Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1549 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > NSA's Game Spying
93. Re: NSA's Game Spying Dec 9, 2013, 14:29 Slashman

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 14:17:
I'd like to thank whoever for the successful derail. Kudos.

I think it has kinda gotten interesting though. Someone hopefully can explain to me the whole vaporizing airplane scenario. Both the one that crashed and the one that hit the Pentagon. They carried away that debris by hand. No bodies lying around there either.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Darkout
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Darkout Dec 4, 2013, 19:53 Slashman

I wish someone would work on something like this that isn't a 2d side scroller or Minecraft.

Starforge is still in early access beta though...

News Comments > Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users
24. Re: Steam Breaks 7M Concurrent Users Dec 2, 2013, 17:32 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 16:56:
Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes is on sale @ Humble Bundle for 9.99 (or like 7euro) which is cheaper then the 50% off steam has for it if your interested.

STOP THIS!!! My credit card cannot take it!!!

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam
5. Re: Just Cause 2 Multiplayer Modification Coming to Steam Dec 2, 2013, 10:24 Slashman

Acleacius wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 10:18:
Could this be used to play the game Coop with friends, or is it intended just for deathmatch/pvp style gameplay?

I was pretty sure they were pitching it as a co-op thing. Not sure if that changed.

Just Cause 2 is totally awesome though. Biggest and most diverse open world I have ever seen.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer
5. Re: Warhammer 40,000: Space Wolf Trailer Nov 30, 2013, 19:43 Slashman

F2P really needs to be relegated to grindy Asian MMOS.

Games Workshop needs someone to set some decent standards for their IP.

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale
65. Re: Steam Autumn Sale Nov 28, 2013, 12:06 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2013, 11:21:
Ok the GMG sale has started - 4 deals every 4 hours. Bioshock Infinite is on atm for $10.

Skyrim mods? Get the Hi-Rez pack off of Steam. The Sabre Cat mount rocks. Immersive Weapons and Immersive Armor are sweet. Pure Waters is a must. Climates of Tamriel makes a big difference. Auto Unequip Ammo - if you use a bow at all. Realistic Lighting Overhaul and Enhanced Lights and FX make a huge difference too. Staic Mesh Improvement Mod las but not least.

Never heard of some of those mods. Thanks Cutter. I'll try some of them on my next playthrough.

Right now I keep getting my butt handed to me in XCOM EW on classic/ironman. Not sure I'll ever win at that difficulty...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 14:16 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 13:49:
X Rebirth is probably being bought by fans of the previous games who understand that Egosoft has the habit of shipping beta products, and trusts them to fix it later.

I think most of those guys bought it already. The others who waited aren't going to grab it in the current form.

If I thought it was an easy fixer-upper I would grab it, but I don't think it is. There are some fundamental design flaws in the game. Some of them put Rebirth behind X3 even at launch.

The stuff they swore they fixed wasn't fixed, so much as it was sidestepped.

For me to buy, they will need to have fixed the all the problems and then release an xpansion. So that is likely more than a year away.

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 24, 2013, 11:59 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 24, 2013, 10:29:
Unbelievable that people are still buying the broken and buggy mess that is X Rebirth... sad really.

The power of overhyped trailers.

They are making a killing.

The number of people playing though, is not that high. I guess people are buying and then discovering what it is they bought.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
4. Re: Evening Screenshots Nov 24, 2013, 00:50 Slashman

Unless it has something other than crap combat, I'm missing it by a mile.  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2013, 17:01 Slashman

KS wrote on Nov 21, 2013, 15:51:
It was a cute and clever phrase; now it's ruined.

q'd

It's generally only a matter of time.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2013, 13:37 Slashman

because stupidity!  

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January
9. Re: Shadowrun Returns Dragonfall (Berlin) in January Nov 19, 2013, 14:09 Slashman

I'm planning to pick this up over the Steam Christmas sale.

I keep hearing good things. It's just the backlog. The evil Steam backlog!!!!

News Comments > X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans
55. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 19, 2013, 08:58 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 20:11:
What's the latest X3, is it Albion Prelude? (Edit: seems AP is the newest but it needs TC; 20 for the pack - nope.) Is there an all-in-one mod for that which you guys recommend?

The mod list (thanks SpectralMeat, Taskeen) is interesting. It's encouraging that there's already these fixes, even if many of them should have been in the game from the start.

Get X3 Albion Prelude and install the XRM mod. I think it is the definitive X3 all in one mod. Makes a lot of sensible changes and adds some challenge where needed. Including some graphics tweaks and lots of new ships to play around with.

62. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2013, 14:21 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:03:
Creston wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 14:00:
I really wish they would have made a "reconquer nation" mission to free nations you'd lost.
Yeah that would be great.
I already lost China and looking at the amount of red in the list of Countries without satellites and I am way behind in making uplinks and building satellites I think I will loose a lot more.
Oh well, one more lesson for the next play through. I am enjoying the game a heck of a lot regardless.

It's awesome to get your butt kicked!!!

15. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 12:23 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 11:54:
* reads thread. goes back to playing Albion Prelude *

You are a smart person.

8. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 10:59 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 18, 2013, 10:46:
I played now for 20 hours and the game is a joke. There is absolutely no motivation to build anything because it never integrates into a real AI economy. Everything is even more fake and smoke and mirrors than before.

The thing is that in X3, what was 'fake' were the origin of NPC ships. They didn't come from shipyards. Factories simply spawned freighters out of thin air, and military ships were the same. Everything else required resources to build so that the economy made sense. Even though sometimes that created some annoying shortages, you could take care of that by supplying the factories with what they needed. Sometimes competing freighters would beat you to it. It was still more real than Rebirth.

5. Re: X Rebirth Apology & Patch Plans Nov 18, 2013, 10:45 Slashman

Bugs are really not the issue here.

There are fundamental game design issues. Ones which will require a lot of work to fix.

You're basking in your high sales now, but metacritic scores, the Steam forums and your own forums(full of your loyal fans) are not telling a happy tale.

Let's not even touch on the fact that the game apparently may have started as a console game.

45. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 18, 2013, 10:01 Slashman

First time playing classic/ironman in EW and it is kicking my ass SO hard.

I don't think I'm gonna make it. But it is fun as hell!!!

21. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 20:47 Slashman

Creston wrote on Nov 17, 2013, 19:28:
I agree with every single one of these points. Hopefully Egosoft can fix most/all of these issues, but it's going to take awhile.

I think they just ran out of money and released it. Even some of the long time testers are saying it's in essence just a public Beta.

That's an optimistic view. Those fixes are probably close to a year's worth of work.

Well maybe they will use the modders' efforts to help. Still a long time before I buy.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 17, 2013, 17:10 Slashman

In the first place, and IMO, the games didn't need to be more accessible. There is a limit to how simple you can make something which is inherently complex.

What was needed is a proper in-game tutorial, a decent encyclopedia and an automatic adviser type of help like the kind that Civ 5 has.

X games are not as complex as they seem at first, they just need explaining. It baffles my mind that Egosoft can't seem to document and explain their own games properly after all these years.

They also suck at story, plot and character way worse than Bethesda ever could. But they insisted on making it a focus of Rebirth. You can't do it Egososft, so it is insane to make the plot a mandatory part of gameplay and a requirement for upgrading your ship.

The game didn't need, and doesn't benefit from, walking around stations in first person mode. It would have been fine to just get out of your ship and into a general lobby area on the station where every thing and important NPC is accessible. NPCs look and act like zombies from a bad old horror movie.

The living universe and economy apparently is a lie. Most of the traffic is window dressing around stations and does not take part in the economy like they specifically said in the dev videos.

This is Egosoft's worse work yet. And it took them 7 years to do it.

1549 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo