Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1569 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
16. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 11:46 Slashman

Creston wrote on May 20, 2014, 11:25:
Frags4Fun wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:40:
Does anyone know if they improved performance yet? Last I checked, I was getting approximately 30 fps with GTX 680s in SLI.

There have been some performance improvements, but they've been rather minor, unfortunately.

There is a mod that cuts the amount of NPC ships by 75%, which makes your FPS go up by like 30, though.

Yeah...the mass traffic removal mod. Removes the clutter of small ships around stations that don't do anything(which they explicitly said took part in the in-game economy).

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > X Rebirth 2.0 Released
11. Re: X Rebirth 2.0 Released May 20, 2014, 10:01 Slashman

Quboid wrote on May 20, 2014, 09:43:
I'm glad this hasn't been abandoned. I can imagine buying it when version 4.0's release coincides with an 80% off sale.

That's the only way I'm going to buy it for sure. Still only one ugly-ass ship and no proper fleet commands. No aesthetic customization options. Crappy upgrade choices for said ship and nothing even remotely resembling late game objectives or challenges. Nothing worth exploring the universe for.

Still cannot purchase smaller ships. No free look. No external views. No freaking turrets for a supposed corvette-sized ship. No ability to properly command from the deck of a capital ship.

The game needs a LOT more work and Egosoft should have known/done a lot better than they did.

P.S. Oh did I mention a UI designed to work with a gamepad which still doesn't work all that well with a gamepad?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
46. Re: Steam Top 10 May 19, 2014, 11:54 Slashman

I'm keeping my eye on Starforge. I can't take the look of Minecraft. I just don't know why Notch hasn't made a Minecraft 2 that looks 10x better. He has more than enough money by now.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month
26. Re: Star Citizen Arena Commander This Month May 18, 2014, 01:18 Slashman

Prez wrote on May 17, 2014, 23:27:
I haven't put so much as a penny towards this yet, so it isn't MY 50 million bucks. I'll put 40 bucks out if and when the thing ships and isn't a complete train wreck. If that makes me an ex-star wars geek wannabe who has never had sex then okay. Kinda wondering where my son and daughter came from though...

The Stork?!?!? Idea

News Comments > Transistor Launch Trailer
5. Re: Transistor Launch Trailer May 17, 2014, 19:50 Slashman

Is that a trailer with actual gameplay in it??? What is the world coming to???  

News Comments > Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition
35. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 14, 2014, 15:06 Slashman

nin wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:44:
Slashman wrote on May 13, 2014, 21:41:
Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:45:
jomisab wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:11:
I would just like a game that's as good as DA1, thanks.

So not good at all then? That's easily done.

You're in the minority on that one Cutter. DA 2, on the other hand, was the real let down.

DA1 was the last good thing bioware did...

And yet DA 2 sold a lot worse...

10. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 13, 2014, 21:41 Slashman

Cutter wrote on May 13, 2014, 20:45:

So not good at all then? That's easily done.

You're in the minority on that one Cutter. DA 2, on the other hand, was the real let down.

3. Re: Dragon Age Inquisition Inquisitor's Edition May 13, 2014, 20:26 Slashman

That makes most of us...

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed May 13, 2014, 13:29 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on May 13, 2014, 13:12:
It didn't help that I was really hyped for that.... it taught me a valuable lesson. Now I only buy stuff I absolutely want to play

May not be any consolation but there were a bunch of other people who got fooled by their pre-release promises and videos. No company is above this kind of thing it seems.

I do not pre-order stuff any more unless I know for sure what I'm getting. And even then...most games are not high enough priority that I can't wait for it to be out for a while and get some patches under its belt.

I must say I was pretty happy with Shadow Warrior and XCOM: Enemy Unknown though.

News Comments > Risen 3: Titan Lords in August
4. Re: Risen 3: Titan Lords in August May 8, 2014, 01:01 Slashman

PUBLISHER BOARD MEETING

Voice 1: Well ladies and gentlemen, we have a fair bit of extra money in the Titan Lords' budget. What say we funnel it to the dev team so we can deliver an even more polished experience?

*SILENCE*

*SILENCE*

*SILENCE*

*Cacophonus laughter erupts throughout the boardroom*

Voice 2 through tears of laughter: You really had us going there for a minute buddy. Hahaha! OK...who does our CGI trailers again? Yeah, call those guys.

News Comments > Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack
7. Re: Transistor Preorders, Specs, & Soundtrack May 7, 2014, 13:28 Slashman

It's from the guys who made Bastion so I'm figuring that it should be more than decent.  

News Comments > Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible
5. Re: Towns Dev Leaving; Towns 2 Possible May 7, 2014, 10:23 Slashman

Here is what I don't get. The game was Early Access, not released as finished. Early Access, as far as I know, is not meant to fund development of the game as its primary purpose, but to involve the community in the development process for bug testing and feedback on features so that the final release is in decent shape.

Dwindling sales would only have an effect on your developing the game if that game was never properly funded for development in the first place. That's why people do kickstarters first to fund the development costs of the game and then do early access after to deliver the best version of the game possible.

So Towns was basically a cash grab/scam with no proper development budget. Awesome.

The only early access game I ever bought was Starforge. I have yet to install it but they are delivering decent updates on an almost monthly basis.

News Comments > Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds
26. Re: Valve Offering Earth: Year 2066 Refunds May 6, 2014, 15:02 Slashman

PHJF wrote on May 6, 2014, 14:51:
ForgedReality wrote on May 6, 2014, 10:45:
Quboid wrote on May 6, 2014, 10:17:
...by it's nature...

"It's" is ALWAYS a contraction for "it is" (or, less common, "it has").

The More You Know...

XD

Thanks to my sister, I've been ordering "brush-etta" from Italian restaurants for years. YEARS. A waiter just last weekend finally had the gaul to respond, "bruh-sketta?"

My whole life is wrong.

You should lock yourself away in a dank dungeon for years to come as payment for your transgression!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2014, 13:06 Slashman

{PH}88fingers wrote on May 4, 2014, 13:03:
how long has DayZ been #1 now? seems like looong

Nowhere near as long as Skyrim's run. That's for sure...

News Comments > Star Citizen "Coming Together"
39. Re: Star Citizen Apr 26, 2014, 21:39 Slashman

Quboid wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 21:32:
[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 26, 2014, 21:23:
Want to form a clan and dominate the scum?

Hell no, I'm not putting my money anywhere near this thing!

Seriously, I don't agree with the more pessimistic predictions and I think questioning Chris Roberts' integrity is uncalled for. However, I'm not going to buy it until there's a game because although I've no reason to believe they're doing anything but trying to make the best game they can, that doesn't mean it will be particularly good.

Dude, don't be like that. I mean look how X Rebirth turned out...oh wait!

News Comments > Endless Legend Early Access
4. Re: Endless Legend Early Access Apr 25, 2014, 14:46 Slashman

deqer wrote on Apr 25, 2014, 14:27:
I dunno about this. Like, I just don't know. What if ... hmm, I don't know. You know?

PSSST!! Hey. I heard that it's OK to wait til it's done. You know...if you're thinkin' about buyin'. Shifty

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Domain Registered
5. Re: Just Cause 3 Domain Registered Apr 24, 2014, 20:07 Slashman

OHHHHHH YEAHHHHHH!!!!!  

News Comments > Next Dragon Age Begins in October
37. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 17:35 Slashman

nin wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 17:06:
Desalus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 16:50:
From what I've seen (30 minute vid of gameplay) and read, the game will exceed the quality and gameplay of the first Dragon Age.

Ima bookmark this for later...

Same here...

22. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 13:53 Slashman

Blackhawk wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:38:
Slashman wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 12:24:
I think my biggest annoyance with DA right now is how the end of DA1 had all these implications for the future of the world and none of that got explored in 2.

It's like: 'Hey, I may have helped create a new demon/dragon god baby that will sweep the earth under the tutelage of his mother!'

'No biggie...'

The problem is that doing so would create a completely different outcry.

Not everyone made a god baby. For them to use that as canon, they'd have to invalidate every other ending.

I used the words 'may have'. Other people had different endings. Every ending stopped the invasion. The point here is that unlike the ME series, there was no continuity for your character, and worse, no follow on from the good things in one. They even changed some of the characters for the worse, like Flemeth.

People were invested in the Dragon Age story. There was so much to discover about the nature of the invasions/wardens that was left untold and a hell of a lot more that could have been done. As much as some people crapped all over ME2, it had more of a feel of a sequel than DA2 ever did.

9. Re: Next Dragon Age Begins in October Apr 22, 2014, 12:24 Slashman

I think my biggest annoyance with DA right now is how the end of DA1 had all these implications for the future of the world and none of that got explored in 2.

It's like: 'Hey, I may have helped create a new demon/dragon god baby that will sweep the earth under the tutelage of his mother!'

'No biggie...'

1569 Comments. 79 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo