Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1817 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers
4. Re: GeForce 960 Launched; New Dying Light GeForce Drivers Jan 22, 2015, 17:43 Slashman

Hmmm...upgrade time???? Maybe...

But my GTX 660 is working pretty well right now....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valiance Online Greenlit
2. Re: Valiance Online Greenlit Jan 21, 2015, 21:57 Slashman

I'm just gonna give them the benefit of the doubt with the 'pre-alpha angle.'  

News Comments > Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced
8. Re: Cross-Platform Windows 10 Fable Legends Announced Jan 21, 2015, 21:54 Slashman

Whoo-Hoo!! The Microsoft stupid continues!!!  

News Comments > Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter
9. Re: Steam Update Adds Broadcasting, FPS Counter Jan 20, 2015, 07:19 Slashman

This is a pretty decent feature by all accounts.

I'll have to give this a go at some point.

News Comments > H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology
34. Re: H1Z1 Airdrop Explanation/Apology Jan 18, 2015, 01:17 Slashman

Well it's Sony behind the wheel right?

More than likely the developers' hands are tied by contract and they can only nod in agreement with whatever crap the people paying the bills ask for.

I won't deny the scumminess of the move, but I can also understand if it wasn't their idea in the first place. Chances are, when you see something that makes no friggin' sense and there is a big publisher involved, the big publisher is the one behind it.

News Comments > Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: "Just Pirate It"
46. Re: Hotline Miami 2 Dev to Australians: Jan 16, 2015, 18:50 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 16:19:
Ozmodan wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 06:12:
Just stupid of the developer to include anything about rape in a game. Just shows that instead of just making a game that they are extremely insensitive to a very touchy subject. That would put the idiot label on them.

Yup, he should have just smashed her brains on the wall with a bat. Because everyone loves a good juicy murder, and no one is touchy about that at all.

That's always baffled me as well. You can survive a rape. A gunshot to the head at point blank range...unlikely. But one of those two things is A-OK in a video game and the other not at all.

It's highly insensitive and horrible to people who have been raped to portray that in a game, but it's not equally insensitive or horrible to people who have lost loved ones and family to acts of murder....

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
10. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 10:54 Slashman

The graphics weren't what you promised. The gameplay wasn't what you promised. The performance wasn't what you promised. Yep...you're the very picture of over-achiever.  

News Comments > CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts
2. Re: CITIES XXL Trailer; Preorders; Discounts Jan 16, 2015, 10:31 Slashman

I've wanted to get in on this series for a while but it seems like every version they release is buggy and boring.

It looks great though...

News Comments > Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations
7. Re: Ubisoft on Watch Dogs 2 Expectations Jan 16, 2015, 10:31 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 10:09:
Drayth wrote on Jan 16, 2015, 09:54:
"Transformers isn't a dumb movie series, everyone is just over-smart."

So many possibilities with this logic..

Hot damn! That never occured to me?! Now Im gonna have to rewatch those movies (kill me please!!)

The fact that you're re-watching them will do the job for you.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
29. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 16:50 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 14:48:
Slashman wrote on Jan 14, 2015, 13:27:
TOTAL WAR: STONE AGE!

Now with enhanced romance options: 1) Club
2) Smooth Rock
3) Drag by hair into cave kicking
and screaming

It's called Total War, not Total Sex Simulator.

Also, Chris Taylor tried to KS a stone age game. It tanked.

W-what? People wanted the family tree mechanics back in the TW series. I'm just proposing they add Stone Age marriage mechanics.

News Comments > Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed?
20. Re: Total War: WARHAMMER Accidentally Revealed? Jan 14, 2015, 13:27 Slashman

TOTAL WAR: STONE AGE!

Now with enhanced romance options: 1) Club
2) Smooth Rock
3) Drag by hair into cave kicking
and screaming

Research advanced weapons: Throwy things, stabby things or even throwy things that stab!

News Comments > Universal Combat Advanced Announced
12. Re: Universal Combat Advanced Announced Jan 13, 2015, 10:36 Slashman

"Our goal with "Universal Combat Advanced", the spiritual successor to our long running Battlecruiser series, is to retain all features, while completely overhauling the graphics engine, game world, assets (models, world, terrain, art) and audio engines. In other words, a modern graphics remake of a classic game."

So it sounds like the goal is to make it look pretty while keeping all the crap and drudgery that made it such a lemon in the first place. Sounds fun!!!!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status
26. Re: Elite: Dangerous Earns $21M; New Content Coming; OS X Beta Status Jan 10, 2015, 19:45 Slashman

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Jan 10, 2015, 19:40:
I played a bit in the beta.. and I know it's different in live, but from my experience and the comments I am seeing from the community..there's not much to do once you get a decently outfitted ship (and they can be gained quickly). Along with that, and I understand "hey man, it is space".. it's VERY empty and I felt alone.

The lack of interaction with others/NPCs has been such a sticking point, that the Star Citizen fans came out to the forums to say "please.. make sure we don't feel like we're alone"

Yeah the whining of Star Citizen fans fills me with concern. Rolleyes

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories
4. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Destocking Fuels F2P Theories Jan 9, 2015, 18:28 Slashman

SimplyMonk wrote on Jan 9, 2015, 18:10:
If they were smart they would of started F2P and incorporated some sort of modding/design market like Valve has going with Steamworks and DOTA2. Stick to your strengths.

Or maybe they could have not done this at all and saved a lot of time and money. Who the hell was asking for an Elder Scrolls MMO?

News Comments > Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot
8. Re: Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot Jan 7, 2015, 18:30 Slashman

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 15:00:
Slashman wrote on Jan 6, 2015, 22:14:
Why the hell would they turn a decent series like OMD into F2P garbage?

Will nothing be free of this F2P/P2W taint?

Robot Entertainment was one of my favourite devs too.

This post is pretty much hysteria.

Well I didn't know you were a mind reader too. Good for you.

Yeah. I generally think that F2P is extremely cruddy. So far I'm mostly right. Even according you.

I don't kow many many smaller devs that went into F2P and then went back to standard games. Maybe you can name me a few.

6. Re: Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot Jan 7, 2015, 14:46 Slashman

Beamer wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 11:10:

I disagree with everything you're saying, for a few reasons:

1) Yes, F2P often sucks. I honestly haven't even played any P2W games, but I have played some P2P ones, meaning that they hit the point that you literally can't do something, even fail, without either waiting upwards of a week or paying. But some companies do it right. If it's a company with a history of doing things well, why start panicking on forums and declaring them dead before you see anything at all? Why do games forums have so much endless hysteria?

It's interesting how these counter arguments all start with: 'Yeah F2P sucks most of the time.'

The reason F2P sucks most of the time is that it is hard to get the formula right. If it was, in fact, easy to get right, then we'd have a lot more well-done F2P games. As it turns out, we don't.

I have no idea where you're getting the hysteria vibe from. I'm not claiming that the developers are going under or whatever. I'm predicting that they won't bother to make another single player OMD if Unchained does well enough, which is the only thing I'm interested in from them.

2) Paul Hellquist is a huge name. Huge. But OMD:U is about to be released. Simple math means that he can't contribute much to it, but he's almost certainly getting a huuuuuuuge paycheck. They hired him for a project, and it isn't OMD:U. So, then, they have something very big planned, very very big, regardless of how OMD:U performs.

Since neither of us have any idea of what this supposed 'big thing' is, then I'm fine not assuming it's another OMD sequel.

4. Re: Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot Jan 7, 2015, 08:39 Slashman

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 06:16:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 02:55:
F2P and P2W are not synonymous. DotA2 is F2P and the only things you can buy are cosmetic items. As with all things, it's a matter of implementation.
Exactly. It comes down to the implementation, though admittedly Valve is about the only company to get it right.

So it's about implementation but most developers are crap at implementing it. That pretty much equates to the same thing.

I have no confidence that OMD 3 will ever get made. An F2P game from a small company doesn't leave a whole lot of room for separate development projects.

If we see an OMD 3, it will probably mean that Unchained failed. Selling trinkets, XP boosts and OP weapons for a game you already made is way easier than producing a new game. Once they get a taste of that easy money, I don't see them clamoring to make a better single player version of the multiplayer game they are milking for micro-transactions.

1. Re: Borderlands Creative Director Joins Robot Jan 6, 2015, 22:14 Slashman

Why the hell would they turn a decent series like OMD into F2P garbage?

Will nothing be free of this F2P/P2W taint?

Robot Entertainment was one of my favourite devs too.

News Comments > Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams
5. Re: Brian Reynolds' Alpha Centauri Shooter/RPG Dreams Jan 5, 2015, 18:27 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Jan 5, 2015, 17:55:
Actually just shot Levine a message on FB that we need a new Freedom Force so he should get to work on doing a KS for it!

You are so so so right! Nothing in the 40s though! Enough WW2 stuff. Set it in the 70s or 80s and keep going from there.

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
47. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 13:33 Slashman

Steele Johnson wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 13:25:
I heard it as "please keep us employed for the next 5 years because we all hate corporate bs". Part of me can relate to that, because top heavy management generally f's up every company and can slow the pace way down. But on the other hand, when you don't have anyone cracking the whip, there's risk it will never get done.

I think that sums up the problem with the corporate management system of big publishers. It isn't that sometimes a whip cracking is needed, most of the time the suits just don't know when and where it is needed.

1817 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo