Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1604 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
31. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 17:37 Slashman

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:13:
I just got kicked from the server for idling in a spaceport while I was doing commodities market research. Not please that happened in solo mode.

Seriously? You can't just stay logged in without doing anything? They kick you for that? You sure it wasn't something else?

I didn't think anyone could muddle a space sim as bad as Egosoft, but I'm wondering if I should reconsider that now.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
10. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 12:52 Slashman

Ozmodan wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:17:
Gamma? Now they are making up build names LOL? Cute game, but nothing to be taken seriously. I love space games, but like Starpoint Gemini better than this one. I am very disappointed in what they made, nothing like Elite.

Weird because I played the original Elite for hours back in the day and ED seems very much like it. Albeit with better combat, graphics and additional activities. How is it not like Elite?

News Comments > WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release
14. Re: WARMACHINE: Tactics Full Release Nov 21, 2014, 17:10 Slashman

As was said earlier, faithful reproductions of table-top games on PC do not make happy gamers in most cases.

I agree 100% with the Space Hulk Ascension remake being much better than the tabletop copy that the first game was.

The moral is simple. If you like tabletop gaming, do tabletop gaming. If you want to play PC games, expect PC game mechanics that make for smoother and more intuitive play.

Tabletop gamers are not all going to turn into PC gamers and buy your reproduction game on PC. If they are who you made the game for, you're going to lose financially. That's obviously not the ideal situation for a game studio to shoot for.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective
37. Re: Far Cry 4 Piracy Perspective Nov 19, 2014, 07:58 Slashman

Redmask wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 07:23:
You're not entitled to a demo of every product just because you want one. If the company wants to give you a demo, they will provide one. 'its a glorified expansion!' so why would you fucking pirate it then if its so worthless. Have an iota of fucking willpower and ignore their game if they don't do things like give you a demo, let reviewers talk about the game and take care of their products. It's like an even more pathetic version of a drug addict, constantly bitching about his dealer but always looking for the next hit.

I'm gonna have to +1 this...

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension
8. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Space Hulk: Ascension Nov 13, 2014, 08:07 Slashman

I actually failed the freaking tutorial mission!!

Definitely woke me up because I thought my terminator was invincible.

I like this one a lot better than the original. Definitely going to give it some playtime.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
17. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 08:05 Slashman

Lorcin wrote on Nov 12, 2014, 00:48:
For me this is a B grade franchise looking for the hit to make it mainstream. GTA owns the game=art ground. Saint's Row owns the WTF are kidding territory. Even Far Cry is knuckling in as current king of the sorta serious, sorta funny genre of sandbox games.

They don't have the budget to compete with GTA and I doubt they have the balls to face off against Saint's Row/Far Cry.

I'm wondering if you even understand what Just Cause games are about.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 11, 2014, 19:33 Slashman

MOAR DESTRUCTION!!!! Flamethrower Rifle

I actually hope they have flamethrowers this time...

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 19:51 Slashman

Prez wrote on Nov 9, 2014, 17:54:
You guys haven't tried Farming Simulator deathmatch yet? Noobs.

Waiting til I can powerlevel my crop duster to 40 before jumping in on that.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 9, 2014, 13:22 Slashman

MY carrots is bigger n ur carrots!!

--133t F@rm3r Number1

News Comments > Ubisoft vs. Steam?
62. Re: Ubisoft vs. Steam? Nov 7, 2014, 13:41 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 13:33:
Rattlehead wrote on Nov 7, 2014, 11:06:
Pirate bay all the way.

Don't be a douchenozzle.

Is "douchenozzle" copyrighted? Can I use that too?

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway
8. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Includes DLC; Preorders Underway Oct 30, 2014, 16:41 Slashman

I watched the anime a while back and thought it was pretty decent.

Not sure how I feel about playing the game now. Hmmm...

News Comments > Star Citizen at $59M
16. Re: Star Citizen at $59M Oct 29, 2014, 14:39 Slashman

Creston wrote on Oct 29, 2014, 14:32:
the FPS module isnít an asideÖ itís a fully featured game in and of itself

Great...? I know that when everyone was clamoring for more space games, what they all REALLY meant was "There aren't enough FPS games out there, we need them IN our space games too!"

I'm now officially giving you an internet. Even though you keep pissing me off in Defense Grid 2.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Beta
12. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Beta Oct 28, 2014, 22:27 Slashman

I need to know that offline play offers everything that online play does before I buy this.

I'm not really interested in Elite Multiplayer and being a slave to server lag.

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
21. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 27, 2014, 09:28 Slashman

I'm inclined to *gasp* agree with Cutter on this. Not simply about its worth for the price, but about why a dev studio would want the public in on the prototyping stage of the game.

This is the phase where developers are brainstorming and rapidly creating and discarding ideas and iterating the main thrust of the game.

This isn't a part that should even be funded by people let alone inviting them to get in on it.

They need to nail down what they want to do and do a proper kickstarter/indiegogo campaign.

Most people have a hard enouhg time grasping Early Access. I don't even want to know what headaches and misunderstandings pre-alpha access would bring.

News Comments > Subnautica Earliest Access
16. Re: Subnautica Earliest Access Oct 26, 2014, 19:12 Slashman

If it's not at the early access stage, why not do a kickstarter for it? Or maybe an indiegogo?

Why would you even want the public in on this stage of pre-alpha development?

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
24. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 15:06 Slashman

Fion wrote on Oct 24, 2014, 14:42:
Have you heard about the Long War mod? It's the most popular XCom: EU/EW mod that ups the difficulty, choices and really puts that classic feel into the game. I suggest you check it out.

I'm sorry, but beating EW on classic/ironman almost ended me. Why would I want to UP that difficulty?

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released
15. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Released Oct 24, 2014, 14:33 Slashman

Sticking to Endless Legend for now.  

News Comments > Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft
6. Re: Jade Raymond Leaving Ubisoft Oct 20, 2014, 15:42 Slashman

Prez wrote on Oct 20, 2014, 15:40:
Are you guys trying to start a flame war or what?

Guess it's a slow Monday...

30. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 12:20 Slashman

Quinn wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:20:
Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 11:11:
harlock wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 10:03:
Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 09:34:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:35:
Yeah gotta say the game is growing on me...the mechanics are simplistic and repetetive but there is fun to be had in the game once you start doing more of the side missions and just plain run around wreaking havoc.

Same here. Just got started and my only difficulty is finding out how to properly interrogate a worm. I keep accidentally killing them instead. It's a bit frustrating. Haven't done any of the main story missions...still running around the map.

you can grab a worm whenever, you dont have to beat them down

So I hit the grab button first then hit the interrogate button right? I could have sworn that the last time I did that, he threw me off. I'll give it another try when I get home.

You have to make sure you HOLD the grab button and not tap it. Once you hold the button and you hold the Uruk in a locked grip, you can choose to stab him, drain him or interrogate him. Letting go of the grab button throws the Uruk away.

Now I know what happened and why I threw the last one off the cliff. Dunce

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 13, 2014, 11:11 Slashman

harlock wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 10:03:
Slashman wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 09:34:
InBlack wrote on Oct 13, 2014, 02:35:
Yeah gotta say the game is growing on me...the mechanics are simplistic and repetetive but there is fun to be had in the game once you start doing more of the side missions and just plain run around wreaking havoc.

Same here. Just got started and my only difficulty is finding out how to properly interrogate a worm. I keep accidentally killing them instead. It's a bit frustrating. Haven't done any of the main story missions...still running around the map.

you can grab a worm whenever, you dont have to beat them down

So I hit the grab button first then hit the interrogate button right? I could have sworn that the last time I did that, he threw me off. I'll give it another try when I get home.

1604 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo