Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1585 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > On Sale
14. Re: On Sale Mar 9, 2013, 11:01 Slashman

Picked up Tropico 4 and Modern Times. The other DLC just seems like a bunch of junk.

Now I am forced to finish my playthrough of Tropico 3 which I had not been getting around to. Just so I can start 4 with a feeling of completion...or something.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > StarDrive Pre-Purchases Get Beta Access
9. Re: StarDrive Pre-Purchases Get Beta Access Mar 9, 2013, 08:17 Slashman

Think I've been spoiled by SotS. I like my 4x games to be turn-based with combat in 3d realtime and highly detailed ships and weapons.  

News Comments > SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand
10. Re: SimCity Pares Down Features to Meet Demand Mar 7, 2013, 21:03 Slashman

Are they actually serious? Turning off stuff in a game that people paid for expecting to have that stuff available so some other folks can play too?

What exactly could make this any worse?

This goes way beyond retarded. Dunce

News Comments > Soren Johnson at Stardock
18. Re: Soren Johnson at Stardock Mar 5, 2013, 11:25 Slashman

NewMaxx wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 09:18:
Now, back to gaming. GalCiv is overrated if you've heard it's the second coming of 4x in space. It's not overrate if you've heard it's the second coming of turn-based 4x in space. Only other realistic competitor, IMHO, is Civ 4's Beyond the Sword's Final Frontier. Soren worked on Civ IV so that might be a good sign, especially as he also worked on Spore (another space-faring title, technically). Also, Brad's not that bad. He's even worse! I kid.

Either way I still found it overrated. And just plain not that fun. Maybe it was the fact that so many people kept saying it was great and I went in expecting to be blown away but instead just felt meh for most of the time I was playing it.

Touting a great AI is fine but if the rest of the game feels just plain uninteresting, then I'm not going to be all that interested. I love the Civ series, Warlock Master of the Arcane, Endless Space, SotS and several others. Just got Armada 2526 and it looks promising.

GalCiv2 just feels plain old dull and boring.

News Comments > Soren Johnson at Stardock
15. Re: Soren Johnson at Stardock Mar 5, 2013, 08:56 Slashman

Dmitri_M wrote on Mar 5, 2013, 08:18:
Galciv 2 was good and I hope they're working on a follow up.

GalCiv was boring as heck to me. I just don't get the way people view it as some kind of 4x second coming.

It had an entire ship design section with a gajillion components that did not matter. All that mattered was laser 1, laser 2, shield 1, shield 2.

The research tree was boring and about the only thing I can get from people about it was that the AI was impressive.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Mar 3, 2013, 23:02 Slashman

Creston wrote on Mar 3, 2013, 22:50:
I don't think that the gaming industry "hates" gamers. But I do think that the big publishers view their customers with contempt, and see them as disposable wallets. They literally care for nothing else except how to squeeze every single last fucking dime out of a customer.

And that attitude has largely rubbed off on most of the devs as well. There aren't very many devs left who make games because they love it. For most of them it's just money money money money. (And then they want to talk about games being art...)

It's sad.

Creston

To be fair to some of the other devs, it's sometimes hard to make games you love because of the demands of the modern gamer and well...the need to support your family.

A lot of the time I wouldn't want to be in their position...

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots
30. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Details and Screenshots Mar 1, 2013, 19:18 Slashman

Bishi wrote on Mar 1, 2013, 18:23:
Loved the story and lore, hated the combat. Maybe they can fix that this time.

They did fix that in 2. The combat in 2 was pretty decent.

News Comments > Divinity - Dragon Commander Website; Trailer
6. Re: Divinity - Dragon Commander Website; Trailer Feb 28, 2013, 18:38 Slashman

I think this looks pretty decent.

Dragons with jetpacks...Can you actually ever go wrong with that??? Highfive

News Comments > Anomaly 2 Announced
6. Re: Anomaly 2 Announced Feb 28, 2013, 17:00 Slashman

Sweet!!

I loved the first one. I actually need to go back and finish it before the second one hits.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released
7. Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit and Demo Released Feb 23, 2013, 08:54 Slashman

Armengar wrote on Feb 23, 2013, 05:41:
SOTS2 was a train wreck for me. SOTS1 was great in comparison the sequel was clunky and bugged to hell. Until I see great reviews I can't even be arsed downloading the demo; too many other unplayed steam sale games.

SOTS2 was a wreck more than a year ago. They haven't stopped working on the game since then and it is a whole different game now.

Also...SotS1 was a wreck at launch too, people just have short memories or bought it after it was patched and updated to hell and had 2 expansion packs.

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Feb 16, 2013, 09:17 Slashman

Dev wrote on Feb 15, 2013, 06:50:
GMG has complete Max Payne 3 (the game and all DLC) for $14 after voucher. Or if you are like me and already had the base game, its about $8 for the season pass containing all DLC.
http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=max+payne+3
20% off voucher code
GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS

I have the base game and just can't bring myself to even contemplate multiplayer in a Max Payne game.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
39. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 11:04 Slashman

There is no way they didn't know it was this bad and they still put it out.

I don't have much sympathy for them. If you make something that's flat out bad...it doesn't deserve to do well.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 09:48 Slashman

Hey Darks...where are you now to defend the game we horrible Bluesnewsers unfairly called crappy before release?  

News Comments > Games for Windows LIVE Issue
12. Re: Games for Windows LIVE Issue Feb 11, 2013, 19:19 Slashman

DangerDog wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 19:08:
Games for Windows LIVE tech support.

Is your computer plugged in?

DOH! Dunce

News Comments > Impossible Studios Closing
10. Re: Impossible Studios Closing Feb 9, 2013, 08:37 Slashman

Well the guys who worked on Vanguard: Saga of Heroes got the axe in the middle of a parking lot...  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
59. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 21:16 Slashman

I'll say that, after all the years I've spent gaming, I can pretty well tell when I'll like something or not.

I can also tell when my not liking something is simply the product of it being a different genre than I like(like point and click adventure games) vs. it being simply a game designed in a way that turns me off.

There are games that will cause a large portion of Bluesers to be split down the middle. Then there are games which a lot of folks will say aren't worth it. Those games will still find people who like them. And some people will literally play anything in a given genre and say it is great.

In terms of pre-judging a game, it is absolutely sometimes valid to form an opinion based on what is presented by the developers. Especially when they tout certain features as major selling points that you greatly dislike. If a developer makes a game and sells it based on including QTEs as often as possible, for instance, than you can pretty much bet I'll hate the hell out of it. And nothing you can say will make me say it's going to be a great game.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced
26. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 14:54 Slashman

Verno wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:45:
Darks wrote on Feb 8, 2013, 14:20:
If the fucking shoe fits than wear it, got it Veron? I post what I did because of the same shit like this. Got it??

The internet tough guy routine just makes you look silly Derks Glasses2

I honestly don't get it. There have been a million other games that people on Blues have said they hated before they launched. What makes this one so special to Darks?

Some of them have been spot on too. I remember the days of some folks staunchly defending Dragon Age 2. Then it actually came out...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year
4. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:54 Slashman

Wash Washburne wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 08:43:
I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening

Convert it into gold and throw that. You're bound to get a reaction of some sort...

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year
1. Re: The Witcher 3 Revealed for Next Year Feb 5, 2013, 08:42 Slashman

So yeah...GIMME ALREADY!!!!!  

News Comments > Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout
26. Re: Three Dog on Fallout Tease Fallout Jan 21, 2013, 18:00 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:38:
Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 17:00:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 14:50:
Slashman wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 13:54:
Rattlehead wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 12:40:
I have a good theory I why many people don't like 3dog. Hint: Because he's black.

Strange is the day I find myself in agreement with Rattlehead...

Because that matters how exactly? He's a VOICE actor. WTF indeed.

That's exactly the point. He's a voice actor.

He did a pretty decent job. What the hell would it matter if he appeared in the next Fallout game for whatever reason?

What's the actual reason for people not liking him? Hell, everybody thought Claptrap was great in Borderlands and you can't get much more annoying than that. What's (unfortunate) about him being an NPC in the game?

Who would have been a better choice for the part and why?

Sorry, Slash, it sounded like you were agreeing with Rattlehead, but it sounds like you didn't read his vile "hint". Or perhaps I misread Rattlehead. He gave a disgusting reason that people didn't like 3Dog, but perhaps he was talking about other people, and not something he personally subscribed to.

I didn't think he was implying that he meant the reason for himself(or at least I hope he wasn't).

Although, I have seen plenty of times on internet forums where people express dislike for an actor or character and sometimes that's the only conclusion I'm left with because the people or characters they compare them to aren't any better.

I thought he pretty much did his part well.

1585 Comments. 80 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo