Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1569 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 7, 2012, 15:58 Slashman

Turglar wrote on Oct 7, 2012, 15:51:
XCOM looks decent, but firaxis isn't getting any more of my money until they add pitboss to civ 5 like they promised some 2 years ago.

OK...wtf is Pitboss?? I'm a Civ newbie. Only started playing Civ 5 a week or so ago.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
25. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 22:58 Slashman

Thankfully I did not.

But I am sad that another promising space 4x game went down the toilet.

News Comments > Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt
19. Re: Legends of Pegasus Developer Bankrupt Oct 6, 2012, 20:03 Slashman

The writing was kind of on the wall though. I was following this game on the Kalypso forums and there was never any word on there from any of the actual dev team...just from Kalypso mods.

They never released any gameplay vids or gave any hands-on previews. People had been asking them to provide beta access for preorders. There was never anything.

The only thing they ever released was some kind of online magazine type thing with all this positive spin and then the game went live and the crap hit the fan. Hard.

The German players got it first and flooded the forums with all the bugs they were finding...and there were heaps and heaps. From there, everyone knew what was going on... basically another SotS 2, except this time from an unknown developer with no history of sticking to their game for the long haul like Kerberos.

All Kalypso did was give out free game codes for Dungeons and Patrician 4. And then they stopped even that. There was never a refund offer like Kerberos did with SotS 2. Steam actually relented and gave refunds to some people when they protested hard enough and others waited to see if they could fix the game. Guess that will never happen.

News Comments > Morning Previews
15. Re: Morning Previews Oct 6, 2012, 00:28 Slashman

Honestly, I can't see any reason not to be excited about this game.

After reading everything that went into its development, and seeing the preview feedback, I can't think that it won't be a great game.

I played and loved the first two X-Coms, but I wasn't necessarily looking forward to a perfect duplication with updated graphics. I think this will work out just fine.

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo
12. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Demo Oct 5, 2012, 09:13 Slashman

The weird thing is that its not a very difficult concept for a game. It's not like they were attempting something that's never been done before.

Why is it so hard to make workable pathfinding? Further...how could they not be aware that it was so horrible and release the game like that in the first place?

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week
7. Re: Serious Sam 3: Jewel of the Nile Next Week Oct 5, 2012, 09:10 Slashman

SS3 was better than SS2 for sure. I still really like Second Encounter but I don't have many complaints with SS3.

Not sure about picking up this DLC though. Too many games. TL2, Civ5, Endless Space with the new add-on and soon XCom as well.

I need some kind of time manipulation device... Thinking

This comment was edited on Oct 5, 2012, 09:17.

News Comments > WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again
50. Re: WoW Passes 10M Subscribers Again Oct 4, 2012, 18:09 Slashman

nin wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 16:46:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 16:13:
deqer wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 13:14:
Creston wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:10:
Smellfinger wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 12:08:
Why have do we need quests at all? Why bother crafting a massive world if you force players to follow the same path from beginning to end? Non-linear exploration and freedom of choice used to be what differentiated MMORPGs like UO and EverQuest from single player games.

Because probably 90% of current-day MMO players need to have their hand held to entertain themselves. You can't just give them a sandbox and tell them to have fun, they'd stand in the starting zone going "WAAAAH WHAT DO I DO?!" while breathing through their mouths.

Creston
Yes, because putting players into a sandbox and having them spend the time to figure it out on their own like it's a real job or something is SO FUN... ...

Worked just fine in Ultima Online. Just fine. There wasn't a single quest anywhere, and it entertained hundreds of thousands of people.

Normal people do not spend their life inside a video game, inside their moms place.

Which has exactly nothing to do with nothing being discussed, which seems to be quite the common denominator of just about every post you make.

Creston

He seems awful fixated on his mother...

Oedipal complex I suspect...

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
24. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 15:37 Slashman

Beelzebud wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 14:45:
Bioware is really nothing more than a logo for EA to slap on game boxes at this point. We all knew this is how it would end, when Bioware sold out to them.

Yep...I think some people are still in denial. I was hoping they'd go back to being the old Bioware again...but they pretty much cannot do that at this point.

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer
19. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Launch Trailer Oct 4, 2012, 15:13 Slashman

Anxiously awaiting this as well. The crazy thing is that I'm enjoying the hell out of TL2 and now I have Civ5 which is proving to be very addictive.

So the question remains: Will I even be ready to play XCom when it launches in a week? And if so...where will I find time to eat and sleep?

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 17:43.

News Comments > Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an "Endangered Species"
7. Re: Blizzard's Pardo: Single-Player Games an Oct 3, 2012, 20:39 Slashman

Yeah I mean look how crappy the sales for Torchlight 2 were. And Skyrim totally cratered in the sales department too. Everyone just pirated that one or rented it...

The Witcher 2 was a flop. The Batman: Arkham games tanked hard. Xcom: Enemy Unknown will probably be a failure. Dues Ex:HR, The Fallout series, Bastion, Dragon Age: Origins. So much single player fail. How does the industry stand it?

News Comments > Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch
2. Re: Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Patch Oct 2, 2012, 22:40 Slashman

I was actually tempted to get this game...but I think I'm going to happily give it a wide birth. Especially considering what I've been seeing of the reviews.

I really don't mind a difficult game or one that requires you to think carefully...but it seems that playing this is much more frustrating than it should be.

News Comments > XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person?
5. Re: XCOM Shooter Going Third-Person? Oct 1, 2012, 11:04 Slashman

Uhhhhhhh.... Yousaidwhat  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2012, 22:55 Slashman

So now for the important question Prez: Did you preorder Xcom as well?? Sneaky  

News Comments > Nexus 2 Kickstarter
16. Re: Nexus 2 Kickstarter Sep 28, 2012, 18:35 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 14:46:
Doubt they'll get it. Speaking of space games, wtf is X Rebirth?

It's the not-quite-sequel of X3: Terran Conflict.

It's a fresh start in the same universe with significant changes in gameplay.

Unless wtf was supposed to be 'where' instead of 'what', in which case the release date has yet to be announced and we're unsure if it will come out this year.

News Comments > Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated
13. Re: Diablo III PTR Patch Notes Updated Sep 28, 2012, 18:13 Slashman

Axis wrote on Sep 28, 2012, 18:00:
So my post is more for everyone else who is already done with TL2, BL2, or even GW2, etc like myself who wants to see what a real ARPG feels like in the 21st century.

Are they paying you money for promoting them in every Blues thread?

In any case...TL2 is a fine game. It builds on the first one and has enough that is different about it to make it worth playing.

Titan Quest stills stand as my favourite aRPG and so I'm patiently waiting for Grim Dawn to appear...but no rush...plenty to play in the interim.

News Comments > Evening Previews
10. Re: Evening Previews Sep 27, 2012, 08:31 Slashman

Why do we keep seeing game reviewers who don't know about or understand games?

We had a 40 hour preview from Kotaku that said the exact opposite. That the game had great replay potential.

Also...I never played an X-Com game session that lasted for months(and that includes Terror from the Deep whose missions were artificially made longer by having literally a gazillion nooks and crannies for a lone alien to hide in).

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
45. Re: get the motherfuck off my fucking lawn Sep 24, 2012, 19:08 Slashman

space captain wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 17:25:
Darks wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 16:18:
Riker wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 15:59:

EDIT: Also, this game badly needs a multiplayer co-op mode.

This is the one thing thatís keeping me from buying it right now. Iíve got so many other games right now to play that this one will get picked up at a much later date.

But Coop is defiantly needed.

so fucking clueless

Wow...I completely agree with space captain on something!

News Comments > Saints Row: The Third Ė The Full Package In November
13. Re: Saints Row: The Third Ė The Full Package In November Sep 24, 2012, 19:04 Slashman

Honestly...no one is missing much by getting just the mission pack DLC. That's all I got in addition to the main game in the summer sale and I don't miss a thing.

Great game...mostly useless/overpowered DLC. Well...in addition to the fact that you can upgrade to 100% bullet resistance in the game...what the hell is the point of that???

News Comments > XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo
15. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Demo Sep 24, 2012, 13:51 Slashman

Prez wrote on Sep 24, 2012, 13:25:
This is definitely a demo I want to try out. I have high hopes for any game that has 'Xcom' in the title, but that can also lead to disappointment. If I like the demo I'll probably end up preordering to help with the bonuses.

You darned well better!!! I want my free copy of Civ5!!!! Pokestick

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
22. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 10:44 Slashman

Armengar wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 10:19:
D3 isn't poor. IMHO it is an ok game. The long awaited Duke nukem sequel was poor. sword of the stars 2 on release was poor. And so far on every d3 topic on blues there have been d3 haters jumping on d2 is better so I'm just adding a bit of variation.

I feel that d3 was supposed to have the spirit of d2 but have enough difference to stand apart. I obviously say this as my opinion and everyone has their own. Perhaps I have been luckier than others or my expectations of a good game are lower.

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm just musing.

I'm thinking that if they have to go back and make it more like D2 anyway, why didn't they just go with that from the start? That's probably what makes people roll their eyes.

When they come back and say: 'Now we see that people like this aspect of the game and not this other one so much. So we're patching it in.'

And everyone is scratching their heads because this is exactly what was done in D2 a decade ago. You don't think it's crazy to have to do over so much of the game you had 10 years to get right from the start?

1569 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo