Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Slash

Real Name Slash   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Slashman
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Aug 1, 2008, 12:28
Total Comments 1500 (Pro)
User ID 52205

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
19. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 17, 2014, 00:17 Slashman

Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2014, 16:31:
Planet Explorers is well worth it if you like those sort of games. We just got steam keys but the community and dev support has been strong for a long time.

I was looking at it, but wanted to hear from someone on Blues who has actually played it. What's it actually like?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo
15. Re: Galactic Command Echo Squad SE Demo Mar 17, 2014, 00:13 Slashman

So I never got into these games. I thought that 3000AD was a combo FPS/Flight sim/Cap ship command game. Or is it split into parts?  

News Comments > Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced
16. Re: Total War: ROME II: Hannibal at the Gates Announced Mar 14, 2014, 09:12 Slashman

Deepjay wrote on Mar 14, 2014, 06:58:
My point is that these work in progresses are making their way into mainstream sale sites such as steam to the point where you're never really sure what you're buying these days. Yes you can research it, but you shouldn't have to.

I have yet to see a game in Early Access on Steam which does not warn you that the game is incomplete, will have bugs and is still being developed.

It says this for all early access games on the store page.

People who ignore that and then complain are crazy.

News Comments > Wargame Red Dragon Preorders Get Beta Access
3. Re: Wargame Red Dragon Preorders Get Beta Access Mar 13, 2014, 17:29 Slashman

Don't know if to jump in on the 1st, second or third title.

Thinking of getting Airland Battle...but the idea of naval combat is really appealing...

News Comments > Interceptor Sees Blood?
15. Re: Interceptor Sees Blood? Mar 9, 2014, 01:02 Slashman

Wesp5 wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 16:25:
ItBurn wrote on Mar 8, 2014, 13:22:
The shadow warrior remake by Devolver was amazing.

It wasn't amazing, it was boring! Copy and Paste levels, the same handful of enemies throughout the whole game and nothing left from the humor of the original. It played like Serious Sam Asian Edition ;)...

I found it pretty fun. They said right from the start that they weren't doing the same humor as the original and I think they still did a decent job with that aspect.

The powers and sword fighting were cool too. You also did get new enemies as you went along. So I'm not sure what you're talking about. Sure there were recurring ones, but they were more than just a handful. Although I guess it depends on what counts as a handful to you.

It's a run and gun shooter. What kind of gameplay did you actually expect?

News Comments > PC Dark Souls II Next Month
14. Re: PC Dark Souls II Next Month Mar 6, 2014, 23:18 Slashman

{PH}88fingers wrote on Mar 6, 2014, 22:46:
how is it fraud? When I go traveling for work all over the world, I want to be able to still buy my games and watch netflix or whatever else.

They still get my money, I never pirate and I pay for my services.

Regional locking out of services is what is a joke.

Quoted for truth.

I paid good money for my tablet and I get to have a gutted excuse for an app store. Why?

'Because if you live in the Caribbean, you must actually be from another planet where they like a shitty selection of apps. Let us oblige you by making sure you only get the tastiest turds
(You know...the ones with the little peanuts in them. You LOVE those right? mmmmmMMMM! Turds!!!)'

News Comments > Steam Family Library Sharing Live
20. Re: Steam Family Library Sharing Live Mar 1, 2014, 19:26 Slashman

Well there goes my master plan to play hundreds of games from Prez's account. Tears  

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
25. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 15:08 Slashman

dj LiTh wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 14:44:
Ok now you lost me completely, because i've not once seen egosoft say just how horrible their game is to date. They say they are adding features that are requested, instead of fixing broken interfaces. Not once have i heard the egosoft devs man up to just how broken and unplayable Xrebirth was or even still is.

You haven't seen it because they have never done it.

Their first statement after release was how great a success the game was and how they are sorry that SOME people are experiencing problems.

Even then they had to admit that they never tested the game on high end rigs, they never acted like it was a mistake. They were all like: 'Well if it ran on low to mid range systems, it should have done great on higher end hardware.'

And even after all the crap, they keep insisting that the game will never be X4. Not that it isn't obvious by how much of a turd it is.

News Comments > X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans
23. Re: X Rebirth Patch & Future Plans Feb 26, 2014, 14:36 Slashman

Task wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 12:34:
dj LiTh wrote on Feb 26, 2014, 10:59:
Are you joking? Cause i played Rome2 last month and its vastly improved. Infact i finally feel good about it now. As for Rebirth its still in an absolutely awful state.

Why would I be joking?

Do my copy-paste Generals in Rome 2 still teleport MAGICALLY to my standing armies in Rome 2? Yup.
Do my Generals have Families? **** if I know!
Do my armies magically create boats when stepping on water? Sure do.
Are the RPG city building mechanics and character progression non-existent? Sure are.

Dumb Design ideas are still Dumb Design ideas. IE just like Egosoft's Rebirth "highway" minigame = dumb.

If those are the only things making you fell Rome 2 is useless, that's a pretty weak list.

There is a difference between removing some features and then completely crapping over everything that made the previous games great.

Rebirth is just one huge retard-fest. Your co-pilot sits there and lets the ship get blown up if you remote pilot a drone. There is no radar. There is still no way to give precise orders to your fleet of ships. The Skunk flies and fights like some kind of bad FPS game. Small and medium shipyards still don't produce ships. You can't finely control what your stations produce and set prices for wares. You only have one extremely bland, ugly and uninteresting ship with a handful of possible(and boring) upgrades.

I could go on, but I don't think I have to.

Rome 2 is in nowhere near the state of Rebirth.

News Comments > Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer
4. Re: Wargame: Red Dragon Trailer Feb 23, 2014, 09:42 Slashman

Cutter wrote on Feb 22, 2014, 13:31:
In "steal-th" mode? Lol!

How did no one catch that during the recording session? Friggin' hilarious!

Sweet looking game though. Been putting off getting the other 2 since I have this stupidly long backlog of games already. Anxious

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys
8. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall Beta Keys Feb 22, 2014, 18:12 Slashman

Keep forgetting to finish the first one...  

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Holy Avatar vs. Maidens of the Dead Feb 21, 2014, 12:37 Slashman

They always do turn based. The first one was and I have yet to play the second but I think it is as well.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video
28. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Crafting Video Feb 20, 2014, 16:58 Slashman

So F2P in a few months after launch?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Banished
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Banished Feb 19, 2014, 11:34 Slashman

I'd like to formally request that all game developers stop releasing games until I at least clear up enough of my backlog to consider playing their game. Sweatdrop  

News Comments > PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey
3. Re: PC Leads Developer Next Game Survey Feb 19, 2014, 11:32 Slashman

Creston wrote on Feb 19, 2014, 11:26:
Uh-huh. I'll believe it when I see it. This is just more PC pandering while the 'next-gen' consoles work to get market share. Once that's done, all these supposed PC converts will all quickly suck console dick again.

Sad...but likely more true than not.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
14. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2014, 11:31 Slashman

This just drives home the point that this tired formula for MMOs has run its course.

You can't keep churning out generic, made-for-derps-and-their-grandma, borefests and expect that people will be awe struck.

They all need to die. Seriously. when was the last time an MMO came out with either an innovative idea or truly brutal gameplay/rules?

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
17. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 11:24 Slashman

Why apologize for the inconvenience when they are refusing to help with it? What does telling someone that has a non-working game 'sorry' do if you are purposely leaving them out in the cold?

So classy...

News Comments > Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever)
4. Re: Arkham Origins Patch After DLC (If Ever) Feb 10, 2014, 09:25 Slashman

BitWraith wrote on Feb 10, 2014, 09:10:
How widespread are the issues? I have had none playing on pc (with a controller, admittedly)

Answered your own question perhaps?

News Comments > Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced
5. Re: Space Pirates and Zombies 2 Announced Feb 7, 2014, 10:53 Slashman

I'm in! This looks awesome. Just the kind of thing I'd sink long hours into.

I really like the first game and always wondered what these guys could do with more of a budget and a 3d engine.

News Comments > New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha
2. Re: New Elite: Dangerous Backer MP Alpha Feb 5, 2014, 18:44 Slashman

Creston wrote on Feb 5, 2014, 17:45:
Gotta hand it to David, rather than just talking about it, he is actually MAKING Elite 4 now.

In other news, Amazon.com reports that they've shipped a large supply of ice scrapers to various addresses in Hell.

Laugh

1500 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo