Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1604 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
25. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 13:18 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 09:09:
I've loved the first OMD, so the second one was insta buy and I did not play it much. The multi tasking was killing it for me. The game was clearly made for coop play, but I didn't have anyone to play coop with, and in solo the game was more frustrating than fun.
This new OMD game seems even more MP focused so I have no interest in it at all.

I completed every stage in OMD2 solo with not a single Orc getting through the rifts. It just requires some thinking and bit of foresight.

I originally thought it required two people as well...but it really doesn't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 10, 2014, 19:51 Slashman

No no no no no no no no no no no...just...NO!!  

News Comments > Broforce Early Access
16. Re: Broforce Early Access Apr 8, 2014, 11:30 Slashman

Is this the perfect game? This just might be the perfect game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2014, 11:21 Slashman

.Drifter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 00:27:
Suppa7 wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 17:44:
Slashman wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:51:
Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

My apologies I was looking at the xbox version of S2. Still doesn't matter, Sanctum was a shitty tower defense clone cashing in on the dumb tasteless masses. (aka if you liked it, you are one of the dumb masses).

It's part of why metacritic scores are all over the place, the masses are asses.

Not sure I know of many other, if any, FPS tower defense games, so I don't necessarily know I'd call Sanctum a "clone" exactly.

Like I said earlier: Who actually needs facts when skewed and insulting opinions are so much easier to wallow in?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
10. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 11:18 Slashman

Eh...I'm OK with it.

I'm still waiting for reviews before I touch this with a 10 foot pole though. Tempting though it is...

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 12:51 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:04:
Sanctum was such shit, the user score was 4.5. The reality was the game devs behind Goat simulator just won the attention lottery is all. They were never great at anything, they were just trying to take advantage of trends and building shitty clones to cash in on the dumb masses.

The last thing the world needed was more tower defense.

Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 09:55 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 01:58:
I think he was talking about relative success. I don't think any of the Sanctum games ever made it into the top 10, let alone number 1. I wouldn't be surprised if Goat Simulator was already more profitable than all of the Sanctum games combined. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the devs were already working on a sequel. They surely weren't expecting the game to be this successful and it would be silly to ignore that success.

Maybe, but I really would prefer them not to throw away the stuff they are good at for something this silly. Even if they stick to it as a side project, I don't want them to throw the entire resources of the studio behind it and leave out everything else.

Guess we'll wait and see.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 00:52 Slashman

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 22:34:
Well the popularity may have been a happy accident for them, but Goat Simulator is absolutely a product of overblown social media hype, and if you missed that you've kind of been under a rock lately. Couple guys at the studio fool around for a month learning Unreal Engine and spoofing the simulator genre, and share the ludicrous result on YouTube to become a viral sensation. They get loads of people asking them to make it a full game, so they take a few months to add on to it (but also preserving many of the wacky bugs and glitches that made it so entertaining), and cash in on April Fools' Day. I'm glad it worked out for them, I guess, especially since their more serious attempts at game development have seen underwhelming success, but this is basically a PC version of Flappy Bird flash in the pan fad shit.

What exactly are you talking about? They made Sanctum and Sanctum 2. Sanctum 1 was successful enough to fund development of the sequel which has a 77 on Metacritic and was released on console as well.

A game doesn't need CoD numbers to be a success if it is profitable for the studio making it.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 15:21 Slashman

harlock wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 14:11:
Slashman wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 13:10:
o the Limit Theory video update

the game is looking really good, it seems like the first in a whole new level of space sim, which is excellent but also potentially a "1.0" type experience in other ways

also im seriously doubtful a mid-2014 release would be more than alpha at this point

not nearly enough focus on combat/loadouts/ships right now imo - also it basically seems entirely focused on economics .. ideally there should be much more military/invasion/research/transport/espionage type activity

Honestly I don't expect it to release until next year unless he wants alpha/beta feedback.

Looking at his dev logs, he seems to want to create a whole working framework before getting into too much detail. Since most stuff will be procedurally generated anyway, I think he's going to try to get the big picture stuff working and then leave most of the rest to the procedural engine. Not sure how it's all gonna work out, but I'm hopeful we'll see something brilliant from him. He seems like the genuine genius type.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 14:09 Slashman

Luke wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 13:46:
yet another top 10 of browser games....gz Book

What now...?

2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 13:10 Slashman

Hey Blue,

What happened to the Limit Theory video update link I sent in? Figured that was newsworthy.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance
3. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Storm of Vengeance Apr 3, 2014, 09:59 Slashman

I don't understand why they would do this.

Did this really need to happen?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Age of Wonders III Mar 31, 2014, 20:04 Slashman

GAH!!!! I just can't handle any more games right now!!! Sigh  

News Comments > Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans
16. Re: Star Citizen Hits $41M - Procedural Generation Plans Mar 31, 2014, 20:02 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:47:
deqer wrote on Mar 31, 2014, 19:43:
Randomly-generated land ruins the meaningfulness of said land, thus making the game boring(like a tedious meaningless repetitiveness grind) and lessens the feeling of accomplishment.

Just like randomly generated land made Minecraft boring, and randomly generated dungeons made Diablo and Rogue Legacy boring, and randomly generated guns made Borderlands boring.

Also, I believe the landscape of the earth is pretty randomly generated.

...but Earth itself is boring! Wacky

News Comments > Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access
39. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Early Access Mar 31, 2014, 01:43 Slashman

I'm pretty much with Jerykk on this one.

It's not obligatory to buy their early access offering and if it leads to a better game, then where is the harm?

My one early access gripe was GalCiv 3. I thought that too much was left out of the game for even the early access. But again, I'm not forced to buy it in that state.

There is more transparency with early access as well. You can see what the devs are doing and make suggestions at the point where things are easier to change than if the game was fully released.

The devs can make changes that invalidate savegames etc. without worrying that there will be massive backlash.

It's really not a bad thing overall.

News Comments > Game Reviews
3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 30, 2014, 19:31 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 30, 2014, 15:45:
Ugh no pre-load for AoW3 and it doesn't launch until noon EST. Granted it's only 6.5 gigs, still I want to fire it up NOW! Ugh, stupid devs! If they started this game one day earlier we'd be playing it right now!

Patience: The hardest virtue...

News Comments > Raven's Cry Delayed Again
8. Re: Raven's Cry Delayed Again Mar 29, 2014, 21:51 Slashman

HorrorScope wrote on Mar 29, 2014, 12:20:
I liked TW2. I am saddened this won't have full game coop. I figured since TW2 had a coop mode that they had the knowledge in hand to make a fully coop RPG. It would be a slightly poor-man's Coop Skyrim that some dream about. But I'm still interested to see how this one turns out. It was a young team that to me have improved on every release. I'm totally ok with companies like that, they may have had a rocky start.

Does every damn new game have to be co-op now? Some games are meant to be single player experiences. There isn't a shortage of co-op games.

I wish people would stop trying to tack it onto everything.

News Comments > Shadowrun Online Early Access Next Week
4. Re: Shadowrun Online Early Access Next Week Mar 28, 2014, 09:24 Slashman

Are these the exact same devs that made Shadowrun Returns?  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
19. Re: Into the Black Mar 28, 2014, 09:23 Slashman

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:33:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 22:14:
...so you're not smart enough to follow the logic that buying a space based RTS sight unseen from a developer that hasn't done a real space based 4X game in 8 years yet seems to be promising the moon is a bad idea?

And you don't see how that correlates to pre-order customer from SotS II, which also promised the moon, and how those same players were fucked royally for two years solid?

Oh, yeah, "Early Access"...except in every shitty "Early Access" titles, there are always the mouthpieces and white knights that plead "But it'll get better" and it so rarely does.

Since it's a completely different developer no it doesn't correlate. Unless you're trying to claim that somehow a different developer screwing up a game has eternally doomed an entire genre to the same fate?

SHHHHHH! I wanna sit back and enjoy his logic-free tirade a bit longer. Idiocy like that doesn't come along every day.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Early Access
3. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Early Access Mar 27, 2014, 20:33 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 27, 2014, 19:59:
At a $99 price point. No thanks, I remember SOTS II.

Which didn't have an Early Access program at all and wasn't made by the same company. So... Wtf

1604 Comments. 81 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo