Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1555 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
39. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 21:39 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 21:32:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 21:23:
Want to form a clan and dominate the scum?

Hell no, I'm not putting my money anywhere near this thing!

Seriously, I don't agree with the more pessimistic predictions and I think questioning Chris Roberts' integrity is uncalled for. However, I'm not going to buy it until there's a game because although I've no reason to believe they're doing anything but trying to make the best game they can, that doesn't mean it will be particularly good.

Dude, don't be like that. I mean look how X Rebirth turned out...oh wait!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Endless Legend Early Access
4. Re: Endless Legend Early Access Apr 25, 2014, 14:46 Slashman

deqer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:27:
I dunno about this. Like, I just don't know. What if ... hmm, I don't know. You know?

PSSST!! Hey. I heard that it's OK to wait til it's done. You know...if you're thinkin' about buyin'. Shifty

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Domain Registered
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Domain Registered Apr 24, 2014, 20:07 Slashman

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!!!  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
37. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 17:35 Slashman

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 17:06:
Desalus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 16:50:
From what I've seen (30 minute vid of gameplay) and read, the game will exceed the quality and gameplay of the first Dragon Age.

Ima bookmark this for later...

Same here...

22. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 13:53 Slashman

Blackhawk wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:38:
Slashman wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 12:24:
I think my biggest annoyance with DA right now is how the end of DA1 had all these implications for the future of the world and none of that got explored in 2.

It's like: 'Hey, I may have helped create a new demon/dragon god baby that will sweep the earth under the tutelage of his mother!'

'No biggie...'

The problem is that doing so would create a completely different outcry.

Not everyone made a god baby. For them to use that as canon, they'd have to invalidate every other ending.

I used the words 'may have'. Other people had different endings. Every ending stopped the invasion. The point here is that unlike the ME series, there was no continuity for your character, and worse, no follow on from the good things in one. They even changed some of the characters for the worse, like Flemeth.

People were invested in the Dragon Age story. There was so much to discover about the nature of the invasions/wardens that was left untold and a hell of a lot more that could have been done. As much as some people crapped all over ME2, it had more of a feel of a sequel than DA2 ever did.

9. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 12:24 Slashman

I think my biggest annoyance with DA right now is how the end of DA1 had all these implications for the future of the world and none of that got explored in 2.

It's like: 'Hey, I may have helped create a new demon/dragon god baby that will sweep the earth under the tutelage of his mother!'

'No biggie...'

2. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 11:42 Slashman

That's the thing with me too. After 2, I don't know if I want to have another go at Dragon Age, good game or not.

Plus there's the fact that Origin is going to be a requirement. That's a deal breaker all by itself.

I'm just gonna wait for Witcher 3.

News Comments > Risen 3: Titan Lords Trailer
4. Re: Risen 3: Titan Lords Trailer Apr 18, 2014, 01:01 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Apr 17, 2014, 23:01:
Shame that they're discarding the pirate setting in favor of a more generic fantasy setting. I thought Risen 2 did a great job with the pirate stuff.

You seem to be in a minority on that front. Doesn't seem like most folks liked it.

News Comments > Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock
18. Re: Frontier Gains Elite Rights; Braben to Sell Frontier Stock Apr 17, 2014, 16:04 Slashman

Does this mean we're getting wireframe graphics back? Cause you know nothing rocks like wireframe!  

News Comments > 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners
22. Re: 37% of Steam Games Never Loaded by Owners Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 Slashman

Prez wrote on Apr 16, 2014, 09:39:
That's probably close to my personal percentage actually. I'll get to them evetually.

HA!!

News Comments > Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M
7. Re: Star Citizen Crowdfunding Hits $42M Apr 15, 2014, 10:13 Slashman

I have no idea what to even say about this anymore.

It's beyond ridiculous. And past the point of unbelievable.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
25. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 11, 2014, 13:18 Slashman

SpectralMeat wrote on Apr 11, 2014, 09:09:
I've loved the first OMD, so the second one was insta buy and I did not play it much. The multi tasking was killing it for me. The game was clearly made for coop play, but I didn't have anyone to play coop with, and in solo the game was more frustrating than fun.
This new OMD game seems even more MP focused so I have no interest in it at all.

I completed every stage in OMD2 solo with not a single Orc getting through the rifts. It just requires some thinking and bit of foresight.

I originally thought it required two people as well...but it really doesn't.

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed
6. Re: Orcs Must Die! Unchained Revealed Apr 10, 2014, 19:51 Slashman

No no no no no no no no no no no...just...NO!!  

News Comments > Broforce Early Access
16. Re: Broforce Early Access Apr 8, 2014, 11:30 Slashman

Is this the perfect game? This just might be the perfect game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
35. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 8, 2014, 11:21 Slashman

.Drifter wrote on Apr 8, 2014, 00:27:
Suppa7 wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 17:44:
Slashman wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 12:51:
Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

My apologies I was looking at the xbox version of S2. Still doesn't matter, Sanctum was a shitty tower defense clone cashing in on the dumb tasteless masses. (aka if you liked it, you are one of the dumb masses).

It's part of why metacritic scores are all over the place, the masses are asses.

Not sure I know of many other, if any, FPS tower defense games, so I don't necessarily know I'd call Sanctum a "clone" exactly.

Like I said earlier: Who actually needs facts when skewed and insulting opinions are so much easier to wallow in?

News Comments > Watch Dogs Requires Uplay
10. Re: Watch Dogs Requires Uplay Apr 8, 2014, 11:18 Slashman

Eh...I'm OK with it.

I'm still waiting for reviews before I touch this with a 10 foot pole though. Tempting though it is...

29. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 12:51 Slashman

Suppa7 wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 10:04:
Sanctum was such shit, the user score was 4.5. The reality was the game devs behind Goat simulator just won the attention lottery is all. They were never great at anything, they were just trying to take advantage of trends and building shitty clones to cash in on the dumb masses.

The last thing the world needed was more tower defense.

Sanctum was a 70 on metacritic with a user score of 6.7. Sanctum 2 is a 77 with a user score of 7.6. Who the hell needs facts these days?

27. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 09:55 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on Apr 7, 2014, 01:58:
I think he was talking about relative success. I don't think any of the Sanctum games ever made it into the top 10, let alone number 1. I wouldn't be surprised if Goat Simulator was already more profitable than all of the Sanctum games combined. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the devs were already working on a sequel. They surely weren't expecting the game to be this successful and it would be silly to ignore that success.

Maybe, but I really would prefer them not to throw away the stuff they are good at for something this silly. Even if they stick to it as a side project, I don't want them to throw the entire resources of the studio behind it and leave out everything else.

Guess we'll wait and see.

23. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2014, 00:52 Slashman

jacobvandy wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 22:34:
Well the popularity may have been a happy accident for them, but Goat Simulator is absolutely a product of overblown social media hype, and if you missed that you've kind of been under a rock lately. Couple guys at the studio fool around for a month learning Unreal Engine and spoofing the simulator genre, and share the ludicrous result on YouTube to become a viral sensation. They get loads of people asking them to make it a full game, so they take a few months to add on to it (but also preserving many of the wacky bugs and glitches that made it so entertaining), and cash in on April Fools' Day. I'm glad it worked out for them, I guess, especially since their more serious attempts at game development have seen underwhelming success, but this is basically a PC version of Flappy Bird flash in the pan fad shit.

What exactly are you talking about? They made Sanctum and Sanctum 2. Sanctum 1 was successful enough to fund development of the sequel which has a 77 on Metacritic and was released on console as well.

A game doesn't need CoD numbers to be a success if it is profitable for the studio making it.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 6, 2014, 15:21 Slashman

harlock wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 14:11:
Slashman wrote on Apr 6, 2014, 13:10:
o the Limit Theory video update

the game is looking really good, it seems like the first in a whole new level of space sim, which is excellent but also potentially a "1.0" type experience in other ways

also im seriously doubtful a mid-2014 release would be more than alpha at this point

not nearly enough focus on combat/loadouts/ships right now imo - also it basically seems entirely focused on economics .. ideally there should be much more military/invasion/research/transport/espionage type activity

Honestly I don't expect it to release until next year unless he wants alpha/beta feedback.

Looking at his dev logs, he seems to want to create a whole working framework before getting into too much detail. Since most stuff will be procedurally generated anyway, I think he's going to try to get the big picture stuff working and then leave most of the rest to the procedural engine. Not sure how it's all gonna work out, but I'm hopeful we'll see something brilliant from him. He seems like the genuine genius type.

1555 Comments. 78 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo