Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1569 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead Feb 21, 2014, 12:37 Slashman

They always do turn based. The first one was and I have yet to play the second but I think it is as well.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:58 Slashman

So F2P in a few months after launch?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 11:34 Slashman

I'd like to formally request that all game developers stop releasing games until I at least clear up enough of my backlog to consider playing their game. Sweatdrop  

News Comments > PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey
3. Re: PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey Feb 19, 2014, 11:32 Slashman

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:26:
Uh-huh. I'll believe it when I see it. This is just more PC pandering while the 'next-gen' consoles work to get market share. Once that's done, all these supposed PC converts will all quickly suck console dick again.

Sad...but likely more true than not.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
14. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 11:31 Slashman

This just drives home the point that this tired formula for MMOs has run its course.

You can't keep churning out generic, made-for-derps-and-their-grandma, borefests and expect that people will be awe struck.

They all need to die. Seriously. when was the last time an MMO came out with either an innovative idea or truly brutal gameplay/rules?

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
17. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:24 Slashman

Why apologize for the inconvenience when they are refusing to help with it? What does telling someone that has a non-working game 'sorry' do if you are purposely leaving them out in the cold?

So classy...

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
4. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 Slashman

BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:10:
How widespread are the issues? I have had none playing on pc (with a controller, admittedly)

Answered your own question perhaps?

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
5. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 7, 2014, 10:53 Slashman

I'm in! This looks awesome. Just the kind of thing I'd sink long hours into.

I really like the first game and always wondered what these guys could do with more of a budget and a 3d engine.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
2. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 5, 2014, 18:44 Slashman

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 17:45:
Gotta hand it to David, rather than just talking about it, he is actually MAKING Elite 4 now.

In other news, Amazon.com reports that they've shipped a large supply of ice scrapers to various addresses in Hell.

Laugh

News Comments > Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released
69. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 16:37 Slashman

Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 16:30:
MajorD wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:56:
Quinn wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 11:53:
I hate Dishonored. Hate it. The protagnist; the story; the environment; even the graphics themselves -- all so very, very bland. Due to Dishonored, I now hate the entire setting and anything Tesla-inspired. Please don't let this be a Dishonored clone. Let the gameplay not be developed around killing stuff, while the game itself whispers in your ear you'd best play nice like that dumb shit of a game. There's so much wrong with Dishonored it all wants to come out at once.

Please. Not a Dishonored clone.

So, you didn't care for Dishonored?

Neh it was alright.
Shocked2

59. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 14:51 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 14:41:
I'm trying to be fair and impartial about this but it's really fucking hard.

The game or crucifying Jerykk?

51. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 13:27 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Feb 4, 2014, 12:32:
No, they complained that you couldn't talk to NPCs in the street and that the houses you could rob didn't have inhabitants. Basically, they were complaining that the game isn't Skyrim. You could never talk to random pedestrians in any Thief game and most of the random houses and apartments you could rob did not have inhabitants. Same applies to Dishonored. You could talk to random NPCs in Dishonored but it seemed pretty silly, considering you were a wanted fugitive wearing a creepy metal skull mask.

Jerykk, the guy detailed sneaking into a brothel then causing a commotion, running from guards and barging into a bedroom with a couple having sex and no reaction from them. They kept on going. They didn't yell or alert the guards.

It's more than not being able to talk to people. He's saying most people don't react to you unless they are guards no matter what weird stuff you do.

24. Re: Gone Gold - Thief; New Trailer Released Feb 4, 2014, 11:15 Slashman

Well I think it's kind of telling that PC GAMER gave this an unfavorable preview.

They mentioned that the world felt lifeless and actually stealing from people in the streets(when you could find some), brought no reaction.

Breaking into people's houses and causing a commotion never caused people to come looking for the source of the noise.

Basically, it seems to be a cruddy version of Dishonored. If PC Gamer is ragging on it, you know it can't be a good sign.

News Comments > Limit Theory Video
11. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 16:49 Slashman

jdreyer wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 15:01:
dj LiTh wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 14:10:
I backed 3 kickstarters, and this is by far the one i'm the most excited about (others being Eternity & ROAM)

I was backing Kickstarters left and right back when this was KS'd, but I missed it somehow. It's so impressive as basically a one man show (I think he outsourced the music). Josh is like another John Carmack. This will probably be early access this summer, but probably won't be "finished" until next year sometime.

In terms of the time frame, I think mid 2014 is also very optimistic. However, the way he is building the game is to get all the framework and background mechanics in place first, THEN add the necessary content.

His theory is that the game will come together very quickly once the underlying systems are done. Since he's so thorough about the back end stuff, I tend to think he could pull it off.

4. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 10:05 Slashman

InBlack wrote on Feb 3, 2014, 09:40:
Its so much easier when you are your own boss, and you take your work seriously. With that said, there is a lot of talent in the big companies out there, but like in every other large enterprise for every talented and hardworking coder, you get five latcher-on brownosers that ride on his coatails. Not to mention the egomaniacal bosses, execs, and assorted retards that make everyone's job a living hell and are responsible for the abysmally slow pace of most development companies.

Actually, when I first saw his kickstarter page and saw what he was proposing to do, I figured it was a scam and that he just wanted a quick 50K. I'm really sorry I didn't back it now. Wall2

Pretty funny when I think about this compared to X Rebirth. Wonder if that will get fixed before Limit Theory releases.

1. Re: Limit Theory Video Feb 3, 2014, 09:16 Slashman

If it hasn't already been said here, then I'll say it now:

This guy is awesome. I am constantly surprised by what he manages to accomplish by himself, when so many other developers with larger teams, budgets and more resources disappoint so frequently.

News Comments > EA Class Action Suit Plans
15. Re: EA Class Action Suit Plans Feb 1, 2014, 21:43 Slashman

As far as Sim City goes, I doubt it cost anywhere near what BF4 did in terms of development and marketing. It was a PC only title, afterall.

It only really made a splash in the PC gaming community.

News Comments > Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion
3. Re: Brad McQuaid/Richard Garriott Kickstarter Cross-Promotion Jan 31, 2014, 19:53 Slashman

Darks wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 18:33:
Shroud of the Avatar is an Absolut disappointment. This game is a is going to be another one on RG's resume as a failed attempt.

I haven't looked at it lately. What's wrong with it exactly?

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Jan 31, 2014, 13:12 Slashman

Task wrote on Jan 31, 2014, 13:08:
angry joe's review of ACM, a pile of a game, is the best thing eva :-D

+1

News Comments > Warlock 2 Trailer; Editor Plans; Livestream Today
4. Re: Warlock 2 Trailer; Editor Plans; Livestream Today Jan 30, 2014, 15:59 Slashman

Necrophob wrote on Jan 30, 2014, 13:46:
I sure hope this game isn't related to the Warlock movie from the 80's.

Dude...those movies are CLASSICS!!!

1569 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo