Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1432 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 6, 2013, 23:14 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 22:00:
Prez wrote on Oct 6, 2013, 20:38:
... It's more XCOM; what could possibly go wrong?

Goddammit! Why did you have to go and do that? No you jinxed it!

You know why Duke Nukem FOrever turned out disappointing don't you? Before it shipped someone said "It's more Duke Nukem; what could possibly go wrong?"

Eh, after ten+ years of hype, I think any game would turn out disappointing. DNF wasn't great but it's not nearly as bad as everyone claims. It was a 7/10.

Isn't that a bit generous? I have a friend who played it. He was a fan of the original. Thought it was maybe 5.5 - 6.

Was it really that enjoyable?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Sale
19. Re: On Sale Oct 5, 2013, 09:26 Slashman

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 06:58:
Jerykk wrote on Oct 5, 2013, 05:21:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 14:20:
Slashman wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 09:06:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:42:
nin wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:40:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:18:
InBlack wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 03:35:
Cant wait for Enemy within....ohhhh gimme that XCOM goodness....

Enemy Unknown was mediocre at best. It certainly wasn't worth full price.

Are you referring to the pc version, or the crappy ios game? Because yours is the first negative comment I've heard about the pc version. It wasn't perfect, and had its flaws, but people loved it.

PC version. And my comment wasn't necessarily negative, it just wasn't positive.

I payed full price and found the game to be very repetitive and easy (my 2 snipers were annihilating all aliens towards the end of the game). Had I gotten it at 50% off I may feel differently.

And you played on the hardest difficulty on Ironman right?

I'll hold off on believing you just breezed through the whole game losing no soldiers and no countries on your first playthrough.

No, I didn't. I played on Normal and would have happily went to hard if the first play through wasn't so incredibly repetitive.

You can't really complain about difficulty if you aren't playing on the highest difficulty.

This is Bluesnews. I can complain about anything I want.

Just because you love the game doesn't mean my opinion is invalid. It is damn repetitive and simple once you learn the underlying mechanics (which should happen very quickly). Increasing the difficulty will in no way resolve these combined issues.

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it's grounded in fact either.

Many people who liked the original Xcom also liked this remake. It sold well and was reviewed and regarded as a decent game. Not perfect, but decent.

It's mechanics aren't vastly different from the original Xcom. So unless you came in looking for a different type of game, I'm not sure what the issue is.

News Comments > On Sale
13. Re: On Sale Oct 4, 2013, 09:06 Slashman

Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:42:
nin wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:40:
Fibrocyte wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 08:18:
InBlack wrote on Oct 4, 2013, 03:35:
Cant wait for Enemy within....ohhhh gimme that XCOM goodness....

Enemy Unknown was mediocre at best. It certainly wasn't worth full price.

Are you referring to the pc version, or the crappy ios game? Because yours is the first negative comment I've heard about the pc version. It wasn't perfect, and had its flaws, but people loved it.

PC version. And my comment wasn't necessarily negative, it just wasn't positive.

I payed full price and found the game to be very repetitive and easy (my 2 snipers were annihilating all aliens towards the end of the game). Had I gotten it at 50% off I may feel differently.

And you played on the hardest difficulty on Ironman right?

I'll hold off on believing you just breezed through the whole game losing no soldiers and no countries on your first playthrough.

News Comments > Terraria 2 Plans
10. Re: Terraria 2 Plans Oct 4, 2013, 09:01 Slashman

Can we please have it be 3d this time?

I'm full up on retro 2d games. The prospect of a 3d Terraria is really appealing.

36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 30, 2013, 08:41 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:48:
nin wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 19:01:
Slashman wrote on Sep 29, 2013, 18:58:
No Shadow Warrior? Annoyed

I've been having a blast with it. The powers and sword fighting are pretty awesome. The new Lo Wang isn't half bad either.

Oh wow, you're right. That IS disappointing, as people seem generally positive about it.

For some reason, there's a distinct lack of coverage for the game. IGN, Gamespot, Kotaku, Destructoid, Eurogamer, GiantBomb and most of the major sites have yet to even review the game, which is extremely odd given that the game was released almost a week ago. I can only assume that Digital Devolver didn't send out any review copies.

Weird move on their part. The launch state of the game is pretty close to perfect. No real bugs that I can see. And on top of that it is a fun shooter with some decent humor and great visuals. I love the melee combat with the katana and the way the ki powers work.

It would be a shame if something so obvious as review copies caused sales to tank for the game.

News Comments > Shadow of the Eternals "On Hold"
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2013, 19:55 Slashman

But the new Shadow Warrior is actually pretty good...  

20. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 29, 2013, 18:58 Slashman

No Shadow Warrior? Annoyed

I've been having a blast with it. The powers and sword fighting are pretty awesome. The new Lo Wang isn't half bad either.

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month
5. Re: SpellForce 2 - Demons Of The Past Next Month Sep 21, 2013, 20:20 Slashman

Ludomancer wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 08:52:
Who the fuck invented the term "stand alone add-on", and how is that even possible?

Morons did, and it is not...

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3
6. Re: Total War: ROME II Beta Patch 3 Sep 21, 2013, 09:55 Slashman

Mikus_Aurelius wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 09:16:
Numinar wrote on Sep 21, 2013, 08:22:
For the real time battles MYTH:The fallen Lords did this best. Have the main general distribute the units available to all participating players whether they had a general present or not. This would allow for a lot more flexibility and control over your units and be fun times. Maybe it does this already? I have a vague feeling in Shogun I was able to participate in my partners battles even if I had no units.

It did this in Shogun (2). My wife has no taste for blood so she always wanted the archers. I took the melee units.

Because arrows don't make you bleed??

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Trailer
18. Re: Elite: Dangerous Trailer Sep 15, 2013, 23:27 Slashman

Optional Nickname! wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 21:32:
The original Elite was never 'about' graphics other than dots and lines.

This visual extravaganza masquerading as Elite seems to intrude into Star Citizen space, where it cannot hope to compete.

I hope the gameplay is classic Elite or call it something, anything else.

So you want them to make a 3d wireframe graphics game so you can reminisce about the good old C64 days?

Why would they not make the game look good? Space sims are some of the easiest games to make great graphics for. It's mostly empty space to render.

I'm looking forward to what they show about gameplay too but wireframe graphics never really entered my mind.

News Comments > Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development
9. Re: Derek Paxton Overseeing All Stardock Development Sep 10, 2013, 10:33 Slashman

Yakubs wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 08:44:
Zetler wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 00:12:
I have to give them credit when credit is due. Its extremely rare in the gaming industry, but they rescued Elemental Enchantress out of the gutter and turned into one of the best fantasy RPG, and to give it away for free to the owners of the original is totally class act.

Keep up the good work.

Best fantasy RPG? So many things wrong in just a three-word phrase, it's kind of mind-boggling. Only the word "fantasy" applies to what they've done with Elemental. It's not "best" of anything and it's not an RPG.

Yeah, I was under the impression that it was a fantasy 4x game. RPG elements maybe...but that's about it.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't
66. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers was F2P; Homeworld: Shipbreakers Isn't Sep 9, 2013, 20:22 Slashman

What is it with the double helping of Shadow Warrior coupons from Steam?  

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
18. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 8, 2013, 23:00 Slashman

MattyC wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 03:21:
Slashman wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 18:59:
The real culprits now are Blizzard and EA.

The people who still keep servers going for titles they released in the mid 90s? Really?

The people who require always online for single player games.

Diablo 2 is fully playable offline. Kill your net connection and try firing up D3 or the new Sim City.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 8, 2013, 11:07 Slashman

Dev wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:54:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 10:30:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 8, 2013, 09:49:
Week 3 no Skyrim. The world is a darker place....

Well, I am fairly sure every human being on earth has a copy of Skyrim at this point.
I finally broke down and got it I think at $15 or $20. Then I had to wait for the DLC to go on sale. No idea why they didn't make more DLC for it, its like printing gold I bet.

Not sure they could do anything else that mods haven't covered. Plus there is the fact that PS3 apparently can't handle the game well so making DLC for it(which I think they HAVE to do if they make it for everyone else) would likely not be pleasant or easy.

News Comments > BattleForge Closing After Next Month
8. Re: BattleForge Closing After Next Month Sep 7, 2013, 18:59 Slashman

PropheT wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 13:00:
NKD wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 11:55:
How many truly fantastic games are forever gone because they required an online infrastructure which was shut down? I can't think of even one off the top of my head. Maybe with more thought...

City of Heroes.

I'm having trouble thinking of another one, though I expect Warhammer Online is on the chopping block before too long here (and I don't know how many people would agree with me that it was great).

Yeah but that was an MMO. There is no way that an MMO will go on forever. Although in the case of City of Heroes, that shutdown was just plain old stupidity and greed at work.

Its when single player games start becoming unplayable without an online server that I'm going to be truly worried. And even Ubisoft have stepped back from that. The real culprits now are Blizzard and EA.

News Comments > Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer
5. Re: Wangtastic Shadow Warrior Trailer Sep 7, 2013, 14:17 Slashman

I preordered. Something I rarely ever do but...

I got a 10% off coupon in my Steam inventory for some reason. Plus the game had a small preorder discount. then I had some spare cash in my Steam wallet from the crazy people who actually collect Steam trading cards.

Ended up paying under $26. That's not a bad pre-order price. Flying Wild Hog are pretty trustworthy devs.

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Early Access
6. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Early Access Sep 7, 2013, 09:17 Slashman

Darks wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 01:34:
Tired of games like this that come out and offer no Coop. Wasted opportunity!!

I'm tired of the shallow mindset that multiplayer is the only thing that makes a game worthwhile.

I'm always happy when a developer has enough self-control not to put themselves in over their heads. Trying to add a component that doesn't mesh well with their games just so they can tick a co-op or multiplayer checkbox, is stupid.

News Comments > HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers
30. Re: HARDWARE: Shipbreakers Becomes Homeworld: Shipbreakers Sep 3, 2013, 10:30 Slashman

In general, when someone walks into a dev studio's office with a wheelbarrow full of cash, that dev studio is going to do what that person wants.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 28, 2013, 14:39 Slashman

Brings a whole new meaning to 'game balance'.  

News Comments > Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty
2. Re: Quoteworthy: Activision on Annual Calls of Duty Aug 28, 2013, 08:46 Slashman

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 08:42:
"The cadence of the releases seems to have found a nice equilibrium with people's appetite,"

IE "people keep buying this shit, so it keeps coming out." Kinda hard to argue with that...

It is indeed. Yay for shallow entertainment for the unwashed masses!!

1432 Comments. 72 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo