Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1428 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
35. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 19:18 Slashman

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 19:13:
Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:31:
Do the execs want to get paid for doing a good job here? Yes. Yes they do. But they're not dumb enough to take money out of the coffers when they're struggling to stay alive at a time that they know that being bought out will mean even more money for them.
And yet, thats pretty much exactly what the Caen bros did with Interplay's corpse. Essentially, they got more in bonuses than fallout online got in dev funds during the years they pretended to do something with it, so they wouldn't forfeit the IP to beth per the contract. I checked Interplay's financial statements for those years, and that was pretty obvious.

If they had instead used all that money to do actual substantial development, they might have had a leg to stand on and keep the MMO IP, and perhaps even get it released and made money off of it.

Now I doubt anything like that will happen with THQ, but my point is, greed can be very stupid and outweigh any logical thought.

Dude...he totally needed that third Ferrari!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
24. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 17:19 Slashman

zombiefan wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 17:09:
WOOHOO!!! Champagne for everyone! Kiss my ass, THQ.

(passes around cigars)

Huh? Headscratch

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Patched
3. Re: MechWarrior Online Patched Dec 19, 2012, 01:04 Slashman

So is it officially released or still in beta??  

News Comments > The Secret World Subscriptions Now Optional
6. Re: More Big Picture Details Dec 12, 2012, 11:39 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:31:
eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 11:20:
The problem being without a demo or trial people will still not ever buy it.

I think that is still a very valid point. It's still $30 to try, BtP has that barrier, where FtP does not. Both will try to sell you stuff in their crap shops no matter. So imo if you want the masses to try it FtP is more inviting.

So how does Guild Wars 2 work again?

News Comments > Valve Living Room PCs Next Year?
45. Re: Valve Living Room PCs Next Year? Dec 9, 2012, 20:34 Slashman

Prez wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 20:16:
Trevellian wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 19:41:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 9, 2012, 16:50:
If it makes PC gaming easier for the masses I'm for it.

Though I would argue that PC gaming is already pretty damn easy these days.

Please no. I'd appreciate if the Brotards stuck to their console COD slop and left the PC gaming to intelligent people.

"Here we see the curious, solitary animal known as the "PC Elitist" in a web forum, its natural habitat! Look how he encircles his prey with insults and silly, baseless arrogance before he pounces! This is amazing!"

Too bad you can't type in an Australian accent - it would have given it a more authentic nature show feel.

Good one!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Max Payne 3: Painful Memories Dec 5, 2012, 11:55 Slashman

TheBigVlad wrote on Dec 5, 2012, 10:28:
I know there's not a lot of love for this game here but I absolutely loved it. For me the issues with the frequent cutscenes and stylistic presentation were drowned out by how engaged I was in the story. I also admit I'm a little biased since the first two games were some of my favorites of all time, so getting to play as Max again really satisfied my nostalgia. Haven't touched multiplayer though.

I think that's the point here.

I love the single player part of it. Max Payne was built on that. The fact that no DLC is anything other than MP is really odd in my mind.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2012, 13:46 Slashman

Lobster wrote on Dec 3, 2012, 13:37:
Most game companies have that kind of zeal and put in that kind of effort. They just call it "alpha testing" and do it before the game comes out.

Most game companies do not update and support a game 5 years after it comes out. Which is what they also did for SoTS1.

I'm not excusing the bad launch at all, but most game companies would simply cut and run after a launch like that. Take a look at Legends of Pegasus and Novacore.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition & Free DLC Dec 3, 2012, 13:28 Slashman

I waited for the all clear and was going to fire it up, then got distracted by my stupidly long Steam backlog.

I then heard about the expansion and decided to wait for it.

I finally fired it up this weekend and I have to say I'm impressed.

I really enjoyed my time with it. Granted I'm still a newb and learning the game, but I like what I have seen so far.

If this gets the same level of committment that SoTS1 got, then it is an investment worth making. Even now I think it's worth the price.

Also, the download was really small because they have been sneaking the content in with previous patches.

News Comments > Endless Space Free Weekend
6. Re: Endless Space Free Weekend Nov 30, 2012, 07:12 Slashman

They have been patching and enhancing the game ever since it came out.

They just released the second of 3 free add-ons. Go to the forums and look at the patch notes.

The game has come a long way.

Combat, while not changed, has been balanced and tweaked a bit. The AI is a bit better at building ships and no longer gets economic and research boons unless you are playing at very high difficulty.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
20. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 19:47 Slashman

ASeven wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 18:31:
dj LiTh wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 17:24:
Also i must say, limit theories in game video looks a hell of a lot better than staring at the same asteroid spammed 10,000 times in the above vid

Agreed. If there's a project with the potential of becoming the next Elite-type game is Limit Theory. It has the potential of becoming something really awesome.

His video really impressed me. And it's something I'm liable to back way before I even think about backing Star Citizen. If he pulls off the procedurally generated universe along with the NPCs working the way he says they will, I'll take it in a split second.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Video Diary
14. Re: Elite: Dangerous Video Diary Nov 25, 2012, 17:09 Slashman

Anyone here think Limit Theory will be any good?

It's a one man game...but it looks like it could be interesting.

News Comments > Op Ed
42. Re: Op Ed Nov 25, 2012, 11:56 Slashman

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 25, 2012, 10:24:
Cliffski is a piece of scum whos days in the gaming industry are OVER. Its 2012 Cliffski, time for your ancient ideas to ride off into the sunset.

Cliffski is NOT Cliffy B. This is not the guy from Epic. This is the guy who made Gratuitous Space Battles.

News Comments > Op Ed
20. Re: Op Ed Nov 24, 2012, 19:06 Slashman

I haven't looked at Elite: Dangerous too closely, but Star Citizen is a definite point of worry for me. I really dislike people paying to get better stuff in a playing field that should be level.

That is the major reason I won't back Star Citizen and won't buy it until it is out and reviewed properly.

Having said all that, I don't know of many kickstarters which offered major in-game advantages for higher tiers. Maybe I missed a few, but none really come to mind.

News Comments > Eurocom Layoffs
10. Re: Eurocom Layoffs Nov 24, 2012, 13:02 Slashman

There's a decline in demand for console games???  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 19, 2012, 09:31 Slashman

I suppose it does prove that PC gamers are every bit as brain-dead as their console counterparts. Hooray!!  

News Comments > Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video
16. Re: Star Citizen Funding Homestretch; Video Nov 18, 2012, 21:51 Slashman

Bucky wrote on Nov 18, 2012, 21:31:
So, I just pledged $60 via Kickstarter.

This is the first, and very likely only thing I will ever crowd fund. Will the game be everything he's promised, and everything we all want? I have no idea. Frankly, I'm paying $60 just to be hopeful for the next two years, and that alone is enough.

Or look at it another way: instead of buying the latest CoD, fund this instead.

Edit: Timeframe.

Honestly...that should be a friggin' no-brainer for anyone with $60 and thinking of buying Call of Rehash 4938...

News Comments > Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month
3. Re: Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition/Free DLC This Month Nov 16, 2012, 12:54 Slashman

I have it. It's installed. I just have to somehow find the time to play it between everything else I bought over the past few months!!

So I guess it's a good thing in a sense because the expansion can only make it better.

These guys really did stick with their game though. Unlike Novacore and the Legends of Pegasus debacle.

Once the new expansion is in place I'll give it a go(unless something else arrives on my plate to play). Curse you, Steam Sales!!! Curse you!!!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Nov 15, 2012, 08:17 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 23:21:
Suppa7 wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 07:48:
yuastnav wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 05:29:
Would I enjoy the first Darksiders?

Yes since the first darksiders is much better game then DS2. AS a long time gamer I found DS2 underwhelming (since I've played so many games) but as you are probably (from your post) a younger gamer go ahead and pick up DS1, it's a much better game then DS2. DS2 the combat and levels are pretty same-ish and rather bland, DS1's story was twice as good and the world was much more coherent then Darksiders 2.

Wow, that wasn't condescending at all.

Anyway, Darksiders 1's story was just as incoherent as DS2's. At no point did I ever care about the story or characters in either game. As for combat and level design, again, it's all very similar to the first game's. Your long-term experience as a gamer doesn't change these facts. If you enjoy the core gameplay in DS2 (the combat, platforming and puzzle-solving), you're almost guaranteed to enjoy the first game as well.

I don't get it either Jerykk. I played DS2 for myself last night and I honestly can't see any reason to dislike the game if you enjoyed 1. The only thing I can think of is that people don't like Death's character and maybe wanted him to play more like War.

Story wise, I don't see anything that was unexpected. I think Death controls a bit better than War and the loot system at least gives the game one more aspect to gameplay than its predecessor.

So yeah, I'm scratching my head at the notion that 1 is a better game than 2. The platforming in 2 feels more like Prince of Persia SOT...and that's not a bad thing.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
22. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 12, 2012, 08:53 Slashman

Hey...I play/played Skyrim in third person with no issues. Also, my 5 or 6 animation mods have made the experience even better.

Hitman, I don't think I ever played in first person though.

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Art
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Art Nov 9, 2012, 13:50 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2012, 13:35:
Anyway, keep it up, young padawan. Let me know if you beat one of my scores on Defense Grid, though, because then I have to go back and kick your ass.

Creston

Challenge accepted!!!

1428 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo