearly every other news post about a game getting an update or whatever, someone has to post "Are people still playing this?!?!" ?

Why do you want to mess with tradition, man? Fight

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 17, 2012, 11:03 Slashman

There is no way I'd playing any X game without mods.

The XRM mod alone is making me put time in Albion Prelude.

Skyrim, it goes without saying, would be much less than what it is without mods.

Not all games will benefit the same from mods. Some games are play and forget(which is fine). But if there is a demand, and the developers can make the tools available, I can't see any reason to discourage modding.

It's one of the major advantages that PC gaming has over consoles.

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
26. Re: Foolzatch@gmail.com Sep 16, 2012, 10:54 Slashman

So are we still at a point where people do not know how to do free to play games? Pay to win is the wrong way. It's not like there aren't tons of examples of how to do it right...

@Prez

Well with the 3rd tier unlock on Steam you do get a copy of Civ 5, which I wouldn't mind getting anyway. But no...just saying you will won't cut it. Puppyeyes

News Comments > Jagged Alliance Online Launches
21. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 15, 2012, 23:39 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:18:
BobBob wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:16:
Is this free to play?

It just never gets old!

I just wish someone would answer the question...

Anyway Prez, are you gonna preorder Xcom? Because if you are, then I'll feel like less of an impulse buying fanboi when I do. And I can just blame it on you.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
21. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 14, 2012, 08:54 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 05:18:
NegaDeath wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 19:17:

...Why do I buy games I don't have time for?

Oooh shiny!

LOL! At least it's good to know I'm not alone in my sad situation.

Well actually...it's because of you that a lot of us are in a similar sad situation. You're setting a bad example!!!!

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
8. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 13, 2012, 21:43 Slashman

Well of course you're all forgetting that every game exists in a vacuum and does not have to compete with other games. Also, every gamer has the cash to buy every single game at release that they'd like to play and most can, and should, pre-order everything.

Adding up all that we can only conclude that games like Crysis should have sold eleventybillion copies and Ubisoft should be rich enough to purchase and maintain several large countries while singlehandedly funding the first manned mission to Saturn. (Actually...the sales of From Dust alone should have covered all that.)

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
20. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 16:32 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 16:22:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 13:50:
Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 13:23:
How guys like this ever get to be in charge of anything boggles the mind.
Having the right social contacts, having the right university diploma and being in the right fraternities, having the right "social scent", not being a filthy upstart and newcomer, originating from the right families.

To get a job as a CEO is very, very easy when you are born in the wealthy part of the city. Social transition is still very weak, classes still exist and influence our daily life.

How true. I remember when I was working corporate and our new North American VP of operations came by. The guy was all of 26 and a Wharton MBA with zero real world experience, but word around the campfire was his family were mucky mucks with our CEO.

He has the corporate scent.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video
15. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Panel Video Sep 13, 2012, 16:27 Slashman

Damn!!! After that RPS article, I may just preorder this now!! ARRGGHH!!! Wall Angry  

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
50. Re: Re:Indie Rant Sep 12, 2012, 21:42 Slashman

Yakubs wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 21:02:

You don't get it do you? FTL is a low-budget strategy roguelike hybrid intended to be developed in a short amount of time. If you'd take a moment to use your brain, you'd realize what kind of audience a low-budget strategy roguelike hybrid has.

My opinion on graphics in indie games has nothing to do with what kind of audience FTL has. You seem to be having trouble accepting that. Take all the time you need.

I'll give you a hint -- A TINY F*CKING AUDIENCE.

Here's a hint from me: I don't care. There are some games I'm just not gonna buy if they don't appeal to me enough and yes, sometimes graphics can be a deal breaker.

*Gasp* Imagine that! There are people who don't like the same things as you do! I'm sure you'll eventually get over it.

News Comments > FTL: Faster Than Light This Week
44. Re: Re:Indie Rant Sep 12, 2012, 19:49 Slashman

Yakubs wrote on Sep 12, 2012, 18:41:
Honestly, go back to the world of AAA sequels immediately and never return. Console releases should suit your "taste" perfectly.

Ah yes! The overreacting moron. Where would the internet be without people who don't read entire posts carefully before mouthing off?

I'm not saying that every indie game needs AAA quality graphics. I never mentioned that I want realistic graphics.

I dunno...have you seen Bastion, Orcs Must Die, Shadowgrounds, or Trine? All of those are from the large AAA publishers no doubt.

My point is that there is, for me, a saturation point where I don't need another game with 8-bit looking graphics just because it's an 'indie'.

It isn't a matter of going back to anything. I play all kinds of games. I own Revenge of the Titans, Frozen Synapse, Aquaria and Braid to name a few. That still doesn't mean I want all my indie games to look like they got made for the Atari 2600.

Good frikkin' grief...now we have indie elitist snobs!

1555 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo