Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1432 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III Mar 31, 2014, 20:04 Slashman

GAH!!!! I just can't handle any more games right now!!! Sigh  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:02 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:47:
deqer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:43:
Randomly-generated land ruins the meaningfulness of said land, thus making the game boring(like a tedious meaningless repetitiveness grind) and lessens the feeling of accomplishment.

Just like randomly generated land made Minecraft boring, and randomly generated dungeons made Diablo and Rogue Legacy boring, and randomly generated guns made Borderlands boring.

Also, I believe the landscape of the earth is pretty randomly generated.

...but Earth itself is boring! Wacky

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
39. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 01:43 Slashman

I'm pretty much with Jerykk on this one.

It's not obligatory to buy their early access offering and if it leads to a better game, then where is the harm?

My one early access gripe was GalCiv 3. I thought that too much was left out of the game for even the early access. But again, I'm not forced to buy it in that state.

There is more transparency with early access as well. You can see what the devs are doing and make suggestions at the point where things are easier to change than if the game was fully released.

The devs can make changes that invalidate savegames etc. without worrying that there will be massive backlash.

It's really not a bad thing overall.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 19:31 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:45:
Ugh no pre-load for AoW3 and it doesn't launch until noon EST. Granted it's only 6.5 gigs, still I want to fire it up NOW! Ugh, stupid devs! If they started this game one day earlier we'd be playing it right now!

Patience: The hardest virtue...

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed Again
8. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed Again Mar 29, 2014, 21:51 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 12:20:
I liked TW2. I am saddened this won't have full game coop. I figured since TW2 had a coop mode that they had the knowledge in hand to make a fully coop RPG. It would be a slightly poor-man's Coop Skyrim that some dream about. But I'm still interested to see how this one turns out. It was a young team that to me have improved on every release. I'm totally ok with companies like that, they may have had a rocky start.

Does every damn new game have to be co-op now? Some games are meant to be single player experiences. There isn't a shortage of co-op games.

I wish people would stop trying to tack it onto everything.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Early Access Next Week
4. Re: Shadowrun Online Early Access Next Week Mar 28, 2014, 09:24 Slashman

Are these the exact same devs that made Shadowrun Returns?  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
19. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2014, 09:23 Slashman

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:14:
...so you're not smart enough to follow the logic that buying a space based RTS sight unseen from a developer that hasn't done a real space based 4X game in 8 years yet seems to be promising the moon is a bad idea?

And you don't see how that correlates to pre-order customer from SotS II, which also promised the moon, and how those same players were fucked royally for two years solid?

Oh, yeah, "Early Access"...except in every shitty "Early Access" titles, there are always the mouthpieces and white knights that plead "But it'll get better" and it so rarely does.

Since it's a completely different developer no it doesn't correlate. Unless you're trying to claim that somehow a different developer screwing up a game has eternally doomed an entire genre to the same fate?

SHHHHHH! I wanna sit back and enjoy his logic-free tirade a bit longer. Idiocy like that doesn't come along every day.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
3. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Mar 27, 2014, 20:33 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 19:59:
At a $99 price point. No thanks, I remember SOTS II.

Which didn't have an Early Access program at all and wasn't made by the same company. So... Wtf

News Comments > Shadow Warrior Demo
5. Re: Shadow Warrior Demo Mar 27, 2014, 09:50 Slashman

Hump wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 09:45:
I wish the hell they would do a simple deathmatch multiplayer for this game.

That would be kinda awesome...but who would ever use the guns?

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Trailer
8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 25, 2014, 00:17 Slashman

If combat in this game is still as crappy as it was in GalCiv II then they can keep it. I don't care how fancy their ship designer gets.  

News Comments > Morning Previews
7. Re: Morning Previews Mar 19, 2014, 16:53 Slashman

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 19, 2014, 16:23:
"QMXi isnít making the game for hardcore gamers, and itís not making a game for hardcore Firefly fans. Itís making something new, with neither demographic in mind, and hoping that it all works out."

I read that............

Now I want what they're smoking. Smoking

News Comments > EverQuest Turns 15
4. Re: EverQuest Turns 15 Mar 17, 2014, 11:16 Slashman

As far as nostalgia goes, EQ holds some great memories for me.

Not many other MMOs ever really gave that feel. Almost like people lost something with all the modernization and zero penalty check boxes.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 00:17 Slashman

Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 16:31:
Planet Explorers is well worth it if you like those sort of games. We just got steam keys but the community and dev support has been strong for a long time.

I was looking at it, but wanted to hear from someone on Blues who has actually played it. What's it actually like?

News Comments > Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo
15. Re: Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo Mar 17, 2014, 00:13 Slashman

So I never got into these games. I thought that 3000AD was a combo FPS/Flight sim/Cap ship command game. Or is it split into parts?  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced
16. Re: Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced Mar 14, 2014, 09:12 Slashman

Deepjay wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 06:58:
My point is that these work in progresses are making their way into mainstream sale sites such as steam to the point where you're never really sure what you're buying these days. Yes you can research it, but you shouldn't have to.

I have yet to see a game in Early Access on Steam which does not warn you that the game is incomplete, will have bugs and is still being developed.

It says this for all early access games on the store page.

People who ignore that and then complain are crazy.

News Comments > Wargame Red Dragon Preorders Get Beta Access
3. Re: Wargame Red Dragon Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 13, 2014, 17:29 Slashman

Don't know if to jump in on the 1st, second or third title.

Thinking of getting Airland Battle...but the idea of naval combat is really appealing...

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
15. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 9, 2014, 01:02 Slashman

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 16:25:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 13:22:
The shadow warrior remake by Devolver was amazing.

It wasn't amazing, it was boring! Copy and Paste levels, the same handful of enemies throughout the whole game and nothing left from the humor of the original. It played like Serious Sam Asian Edition ;)...

I found it pretty fun. They said right from the start that they weren't doing the same humor as the original and I think they still did a decent job with that aspect.

The powers and sword fighting were cool too. You also did get new enemies as you went along. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Sure there were recurring ones, but they were more than just a handful. Although I guess it depends on what counts as a handful to you.

It's a run and gun shooter. What kind of gameplay did you actually expect?

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
14. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 23:18 Slashman

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:46:
how is it fraud? When I go traveling for work all over the world, I want to be able to still buy my games and watch netflix or whatever else.

They still get my money, I never pirate and I pay for my services.

Regional locking out of services is what is a joke.

Quoted for truth.

I paid good money for my tablet and I get to have a gutted excuse for an app store. Why?

'Because if you live in the Caribbean, you must actually be from another planet where they like a shitty selection of apps. Let us oblige you by making sure you only get the tastiest turds
(You know...the ones with the little peanuts in them. You LOVE those right? mmmmmMMMM! Turds!!!)'

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
20. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:26 Slashman

Well there goes my master plan to play hundreds of games from Prez's account. Tears  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
25. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 15:08 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:44:
Ok now you lost me completely, because i've not once seen egosoft say just how horrible their game is to date. They say they are adding features that are requested, instead of fixing broken interfaces. Not once have i heard the egosoft devs man up to just how broken and unplayable Xrebirth was or even still is.

You haven't seen it because they have never done it.

Their first statement after release was how great a success the game was and how they are sorry that SOME people are experiencing problems.

Even then they had to admit that they never tested the game on high end rigs, they never acted like it was a mistake. They were all like: 'Well if it ran on low to mid range systems, it should have done great on higher end hardware.'

And even after all the crap, they keep insisting that the game will never be X4. Not that it isn't obvious by how much of a turd it is.

1432 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo