Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1549 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth
107. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 20:42 Slashman

Well a forum regular posted earlier that their touted economic model seems to be a fabrication somewhat.

They were all going on about how every ship you see contributes to the economy, but it seems that only large haulers really do anything. A lot of the station traffic and highway traffic is just fluff. Also, it seems like you can't easily follow a ship to its destination because of the travel system so you don't really know if it does what they say or if the whole economy is just a big illusion.

From the looks of things, it is no more complexly modeled than the X3 economy. Except it took 7 years to make...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

88. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 11:53 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 11:03:
Im so glad I never bought this....

It really makes me sad that I have to say that. I really liked X3 and would have liked to feel like I should have preordered.

Looks like I'll have to wait a year or two for it to turn into a workable game that I can enjoy.

83. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 10:37 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Nov 16, 2013, 10:05:
No radar....Jesus that fucking sucks....

Yeah but at least the aesthetics of your cockpit look really cool now. Even better if you could actually look around the cockpit...

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 16, 2013, 09:27 Slashman

They originally weren't going to call this an X game and I strongly believe that they should have stuck with that plan.

I had doubts when I saw that they put in walking on stations. I have a feeling that it was not originally going to be included. It seems like a huge time waster. Egosoft are not FPS or RPG makers. They need to stick to the things they are good at.

They needed to correct the problems in X3. They claimed to have done that with the AI navigation and SETA removal.

They went on and on about accessibility, but the problem with the old games wasn't simply accessibility. It was the lack of proper in-game tutorials and information.The no-radar thing is mind-boggling. Why would you not have a radar?

X games to me have always represented the Elder Scrolls experience in space, but with even more freedom. I never thought that a linear/forced plot was what they were missing to make them great.

All that plus a single ship is not what I was hoping for in Rebirth.

I can't even get onto their forums right now.

51. Re: Ships Ahoy - X Rebirth Nov 15, 2013, 15:29 Slashman

Whoohoo!!! I didn't preorder!!!

Back to XCOM:EW to wait for the patches to roll in.

May actually give this a few months and wait til next year.

News Comments > X Rebirth Launch Trailer
32. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2013, 19:23 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:59:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Nov 14, 2013, 18:18:
I think most people flew many different classes of ships.

Polls on the Egosoft forums, which is really the only way to be able to tell anyways, showed that more than 50% of people would basically fly an M6 or that one M7 that could dock, all the time, and around 30% flew an M3. Very few bothered with capships other than for that few hours when you can finally afford one and you go wipe out a Xenon sector.

Most of the time people didn't fly an M6 or an M3 is when they needed a TS or TL for some particular mission.

If you can upgrade your one ship to the point where it's an effective crossbreed between an M6 and an M3, I think most people will be happy with it.

Anyway, like Rigs said, it'll be modded in in no time. There was a cockpit mod up and running within 2 weeks of X3 being released.

My problem with this line of thinking is that it made modding certain aspects of X3 pretty much impossible due to the devs hard coding things that they never 'thought anyone would want to change anyway'.

Many X3 mods cannot get past the barrier of: hard-coded faulty AI navigation, the weird way missiles work, the inability to make AI do anything complex etc.

I've seen many X3 mod authors discuss that kind of thing over and over. If Egosoft haven't made the engine actually capable of making the kinds of changes that people want to make, all the mods in world won't help very much.

Hard coding an NPC co-pilot is, IMO, just a bad idea which will cause issues down the road. So is making the Skunk so it doesn't have turrets.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
16. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 21:53 Slashman

Why would one not just get a flight stick anyway?

I mean I still use my MS Precision 2. It's more than a decade old and still going strong.

News Comments > X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads
4. Re: X Rebirth & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 13, 2013, 19:31 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 19:28:
Note to self: don't preorder X Rebirth. Don't preorder X Rebirth. Preorders are never a good thing. Don't do it Quboid, you always regret preorders. It's an X game, it's going to be buggy. Just wait a few days for first impressions. Do not preorder.

I'm not gonna make it.

Sad...

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
29. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 14:07 Slashman

Apparently I'm the only person on this board who doesn't speak German.

Sad

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - SimCity Cities of Tomorrow Nov 13, 2013, 09:49 Slashman

Are people really still playing this?  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending
15. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Ending Nov 13, 2013, 08:28 Slashman

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 07:54:
Optional Nickname! wrote on Nov 13, 2013, 07:43:
"We’re starting work to get Shadowrun Returns available on GOG.com right now - not sure how long that will take but we’ll let you know as soon as we have an answer."

Sooner you do, the sooner I buy! No more money for Gabe Newell's DRM.

Steam is so convenient and non-intrusive that I would hesitate to categorize it with typical DRM. Why must people whine so damn much about nothing?

It makes them feel important and like they are taking a stand for something. The actual reality is much different, but they just stick their fingers in their ears and chant mantras about protecting their rights.

Because you know, videogames is serious business...

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $26 Million
23. Re: Star Citizen Passes $26 Million Nov 4, 2013, 22:23 Slashman

EkimDeLhi wrote on Nov 4, 2013, 22:11:
$28 million Stretch Goal - The ability to fly. Like not in the game, but in real life. We've been planning anti-grav belts since the start. Soar around your neighborhood and impress your friends!
$20k+ backers only
(pewpew sounds not included)

Heh heh!

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Nov 2, 2013, 12:09 Slashman

Your identity protected. Now get back to getting busy!!!  

News Comments > Valve: Steam Offline Mode "Designed to be Indefinite"
18. Re: Valve: Steam Offline Mode Nov 1, 2013, 23:36 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Nov 1, 2013, 22:41:
No it's them PR'ing covering their ass. It has a specific month timer, if you don't login to steam for a month you can't go into offline mode.

I know because I've encountered it. It's WAY TOO specific to be a bug, it's a DRM feature to ensure that gabe can monitor your playtime when you play offline games.

So why doesn't everyone get it?

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released
11. Re: Shadowrun Returns for Linux Released Oct 31, 2013, 16:07 Slashman

I've never played a Shadowrun game so I'm not sure what to expect from this one. Is It worth it?  

News Comments > Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts
13. Re: Steam Boasts 65 Million Accounts Oct 30, 2013, 15:09 Slashman

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 14:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 30, 2013, 12:56:
I would imagine (looks at stats) that Steam is only 20 Million actual accounts. The rest are dupes and 2nd,3rd,4th accounts (see mess that was holiday sale).
I was gonna guess 5 million when you don't count abandoned accounts. Might be higher than that...

It cannot be 5 million if their usage numbers regularly hit 4.5 million. The world doesn't exist in a single timezone.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players "Aren't Gamers"
29. Re: Quoteworthy - Infinity Ward: Many COD Players Oct 28, 2013, 14:54 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Oct 28, 2013, 14:49:
Well it would explain why they have such poor taste. These are the assholes that keep reality tv alive and well too. Yeah, because watching people do daily chores like driving a truck is just interesting beyond fucking words. Rolleyes

There are people who watch people cutting down trees that think it makes great entertainment.

You could at least make a small case for the repo-man shows(provided that crap isn't staged anyway). But yeah. Reality tv is bottom-feeder territory.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
15. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 18:33 Slashman

Why was it even taken away from Rocksteady? Did anyone give a reason or did Rocksteady just not want to work on it anymore?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 27, 2013, 12:54 Slashman

Wow. Naruto at number 3. Unexpected...  

News Comments > Devolver's Blood Hint
12. Re: Devolver's Blood Hint Oct 23, 2013, 16:29 Slashman

Shadow Warrior was awesome. I have no idea why they went to low key with the marketing.  

1549 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo