Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1567 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailers
5. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Trailers Jun 11, 2013, 11:38 Slashman

Money thrown at screen...nothing happening...  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
21. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 10:23 Slashman

You've got to ask yourself why Micorsoft would do something like that.

Something just doesn't make sense. Did they really think that Sony would go with the same model just because they announced it and make it all even?

It's got me scratching my head. It's almost like I'm missing part of the puzzle because no one could be this stupid...right? Dunce

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 9, 2013, 16:07 Slashman

Made the mistake of picking up Gods & Kings for 75% off.

Now my nights are sleepless and I'm once again transformed into a Civ 5 zombie... Zombie

News Comments > Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale
14. Re: Civilization V Free Weekend & Sale Jun 7, 2013, 19:53 Slashman

DG wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 15:58:
Nu-uh, not touching this game again.

I lose too much of my life when I get into a Civ game.

no.

no...

well maybe...

just one more turn......

*Evil Laughter*

News Comments > X Rebirth Lives
24. Re: X Rebirth Lives Jun 7, 2013, 19:41 Slashman

My biggest issue with Rebirth is that I'm stuck in one player ship with a linear upgrade path determined by the plot. Not piloting cap ships isn't so much of an issue. But only having the one ship to fly is relatively limiting.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
12. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 7, 2013, 09:47 Slashman

nin wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 08:58:

Pretty close to my exact experience, though I skipped 2 based on people's comments.

3 really had me scratching my head. Think I played like 2-3 hours before uninstalling it...didn't feel anything like the previous games.

It actually does feel like the previous games. Just not right away. Eventually you get the weapons and you begin to get thrown into fights with insane numbers of enemies. It's nothing like CoD at that point at all.

You just didn't give it enough time. Even the reviews tend to agree that at first, you wonder what they were doing, but after a while it's all back to the way it was in 1.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
6. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 7, 2013, 00:41 Slashman

Ahumado wrote on Jun 7, 2013, 00:12:
dumb stupid games

You sound bitter. Want a cookie?

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Announced
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 18:42 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 16:15:
Slashman wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 15:42:
Rigs wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:44:
Yeah, unless they somehow turn everything back to the way it used to be, which is seriously doubtful, this isn't going to work. And since they're calling it a sequel to the worst one in the series, I'm thinking that's not their plan. I mean, why does every game now have to be about the twitch mentality? Everything is now, now, now. Aside from nearly everything Paradox and MATRIX puts out (which are hardcore for the most part), everything has turned into more of a 'I don't want to wait, show me now' kind of thing. It sucks. I was reading some of the OLD issues of CGW yesterday (think early-90's, DOS-era, before Win95) and there are so many games that made you actually put TIME and EFFORT into using them.It wasn't instant gratification...and I think gaming has lost that and Crusader, as it is right now, is a perfect example...

=-Rigs-=

Yeah but all the experts are calling it 'progress' and 'accessibility'. Why should some level of skill or competence mean that you can progress further in a game than I can? Can't I just click things and mash buttons while obtaining all the rewards you're getting ?

I presume you're joking. There are some on here who I wouldn't be sure at all.

I bought Stronghold 2, my God was that bad. I'd heard how great Stronghold was and SH2 looked so beautiful so I snapped it up. Sure enough, it was beautiful. By far the best looking RTS I'd played. Shame about the actual game!

Sarcasm is so hard to convey on the internet without smileys...

News Comments > Stronghold Crusader 2 Announced
5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2013, 15:42 Slashman

Rigs wrote on Jun 4, 2013, 14:44:
Yeah, unless they somehow turn everything back to the way it used to be, which is seriously doubtful, this isn't going to work. And since they're calling it a sequel to the worst one in the series, I'm thinking that's not their plan. I mean, why does every game now have to be about the twitch mentality? Everything is now, now, now. Aside from nearly everything Paradox and MATRIX puts out (which are hardcore for the most part), everything has turned into more of a 'I don't want to wait, show me now' kind of thing. It sucks. I was reading some of the OLD issues of CGW yesterday (think early-90's, DOS-era, before Win95) and there are so many games that made you actually put TIME and EFFORT into using them.It wasn't instant gratification...and I think gaming has lost that and Crusader, as it is right now, is a perfect example...

=-Rigs-=

Yeah but all the experts are calling it 'progress' and 'accessibility'. Why should some level of skill or competence mean that you can progress further in a game than I can? Can't I just click things and mash buttons while obtaining all the rewards you're getting ?

News Comments > EVE Back Online
2. Re: EVE Back Online Jun 3, 2013, 12:39 Slashman

NeOCidE wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 11:10:
Finally......worst 24 hrs of my life!!
I had to endure idle chat with the wife

Yeah...I can't imagine how horrible that must have been.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
24. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2013, 02:05 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Jun 3, 2013, 01:54:
These people really need to learn to just say "no comment" instead of coming up with bullshit excuses for console exclusivity.

Well I guess they just didn't want to go with: 'This truck full of money just pulled into our driveway with a MS logo on it... Suck it PC gamers!'

News Comments > ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend
11. Re: ORION: Dino Horde Free Weekend Jun 1, 2013, 09:17 Slashman

Prez wrote on Jun 1, 2013, 03:20:
I'm a very forgiving gamer, but this game is awful. It really has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Dang...if Prez is saying that, you know it has to be really crappy.

News Comments > Morning Patches
2. Re: Morning Patches May 30, 2013, 19:16 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on May 30, 2013, 10:43:
Man SOTS2 is still nowhere near final version... these patch notes are still beta territory...

Depending on how you view 'final version', you may have a few years to wait.

I looked at the patch notes for the first game and there were tons of issues getting fixed up until the final patch.

Most people seem to have gotten into SoTS1 after that final patch.

News Comments > Wargame AirLand Battle Trailer
4. Re: Wargame AirLand Battle Trailer May 25, 2013, 12:48 Slashman

Wow...I think I may just get this.

I skipped the first one but this looks really cool!

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
13. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:36 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on May 20, 2013, 11:10:
It doesn't matter. You use another name.

And yet no one really cares enough to use another name, and there's crap-all that you can you can do about it because practically no one is around who remembers the original.

So you're right...it doesn't matter.

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer
10. Re: Shadow Warrior Reboot This Fall; New Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:08 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on May 20, 2013, 10:31:
A "reimagining" is NOT ok. You can do that if there were several sequels, but not when there was only one game. What people want is more Shadow Warrior, not a different game. Use a different name in this case! I can understand the business decision, but this is going to do one of two things:
1- Game is bad, franchise destroyed, no Shadow Warrior sequels.
2- Game is good, you'll never see a game like the original Shadow Warrior, because this is the new style.
In summary, bad for Shadow Warrior fans.
Might still be a good game. Hard reset was OK.

I'm curious to know how many actual Shadow Warrior fans you think even exist right now. It's 16 years old and like you said, never had a sequel.

People always jump in with this idea of the fans of a nearly 20 year old game are so plentiful that it will cause a massive outrage if the game isn't identical to the original. If you asked the average gamer about Shadow Warrior, do you think they'd even remember it?

Hell I want a NOLF sequel and I doubt I'll get it because the fanbase probably isn't there. So they'd be making it for a new set of fans. And it would likely differ from the original because games have changed somewhat after a decade.

News Comments > Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team
10. Re: Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team May 19, 2013, 23:42 Slashman

How is it that large publishers and developers still think that WoW clone MMOs are the cash cow of the future?

Just stop making them already!!! Seriously! It's time to let it go. There can be only one WoW! Well...until Blizzard pukes out its next crack-laced derivative.

News Comments > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs
20. Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance for PCs May 17, 2013, 16:17 Slashman

Quinn wrote on May 17, 2013, 15:44:
Or when the first act of vengeance failed. Rolleyes

Heh heh!

News Comments > Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold
4. Re: Avalanche Steampunk Game on Hold May 16, 2013, 22:06 Slashman

I dunno. I don't think that people are so burned out on Just Cause games that a sequel wouldn't be welcomed.

If a game series keeps improving and has great gameplay, I don't think people mind sequels. It's usually when a series is clearly stagnating and offering nothing new that people ask for new IPs.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sanctum 2 May 16, 2013, 08:42 Slashman

Tomas wrote on May 16, 2013, 04:00:
Yeah...I don't remember it having hard controls either.

That said, I'm not sure what to think about this one. Some of the changes didn't necessarily sound for the better. Hopefully I just misinterpreted the news I was given.

I'm playing it. It is definitely better than the first one in most ways I can think of. The levels are more interesting and actually interactive. Even the workers in the facilities will pick up arms and shoot at the monsters. If you hunt around the levels between waves you can find extra stuff like trip mines etc.

The classes seem to have been done decently(only played the shotgun guy so far and he's only level 3).

The monsters actually will chase you down if you get close. They all have unique attacks as well. Like the large walkers doing a leaping slam that deals AoE damage. Some of them have ranged attacks(screamers). Apparently some monster are large and tough enough to destroy towers but I have yet to run into any(only on the third level). Way more levels than the first game on launch.

My one complaint is that the detailed monster descriptions for each monster type seem to be missing. You can see icons representing what monsters are coming next, but no writeup on their behaviour or attributes. Not sure if I just don't know how to access the info in the game.

1567 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo