Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1817 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Apr 15, 2015, 09:02 Slashman

I hate you Shade of Naxxramss!!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
23. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 11, 2015, 23:52 Slashman

Retrovirus is a very good 6Dof shooter with a single player campaign. How come no one mentions that?

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2
10. Re: Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2 Apr 10, 2015, 13:31 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 12:23:
Slashman wrote on Apr 10, 2015, 11:23:
As much as I'm looking forward to playing Stardrive 2, I feel I have to plug Star Ruler 2 here.

I highly recommend anyone interested in 4x games to check out Star Ruler 2. Those guys deserve some publicity and support.

From what I have seen of Star Ruler 2, the interface seems very...busy. Can you confirm?

I haven't found it to be so. It is very intuitively laid out.

The interface uses a tabbed system like a web browser. You can switch between galaxy, diplomacy, designs (ship), research and open additional tabs. If you double click on a planet, that opens in a new tab. There is a limit to how many tabs can be open at once though so it will close the least used ones as you go. You can click the button on the right side of the rightmost tab to open a new window with a choice of additional tabs to open as well...exactly like a web browser.

The galaxy interface is pretty clean. There are alert along the top right side which descend in a column. Each set of alerts can be minimized or turned off altogether by clicking the small '...' button on the bottom. There are about 19 toggle-able categories in all.

Screenshot

Note in the screenshot that I have the menu open for selecting which alerts are visible. You can see some alerts are open and some are minimized. Most alerts which have no events don't appear even if toggled on.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2
8. Re: Steamship Ahoy - StarDrive 2 Apr 10, 2015, 11:23 Slashman

As much as I'm looking forward to playing Stardrive 2, I feel I have to plug Star Ruler 2 here.

Star Ruler 2 is one of the best RTS 4x games I have played. It's currently way higher on my list than Sins of a Solar Empire.

It has great empire management, a great ship design system and one of the best diplomacy systems I have seen in a 4x. the UI and interface is also one of the best I have seen to date.

I highly recommend anyone interested in 4x games to check out Star Ruler 2. Those guys deserve some publicity and support.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours
2. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Speedrun ~25 Hours Apr 10, 2015, 11:11 Slashman

Why anyone would even WANT to do a speedrun on an RPG is beyond me.

This comment was edited on Apr 10, 2015, 11:43.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 5, 2015, 14:05 Slashman

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 12:57:
Hope you all have 70 Gigs of HD space and a week to download.

Wouldn't take me a week with a 20 Meg connection. Not that I plan to buy it right now. But it still wouldn't take me anywhere near a week.

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow
9. Re: Pillars of Eternity Patch Notes; Patch May Come Tomorrow Apr 2, 2015, 18:32 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 18:05:
mag wrote on Apr 2, 2015, 17:05:
That's pretty substantive for one week after release! They've been working hard.

They work hard for the money? So hard for it, honey?

Donna Summer references might just gain you an internet. Cool

News Comments > Evening Previews
25. Re: Evening Previews Apr 1, 2015, 12:24 Slashman

Ozmodan wrote on Apr 1, 2015, 06:25:
Wired should look at what some of these developers are putting out games these days. Buggy code is the norm now, which may or may not ever get fixed. At least Chris Roberts is not releasing it as finished code which most of them do.

How is that even relevant?

The fact that the modules released are buggy and labeled as alpha is not an accomplishment or something that needs to be praised.

What Egosoft did with X Rebirth is not something that automatically elevates other developers who do what most people think they should be doing anyway: Releasing finished games.

This is about the fact that the goalposts for this game keep moving. From something that was reasonable and desired, to something that is so gargantuan, that you wonder how they will ever be able to stitch it together and keep it from falling apart.

We went from single player campaign with online persistent servers (optional) to massive MMO with so many parts it is insane.

News Comments > Evening Previews
7. Re: Evening Previews Mar 31, 2015, 22:03 Slashman

Dagnamit wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:58:
PropheT wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 21:09:
The average Star Citizen backer has contributed $96.

WTF

$150 here. Don't regret it, will probably buy more.

For the record, Chris Roberts IS a snake-oil salesman, but his snake-oil is so damn good. I simply can't help myself. Foolish? Absolutely. Loving it? Every fucking minute.

Riiiight... Deal

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Son of Nor
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Son of Nor Mar 31, 2015, 21:36 Slashman

Wow. Forgot that I picked this up in early access. gonna give it a try and see how it goes. These guys have brought the game along really well.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length
29. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Length Mar 31, 2015, 15:15 Slashman

Chromius wrote on Mar 31, 2015, 15:10:
I have a free copy of Witcher 3 coming from buying a new EVGA GTX 970 SC FTW+

Is it worth playing Witcher 1 enhanced and Witcher 2 for the story, I usually avoid the console port to PC hack n slash types but the Witcher 3 has me interested in it.

Well first, none of the Witcher games are console ports or hack n slash games.

Second, the story in The Witcher 1 is loosely related to the story in 2 but the story in 2 is much more to do with the story in 3. 2 and 3 will have much similar gameplay but 1 was something quite different. They all have good stories, but none really REQUIRE each other to enjoy.

News Comments > Star Citizen at $77M
29. Re: Star Citizen at $77M Mar 30, 2015, 12:57 Slashman

ForgedReality wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:45:
The fact that this is so astronomically funded just serves to highlight one of humanity's greatest fallacies: more money = better product. There is no way in hell this is going to be a $77,000,000 game. There's no fucking possible way to spend that much money usefully. There is a law of diminishing returns, and there is only so much creativity and talent you can put into something. At best, it will be over-engineered just because they had money they had to spend, so it will turn into a gaudy, convoluted mess.

Also, just look at Apple. Their products are incredibly overpriced and full of flaws. They offer one of the worst user experiences you can buy. But people still buy that shit, despite its horrible cost of entry. Their profit margins are ridiculous. People turn to brainwashed sheep and buy Apple garbage because Apple can do no wrong. The same mentality is happening here with Star Citizen. I hope it flops.

I'm with you on this one. And even if this game DID cost 77 million to make, I don't think there is any way in hell it can deliver the kind of experience that most people believe it will deliver based on that money.

If they launch the single player campaign and it is decent, I'll consider picking it up then. Certainly not before and certainly not going to spend hundreds or thousands on ships...that's just nuts.

News Comments > DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features
11. Re: DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round PC Launch Missing Features Mar 30, 2015, 12:48 Slashman

DukeFNukem wrote on Mar 30, 2015, 12:03:
" Online gameplay is planned to be added at a later date."

I plan to purchase this game...at a later date...when it's actually finished.

You planned more than me...that's for sure.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2
5. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2 Mar 29, 2015, 10:04 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:54:
Slashman wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 09:17:
Or how those other space 4x games made successful modern MOOs? Oh wait...

No one has yet. So still waiting...

Check out Lord of Rigel. Those guys think they can make a new MOO too. Rolleyes

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2
3. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Star Ruler 2 Mar 29, 2015, 09:17 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on Mar 29, 2015, 00:57:
Just give me a modern MOO. Not some half-assed knockoff or "inspired by" thing.

You mean like how those guys who made Worlds of Magic managed to make a modern Master of Magic that didn't suck? Oh wait...

Or how those other space 4x games made successful modern MOOs? Oh wait...

Star Ruler 2 is a decent game and a real time 4x RTS. I don't think they were ever going for MOO. And honestly, that kind of thing is as about as feasible as making a new WoW.

People just need to make a decent 4x game with their own innovations and designs. Star Ruler 2 is just that. I wish more people would follow suit. MOO is still there for everyone to play.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released
3. Re: Gone Gold - Dungeons 2; Specs Released Mar 25, 2015, 15:27 Slashman

ItBurn wrote on Mar 25, 2015, 11:23:
To me, if there's no first person view, there's not much interest.

Ummm. OK. Dizzy

News Comments > Dungeons 2 Pre-Purchases
5. Re: Dungeons 2 Pre-Purchases Mar 24, 2015, 15:01 Slashman

El Presidente's work is never done.  

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
79. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 23, 2015, 10:35 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2015, 00:02:
saluk wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 15:48:
Got to love the community at blues that in a report that contains such hyperbole as "most exciting and overwhelming experiences I have experienced in my 33 years gaming life" that everyone jumps on "controller felt superior to playing with a mouse".

Don't y'all ever tire of being so predictable?

Well why are you here if hate PC games and PC gamers so much? Plenty of console sites out there. So bye!

Exactly my thoughts. Why hang around a place you find so predictably bad? Why even bother to comment?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 14:18 Slashman

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:36:
City building games are so lame. Call me when you can kill all the people and add nuclear weapons. Its right up there with the Sims.

Anno 2070 kind of fills this niche. Lots of war ships and nuclear subs even. I'm actually playing it right now.

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed
70. Re: The Witcher 3 Day One Patch & Other Details Revealed Mar 22, 2015, 14:06 Slashman

harlock wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:02:
Ozmodan wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 11:34:
I don't know, could it be that people enjoy a better experience using the keyboard mouse? Button mashing with the controller gets old fast IMO and if directional buttons come into play, good luck with that.

theres quite a difference between having a simple preference, and the frantic display in the comments below - thats what im talking about.. the same as Jeryk - the freak outs

i dont care what controls you prefer.. thats not the issue - its the outbursts and "FUCKING CONSOLES!!!" bullshit... its retarded

thats my opinion, so it should please you to see it

You seem to be the one having more problems and outbursts than anyone else. Just as some people like some things, people also dislike some things. Sometmes those things are consoles and gamepads. If they don't want to buy a game because it is 'best played' with those things', why are you upset about it? If they miss out, they miss out. They can always relent and buy it later.

Forums are for people to state opinions and debate them. If you disagree with something, maybe you should just take a leaf from Jeryk's book like you noted, and present a decent counter argument.

1817 Comments. 91 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo